Knicks @ Hornets

KBlack25

Starter
If Gallinari can give us a block a game and 8 rebounds per game....we'll definately have our Dirk.

I know another commentator has suggested it, but honestly can you imagine how Gallo would mesh with LBJ (God-willing)? It'd be unreal, we'd instantly have a top-5 starting lineup the way these two could play with one another in the lineup...

Kiyaman

Legend
forgot to add that our second half defense was much improved. im still perplexed at how we've been able to keep teams under 100 points. i mean we are the knicks after all. next game is the bobcats. there should be NO way they score 100 points if the knicks keep playing solid defense. and has anyone else noticed gallo's massive improvent on defense? i admit last year he was keith van horn-like defensively. even in the beginning of this year he wasnt to hot. i still remember steven "no name" grahm crossing him up in the shot that propelled the bobcats to beat us the first time. but he has improved to become a decent man defender, and a nice help defender. had 2 blocks yesterday. we gotta see improvment from gallo from all phases, and im glad he seems commited on the d-end.

Now we are talking about the big-difference this Knick team has made in their performance.

We should all know the talents and skills of all the Knick-Players, and offense is something the Knicks have never been weak in since Spree & Houston.
Our 3rd and 4th quarter (28-17 and 32-17) of this game and the last 4 games we have to admit the team-defense is clicking way above average. This is a huge credit I have to give to the defensive-experience of "Larry Hughes & Jefferies" whom have their teammates running to help defend other teammates positions (even Lee keeps his hands up on defense now).
This is not bashing Dantoni and his staff, but this type of team-defense is more related to coach Red Holzman and coach JVG.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm not really going to put my hopes on LeBron until the summer of 2010.

Lebron would never play for headcoach Dantoni when the Cavs headcoach Brown has ten times more strategy on offense/defense than Dantoni have NBA experience. LOL LOL LOL

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Why do Knick-Fans keep counting that Phoenix Suns game as a WIN?
There is no way they watch that game.
Phoenix Suns knocked off the Orlando Magic last night, and have a 16-7 record with the highest team points in the NBA at 108 per game.

Dantoni got more friends in the Phoenix organization than he have in the NBA.....a lost to a dear friend with a 3-14 record means nothing to a .680 Phoenix Suns

Wait! I hope I am reading this wrong...you can't be saying that Dant's connection to Phoenix lead to them throwing the game! You just can't be saying that...can you?

Kiya...no offense but I am really questioning your objectivity now. It seems you have gone "all in" on your Dant hatred and it is clouding your judgment...your hate for him seems stronger than your willingness to be happy about the good play as of late. Walk it back dude...walk it back!

ANU

Starter
Lebron would never play for headcoach Dantoni when the Cavs headcoach Brown has ten times more strategy on offense/defense than Dantoni have NBA experience. LOL LOL LOL
NEGATIVO.

14mf0jb.jpg

Wait! I hope I am reading this wrong...you can't be saying that Dant's connection to Phoenix lead to them throwing the game! You just can't be saying that...can you?

Kiya...no offense but I am really questioning your objectivity now. It seems you have gone "all in" on your Dant hatred and it is clouding your judgment...your hate for him seems stronger than your willingness to be happy about the good play as of late. Walk it back dude...walk it back!
he doesn't know what he's talking about.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Roger on that K-Man

Now we are talking about the big-difference this Knick team has made in their performance.

We should all know the talents and skills of all the Knick-Players, and offense is something the Knicks have never been weak in since Spree & Houston.
Our 3rd and 4th quarter (28-17 and 32-17) of this game and the last 4 games we have to admit the team-defense is clicking way above average. This is a huge credit I have to give to the defensive-experience of "Larry Hughes & Jefferies" whom have their teammates running to help defend other teammates positions (even Lee keeps his hands up on defense now).
This is not bashing Dantoni and his staff, but this type of team-defense is more related to coach Red Holzman and coach JVG.

Holding Paul and frustrating the hell out of him is something that doesn't show up in the stats. Hughes never gets much credit form the announcers, but they talk to the ppg fans anyway (Clyde calls it well). Duhon was on a roll, deserved all the time. He will rarely pass to Hughes though, maybe 2 times last night. Jeffries is going to be one hurting dude come around 45. He puts that body on the line. Hughes had Paul frustrated as hell. Duhon doesn't get that assignment, these things are only in the coaches hands, hence Hughes long career. People need to understand that he is Defensive player number one. The good ball handling, steals, assist (last night I believe Hughes had 6-8), are all gravy. His shot was off after hitting a few.

Great game, best shooting percent of the year, almost just plain lucky shooting, but after all those other games, the Knicks deserve some luck. Team looks like it maybe getting some chemistry. I wish they would play Nate, either sit Hughes, Duhon some, show him off some for no one is going to be that interested in a DNP for a month. Decide to keep or deal, for some guard will go down and a team could need him and maybe we can get an old 7 foot center that is backing somebody up. Curry is way too far out of shape and I think Dikembe Mutumbo could kick him in the paint still.
Does anyone know why Darko is in the house with Nate? If you could package Nate, Curry (which won't happen) and Darko, for one decent Center it would be great. FUN GAME

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Chandler, Duhon, Harrington played great, that's 4 straight wins versus Hornets, I can't believe it still. 18-0 run to end game on 6-6 from three point range in final 4 minutes is just crazy. Love our Knicks, yea...

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Pretty amazing stuff from our Knicks last night.

Duhon is from NO, had about 50 people he knew in attandance. You knew he was going to go off today. If only he averaged 22 and 9....

We won this game because of the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter. Nice to know we aren't choking very much this year.

Also, 4 game winning streak, first since January of 06. Damn, it's been a minute.