The main reason Nate should start tommorow!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Naturally the Nate Robinson bandwagon is begining to fill up again after last night's performance; and I guess rightfully so! I mean that was one of the greatest individual performances in Knicks History!

So naturally Nate should start the next game, but it has very little to do with his performance Friday night

See Mike Dantoni and Nate are two really emotional and stubborn people and this mix results in Nate sitting 14 games -as well as Mike not being able to admit he sat Nate for too long- and what I see happening is The Knicks getting off to a slow start against Indy and the crowd begining the "we want Nate" Chant, and Mike being the stubborn man that he is will hold off on bringing Nate in just to say that he wasnt pressured by the crowd to do play Nate

Now on the other side of the coin, the crowd is going to erupt the minute Nate is set to check into the game, Nate being the show man that he is, is going to try to give the crowd something to get excited over. He may begin to force plays, go one on one with his man, etc. Mike then will pull Nate out of the game to prove a point, and the Drama begins all over

If you start Nate off the bat, all of this is eliviated. Nate will be in once the game starts, he will get his loud applaud during the announcemnts of the starting five and the dramatics of him playing stops there. Plus, Mike never has to hear the "we want Nate" chants because he played Nate on his own terms.

This is the best way to put the 14 games Nate did not play past him, by starting Nate, for even just this one game it would dead the issue pretty much.

Just Bloggin, tell me what you think!

Starks

Starter
because we should showcase him even more and get a team to take him with Curry or Jeffries. Don't be mistaken, the biggest thing on the to do list before the season is over is getting rid of curry and jeffries contracts. It's just the hard truth that all Knick fans need to swallow.

No one is gona give a rats ass about Nate's game last night when the season is over, and the real crunch time for this franchise begins. Not taking anything away from his game last night, but its just the truth.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Naturally the Nate Robinson bandwagon is begining to fill up again after last night's performance; and I guess rightfully so! I mean that was one of the greatest individual performances in Knicks History!

So naturally Nate should start the next game, but it has very little to do with his performance Friday night

See Mike Dantoni and Nate are two really emotional and stubborn people and this mix results in Nate sitting 14 games -as well as Mike not being able to admit he sat Nate for too long- and what I see happening is The Knicks getting off to a slow start against Indy and the crowd begining the "we want Nate" Chant, and Mike being the stubborn man that he is will hold off on bringing Nate in just to say that he wasnt pressured by the crowd to do play Nate

Now on the other side of the coin, the crowd is going to erupt the minute Nate is set to check into the game, Nate being the show man that he is, is going to try to give the crowd something to get excited over. He may begin to force plays, go one on one with his man, etc. Mike then will pull Nate out of the game to prove a point, and the Drama begins all over

If you start Nate off the bat, all of this is eliviated. Nate will be in once the game starts, he will get his loud applaud during the announcemnts of the starting five and the dramatics of him playing stops there. Plus, Mike never has to hear the "we want Nate" chants because he played Nate on his own terms.

This is the best way to put the 14 games Nate did not play past him, by starting Nate, for even just this one game it would dead the issue pretty much.

First off, I know I'm not jumping on a Nate bandwagon, neither are about half of the posters on this site who were on Nate's side for the past month. I, for one, was supporting Nate since before he returned to drop 40.

Secondly, I can't take you seriously, when you're a D'Antoni fan, whilst making your master-coach into this powerless baby who can't do what every other coach does when a player commits a bad play: pull him from the game. I was a mere high school basketball coach, and I did it all the time.

Thirdly, you and your crew have a very selective memory, when it comes to Nate. When it suits you lot, a guy's "chucker" and a cancer. When it doesn't, "Duhon doesn't pass gallo the ball" wah, wah, wah.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
Yep. N8 should have been starting for quite some time. This has always been so: his performance last night was simply a most visible manifestation, blatant enough that it's muzzled and caught the attention of others.

-- we have the worst starting PG in the NBA in DuDonkey, utterly unfit to run this offense (not that he is fit to run any offense)

-- we need to showcase N8 as best as possible to best get rid of Jeffries/Curry **this is the most vital thing that could possibly happen this entire year

-- N8 is young, skilled, liked, with potential, with a proven skillset

The combo of the aforesaid 3 makes it incomprehensible from a logical standpoint that he has been banished like he was. This was simply (another) ****up by Knicks management.

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer

I see where your coming from with this, but it's not a good idea. Let me pull something from my blog on knickstop.blogspot.com that I wrote today.

However Knicks fans, I am weary. Nate showed us what he can do best, score when he is hot, and he is very charismatic and fun to watch. But we have to remember what happens when Nate controls the ball, the ball movement stops. In the game last night, it was the Nate Robinson show, with Nate going 1 on 5 on every possession. Nate is a player who thrives on streaks, if you remember last season, when Nate goes cold, the team is in a tough position. If I'm a Knicks fan, I do not want our season to rest on the shoulders of Nate Robinson, as talented as he is. I prefer to see the ball movement that has worked so well for us in the past month and a half. Now, this isn't to say that Nate needs to go to the bench. D'Antoni said that Robinson is taking Larry Hughes spot in the rotation, and if you remember Knicks fans, Hughes would play with Al Harrington, Jonathon Bender, and sometimes Toney Douglas for long stretches. I Believe Robinson is a big upgrade over the struggling Hughes, and I think Nate would be great off the bench with Harrington and Bender, as those are the ball stoppers. But those players have proven to score when they are hot. I think that the bulk of the minutes should still go to the starters, who have excellent chemistry together and share the ball effectively, and when it is time to give the starters rest, put in Robinson and Harrington to carry the scoring load. Robinson should not be used as our main offensive weapon night in and night out, that's how we dropped out of the playoff race last season. We should still have our starters take the bulk of the minutes, and only use Robinson when we need an offensive spark. And if he gets hot like he did last night, great. No one take him out and let him ride the streak. But if we see him jacking up bad shots, put him back on the bench and let the starters carry the rest of the game.

If you have him start, you are taking away the ball movement that the starters do so well.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I see where your coming from with this, but it's not a good idea. Let me pull something from my blog on knickstop.blogspot.com that I wrote today.

However Knicks fans, I am weary. Nate showed us what he can do best, score when he is hot, and he is very charismatic and fun to watch. But we have to remember what happens when Nate controls the ball, the ball movement stops. In the game last night, it was the Nate Robinson show, with Nate going 1 on 5 on every possession. Nate is a player who thrives on streaks, if you remember last season, when Nate goes cold, the team is in a tough position. If I'm a Knicks fan, I do not want our season to rest on the shoulders of Nate Robinson, as talented as he is. I prefer to see the ball movement that has worked so well for us in the past month and a half. Now, this isn't to say that Nate needs to go to the bench. D'Antoni said that Robinson is taking Larry Hughes spot in the rotation, and if you remember Knicks fans, Hughes would play with Al Harrington, Jonathon Bender, and sometimes Toney Douglas for long stretches. I Believe Robinson is a big upgrade over the struggling Hughes, and I think Nate would be great off the bench with Harrington and Bender, as those are the ball stoppers. But those players have proven to score when they are hot. I think that the bulk of the minutes should still go to the starters, who have excellent chemistry together and share the ball effectively, and when it is time to give the starters rest, put in Robinson and Harrington to carry the scoring load. Robinson should not be used as our main offensive weapon night in and night out, that's how we dropped out of the playoff race last season. We should still have our starters take the bulk of the minutes, and only use Robinson when we need an offensive spark. And if he gets hot like he did last night, great. No one take him out and let him ride the streak. But if we see him jacking up bad shots, put him back on the bench and let the starters carry the rest of the game.

If you have him start, you are taking away the ball movement that the starters do so well.

Brilliant, insightful post there. I couldn`t have said it any better.

It`s true that Nate had a great game but the Knicks must not change theirn recent tactics of moving the ball. Nate gives explosive offence but will, in the long run, disrupt the Knicks offence.

We mustn`t get too excited about his points and performance against the Hawks. Nate was amazing and had me out of my seat with that great three in overtime but one game doesn`t make a season and our long term objectives cannot be achieved with Nate running the offence because he hogs the ball.

Take nothing away from his winning performance against the Hawks but let`s not overplay it. It got us a win, one win.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I agree that he should come off the bench to provide the instant spark. N8 against the Heat and Spurs would've been tremendous. The NYK were struggling to get good shots and they don't have a lot of players that can create their own shot plus Duhound can't dominate a game like N8. Let Duhound start but N8 take the crunch time minutes.

KBlack25

Starter

I could not agree more. Great post.