New York Knicks @ Charlotte Bobcats 12/15/2009

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
New York Knicks (8-15) @ Charlotte Bobcats (9-13)
Tue. 12/15/2009 at 7:00pm ET at TWC Arena

Hello everybody and welcome to the
nyk.gif
vs. the
cha.gif
game thread

After having a dreadful start and going 3-14 to begin the seasson, the NY Knicks are going the opposite way so far this month and going 5-1 in December.

We can only hope the Knicks build more confidence on this promising turnaround. The last time our Knicks went on a four or longer winning streak was back in 2006 when Larry Brown (lol) was still our coach.

I believe if the Knicks can play this type bball and maintain a winning attitude we are going to make the play-offs and will have an easier time convincing free agents next summer.

Now lets see some of our members oppinions about some of our players and the state of the team.

Al Harrington

''24 games in to this season, and Al Harrington has proven he can put up +20ppg against any opponent any night, home or away. He seems passionate and determined. Focused and thirsty to win. He's our team leader off the court, inspiring the team to read the same Lou Holtz book - "Winning Everyday" a book focusing on determination and achieving goals as a competitor.He's also been reported to have a printed update of the Eastern Conference standings next to his locker in order to keep tabs on NY's playoff hunt.'' Crayzy8s

Danilo Gallinari

''The thing that excites me more about Gallo than anything is his relentlessness on defense. He has not been backing down and been aggressive. He's been blocking shots left and right. I'm real happy that he's focusing on becoming a defensive threat. We all know that he can score but if he could give us that 1-2 blocks a game, damn we got ourselves a great player guys.'' TheChosen1

Wilson Chandler

''I'm praying this is Chandler settling down after his injury because I was expecting big things from him this year and so far he's been disappointing. He could play like this every night. It's not huge numbers but the effort is there and that's converting into great basketball.'' smokes

And now few lines from Espn game preview:
''The surging Knicks look to extend their season-high winning streak to five games and avoid a fourth straight loss to the host Charlotte Bobcats on Tuesday night. Charlotte could face a stiffer test this time against a Knicks team averaging 109.3 points and shooting 49.4 percent this month, while holding opponents to an average of 100.2 points in its six December games.''
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=291215030

And now the probable starting line-ups:

knicks.gif

PG. CHRIS DUHON
SG. WILSON CHANDLER
SF. JARRED JEFFRIES
PF. AL HARRINGTON
C. DAVID LEE

2377.jpg
3194.jpg
1717.jpg
308.jpg
2772.jpg

Reserves:

TONEY DOUGLAS
LARRY HUGHES
DANILO GALLINARI
JORDAN HILL
EDY CURRY

3979.jpg
356.jpg
3428.jpg
3994.jpg
990.jpg

Coach

MIKE D'ANTONI
30066.jpg

VS.

PG. RAYMOND FELTON
SG. STEPHEN JACKSON
SF. GERALD WALLACE
PF. BORIS DIAW
C. TYSON CHANDLER

2753.jpg
378.jpg
1026.jpg
2167.jpg
984.jpg

Reserves:

DJ AUGUSTIN
GERALD HENDERSON
STEPHEN GRAHAM
DERRICK BROWN

NAZR MOHAMMED

3415.jpg
3993.jpg
2832.jpg
3967.jpg
568.jpg

COACH

LARRY BROWN
30007.jpg

I hope we continue to play well and this should be a win for us if we play like we did lately.

My prediction:

crystal_ball2_bmwPreview.jpg

Knicks 106 Bobcats 98

:gony:GO KNICKS:beer:

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
Nice... funny how we've been .500 since: 1) Not signing Iverson. 2) Benching N8. 3) NOT running D'Antoni's famed system. Go figure? Anyway... D'Antoni 7 man rotation will eventually get burned out- and he will find a way to f*ck this up- sadly. It's time to work Curry-Douglas into the mix. Bout' time this moron starts winning- Go NYK's!

dpryde

Benchwarmer
great thread man! and i think this game might be dominated by the knicks in the first half, and the bobcats will make a huge run in the second half to make this game a nail biter. knicks's defense fails, but they score just enough to win 111-108.

p0nder

Starter
Nice... funny how we've been .500 since: 1) Not signing Iverson. 2) Benching N8. 3) NOT running D'Antoni's famed system. Go figure? Anyway... D'Antoni 7 man rotation will eventually get burned out- and he will find a way to f*ck this up- sadly. It's time to work Curry-Douglas into the mix. Bout' time this moron starts winning- Go NYK's!

LOL actually we've gone .500 since i said that if we reached .500 by year end i would print off my post and eat it...

:boohoo:

Great game thread! I think we're going to extend the winning streak here. I agree with red that Curry should start getting put into the mix more. Showcasing him and playing well around him is an important part to getting him to move. If we can win with curry as a large piece of the effort we can show that to other teams and get him off the books.

Looking forward to this game tonight... Anyone have a link to the broadcast?

:gony:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
potential bad news, saw a report that says harrington has the stomach flu. itd be a huge blow to lose him for this game with how well hes been playing this december. hopefully he can play through it

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
News: Harrington is suffering from an illness and did not participate in Tuesday morning's shootaround, the New York Times' Jonathan Abrams reports.
Spin: Despite the illness, Harrington is expected to play in Tuesday's game against Charlotte. Be sure to get him in your fantasy lineup.

he'll still play, hopefully he can still be effective

TunerAddict

Starter
Hopefully Al doesn't chuck tonight...He needs to play to his strength, driving...He destroyed these guys last time...

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
There's a block party going on in Charlotte and it's by the KNICKS ! That's what i'm talking about. Gallo with 2 blocks already !

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I hope we comeback in the 2nd quarter with our heads on straight. They couldn't make a pass towards end of the 1st. Curry has to play if we want to get rid of him. Even though we play the worst when he's out there.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
when curry was in the game the knicks kept trying to force him the ball. but he got some great position a couple of times and got some terrible passes. hughes not having the greatest first half, we gotta keep strong, same thing pretty much happened with New Orleans. But we need more BALL MOVEMENT, hopefuly we'll get that

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I hate duhon with a passion. that inbound pass was a stupid as it gets. then he passed a hard to catch one to lee. Good thing lee has quiq hands

Kiyaman

Legend
when curry was in the game the knicks kept trying to force him the ball. but he got some great position a couple of times and got some terrible passes. hughes not having the greatest first half, we gotta keep strong, same thing pretty much happened with New Orleans. But we need more BALL MOVEMENT, hopefuly we'll get that

There is very few players on this team that knows how to dump the ball down low to a bigman. Which is the number one reason why Lee should be on the court with Curry.
Hughes I like in the 2nd half just as long as he shoot at a minimum, but his defense is spreading fast to his teammates. All the Bobcat turnovers in the first half kept us in the game.
This look like a Knick Win (9-15)