League Wide Interest In Camby.

Would anyone else here love to have Camby back?

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy declined to confirm Saturday a recent report that said various NBA teams have made trade offers for starting forward Marcus Camby. In the last year of a contract worth $9.1 million, Camby goes into tonight's game against the San Antonio Spurs ranked fifth in the league in blocks (2.1 per game) and sixth in rebounding (11.0 per game). "Marcus has been great," Dunleavy said. "We have a lot of guys that have a lot of interest from a lot of people." LA Times
2.1 and 11.... I hope we're on that list of those interested... Not for any reason but getting back one of my all time favorite knicks...
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="740"><tbody><tr><td colspan="4">
  • Marcus Camby
  • Forward
</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="277"> <!--insert action photo--> <script> var buyPhotoURL = ""; </script> <!-- Output Photo -->
act_marcus_camby.jpg
<script> //Define properties of image var imageLocation = "/media/act_marcus_camby.jpg"; var imageCaption = "Marcus Camby"; var imageCredit = ""; var imageWidth = 270; var imageHeight = 240; var iFrameEmbed = false; var omitEmailPhoto = false; var imageLink = ""; var linkWindow = ""; var target = document; if(iFrameEmbed) target = parent.document; //Set up cookies for sending the photo function submitEmailPhoto(indexPos) { SetCookie ("imageSRC", imageLoc[indexPos], null, "/"); SetCookie ("imageCaption", imageCap[indexPos], null, "/"); SetCookie ("imageCredit", imageCre[indexPos], null, "/"); SetCookie ("articleURL", target.location, null, "/"); SetCookie ("articleTitle", window.target.title, null, "/"); SetCookie ("omitAmex", imageAmex[indexPos], null, "/"); var host = location.hostname; host = host.substring(host.indexOf(".")); if (host == ".nba.com") { SetCookie ("teamPath", location.pathname.substring(1, location.pathname.indexOf('/', 1)), null, "/"); SetCookie("site", 'NBA', null, "/"); } attrs = 'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,screenX=25,screenY=25,top=25,left=25,copyhistory=no,,width=738,height=590'; newPopup=window.open('/components/EmailAPhotoForm.html','EmailaPhoto',attrs); newPopup.focus(); } </script> E-mail photo | Buy photos <script> if(imageLocation.indexOf("cache.nba.com") > -1) imageLoc[currentEPhoto] = imageLocation.substring(imageLocation.indexOf("cache.nba.com") + 13, imageLocation.length); else if(imageLocation.indexOf("www.nba.com") > -1) imageLoc[currentEPhoto] = imageLocation.substring(imageLocation.indexOf("www.nba.com") + 11, imageLocation.length); else if(imageLocation.indexOf("media.nba.com") > -1) imageLoc[currentEPhoto] = imageLocation.substring(imageLocation.indexOf("media.nba.com") + 13, imageLocation.length); else imageLoc[currentEPhoto] = imageLocation; imageCap[currentEPhoto] = imageCaption; imageCre[currentEPhoto] = imageCredit; currentEPhoto++; </script> |Gallery

<link rel="image_src" href="http://www.nba.com/media/act_marcus_camby.jpg">

</td> <td> 2009-10 Statistics

<dl id="prastats"><dt>PPG</dt><dd>8.5 </dd><dt>RPG</dt><dd>10.80 </dd><dt>APG</dt><dd>3.3 </dd><dt class="pralast">EFF</dt><dd class="pralast">+ 20.82 </dd></dl> Born: Mar 22, 1974
Height: 6-11 / 2.11
Weight: 235 lbs. / 106.6 kg.
College: Massachusetts
Years Pro: 13
<!--Generated by LOKI 2.0 (xsl/structured_data/player_list_active.xsl)--> <!--Generated by LOKI 2.0 (xsl/structured_data/player_list_active.xsl)-->
FANTASY IMPACT

Starter | Fantasy Depth Charts

</td></tr></tbody></table>

And it's not like we couldn't use his 2 bpg....

It'll never happen:mad:

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
Well dont be so sure. Camby's contract expires after this year, and we cant just sign Bron and not surround him with pieces. Camby could be one of the pieces we add, and he would be a tremendous help to the team, Lord knows we need those blocks.

p0nder

Starter
I was big on camby back when he was here, but he was injured pretty much the entire time. Then just as he got healthy we traded him. I think he's a great option at the 5 (tho he's still small for the position). That all being said I don't think the Clippers are going to trade him. And in fact I've heard their management have told all suitors that camby is off-limits and they aren't interested in trading him.

I think that we'd have to give up a LOT to get him, and that our focus is better spent trying to deal Nate with Curry or Jefferies.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
No thanks. I loved Camby as a Knick but he is too old and does not fit into our longterm vision.

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
No thanks. I loved Camby as a Knick but he is too old and does not fit into our longterm vision.

... Why not? We can't have a veteran big man who blocks shots for 2 years? I dont know about you but it fits the bill for my knicks team. :)

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
... Why not? We can't have a veteran big man who blocks shots for 2 years? I dont know about you but it fits the bill for my knicks team. :)

If we were contending for a title...maybe. At this point it is best to play people we want to trade or develop.

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
ok, I get you. I was talking about signing him next year to put next to a LeBron/Joe Johnson type.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I'd love to, he'd bring energy and a lot of defense to the team, plus, guys like Hill and Lee would learn a lot of things with him.
And the Garden would love it too, Camby is a true Knick.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Too late.

What?? Why do we need Camby at the 5?
We've got a perfectly good big man there already.

That's right. (now if only he could jump)

Who did you think I was talking about?