Yankees Make Worst Trade Ever

jpz17

Starter
Exactly. Javy Vazquez got a Cy Young vote last year and basically we gave up Melky Cabrera, a 4th or 5th OF, to get him.

I understand the love-affair with Melky, but he's really not all that good. He is what he is, a very replaceable outfielder. With the acquisition of Granderson, Cabrera became expendable and for this middle of the road outfielder we got strength at the back of the rotation (which, you may remember, was lacking through the playoffs last year).

If you dummys watched any of Vazquez in New York you would know just how bad he is

Paul1355

All Star
Maybe these dummies realize that was 5 years ago and he was playing while injured.

watch vazquez get an era of like 3.20 and get 18 wins and do good in the playoffs...im no lover of him but i not a hater of a guy who was top 5 in cy young nominations and is our 4th starter! come on guys seriosly we traded nothing for him!

Melky was inconsistent and only had a good arm..thats it...maybe he will be better in the future but we need better players and we needed a rotation!

KBlack25

Starter
watch vazquez get an era of like 3.20 and get 18 wins and do good in the playoffs...im no lover of him but i not a hater of a guy who was top 5 in cy young nominations and is our 4th starter! come on guys seriosly we traded nothing for him!

Melky was inconsistent and only had a good arm..thats it...maybe he will be better in the future but we need better players and we needed a rotation!

Exactly, we gave up nothing to get Javy Vazquez and bolser a rotation that featured only three guys the entire playoffs last year...

The BEST we could hope for out of Melky Cabrera was that he became Curtis Granderson...but Curtis Granderson is Curtis Granderson, Melky was a very expendable piece.

jpz17

Starter

Arodys Vizcaino is nothing? Our #1 pitching prospect?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=vizcai001aro
2.13 ERA is nothing? hmmm looks like these guys are dummies. Trust me guys I know baseball. I look at baseball numbers all day and watch clips all day. When I'm not in class I'm doing something baseball-related. Cabrera was solid. Vizcaino was good, and I wouldn't even pay Javier his HUUUUUUGE salary. We could get better for that price in free agency and wouldn't have to give up Melky and Vizcaino.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul

2.13 ERA is nothing? hmmm looks like these guys are dummies. Trust me guys I know baseball. I look at baseball numbers all day and watch clips all day. When I'm not in class I'm doing something baseball-related. Cabrera was solid. Vizcaino was good, and I wouldn't even pay Javier his HUUUUUUGE salary. We could get better for that price in free agency and wouldn't have to give up Melky and Vizcaino.

Does it matter what his salary is? This is his last year in his contract.

And I thought Melancon or Brackman was our #1 Pitching prospect...

Paul1355

All Star

so then how would u have solved the rotation problem?

You know Joba has proven that he is more relaxed as a bullpen guy. Hughes will prob be the 5th starter. Melky was solid? How about his horrible slumps when he sucked and did nothing. He was not that good stop kissing his azz bro.

Fact is we are a better team because of this move.

Do you know how many top prospects we have? When you have the best minor league system in baseball, you use those players as trade bait....pretend to be Brian Cashman for a second.