Darko inactive

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
Alan Hahn wrote on his site that Darko was put on the inactive list for the first time this season, and stayed in the locker room the entire game.

What a disgrace to the NBA. What is the point of you being in the league. Atleast Nate cheers on his teammates even when hes not playing (you have to give Nate that, he is supportive) I never felt like Darko was excited to be here. I wish we had Q-Rich back, at least he tried hard every game.

Starks

Starter
Alan Hahn wrote on his site that Darko was put on the inactive list for the first time this season, and stayed in the locker room the entire game.

What a disgrace to the NBA. What is the point of you being in the league. Atleast Nate cheers on his teammates even when hes not playing (you have to give Nate that, he is supportive) I never felt like Darko was excited to be here. I wish we had Q-Rich back, at least he tried hard every game.

One of the biggest draft busts in recent memory. He won't be known for anything but being drafted before Dwade and Melo.

I know very well he was very excited to be in NYC. He is not bad player at all. Especially compared to other players on the current roster. He was doing fine that time he got a chance to play. I don’t know what’s happened after that. He was benched and very badly treated. I cannot see anythig there to be excited about, well beside those $7 mil a year but for those young kids it seems it doesn’t matter that much.<O:p</O:p

Starks

Starter
2003 NBA DRAFT:

1. LeBron James, St. Vincent-St. Mary HS (Ohio) Cleveland
2. Darko Milicic, Serbia & Montenegro Detroit
3. Carmelo Anthony, Syracuse Denver
4. Chris Bosh, Georgia Tech Toronto
5. Dwyane Wade, Marquette Miami
6. Chris Kaman, Central Michigan L.A. Clippers
7. Kirk Hinrich, Kansas Chicago
8. T.J. Ford, Texas Milwaukee
9. Mike Sweetney, Georgetown New York
10. Jarvis Hayes, Georgia Washington
11. Mickael Pietrus, France Golden State
12. Nick Collison, Kansas Seattle
13. Marcus Banks, UNLV Memphis (1)
14. Luke Ridnour, Oregon Seattle
15. Reece Gaines, Louisville Orlando
16. Troy Bell, Boston College Boston (1)
17. Zarko Cabarkapa, Serbia & Montenegro Phoenix
18. David West, Xavier New Orleans
19. Aleksandar Pavlovic, Serbia & Montenegro Utah
20. Dahntay Jones, Duke Boston (1)
21. Boris Diaw-Riffiod, France Atlanta
22. Zoran Planinic, Croatia New Jersey
23. Travis Outlaw, Starkville HS (Miss.) Portland
24. Brian Cook, Illinois L.A. Lakers
25. Carlos Delfino, Italy Detroit
26. Ndudi Ebi, Westbury Christian HS (Texas) Minnesota
27. Kendrick Perkins, Clifton J. Ozen HS (Texas) Memphis (1)
28. Leandrinho Barbosa, Brazil San Antonio (2)
29. Josh Howard, Wake Forest Dallas

And that's all I got to say about that

Starks

Starter
2003 NBA DRAFT:

Nice drafting by the Knicks by the way. It panned out well eh? Picked the only two not in the league

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
2003 NBA DRAFT:

a draft order says a thousand words bro, hell id take ndudi ebi over freaking darko, darko has always been a bust. he will be a bigger bust than kwame brown. why? because brown was drafted over other busts like tyson chandler and eddy curry, darko on the other hand was picked over carmelo, d-wade, bosh, mo williams, josh howard, kaman, pietrus. this is considered the best draft ever by some, except for darko of course

nyk_nyk

All Star
The Knicks always seem to be in that 7-9 spot. It sucks not being good enough to make the playoffs, but not bad enough to get a higher lottery pick.

ANU

Starter
seriously, how dumb a move was that by dumars?smh.how the **** do you miss that?

the pistons would have had a dynasty.
with a core of billups, rip,prince,melo,wallace and wallace.

tylerdurdin

Rookie
If I had a dollar for every dumb ****ing move this organization has made, I could have had Lebron James, Dwayne Wade and Carmello Anthony sign lifetime contracts with the Knicks.

Starks

Starter
It's crazy literally everyone on that draft list has had a better career than Sweatney and Lampe. Even Darko. How the hell the Knicks manage to get the only worthless players from that draft??

Starks

Starter
seriously, how dumb a move was that by dumars?smh.how the **** do you miss that?

the pistons would have had a dynasty.
with a core of billups, rip,prince,melo,wallace and wallace.

I think Bosh would have been the best fit for the Pistons. But this in retrospect. Can't really blame Dumars too too much now. This is back when everyone was looking for the next Dirk. Didn't Bargani get picked # 1 a year later?

SMH signed a 7 footer for nothing mean while our center is 6'9 and cant play d. And our 6'11 top draft pick is on the beach i dont understand this at all. Then we sign a player that didnt play in 4 years, so you telling me you would rather take a player with 2 bad knees over a young top ten draft pick with a better upside then half our roster smh. I never saw a bad team NOT play there young players in my life. I dont care how bad Darko Milicic is, he can play better d then lee with a blind fold on.

ANU

Starter
I think Bosh would have been the best fit for the Pistons. But this in retrospect. Can't really blame Dumars too too much now. This is back when everyone was looking for the next Dirk. Didn't Bargani get picked # 1 a year later?

their were pundits who where saying that lebron and melo would be the bird vs magic of the new era.i don't know how anyone could pass on "the bird" in that comparison.this is after melo led 'cuse to the ncaa championship as a freshman.we weren't talking about a senior here.the guy was 19.i just can't understand that pick.i mean, we've had shit drafts of our own, but they totally botched that shit.

Too many BS here. You can't blame Darko for being drafted that high. Not his fault definitely. The worst thing that could happen is to be drafted that high and not to get a chance to play. Plain bad luck. He is just 24 and we have never seen if he is really bad or good. Say (and hate him) whatever you want but he can play for sure, has better understanding of b-ball than 2/3<SUP>rd</SUP> of players on this team and definitely can contribute.<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

Last edited:

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
As bad as things are for Darko, I would re-sign him come next season to play backup center. He could be a Luc Longley type center, Darko has skills and everyone knows that. If only he care enough it would make all the difference in the world.

Starks

Starter
Too many BS here. You can't blame Darko for being drafted that high. Not his fault definitely. The worst thing that could happen is to be drafted that high and not to get a chance to play. Plain bad luck. He is just 24 and we have never seen if he is really bad or good. Say (and hate him) whatever you want but he can play for sure, has better understanding of b-ball than 2/3<SUP>rd</SUP> of players on this team and definitely can contribute.<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

That's true, but I highly doubt he will be in the NBA 3 years from now. He needs to go back home. He's in too much of a hole here

Starks

Starter
That's true, but I highly doubt he will be in the NBA 3 years from now. He needs to go back home. He's in too much of a hole here

Looks like I was wrong. The reports this morning have Darko confirming he admitting himself that he isn't cut out for the NBA and is leaving to play in Europe next year.

ANU

Starter
how about he actually works on his game this summer some.work on that j and try to learn a couple of post moves.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
''Darko Milicic has revealed he has decided to play in Europe next season.
"Whatever happens, I'm going back next year," the 7-foot-1 Milicic said after Wednesday's Knicks practice at Moody Bible Institute. "It's 100-percent certain. I have to be real and not lie. I'm not going to get it done in the NBA. I'm not going to get another opportunity and there's nothing wrong with going back to Europe. I don't want to create a bad atmosphere here, but it's not working in the NBA."
Milicic was a DNP in 15 of the last 16 games. With the Knicks signing center Jonathan Bender Sunday, Milicic may not dress again this season.''

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...rko_confirms_hell_play_in_europe_next_season/#

Via New York Post
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/count_darko_out_pbz7MTegxNv38e272IVXDO

p0nder

Starter
quitter!!

lol, i still laugh at him being picked over melo. Melo was pretty upset about not being #1 in that draft, then he falls another spot! hilarious. Is this the biggest draft bust of all time?