Knicks @ Hornets

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Well I'm not sure where along the line you've decided he could be an all-star.

He's too small for the SG, still he does a decent job playing there. No his defense is not good especially not at SG but what can be expected when you're 1 foot shorter than the other guy?

He is not an elite ball handler or passer, so he will never be an all star PG.

The only things Nate has in his arsenal is extreme energy, athleticism and a good scoring instinct. This does not make him a potential all star imo.

I don't have a problem with Nate being benched if it's for the best but what I don't understand is half the fans turning against him, expecting him to be something he isn't and calling him out for stuff that isn't even that big of a deal.

He can work on those skills. He can be that scoring PG in this league. He has so much quickness and stamina to be a beast on defense.

I don't know about you but He handles the ball pretty well and when he did run the PG for a while, his passing was good. He has the ability to penetrate and dish or shoot.

He can be a Westbrook type of player despite his height.

smokes

Huge Member
Sometime I think more sport-Fans pay more attention to what they read and hear than what they see with their eyes

I think that's a pretty good summary of what's going on with a lot of this Nate-hate.

There's the key... Whenever the Knicks are trailing in a blowout, the other team lets their guards down. Most of his scoring explosions occur when the other team isn't even really trying, or we're playing against their subs.

Case in point where all those games last year N8 brought us back from the dead, BUT NEVER could seal the deal. When it came down to hitting that buzzer beater- CLANK!

"he is always happy he made his dream come true. Being able to play in the NBA..."

You see... this isn't good enough for me. You can have that sort of guy... I prefer the guy who isn't content just b/c he made it. I want the guy who will fight to WIN, where WINNING is what matters.

Just showing up means nothing.... This is part of N8's problem. This is a profession.... Not taking it seriously is akin to disrespect.

I'll give you some of your points, but I gotta disagree with a few.

First off Nate's fourth quarter point surges aren't always against teams who have their guard down or are playing subs. He is an energy guy, that's his forte. Problem is he is NOT an all star guard, you can't put the game on his shoulders, someone else has to step up and consistently the Knicks rely on 1 guy (Harrington or Nate) to get them back and that's not going to happen, it needs to happen from a team effort.

Also I think Nate does want to win, he does have a lot of respect for our team, look at him on the bench tonight, 5 games he hasn't played and he is jumping off the bench cheering on the team. Yeah he makes mistakes as does everyone and I don't personally like his showboating either BUT I don't think it's the cause of any of our losses.

Anyway back to the game, it's nice to see us really stepping up tonight. Although D'antonis decision making sometimes is questionable, this system is clearly effective, problem is we don't have the players to make it work. When our guys get hot we win and when they don't we lose. If we had 2-3 consistent scorers we would win a hell of a lot more.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Who the hell is this Duhon guy? Where the hell has he been this season lol
Loving this game.

Great play by the Knicks. Big ups to Gallo and Chandler blocking shots. The effort by this team is getting better and better every single game. Gallo just does everything on the court.

Great win by the KNICKS! 4 in a row! How sweet it is.

mafra

Legend
I think that's a pretty good summary of what's going on with a lot of this Nate-hate.

I'll give you some of your points, but I gotta disagree with a few.

First off Nate's fourth quarter point surges aren't always against teams who have their guard down or are playing subs. He is an energy guy, that's his forte. Problem is he is NOT an all star guard, you can't put the game on his shoulders, someone else has to step up and consistently the Knicks rely on 1 guy (Harrington or Nate) to get them back and that's not going to happen, it needs to happen from a team effort.

Also I think Nate does want to win, he does have a lot of respect for our team, look at him on the bench tonight, 5 games he hasn't played and he is jumping off the bench cheering on the team. Yeah he makes mistakes as does everyone and I don't personally like his showboating either BUT I don't think it's the cause of any of our losses.

Anyway back to the game, it's nice to see us really stepping up tonight. Although D'antonis decision making sometimes is questionable, this system is clearly effective, problem is we don't have the players to make it work. When our guys get hot we win and when they don't we lose. If we had 2-3 consistent scorers we would win a hell of a lot more.

I don't blame our losing on N8 either. I also think he can be a force when he's on. Just so happens that you can rely on that once every 5-6 games.... which means he does little to help you do anything when he's not on.

I always felt like his best usage was to let him run wild and pull him when he's cold (or forcing the issue).... put him in when you need a spark.

I like him as a person, would love to hang out with him, love his personality and all that stuff... I just got fed up with his showboating, and his lack of concentration. You know... HEY.... we can lose with you or lose w/out you just the same. AND, as it stands now.... Knicks are 7-6 and are on a 5-1 run or something since he got benched.

LOOK AT DUHON, we all still bash the guy but he's been playing much better lately. N8 has way more talent than Duhon, but Duhon is willing to roll up his sleeve and do the work.

I have to give coach credit for tonight. Whatever he did at the half- it worked!

BUT, I do think it might be time soon to let N8 out of the doghouse. If Curry can get some minutes, so can N8. Otherwise, trade him next week to anyone who wants him so he can play.

BUT, when we win.... and if Douglas doesn't even play.... hard to demand we se N8.

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah Gallo and Chandler impressed a lot with their hustle today. I'm praying this is Chandler settling down after his injury because I was expecting big things from him this year and so far he's been disappointing. He could play like this every night. It's not huge numbers but the effort is there and that's converting into great basketball.

Gallo is just showing his skills now, we all knew he was a knock down shooter but the effort he put in on D tonight was great. I also really liked the fact that he drove to the basket, clearly got fouled, they didn't call it, but he wasn't hanging around whining, he got back and carried it on, didn't let it affect his game.

NO sucks really but this was an enjoyable win. CP3 is probably dying to be playing for coach D right now.

mafra

Legend
Who the hell is this Duhon guy? Where the hell has he been this season lol
Loving this game.

Great play by the Knicks. Big ups to Gallo and Chandler blocking shots. The effort by this team is getting better and better every single game. Gallo just does everything on the court.

Great win by the KNICKS! 4 in a row! How sweet it is.

Double-Double from Gallo.... 12 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks and only 1 turnover. That's a solid game.

Also props to WC. Great shooting tonight.

Looks like we're going to see a TIGHT 7-9 man rotation.... Gallo & Hughes off the bench, with some Curry sprinkled in (and perhaps some N8 or TD).

mafra

Legend
Yeah Gallo and Chandler impressed a lot with their hustle today. I'm praying this is Chandler settling down after his injury because I was expecting big things from him this year and so far he's been disappointing. He could play like this every night. It's not huge numbers but the effort is there and that's converting into great basketball.

Gallo is just showing his skills now, we all knew he was a knock down shooter but the effort he put in on D tonight was great. I also really liked the fact that he drove to the basket, clearly got fouled, they didn't call it, but he wasn't hanging around whining, he got back and carried it on, didn't let it affect his game.

NO sucks really but this was an enjoyable win. CP3 is probably dying to be playing for coach D right now.

Exactly... I do think WC is adjusting and finally getting healthy. I think Gallo has that IT.... that IT with his talent means good things to come. he wants to be a complete player. I totally expect him to improve his defense, his rebounding.... What I love is that he's focusing on those 2 things.... even more so than just trying to be an all-around scorer!

We really could use WC to fit into that Shawn Marion type role. Knock down 3s, play defense, get to the basket!

NO stinks, but they have won a few games lately, and ANY road victory for us is huge.

Also glad to see that Hughes-Harrington combo leading this team. It just takes the heat off the kids.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
And don't forget - we had seven blocked shots tonight. For a team that was dead last in shotblocking last year, that's excellent progress (3 from WC, 2 from Gallo and 2 from JJ)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
YEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Another win mother****ers!!! Loving it...!!! Beer will taste even better tonight with another win in the bag...

milchshake

Benchwarmer
aaaAAAAAAA:alert: first 4-0 run for years OMG, even duhon played well, such nyk confidence in 4th qarter !!

I can still look for 7-0 before the X-mas.:gony:

Last edited:

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Don't think that this winning streak is because Nate is "grounded".
We finally have a different atittude, playing smarter, as a team and most important, we stopped shooting 3's all the time!
If we continue to play like this, we might have shot at the playoffs, but we need more depth, we can't play only 8 guys for the rest of the season.

Kiyaman

Legend
We need a Headcoach

And all the haters shut the **** up real quick...

I been Hating on Celebrity coach Dantoni and Walsh since the day they got this job. Their career history do not belong on the Knicks.

I know the talents and skills of all the Knick-Players.....
Our 3rd and 4th quarter (28-17 and 32-17) makes my first post during this game so much true....."the Knicks were suppose to have a 10 point lead after the first quarter"

If u and many others are to blind to see that Donnie Walsh had much much more to do with this 4 game win streak than coach Dantoni....u have a blind eye to NBA B-Ball.

Donnie Walsh made the move with his big media conection at 11:00 AM on espn and NBA TV, by announcing a multiple trade between the Knicks and Chicago with his Pet-Player Harrington included in the trade.
What was our record at the time....4-15.
It dont look like I was the only one "Hating on Dantoni".
A 4 game win streak (8-15)

Call it Kiya conspiracy theory or whatever, but Wilson Chandler was not driving, slashing, or hitting 45% of his jumpers in none of the first 19 games of the season. And Duhon return performance of lastseason just happen to return on the same day Walsh had that trade proposal announced all on espn and NBA TV. Yet, no players were traded

Kiyaman

Legend
Just Sad Sad Sad

oh yeah 8 man rotation is ridiculous huh..

okayyyy
5-1
since

45-37.

we will get there

Why do Knick-Fans keep counting that Phoenix Suns game as a WIN?
There is no way they watch that game.
Phoenix Suns knocked off the Orlando Magic last night, and have a 16-7 record with the highest team points in the NBA at 108 per game.

Dantoni got more friends in the Phoenix organization than he have in the NBA.....a lost to a dear friend with a 3-14 record means nothing to a .680 Phoenix Suns

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
And all the haters shut the **** up real quick...

ooo dayumm bro, the haters struck mad quickly. already blaming curry and dantoni for a loss when it was still the first half! come on guys you saw us come back in atlanta the same way. glad to see the knicks shut you guys up for now(for now being the key words lol). hopefully they can keep it up. seriously though i had a hardon watching the second half. the movement without the ball, cutting to the lane, excellent passing, it was just some beautiful basketball. and how sick was that final 18-0 run at the end of the game?? duhorn actually played decent, lets hope he can keep that up, we gonna need it if we want any shot at that 8th spot. and gallo was huge as usual lol.

GO KNICKS!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
forgot to add that our second half defense was much improved. im still perplexed at how we've been able to keep teams under 100 points. i mean we are the knicks after all. next game is the bobcats. there should be NO way they score 100 points if the knicks keep playing solid defense. and has anyone else noticed gallo's massive improvent on defense? i admit last year he was keith van horn-like defensively. even in the beginning of this year he wasnt to hot. i still remember steven "no name" grahm crossing him up in the shot that propelled the bobcats to beat us the first time. but he has improved to become a decent man defender, and a nice help defender. had 2 blocks yesterday. we gotta see improvment from gallo from all phases, and im glad he seems commited on the d-end.