NY Knicks @ Detroit Pistons 12/29/2009

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
New York Knicks (11-19) vs. Detroit Pistons (11-19)
Tue. 12/29/2009 at 7.30pm ET @ the Palace of Auburn Hills

the_palace_of_auburn_hills.jpg

Welcome everyone, I'm your host Danutz39 presenting tonight's game between the NY Knicks and Detroit PIstons.

Tonight's game preview from ESPN.com:

''The Pistons will try to avoid dropping their eighth straight game Tuesday night when they face the visiting New York Knicks. The Pistons (11-19), who also lost seven straight from Nov. 15-27, has had just two eight-game slides since January 1995. The most recent was from Feb. 8-25. To get back in the win column for the first time since Dec. 12, Detroit hopes its second game with a healthy lineup will go better than the first. On Sunday, Hamilton, Prince and Gordon played together for the first time since the season opener on Oct. 28, but the Pistons lost 102-95 at Toronto. The trio gave a slight boost to a struggling offense that hasn't reached 100 points in the last seven games, and has shot 35.2 percent in the last three.
While the Knicks (11-19) are dealing with their own offensive struggles, they have put together a stingy defense. They held a 10th straight opponent to fewer than 100 points on Sunday -- the first time since a 19-game run from Feb. 18-March 26, 2001 -- but lost 95-88 to San Antonio. It was the third straight game New York was held below 90 points. Still, New York averages 100.7 points.With the loss, New York finished with a 3-2 homestand during which Lee averaged 21.0 points and 14.6 rebounds. The Knicks, who are beginning a three-game road trip, are 4-9 away from home. New York has won two of its last three visits to the Palace of Auburn Hills after losing 10 straight.''

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=291229008

The key to tonight match up will be our offense and containing Ben Gordon. If Gallinari will have a decent shooting night and Chandler stays agressive we could beat the Pistons and get back into play-off hunt. We all know what we can get from D-Lee(double, double) JJ (defense/no offense) Al Harrington (offense but a lot of head scratching shots) and C Duhon ( well, nothing). So I think if Gallo and Chandler will have good games that should do it.

Now my input on the match ups by position:

Chris Duhon vs. Rodney Stuckey

Although Stuckey is not an experienced pg almost everybody is better than Duhon. I don't even expect Duhon to win a game for us but only hope he doesn't lose it. Edge: Pistons

Wilson Chandler vs. Richard Hamilton

If this was Hamilton of the past this will be in his favor but as of now Chandler is better everwhere except offense(and not by much). So I think if the agresive Chandler shows up this will be in our favor. Edge: Knicks

Danilo Gallinari vs. Tayshaun Prince

Although Prince has lost a step on defence he is still better than Gallo. Other than that he has nothing on Gallo. If Gallo has a good shooting night and play an inside out game as of lately this is an easy match up for us. Edge: Knicks

Jared Jeffries vs Jonas Jerebko

Jeffries is all about defense and not much else and along with Duhon have the lowest bball IQ on our team. The good thing is that the Pistons have a young Jerebko on their team so this should be even. Edge: Even

David Lee vs. Ben Wallace

Just like Prince, Wallace is not the defender he used to be but he is still better than Lee. But unlike Prince, Wallace never had anything else going for him and Lee is way better on all other aspects of the game. Edge: Knicks

Bench

Al Harrington, Larry Hughes, Toney Douglas vs. Charlie Villanueva, Ben Gordon, Will Bynum

Although Harrington and Douglas are prety much an even match up with Villanueva and Bynum , Gordon is the only man on their team that can take over a game with his offense. He is better than Hughes so the bench match up goes to the Pistons. Edge Pistons

I also hope to see few minutes of Hill since Bender will probably not play due to a strain hip.

Overall, I think the Knicks have the edge in this game but as we know better our team stumbles sometimes against bad teams.

And now the teams:

knicks.gif

Starting line-up:

PG. CHRIS DUHON
SG. WILSON CHANDLER
SF. JARRED JEFFRIES
PF. DANILO GALLINARI
C. DAVID LEE

2377.jpg
3194.jpg
3428.jpg
1717.jpg
2772.jpg

Reserves:

TONEY DOUGLAS
LARRY HUGHES
AL HARRINGTON
JONATHAN BENDER
JORDAN HILL

3979.jpg
356.jpg
308.jpg
50.jpg
3994.jpg

Coach: MIKE D'ANTONI

30066.jpg

VS.

Starting line-up:

PG. RODNEY STUCKEY
SG. RICHARD HAMILTON
SF. TAYSHAUN PRINCE
PF. JONAS JEREBKO
C. BEN WALLACE

3235.jpg
294.jpg
1724.jpg
3998.jpg
885.jpg

Reserves:

WILL BYNUM
BEN GORDON
JASON MAXIELL
CHRIS WILCOX
CHARLIE VILLANUEVA

2816.jpg
2381.jpg
2775.jpg
1731.jpg
2792.jpg

Coach: JOHN KUESTER

300292.jpg

My prediction:

Knicks 104 Pistons 96

:gony: Lets go KNICKS :beer:

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Great thread man. Like the players comparisons. We really have to score the ball more. Our offense hasn't been up to par the past few games. Our defense is good but we seem to let off sometimes. D'Antoni was talking about giving Douglas "more" minutes this game, so let's see. It's really going to come down to our bench and we have score consistently throughout the game. Let's get em Knicks! Oh yea I hope everyone is voting for DLee for the All-Star game. I voted today. He's been beasting it.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Nice thread Danutz. Good job on it.

Game is about to start. We need this one real bad. If we're going to become a playoff team we need to win games like these.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
^^

Thanks guys, we should have a nice game thread every night our team play regardless of our record.

Back to the game we should def win this one. Lets see how our players react against a bad team and who D'antoni play.

Damn Chandler with an air ball already.

Kiyaman

Legend
Pistons are on a 7 game losing streak.....
and we are only using one guard in our rotation vs Stuckey, Hamilton, and Ben Gordon

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Wow, the pistons really suck. Ben wallace dribbles the ball like a retard. They should have called those carries.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
True. He's playing outta his mind. Yo, what site did you vote at?

Just go on Nba.com and you'll see a banner that has the Allstar voting. Just click on that and it'll take you to the ballot. Once your there, you'll get to choose 2 guards, 2 forwards and a center from each conference. I think you might have to register for Nba.com but only takes a few minutes.

Knicks are looking good. 15 to 5. Loving the ball movement, not liking Duhon chucking threes because he hit 2 in a row. DLee is making it seem to easy in the post.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Just go on Nba.com and you'll see a banner that has the Allstar voting. Just click on that and it'll take you to the ballot. Once your there, you'll get to choose 2 guards, 2 forwards and a center from each conference. I think you might have to register for Nba.com but only takes a few minutes.

Knicks are looking good. 15 to 5. Loving the ball movement, not liking Duhon chucking threes because he hit 2 in a row. DLee is making it seem to easy in the post.

Cool. Thanks man. I'ma definitely vote for lee. He really deserves it this year.

Torp

Benchwarmer
Jefferies is really doing a legit job on defense, props to him. Everyone actually is doing real well on defense. Well Detroit is also sucking right now but i'm impressed with the play.

And dudu still stinks, i dont care how many 3's he starts to make.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Yeah Jefferies already has 3 blocks in this game. He should worry about defense and defense only and not trying to force layups inside and shooting threes.

Torp

Benchwarmer
God how I LOVE defense, and knicks are giving me orgasms with their high quality D right now. Rigght when anyone gets near the paint i see at least 3 knickerbockers collapsing on the ball. One going for the steal down low and the other two goin for the block up high... Perfect, just perfect.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
We're up 49-40 at the half. Everything is looking real solid for us. Hopefully duhon doesn't ruin it for us in the second half.