• No. Multiple reasons.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Scott_Howard_Cooper_Large.jpg
Man with unfortunate head talks NYK's turn around after franchises all time shit 1-9 start.

1213_dantioni_story.jpg

Full Story: http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/12/14/dantoni/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

The likeable D'Antoni -- popular in previous stops, especially Phoenix as the revved offense turned the Suns into an entertainment value as well as a playoff constant -- began to get a backlash from fans who figured last season was the difficult transition period. That was his first in New York. This one was supposed to be about moving forward. He took responsibility for not leading the Knicks anywhere, even as team president Donnie Walsh rightly dismissed such talk with the reminder that it was the front office that put the brakes on immediate rebuilding.
"I hate to put a coach in a position that's a difficult position," Walsh told the New York Times. "And I've definitely done that."
The truth, of course, is that nobody was put in a bad place. D'Antoni either had other offers or would, in time, but chose to join the Knicks as a Walsh hire, presumably aware of Walsh's plan to shed salaries and hold the line on the roster until springing into action with the summer 2010 free-agent bonanza. Nothing that has transpired around Madison Square Garden can be considered a surprise.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
The three key factors towards our turnaround which Dant plays a direct role in:

1. They stopped chucking up 3's every chance they could.
2. They are playing much better team defense.
3. The rotation has been shortened and roles have been defined.

If they can pick up their win% at home and continue playing strong on the road I can see us easily make the 7-8 seed in the East.

Kiyaman

Legend
I did'nt see any Knick defense in all 82 games lastseason, and the first 19 games this season were individual offensive performances with a little bit of individual defense coming from certain players as Darko, Hill, Douglas, and Hughes.

On the mourning of Friday Dec 4th at 11:00 am, I was watching ESPN for the weekend Football games, and breaking news of Donnie Walsh in talks of trading Harrington to the Chicago Bulls for injured role-player Tyson Thomas was all in affect.

Harrington has been the Knicks highest scorer and go to guy down the stretch. Trading Harrington for an injured player with a 4-15 record would have sent the Knicks on a very long losing streak which would not look good for any of the Knicks expiring contract players FA market winning only 20 games this season. And Dantoni is only locked to a two year contract.

I think President Donnie Walsh is finally doing his job with that threat.
Why? Walsh (Pet-Player) Harrington would give the Bulls the boost to make the playoffs, and the playoffs look very good to his expiring contract.

Larry Hughes took over the teams defensive department.
Larry Hughes team-defense was awesome in each of the 4 wins.....he had teammates cover each other on defense, jump at shots, keep their hands up on defense, but most of all he had Duhon, Lee, and Gallo block-shots in the 4 games, plus have Wilson Chandler perform at his normal performance being a big problem to oponents on offense and defense.

The Defense the Knicks played I never seen Dantoni use throughout his tour with the Phoenix Suns....or in one Knick game last season.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Typical Kiya.

Blame the coach when the players are playing poorly and give only credit to the players when they're playing well.

And ofcourse, throw in the obligatory conspiracy theory as well.

All without any shred of evidence to support these claims.

Can you go away now?

TunerAddict

Starter
Typical Kiya.

Blame the coach when the players are playing poorly and give only credit to the players when they're playing well.

Can you go away now?

Thats why I have him on ignore mate...You can only deal with so much

Kiyaman

Legend
u two should'nt be so nice....neither one of u have a clue on why we were 4-15, or who is the Big-Blame for this 4 game winning streak.
Whomever it is.....should be the top topic of discussion

ANU

Starter
Typical Kiya.

Can you go away now?
:teeth::teeth:

Paul1355

All Star
I'd like to see us keep up decent defense with Lee and Jeffries out there....we are getting very lucky during this wining streak

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
alright now we've lost a game to a team we should have beat, how do we respond? lets see if this is a 8th seed team, or just another pretender. if the knicks really are on the right track they'll bounce right back

Paul1355

All Star
alright now we've lost a game to a team we should have beat, how do we respond? lets see if this is a 8th seed team, or just another pretender. if the knicks really are on the right track they'll bounce right back
we can be on fire as a team and go ice cold for a losing streak...what worries me is that we are the worst streak team in the NBA

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont Hate the player hate the game

Typical Kiya.

Can you go away now?

u and Turner....bad tasting blunt sentences on the next member comment, and never on the Knicks as a team. Should only comment in the "Game Thread". Reading has never been a fundamental subject to both of u, when my 12 year old grandson B-Ball IQ has passed by yours 2 years ago.

Every other Knick Forum is commenting on Lil Nate would have got the Knicks that 5th straight win if giving playingtime in the 4th quarter of the Bobcats game (the Knicks only scored 13 points in the 4th qtr. WTF!).....coach Larry Clown took all his players out of his personal Dog-House for this game to run a 11-man rotation on the Knicks having a rested starting-lineup for the 4th quarter.
Dantoni was to damn-sturborn to do the same...
when Harrington was ill before the game

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
u and Turner....bad tasting blunt sentences on the next member comment, and never on the Knicks as a team. Should only comment in the "Game Thread". Reading has never been a fundamental subject to both of u, when my 12 year old grandson B-Ball IQ has passed by yours 2 years ago.

Every other Knick Forum is commenting on Lil Nate would have got the Knicks that 5th straight win if giving playingtime in the 4th quarter of the Bobcats game (the Knicks only scored 13 points in the 4th qtr. WTF!).....coach Larry Clown took all his players out of his personal Dog-House for this game to run a 11-man rotation on the Knicks having a rested starting-lineup for the 4th quarter.
Dantoni was to damn-sturborn to do the same...
when Harrington was ill before the game

you never making any sense, would you lay off on your wack theories

Kiyaman=FAIL