New Power Ranking: Knicks overatted?

How long do you think the streak will last for?

• Total voters

dpryde

Benchwarmer
You sign a MLE PG to back up...not play 46 muthafukin minutes in a game to do absolutely nothing except jog up and down the court.

Duhon isn't that good.
Never was that good.
When can we realize this?

The organization failed in not giving D'Antoni a PG to work with.

Duhon is low quality...**** all the inflated stats, you guys know he's bad.

I don't know why people on this forum dare to defend a Louisiana version of Kevin Ollie.

co-signnnn took the words right outta my mouth. the thing that pisses me off is that once management parted ways with starbury we knew our biggest weakness was PG. so we go into a draft LOADED with starting pg's. oh to bad, instead of jennings or lawson we drafted etan thomas 2.0 in jordan hill. alright how about free agency? ramon sessions, jason williams, jamal tinsely are all options. but we dont go after anyy of them. how the **** can management tell us that they are aiming for the playoffs when chris duhon is our pg. hes so bad he makes eric snow look good as a player and nba analyst (which he sucks at both).

New New York

Quiet Storm
You sign a MLE PG to back up...not play 46 muthafukin minutes in a game to do absolutely nothing except jog up and down the court.

Duhon isn't that good.
Never was that good.
When can we realize this?

The organization failed in not giving D'Antoni a PG to work with.

Duhon is low quality...**** all the inflated stats, you guys know he's bad.

I don't know why people on this forum dare to defend a Louisiana version of Kevin Ollie.

Assist to T.O. ratio is a legit stat regardless of your playing time or type of offense you play in

Look I am not a Duhon fan -I am in fact indifferent on him- I'm just a realist, I am not defending him, but I am not overly critical of a player who has no impact on our future. If we had signed him past 2010 and his 6 million counted against the cap, then I would feel differently.

But my point again is, what did we really expect from him when we signed him?

You're right in most cases you sign a MLE PG to be a backup, but who should be playing in front of him? The reason why he plays the minutes he does is simply because we do not have another PG on the team.

I'll say it again....no one thought Duhon was going to be the savior of the franchise, what he is giving us now is all that we should expect!

Being mad that Duhon is not a top 5 PG is like being upset that Darko isnt Gasol or that Larry Hughes isnt playing like Joe Johnson.

" A wise man Faces reality as it, not how he wishes it was"

~Jack Welch

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
co-signnnn took the words right outta my mouth. the thing that pisses me off is that once management parted ways with starbury we knew our biggest weakness was PG. so we go into a draft LOADED with starting pg's. oh to bad, instead of jennings or lawson we drafted etan thomas 2.0 in jordan hill. alright how about free agency? ramon sessions, jason williams, jamal tinsely are all options. but we dont go after anyy of them. how the **** can management tell us that they are aiming for the playoffs when chris duhon is our pg. hes so bad he makes eric snow look good as a player and nba analyst (which he sucks at both).

ummmm....manangement actually went after all three of the PG's you just listed,we were the first to workout Jason Williams and Jamal Tinsley, we flirted heavily w/ Ramon Sessions be he wouldve hindered our cap space in 2010 so we passed because he wasnt wort hit.....not to mention Andre Miller who we didnt get because he wanted more than a 1 yr deal and we went after this PG by the name of Jason Kidd.

So your argument that we did not try to upgrade the PG position this offseason is invalid

Paul1355

All Star
yeah I mean Duhon has been playing awesome on our streak, but we need a pg who plays awesome all the time, not just now. I mean if Duhon keeps this up the rest of the year and we make the playoffs then you gotta give him credit, but I believe half our losses are 75 percent his fault.
he should still be back up to Toney Douglas