D'ant regrets coming to NY - Hill is a stiff

mafra

Legend
With time Hill will show those skills, I'm not saying he should be playing over Lee at this time. Hill is a project and everyone knows that, just as David Lee was a few years ago. David Lee is putting up all star numbers this season and there is possibility for him to vault at the end of the season. That's where Hill comes into the picture and has the opportunity to show what he can do and I hope and think that he will do well.

Am I mad that Hill is not playing and Bender is? Yes I'm even if we are winning I want to see what Hill can do. Deep down Donnie has to be pissed off that his 8th and 29th selection are not playing very much at all. Just the 29th selection was worth 3 million dollars to acquire from the Lakers. It just doesn't make any sense to give so many damn minutes to Duhon and play Bender over Hill. I don't think our rookies are that bad to be at the end of the dept chart.

HILL is fine. We could send him to the D-League to play, but he's probably learning more just practicing and being around the pros, to be honest.

They knew Jordan Hill would not contribute this year when they drafted him. Especially given the depth at his position ahead of him. He's a project. He has tremendous offensive potential, and is an ideal PF/C in D'ant's system.

The goal right now is to be competitie and make a run at the playoffs.... To play the vets.... and, at the worst, try to drive up the prices of some of these guys.... try to get something-anything that will help us next year (and beyond). AND, it wont hurt if we can dump Jeffries.

Bender was brought in b/c he could be a steal next year- be a nice, cheap body to come in off the bench and score some points. It's definitely worth bringing him in and giving him 12-17 minutes a game right now.

PLUS, he's insurance for when we deal Al Harrington and/or Jared Jeffries. Just a nother body to help out if we are, indeed, in a playoff push.

I can GUARANTEE you that things will change when the deadline passes.

Right now, we clearly want the offense to run through the pick-n-roll with Duhon and Lee. From there, the ball should go through Chandler & Gallo. In essence, the core of this team is Lee-Gallo-Chandler...

Harrington is the 6th man, scoring guy coming off the bench. Jeffries is the grunt and defensive stopper; HUghes gets his minutes when we need to rest people, and Bender gets his shot.

7-8 man rotation has helped this "winning streak." We;ve had the best month in almost 10 years. I get it and I think it's working.

AFter the trade deadline, I expect Douglas to take over the Hughes role, and Curry-Hill will start to get their chance again to contribute.

N8 fell in LB's doghouse, then IT's and now MD has had enough of him. A shame really.