next time al has a stretch of 20 + points deal him.

ANU

Starter
donnie missed the boat with that deal with chicago.they offered thomas and james, and donnie should have asked for that first pick.

seems to me that lee is becoming that go to scorer that al was/is supposed to be for us, so why the getting is good, i think that al for ty thomas and that first round pick would have been a good deal.maybe they can salvage the season with al(probably not, but they don't have to know that), so its not a given its a lotto pick :D ; and its not like they've been total geniuses at selecting draft picks either(much like our franchise). i don't know how much better they would be after next year with that pick.at least they get to test drive a proven commodity.

knicks:we get something for al, which is better than nothing when it looks like lee is a lock to return to this team, and gallo is projected as the future pf.

bulls:the bulls get a versatile scoring pf which they desperately need to salvage this disastrous season.

good god.:eek7:

johnstarky

Rotation player
I know I am getting a little off topic but how bout we trade Eddy Curry for Jerome James? Chicago wouldn't be that dumb but I'm sure that Curry would be happy to return to his hometown.

mafra

Legend
I think Walsh will eventually deal Harrington for Thomas. Tyrus just returned, so they deal couldn't really happen earlier. I think this was/is one reason we signed J-Bender. He'll basically replace Al's role.

Knicks will start: Duhon-Chandler-Gallo-Lee-Thomas.

They'll deal Harrington and JJ eventually.

ANU

Starter
I know I am getting a little off topic but how bout we trade Eddy Curry for Jerome James? Chicago wouldn't be that dumb but I'm sure that Curry would be happy to return to his hometown.
i never really thought about that, but they do need a post player.:teeth:

that would be something else wouldn't it?

Paul1355

All Star
donnie missed the boat with that deal with chicago.they offered thomas and james, and donnie should have asked for that first pick.

seems to me that lee is becoming that go to scorer that al was/is supposed to be for us, so why the getting is good, i think that al for ty thomas and that first round pick would have been a good deal.maybe they can salvage the season with al(probably not, but they don't have to know that), so its not a given its a lotto pick :D ; and its not like they've been total geniuses at selecting draft picks either(much like our franchise). i don't know how much better they would be after next year with that pick.at least they get to test drive a proven commodity.

knicks:we get something for al, which is better than nothing when it looks like lee is a lock to return to this team, and gallo is projected as the future pf.

bulls:the bulls get a versatile scoring pf which they desperately need to salvage this disastrous season.

good god.:eek7:
Trading Al for Thomas is downsizing. And the last thing we need is Jerome James back as a Knick.

Al is wanted by teams...anyone who can score 20 ppg can be dealt.

Al does not have to be traded but if a team is interested then we should use him to deal Jeffries or Curry.

ANU

Starter
that deal in theory, to me has everything to do with that pick.I'm really not concerned about whether or not thomas can contribute offensively, his defense + pick>>>>> al.if al is gone hill gets some minutes.

Paul1355

All Star
that deal in theory, to me has everything to do with that pick.I'm really not concerned about whether or not thomas can contribute offensively, his defense + pick>>>>> al.if al is gone hill gets some minutes.
If a pick was included in the deal then I would agree with you...but as far as I know it was just Tyrus Thomas and Jerome James for Al Harrington...and honestly Al does more than both of those guys combined on steroids.

Giving Hill minutes seems like it will never happen this year unless the Knicks are completely out of the playoffs and Mike D has no reason to sit him.

I do want Hill to play but if we got Tyrus Thomas then he would take all the minutes away from Hill. So who is more productive? Thomas or Harrington?

ANU

Starter
If a pick was included in the deal then I would agree with you...but as far as I know it was just Tyrus Thomas and Jerome James for Al Harrington...and honestly Al does more than both of those guys combined on steroids.

Giving Hill minutes seems like it will never happen this year unless the Knicks are completely out of the playoffs and Mike D has no reason to sit him.

I do want Hill to play but if we got Tyrus Thomas then he would take all the minutes away from Hill. So who is more productive? Thomas or Harrington?
which is why i mentioned the pick.i wouldn't do that deal unless we get that pick in return.

how about al and jeff for bayless we need a pg dat can run smh and duhon is not a right fit at all and por is gettin a big man,and they can use one right about now

dre48ny

Rotation player
Unless we can package Curry or Jefferis or attain a 1st round pick in 2010, then nooo!! I would love for the nYK to resign him to a 1 year deal if they sign a superstar. His scoring off the bench is tremendous plus he has size.

johnstarky

Rotation player
i never really thought about that, but they do need a post player.:teeth:

that would be something else wouldn't it?

If Eddy Curry would be playing at the level that he did in the '06-'07 season and would be willing to have his heart examined every 6 months I think Chicago would jump at that deal.But every team knows that Curry is one of the biggest disappointments in the league and is as fragile and useless as a statue made of twigs.

Trading one bum whose contract will expire after this season for another bum whose contract won't expire until another season and a half is an Isiah Thomas move and not a Gar Forman one.

Chemistry Chemistry Chemistry Chemistry
You Cant Complain After One 5-20 Performance
After That Trade Was Turned Down We Went On To Win 4 In A Row And Then 3 In A Row And Go 8-3. So Really What Are We Complaining About. You Take Harrington Out Of The Line Up And Insert Thomas I Bet You We Go 3-8 Because The Team Appears To Really Like Harrington. They Respond To His Energy And Enthusiasm And Recognize His Ability By Willingly Giving Up The Ball To Him And Clearing Out For Him To Do His Thing.

Now I Get That He Isnt What We Want Him To Be, But In Truth None Of Our Players Are What We Want Him To Do Be, So If We Are Going To Trade Him The Next Time He Has A Stretch Of 20 Plus

Then We Have To Trade Every Player On The Knicks

Its Never One Mans Fault When We Are 11-18

But He Definitely Has Helped Us More Than Hurt Us Go 8-4 Over The Last 12.

ANU

Starter
lol at chemistry. i forgot what a great team player al is.dude ain't ever seen a shot he didn't like.this team has come together and played relatively well with him having his shit games.this team would be better if we had a decent point guard.al is a non factor for us at the moment.gallo, though his shot has been off, seems to be becoming that 2nd option to lee.right now, al is nothing short of an ugly luxury for us.

Again ANU, you fail to read through my whole post. As I said and as you mentioned to refute my statement, there is a ton of things that the knicks need right now. I would love to trade al for an upgrade at the pg position, but thats not happening. My point about chemistry was; after the trade got knocked down by walsh the team seemed to come together big time, which I felt was a good faith payment by walsh/ and a favor returned by the team. I am agreeing with you in that harrington is a luxory 3rd option blah blah blah, but tyrus thomas who hasnt really played all year and is yet to come into his own in the league, I dont see him giving us anything more than bender has in terms of breaking the rotation and being a game changer. Atleast harrington has the ability to take over a game and create mis matches. There are a ton of things this team can have that would improve us, but getting those things is an impossibility at the moment.

I just cant package up harrington just to get rid of him when truly I dont see any one worth trading him for will impact our team that much more.

mafra

Legend
Chemistry Chemistry Chemistry Chemistry
You Cant Complain After One 5-20 Performance
After That Trade Was Turned Down We Went On To Win 4 In A Row And Then 3 In A Row And Go 8-3. So Really What Are We Complaining About. You Take Harrington Out Of The Line Up And Insert Thomas I Bet You We Go 3-8 Because The Team Appears To Really Like Harrington. They Respond To His Energy And Enthusiasm And Recognize His Ability By Willingly Giving Up The Ball To Him And Clearing Out For Him To Do His Thing.

Now I Get That He Isnt What We Want Him To Be, But In Truth None Of Our Players Are What We Want Him To Do Be, So If We Are Going To Trade Him The Next Time He Has A Stretch Of 20 Plus

Then We Have To Trade Every Player On The Knicks

Its Never One Mans Fault When We Are 11-18

But He Definitely Has Helped Us More Than Hurt Us Go 8-4 Over The Last 12.

ACCORDING TO KHAN (NEWSDAY) - AL Harrington was so upset about his performace against MIA (and his shot lately) that he went to NY's practice facility with his mother on Xmas night to shot around for an hour, then reported early this morning for extra work.

People can rag on AL.... but he's got heart and has been doing everything he can to make us competitive. He's just not a 3-point shooter. He should (and will be traded) but I do think it should ONLY be b/c we dump something (JJ or Curry) or get something in return (young player, PG or draft pick).

ANU

Starter
i didn't fail to read through anything.your argument was a fail.I've repeated time and again that it would involve their unprotected first round pick.how is there a downside to this? you get a first round pick for a guy you won't pay next year.