Curry wants out?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Calling it "definitely frustrating," center Eddy Curry spoke out yesterday and said he hopes the Knicks would cut ties with him after the season if his playing status doesn't improve the rest of this season. It was the strongest, most bitter remark Curry has made about a potential Knicks divorce and raised an interesting scenario: Could the Knicks actually open more 2010 cap space if they have a buyout agreement with Curry after the season?

Curry can opt-out of his contract after the year, but said he will not do so. He's due another $11 million in his final season.
"I would never do that," Curry said of opting out. "At that point, I would hope both sides do what was right. At that point, if you decided to go that long and not play me, he [Mike D'Antoni] probably made up his mind I'm not a fit for his team. I would hope we could work something out."
Curry was a DNP for the fourth straight game yesterday, coinciding with Jonathan Bender's comeback.
If there is a buyout, the Knicks would save money on the cap depending on the amount he received. However, with Curry's market value way down, it's doubtful he would agree to a much-reduced rate because he may not be able to re-sign and make up the difference. Curry probably would be worth the $1.9 million veteran's minimum.
Curry made a point to say he's spoken with Donnie Walsh but not D'Antoni. In fact, Curry refused to use D'Antoni's name.
"It's frustrating, because I worked so hard to get back and to be ready to go and now it's just like go every game trying to figure out if I'm going to play or not, sitting over there waiting to see what's going to happen," Curry said. "It's tough to deal with, especially at this stage of my career, at this age. I ain't that old, but I've been here for a while."

Tch. I wonder if he would really turn down 10mil just for a chance to play...

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Curry isn't going anywhere. No other team is going to take Curry. He's worthless. He just doesn't know how to play out there.

He was horrible those few games he played. Just literally throwing the ball at the hoop, bad fouls, turnovers, and I don't think Curry knows what passing the ball is. He's just that bad.

I highly doubt another team would be willing to pay Curry 11 Million. It's not going to happen and honestly I don't see him signing with a team after his contract is over.

It's sad because he really could have been something in this league if he dedicated himself more in the beginning and not letting himself get that bad. He could have been that consistent in the post dominant Center teams would die to have. But that's not going to happen.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Curry wants out???

Wait...I thought he already came out the closet with that whole limo driver situation??? :lol:

mafra

Legend
NOw Curry understand what all has fans have felt for 3 years. WE WANT OUT TOO. Thank good the end is in sight.

Of course, if he put his money where his mouth was... He would simply opt out.

BUT, this much is true -- The Knicks have stood by him through trouble and down times, they advance him money when he asked for it, they waited patiently for him to even get in basketball shape, they watched him gain weight and show a total disregard that it almost came to a point where his contract could have legally been voided b/c of his lack of effort....

They even tried to get him into action this year.... He shows up at camp and forgets his sneaker... plays a game then gets hurt.... returns and then gets hurt again...

We finally get him back and he plays like crap.

SO he sits for 2 weeks and he wants us to feel sorry for him? Like we are doing him wrong?

JUST KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. He has no right!

Trust me. Ride the pine. Come April... Some team will be willing to swap expiring contracts. Lots of teams will like Curry b/c he'll be on his final year... SO, find another match (10 million worth of expiring) and we'll see what happens.

Paul1355

All Star
It seems like whenver a player has done everything he could to come back strong, he gets shafted and never plays. Examples: Marbury and Curry.

Mike D said that Curry was a main part of his offense, but since then MIke D has gone the complete opposite direction and really feels that Curry has nothing left to prove.

Bender is good and I want to see him get minutes, but Curry should get atleast 5 min a game or something.

Not playing Curry is making his trade value 0 when if he was actually playing, can start being decent on offense and some sucker team would take him.

Now no one is going to even think about Curry that he is probably going to get bought out.

JayJ44

Starter
It seems like whenver a player has done everything he could to come back strong, he gets shafted and never plays. Examples: Marbury and Curry.

Mike D said that Curry was a main part of his offense, but since then MIke D has gone the complete opposite direction and really feels that Curry has nothing left to prove.

Bender is good and I want to see him get minutes, but Curry should get atleast 5 min a game or something.

Not playing Curry is making his trade value 0 when if he was actually playing, can start being decent on offense and some sucker team would take him.

Now no one is going to even think about Curry that he is probably going to get bought out.

D'antoni's job is to get us to win as many games as possible. It's not his job to increase anyone's trade value. Curry doesn't help us win games, if anything, his playing attributes to us losing games. Therefore, he doesn't play. I can't believe Curry has the balls to complain when he's been a useless fatass for most of his career. Furthermore, I can't that believe anyone is blaming D'antoni. Curry is a TERRIBLE basketball player. He's slow, he ruins the offense, and he doesn't play defense. That's why he doesn't play, he wouldn't play for any team in the league.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Him declaring he isn't opting out is only to scare Donnie and Mike to play him so he can be traded.

Could my prophecy have been right when I said that by not playing him after all the hard work he put in he might just get frustrated enough to bolt....

I would personally send him a Thank You card. No lie. In fact, I think if each anti-Curry Knicks fan would pitch a dollar towards him to opt out, he might just make up for the money he's leaving on the table... AND MORE.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
If Curry really wants to play, he has to pass on his player option for next season, keep him self in shape and try to find a new team....plain and simple

New New York

Quiet Storm

Curry just logjams the offense!

Bottom line this dude has not played in two years and it is going to take at least 25 games at 20+ mins per game for him to get a feel back for playing and in the mean time The Knicks would easily lose 18 of those games as a result. Had he come back into training camp in playing shape -which was the cause of his injuries- then he wouldve had the whole camp and all the Pre Season to get back into the flow, and right about now he would be as good as he could be.

But with no Draft pick this year and us being in the playoff hunt due to our weak conference I would not invest more than a 1/4 of our season in trying to showcase Curry

New New York

Quiet Storm
I would personally send him a Thank You card. No lie. In fact, I think if each anti-Curry Knicks fan would pitch a dollar towards him to opt out, he might just make up for the money he's leaving on the table... AND MORE.

I am not sure if you are joking.....BUT YOUR IDEA is Genius! Look my thinking is that if 100,000 Knick fans donated 100 dollars to a Curry buyout cause that would give him 10 million dollars! And because it is a gift he would pay a lot less taxes on it then he would income tax! He would make about 3 million with a team next year who is going to actually play him, thus him making out pretty good on this one

http://www.nycforlebron.com/

This link above is from the "Bring Lebron to NY" we can get them to use some of their funds collected for the cause...although I doubt they have raised much!

This seems a bit wacky and goofy but it could work! Hell if Curry had a half a brain he would opt out take this money and save on the points his agent would collect, but naturally he would need his agent to facilitate such a deal for him.

Think about it, we could move Curry and not lose any young player it would take to move him!

Look if I am Donnie Walsh and Mike Dantoni I would secretly launder the money to such a cause...but even without them, we do have some wealthy Knick fans who easily donate a $1000 and lets not forget even the many diehard celbrity Knick fans -Spike Lee,Chris Rock,and Woody- who could drop even 10 G's on it and not even blink

Alright Scribbles you planted the seed, I am all over this one!

how's this for a name ShedTheWeight.com!

milchshake

Benchwarmer
Could my prophecy have been right when I said that by not playing him after all the hard work he put in he might just get frustrated enough to bolt....

OMG is it like dream come thruth damn right, mental manipulation worked :agreed: so after that season if nyk say goodbye to curry ( who is going to be such sucker to take him hmmm? ), robinson, maybe jeffries and chandler only LEE will stay from Isiah team.

Last edited:

johnstarky

Rotation player
Eddy Curry should go back to being a gymnast or maybe he should be the new spokesman for Dunkin Donuts.

Can anyone tell me who was the person responsible for signing him to a 6 year contract while he was still in Chicago? If the person that gave him that contract was the same person that traded him to the Knicks then that person is either a genius or Isiah Thomas just made him look like a genius.

He will perhaps be the most worthless expiring contract coming into next season.I think that you would get more value trading for the contract of a dead corpse than you would for Eddy Curry.

Eddy Curry is a big body and a low post presence when he is sitting on the bench and listening to his Ipod.Didn't Larry Brown see this guy as the player that would make the Knicks into a championship contender? That must of been some potent stuff that Larry Brown received from Marbury during training camp 4 years ago.

The Knicks will have to deal with Curry until after next season.I was one of those people that still believed in him before the season began but he is just a poor man's version of Derrick Coleman.I think that he will just collect his 11 million dollars and retire after the 2010-11 season.

If the guy would think about the needs of the organization rather than his bank account he would do the right thing and opt out of his contract.But that's what happens when you draft certain players out of high school, they get paid in large lump sums without giving themselves the opportunity to mature as human beings and as professional athletes.No player that isn't ready to handle the demands of the NBA should be able to get drafted by an NBA organization.It's an argument that you'll be hearing for a long time.

That's the difference between a player like Jared Jeffries and Eddy Curry.As underachieving and injury prone as Jeffries has been throughout his Knick career the guy has shown his hard work, dedication and the desire to contribute to his team so far this season.Sure he takes shots that he shouldn't be taking at times but he has done more for the Knicks these last couple of months than what Eddy Curry has done for them these past two and a half years.Curry probably has twice the talent that Jeffries has but his maturity level as a player is very low.

Last edited: