David Lee for Anthony Randolph?

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Would you guys do this deal, straight up? It's probably the best value GS would get for Randolph with all these trade talks. I'm not sure if I would do this to be honest, Randolph has incredible potential but D Lee is the perfect center in Mike D's offense. What would be more attractive for LeBron, running the pick and roll with Lee or a young stud like Randolph?

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
We should definitely be in talks with GS. That isn't a bad trade but rather trade:
Nate and Jeffries or Chandler for Randolph and Moore or Watson (both expiring contracts).

Chandler's stock maybe getting higher now than what it was in the beginning of the season. I just dont trust his instincts, handle, and play down the stretch.

ANU

Starter
Would you guys do this deal, straight up? It's probably the best value GS would get for Randolph with all these trade talks. I'm not sure if I would do this to be honest, Randolph has incredible potential but D Lee is the perfect center in Mike D's offense. What would be more attractive for LeBron, running the pick and roll with Lee or a young stud like Randolph?
hell yes.but i think chandler and or nate will have to be included.though, I'd still be down with it.as long as we see no part of maggette its all good.
We should definitely be in talks with GS. That isn't a bad trade but rather trade:
Nate and Jeffries or Chandler for Randolph and Moore or Watson (both expiring contracts).

Chandler's stock maybe getting higher now than what it was in the beginning of the season. I just dont trust his instincts, handle, and play down the stretch.
we would all rather have that deal bro, but its probably not gonna happen.

though if it looks like lebron is headed our way, we will have to move randolph if lebron is going to be our sf and gallo our future four.i'd say randolph and hill could get us that 1 guy i want this team to get :D

bout the only way we're gonna get that "other" superstar this year if that's what people expect will bring lebron here.

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Randolph has had his most success playing C for GS, so he could fit in with LeBron and Gallo. Randolph needs to add strength but he is already a very good shot blocker. If we could somehow get Morrow too as part of a deal that would be awesome.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
lee has the ability to veto a trade, i doubt he'd want to leave nyc to go to a poor man's version of the knicks in golden state. nd if we trade lee for randolph(and another contract to make it add up right) str8 up we basically are shitting on our 2009 playoff hopes. so tht move wud be 2 develop randolph into somethin scary for the future, i rahter use chanlder and hill as trade baits

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
lee has the ability to veto a trade, i doubt he'd want to leave nyc to go to a poor man's version of the knicks in golden state. nd if we trade lee for randolph(and another contract to make it add up right) str8 up we basically are shitting on our 2009 playoff hopes. so tht move wud be 2 develop randolph into somethin scary for the future, i rahter use chanlder and hill as trade baits

No way do I include Jordan Hill for Randolph or any deal. This kid Hill has game wait and see, he should be a keeper for the next 10 seasons as a Knick. To answer the main thread question, the way Lee is playing this season there is no way we can afford him next season. He is playing great and if we could get younger, more athletic and someone with a much lower salary I'm all for it.

ANU

Starter
yeah playoffs would be good.who the **** doesn't want to see us get blown the **** out by the celtics?I've said before, lee would be a 20 and 10 guy over there and that would be a plus for him to get his money.he knows that.he wants to come back here next year? maybe he'll get signed on again after this season. its all about acquiring as many assets as possible.

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
hell yes.but i think chandler and or nate will have to be included.though, I'd still be down with it.as long as we see no part of maggette its all good.

we would all rather have that deal bro, but its probably not gonna happen.

though if it looks like lebron is headed our way, we will have to move randolph if lebron is going to be our sf and gallo our future four.i'd say randolph and hill could get us that 1 guy i want this team to get :D

bout the only way we're gonna get that "other" superstar this year if that's what people expect will bring lebron here.

To be honest Gallo can even hold down the 2 spot ok as he has shown in recent games. We have regularly had:

Duhon
Gallo
Harrington
Jefferies
Lee/Bender

Obviously quick guards would light him up a bit but our defensive focus is much more on team defense than one-on-one and Gallo doesn't seem to get fazed by people scoring on him.

The 2 spot also allows him easy looks when shooting since hes almost half a foot taller than most 2 guards.

richtree

Rotation player
To be honest Gallo can even hold down the 2 spot ok as he has shown in recent games. We have regularly had:

Duhon
Gallo
Harrington
Jefferies
Lee/Bender

Obviously quick guards would light him up a bit but our defensive focus is much more on team defense than one-on-one and Gallo doesn't seem to get fazed by people scoring on him.

The 2 spot also allows him easy looks when shooting since hes almost half a foot taller than most 2 guards.

Yeah, but on DEFENSE Jefferies defends the 2 guard or PG and duhon would guard the 2.

Defensively, our problems lie on the interior. Also, Duhan has finally been rebounding and mixing it up on the defensive glass. That really help late in the game.

ANU

Starter

Duhon
Gallo
Harrington
Jefferies
Lee/Bender

but i think we have to couple what he can do offensively with what he can't do defensively.i think gallo will be at his best at four because of his offensive repertoire, bringing bigs outside of the paint, and because he won't get beaten of the dribble by the usual athletic freaks at the 2 and 3.

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Yeah, I noticed D'Antoni has been giving Gallo a lot of minutes at SG too. Latest rumor is GS won't give Randolph to us for anything other than Gallinari...and there's no way that's happening.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Yeah, I noticed D'Antoni has been giving Gallo a lot of minutes at SG too. Latest rumor is GS won't give Randolph to us for anything other than Gallinari...and there's no way that's happening.

even if they offered to take eddy curry,jared jeffries,nate robinson and chris duhorribule and gave us expiring contracts,monta ellis, anthony randolph, anthony morrow and stephon curry if we included gallo i would tell them to go **** themselves. now if gallo eva got traded for anthony randolph str8 up i can promise you donnie walsh wont live to see the next day

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
even if they offered to take eddy curry,jared jeffries,nate robinson and chris duhorribule and gave us expiring contracts,monta ellis, anthony randolph, anthony morrow and stephon curry if we included gallo i would tell them to go **** themselves. now if gallo eva got traded for anthony randolph str8 up i can promise you donnie walsh wont live to see the next day

Yeah that's what I was saying, that would never happen. Walsh would be trading the 6th overall pick for the 14th, after one season.

Kiyaman

Legend
No way do I include Jordan Hill for Randolph or any deal. This kid Hill has game wait and see, he should be a keeper for the next 10 seasons as a Knick. To answer the main thread question, the way Lee is playing this season there is no way we can afford him next season. He is playing great and if we could get younger, more athletic and someone with a much lower salary I'm all for it.

Great Point

The Knicks will not have enough flexibility in the 2010 offseason to resign over two of our seven (7) expiring contracts if we sign just one 2010 star FA. We are only allowed to go $13M over a (maybe) $53M cap situation.

It look like we knock the resigning of our 7 expiring contracts down to just 3 players....Duhon, Harrington, and Lee (do to Dantoni rotation).
We could afford the cost of resigning Duhon & Harrington.

David Lee 2009-10 performance (so far) look like another "double-double" season, making his worth as an unrestricted FA $12M per (bird rights).
The 2010-Plan can not mess with those type of resigning numbers for one player, if the plan is to sign one of the Star 2010 FA.

SF-Wilson Chandler (bigman) perfomance I would have to put his value & worth much higher than Anthony Randolph all-around performance.
So a trade of Lee for Randolph is straight robbery.....a trade with Utah for Milsap or Boozer & our 2010 draft pick for Lee is more equal.
The Utah Jazz organization has probably set big plans on getting a star player out of 2010 draft with the Knicks 1-9 start this season, and .........

clumsy

Rotation player
Kiya you are crazy mang Lee for Boozer and our draft pick back?!?!? why would Utah help us like that. Millsap > Booze & Lee. I think Booze and Lee are identical Players.

Also Anthony Randolph has potential to be better than Wilson, and Lee. When Lee got major minutes he performed doing like 15 - 10 very admirable offensive numbers. He still can't play D.

When Randolph got minutes 30 + Mins he was putting up 18 pts 9 rbds 1.5 blocks. He is 6'11 and stupid athletic, a perfect fit for this offense. Problem is he is kinda raw like Jordan Hill but i see more upside in him.

clumsy

Rotation player
He doens't have a refined post game tho....to me Lee is a very polished Offensive player....i just take Defense over Offense any day.