Rudy Fernandez Will Have Back Surgery

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Rudy Will Have Back Surgery

Dec 08, 2009 3:12 PM EST

Rudy Fernandez will undergo a surgical procedure on Tuesday to relieve pressure on a nerve root in his back. The procedure is known as a microdiscectomy.

Fernandez has been suffering from a sciatic condition which is causing pain in his right leg.

Details of the recovery timetable will be released after the surgery is completed.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63286/20091208/rudy_will_have_back_surgery/

Well, we could probably trade for him now and it wouldn't cost us much.

Should we still pursue Rudy?

Is this a good time to make an offer and hope he comes back at full health?

TunerAddict

Starter
Can you trade for people who're hurt?

And i think the surgery only causes you to miss a cpl days...It is really minor

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think we should. If the surgery's as minor as Tuner says it is then all the more reason. The guy has amazing upside I think. Hopefully the sciatic is enough to sway things in our favor.

Has he even played much this year? I've not seen or heard much from him.

TunerAddict

Starter
Apparently he'll be out 4-6 weeks....

Looks like they are being cautious because from what i've read normal ppl get it and are back to work within a week.

But since its contact sports they probably want the nerve to fully heal and shit.

JayJ44

Starter
Apparently he'll be out 4-6 weeks....

Looks like they are being cautious because from what i've read normal ppl get it and are back to work within a week.

But since its contact sports they probably want the nerve to fully heal and shit.

Maybe that's better as far as a trade goes...I would think his value is at an all-time low.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Nate for Rudy? (replacement SG)
Chandler for Rudy? (outlaw down)
J.Hill for Rudy? (Oden down)

What deal works more? (for both sides)

Nate + Chandler for Rudy + Outlaw works.

Portland gets the SF help they need and a scorer off the bench to replace Rudy.

Nate would probably ok this deal too. He gets to go back to the Pacific Northwest, play with his buddy in B Roy and gets to play (which he's not doing now).

...sometimes I wish Donnie would read these threads.