The Plan Has Worked - N8 Requests Trade.

Nate's either gonna make some noise or dissapear.... Which do you think'll happen?

• He'll go nuts - 18-20ppg

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • He'll sit on a bench and dance his way out of the league

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • We'll only see him at dunk comps and on the occassional trash time highlight

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • He'll get waived and not picked up like Earl Boykins

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

smokes

Huge Member
I compared Nate to Lebrons antics and pre game foolishness... which seems to be what everyone is complaining about.. not his skill

Yes and I reiterate... If Nate played like Lebron no one would give a shit about his antics...

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
You guys claim that Nate garnered no interest in the off-season because, essentially, he's a horrible person and player. Who exactly was in a bidding war with us over David Lee? I don't remember anyone fighting w/ Knicks' management to sign Lee, where the Knicks had to match an offer sheet. Do you? Truth is that Nate is tradeable. Have you seen some of the bums traded in our time? Why would Nate, a good player, not move? The Knicks just want an expiring contract.

As for Nate, his flaws or whatever, who doesn't have flaws in the NBA, let alone on the Knicks? He's not perfect, but he's not a useless, garbage player. He brings energy and scoring into a game.

Sure, this hasn't brought the Knicks victory. However, this is simply the result of how bad the Knicks frontline has been defensively, i.e., Nate or any Knick scorer hits a few shots and the Knick big men allow the opposition to keep the lead on the other end.

Shockingly, D'Antoni seems to have finally gotten David Lee to at least attempt to block layups. Bender seems like a guy unwilling to just stand there and allow easy layups, and Gallinari is making some impressive blocks. If the Knicks maintain defensive intensity and lose while playing Nate, I might then agree that he is the cancer you all claim he is. He hasn't got that chance, though, because he hasn't played during this strong defensive period.

With Nate, though, to compare him to Satan, it's wrong. To snap at any questions regarding Nate's status and not even let him earn a place back in the rotation, little by little, is also going overboard.

I respect D'Antoni's right, as a coach, to play whom he wants. However, he should at least give the man a chance to prove he's falling into line and let him earn some increased minutes. It would be pretty easy to tell if it isn't working out, and return him to the bench, during a game, without Nate negatively impacting the team. They do it with lots of other players, e.g, Jeffries, Hughes and Chandler, when they're having a bad game, and replace them with a player that's having a better game.

Treating Nate worst than Curry is inexcusable on the part of D'Antoni. He hasn't earned that sort of treatment. Maybe a few games on the bench, tentative minutes, but not this vendetta, especially when the guy is coming up on a contract year and needs to show teams what he can do.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
You guys claim that Nate garnered no interest in the off-season because, essentially, he's a horrible person and player. Who exactly was in a bidding war with us over David Lee? I don't remember anyone fighting w/ Knicks' management to sign Lee, where the Knicks had to match an offer sheet. Do you? Truth is that Nate is tradeable. Have you seen some of the bums traded in our time? Why would Nate, a good player, not move? The Knicks just want an expiring contract.

As for Nate, his flaws or whatever, who doesn't have flaws in the NBA, let alone on the Knicks? He's not perfect, but he's not a useless, garbage player. He brings energy and scoring into a game.

Sure, this hasn't brought the Knicks victory. However, this is simply the result of how bad the Knicks frontline has been defensively, i.e., Nate or any Knick scorer hits a few shots and the Knick big men allow the opposition to keep the lead on the other end.

Shockingly, D'Antoni seems to have finally gotten David Lee to at least attempt to block layups. Bender seems like a guy unwilling to just stand there and allow easy layups, and Gallinari is making some impressive blocks. If the Knicks maintain defensive intensity and lose while playing Nate, I might then agree that he is the cancer you all claim he is. He hasn't got that chance, though, because he hasn't played during this strong defensive period.

With Nate, though, to compare him to Satan, it's wrong. To snap at any questions regarding Nate's status and not even let him earn a place back in the rotation, little by little, is also going overboard.

I respect D'Antoni's right, as a coach, to play whom he wants. However, he should at least give the man a chance to prove he's falling into line and let him earn some increased minutes. It would be pretty easy to tell if it isn't working out, and return him to the bench, during a game, without Nate negatively impacting the team. They do it with lots of other players, e.g, Jeffries, Hughes and Chandler, when they're having a bad game, and replace them with a player that's having a better game.

Treating Nate worst than Curry is inexcusable on the part of D'Antoni. He hasn't earned that sort of treatment. Maybe a few games on the bench, tentative minutes, but not this vendetta, especially when the guy is coming up on a contract year and needs to show teams what he can do.

ill admit im anti-nate, but that was prob the best arguement a pro-nate person on the forum has made. but im just looking at how well we've been doing without him. to be honest i dont want to trade him, i like him as a cheerleader on our bench, does a good job of keeping the guys pepped up after a good play. props to nate for not going all marbury on us, but now that he wants out, its better to heed his wish and ship him. i really dont another distraction like last year. and im loving this new defensive mantra, imo putting nate in there will disrupt our recent defensive success. i mean it feels so good to look at the score board and see how we DONT have to score a 120 points just to win. putting nate in will help us score but let the opposition score even more.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
ill admit im anti-nate, but that was prob the best arguement a pro-nate person on the forum has made. but im just looking at how well we've been doing without him. to be honest i dont want to trade him, i like him as a cheerleader on our bench, does a good job of keeping the guys pepped up after a good play. props to nate for not going all marbury on us, but now that he wants out, its better to heed his wish and ship him. i really dont another distraction like last year. and im loving this new defensive mantra, imo putting nate in there will disrupt our recent defensive success. i mean it feels so good to look at the score board and see how we DONT have to score a 120 points just to win. putting nate in will help us score but let the opposition score even more.

duhon defense is really overrated...his great defense had felton blow pass em back to back possessions...the funny part that i dont see anybody talk about is that when we was 1-9 and duhon couldnt make a rock a in da ocean and playing his mediocre defense, mike d'antoni didnt bench duhon, duhon started and played heavy minutes every game but now that nate is benched, ppl really believe we better off with out em....nate at times is really unguardable while our starting PG is very predictable

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
duhon defense is really overrated...his great defense had felton blow pass em back to back possessions...the funny part that i dont see anybody talk about is that when we was 1-9 and duhon couldnt make a rock a in da ocean and playing his mediocre defense, mike d'antoni didnt bench duhon, duhon started and played heavy minutes every game but now that nate is benched, ppl really believe we better off with out em....nate at times is really unguardable while our starting PG is very predictable

lol i never defended duhon, in fact duhorrible was the object of most scorn in this forum, u can see my opinions on him in the chris duhon "appreciation" thread. i think every1 here "appreciates" duhon

TunerAddict

Starter
The only people that like Nate are those that don't understand basketball.

He has the fastest feet on this team, but he gets blown by constantly...

Thats a sign of lack of effort.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hey man, no harm no foul. I just really like where this team is going and don't want to see my city dragged down any further by garbage basketball.

Nate not taking basketball seriously is a good enough reason to ship him out. Our older Knick teams that had pride and cared about the fans all took the game seriously. Any player that doesn't take basketball and winning in NY seriously needs to go. If Nate wants to play the same way he does, he can go somewhere else where it doesn't affect our win loss record.

But when players like that are on my team, than its personal. So yea, ship him out.

Starks.....the more I read on this "Nate DNP situation" from so many Knick Forums, it keep bringing me back to our "2010-Plan", after listening to Donnie Walsh comment on Nate's agents during the Knicks win over the Bobcats.

How many of the seven (7) expiring contracts will we be able to resign after signing a 2010 Star FA? our cap situation (now) allows us to afford resigning of two of the 7 expiring contracts on this team.
And those two players are Duhon & Harrington.
We will not be able to afford to resign unrestricted FA David Lee, he will demand above his Bird Rights.

Putting Nate Robinson in a "same-player" steady 7 to 8 man lineup each game (which we did not do this season), to let him "jell" with these players to feel out the league early in the season. Nate also will be an unrestricted FA demanding above his Birds Rights. Which the Knicks will not be able to afford resigning in the 2010 offseason.

All Nate-Haters may hate, but all respect Nate's energy he gives to his teammates and the top speed he brings to the team on both sides of the court. Imagine Nate with a Bigman defender in the paint that like blocking oponent guards shots...

Kiyaman

Legend
The unsaid truth is "Nate is not in our FUTURE-plans".....but that stupid comment cost us $20M dollars last season by arbitration...

How much will Nate unrestricted FA be worth after a half a season of DNP???

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
Ok seriously now, some of you folks need to let it go already. It's been almost 10 games now since he was benched and i'm still seeing posts complaining about Nate fooling around before games. All he's been doing is cheering on his teammates lately so relax with all this OLD information. Newsflash: many teams joke around and stuff like that before a game. You think everyone is as serious as Duncan all the time? I think Nate served more than enough time on the bench so play him or trade him because he has talent. Move past that.

Hey NYK NYK, it doesn't work that way. This stuff happens in sports all the time. Nate shoots ball in Nets basket. Coach gets angry and decides to play someone else. The new player and the entire team start to play better. Even tho the benching may have not lasted long, the teams sudden improvement means the benched player never plays again. Nate abused his position and was told many times to cool it. He didn't and now the team is winning without him. Unless they hit the skids, he doesn't deserve to play again.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
All Nate-Haters may hate, but all respect Nate's energy he gives to his teammates and the top speed he brings to the team on both sides of the court.

Personally, I disagree with the
both sides
statement there. Nate only plays well when he's either handling the ball on offense or is opportunistically gambling to get the ball in his hands from the opposition. That's how I see it anyway. His on court desires are only self satisfying. He's a spotlight junkie in other words.
<table id="post107198" class="tborder" border="0" align="center" width="100%" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_107198" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(255, 255, 255);">
How much will Nate unrestricted FA be worth after a half a season of DNP???

Bird rights, veto etc. It all runs deeper than that. But I agree that his inevitable ousting should be done as cleverly as possible. Don't think Donnie isn't gonna make that happen.

<!-- / message --> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Coach gets angry and decides to play someone else. The new player and the entire team start to play better.

I think this is really fair. It's much the same as excluding an ingredient from anything. If the hot dog is better without the onion, you don't put the onion in. Shitty example but that's how I'm wording it.

Unless they hit the skids, he doesn't deserve to play again.

Also fair. If any of us were doing what we'd consider our best at anything - ie: convincing girls to come upstairs for example - why would you/we change that strategy?

Euphemisms plus, but it's a less personal or accusational way to get the point across.

allows us to afford resigning of two of the 7 expiring contracts on this team.
And those two players are Duhon & Harrington.

That's not true or specific to any individual. It depends entirely on who we sign and just how much ca$h we can convince them to sign for whilst optimizing the roster. It all depends on the players we sign and the positions they can or can't play.

Basically (after my little rant) I think that when the management have a plan in place, there's no room for a lack of perspective from anyone. The common goal in ALL team sports is to win. Flamboyance is just an optional extra.

The SA Spurs are a perfect example of that. I for one don't care how boring we are if we rack up 4 titles in a decade.

Nate (IMO) has been brought up on David Stern's NBA highlight marketing schemes (which San Antonio are the antithesis of) and is basically a junkie for the hype.

Thumbs down from me.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Coming from a week long vacation I was going to back up Nate against all the haters, but its not worth it now. Aside from his cheering, he's not part of the team (thanks to d'antoni) and will soon be traded to another team. He won't get a chance to prove that he can change, so peace out Nate. I wish the ***** all the best in his future endeavors.

clumsy

Rotation player
Kiya i agree...imagine Chandler,Anthony Randolph, and Nate on the floor simulatneous. Teams will be outta gas by half time.