New Article: Nate?s Return ? Trade Audition or Resurgence?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
2010-01-02 - richtree

Nate Robinson returned to play 38 minutes after being fined $25,000 for public asking for a trade after his recent benching. Robinson played over an ailing Jonathan Bender and Larry Hughes who has been dealing with a groin injury. Robinson poured in 41 points, 11 in overtime, somewhat dominating the offensive end of the court against the 21-10 Atlanta Hawks on their home court.

After 14 straight DNP?s many fans suspected Nate would be traded as soon as possible. Nate?s attitude had worn on Mike D?Antoni, but he seemed to say all the right things while waiting for playing time. The Knicks were down 13 points in the third quarter to the athletic Hawks before riding Nate and Chandler?s hot hand to victory.

http://www.knicksonline.com/editorials/nates-return.html

dealing nate for anything short of a first round pick would be foolish imo, because people don't take his entertainment value into consideration when they try to come up with his basketball value.their are plenty of badly run nba franchises that would love a nate robinson.a guy who would put asses on the seats.they just don't want to pay for it.and if they don't **** em.new york doesn't have that problem.we don't need to do any other nba teams favors.

it doesn't make sense to deal him.

re:2010.

2010 at this point should be about acquiring draft picks to continue to rebuild this team the logical way.no matter the scenario, i don't see james coming here.i just don't see how he'll leave his hometown.so packaging nate with jeffries for more capspace is redundant because, outside of james nobody will be worth the max.some might think wade is, but i don't think wade will last his next contract as a top tier player.he's been injured before, and he plays like a gadam running back.

re:lee.

we all love lee.we got lee.we're going nowhere promising with lee.so as far as I'm concerned we got to deal lee.if this team has any untouchables, its gallo, hill, and chandler; and that's a fluid term, cause for the right price anyone can be had.now i know people have shat on hill, but the little I've seen of him looks promising.he just needs work.

while some might think acquiring picks by trading lee, harrington etc is a tad far fetched, I'll point to the contracts that the likes iguodala, brand, david west, and arenas (who imo, happen to be around the same " 'hood " in basketball worth to lee and Harrington) have.

add this summer's FA crop that those guys will be competing in, with the likes wade, johnson, bosh, dirk, etc as well as the nba's economic projections, i think its plenty reasonable that those guys will be valuable enough to warrant a first round pick.

though those teams that would acquire a lee or a Harrington, would essential acquire them on "audition" basis, i believe with all things considered, lee and al are plenty appealing at their level in comparison to the iguodalas, the brands, and the arenas's of the league.

they get to see these players, and decide what they want to pay them.i mean, what are the odds that 2 "random" players in this next draft will be better than lee and al? :D

we need to start collecting picks while gallo, chandler, and hill play and improve.and while they improve, the fans get entertained by nate.cause in reality, nobody expect us to make any noise in the playoffs if we get there. and even then, the majority of the guys that'll get us there won't be here next year.so what would playoffs matter to a couple of 22 year olds? they have the rest of the careers for that.we got to think ahead.:gony:

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
This can easily be a trade audition.

On the other hand, Nate has shown maturity through the month and i believe anyone can change if they have to in order to perform at a high level.
Nate is obviously a 50/50 when it comes to hoping for consistency but he is better than Duhon in every way and every Knick fan knows it.

We should honestly just start this guy, make him a 6th man, or something to involve him more.

CoolClyde

agreed

This can easily be a trade audition.

On the other hand, Nate has shown maturity through the month and i believe anyone can change if they have to in order to perform at a high level.
Nate is obviously a 50/50 when it comes to hoping for consistency but he is better than Duhon in every way and every Knick fan knows it.

We should honestly just start this guy, make him a 6th man, or something to involve him more.
:agreed: - N8 > Duhon.
does anyone disagree with this statement? The fact that N8 can change a game single-handedly, is EXACTLY what you want in a 6th man.
N8 is worth every penny, and needs to PLAY. Not playing N8 against Orlando when he scored 22 points in their previous game's 4TH QUARTER, was the height of stupidity, ignorance and D'amntoni pride.

Duhound is the worst starting PG in the league, his inconsistent play is responsible for MOST Knicks losses, NOT N8 BEING BENCHED. :crossfingers:

If N8 gets picked up by another team for anything other than a quality player or a 1st round pick, the Knicks are doomed to be scorched by N8 in the future, and we'll have nobody but No-D'antoni and Old Donnie Walsh to blame.

Kiyaman

Legend
I said it while (Gay) Isiah Thomas was on trail for sexual harrasement toward a woman. ha ha ha ha

That Lee, Nate, and Chandler were the future players of this Knick-Team, while everyone else was hooray hooray for the addition of Zach, for a Curry & Zach tandem.

If members have not seen the consistency in Lee, or Nate, or Chandler, and what they bring to the table.....if only they were put alongside of 5 to 6 more decent (or consistent) players in a rotation they could've made this Knick team a decent 2nd round playoff team along time ago.

Early this season I mention how wrong it was to put rookie Toney Douglas in the starting lineup, b/c of what it would do to his confidence being bounced in and out of the starting lineup then DNP for two straight games then put back into the rotation for three games, then DNP for three games.
Toney Douglas performance no-longer looks like the "steal of the draft", he looks more like a struggling rookie fighting his flaws for playingtime.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nate's 2nd game return

Nate's return, Nate's creativeness, Nate's energy, and Nate's humor provided a new lift in his teammates at the start of the Indiana game.

The Knicks scored a season high 132 points, while holding their oponents Indiana Pacers to 89 points. The Knicks finally had the oportunity to play all 12 players on the roster in one game for a WIN...

Hows that for advertising (the cause & effects of) the energy of Nate Robinson return....or must we go backwards to last year loss to the bottomless Nets.

Nate has never been inconsistent......his return had his teammates speed up their game to a better level.
Duhon actually was running the ball up the court, with Chandler and Gallo on the wings.
Nate came off the bench with Harrington and took our 16 point lead to a 30 point lead running the point, before Duhon replaced him. Just b/c Nate did not score many points the N8 H8ers will say he had a bad game LOL ha ha ha ha.....while all Nate's teammates were happy and playing with extreme effort. Both rookies received 12 straight minutes of playingtime.

richtree

Rotation player
The Knicks scored a season high 132 points, while holding their oponents Indiana Pacers to 89 points. The Knicks finally had the oportunity to play all 12 players on the roster in one game for a WIN...

Just remember 2 things about last game.

1. The Pacers are not a good team, and awful without there good players that missed the Knicks game.

2. The Knicks starters had a huge lead before Nate walked on the floor.

I think to evaluate Nate you need a 12 game sample.

Nate was humbled after being benched and played more under control in both games. If he can show humility and control his athelticism becomes a useful tool. When it is not controled it kills both chemistry and "fluidity" <-- insert Clyde's voice there.

peace

Kiyaman

Legend

Just remember 2 things about last game.

1. The Pacers are not a good team, and awful without there good players that missed the Knicks game.

2. The Knicks starters had a huge lead before Nate walked on the floor.

I think to evaluate Nate you need a 12 game sample.

Nate was humbled after being benched and played more under control in both games. If he can show humility and control his athelticism becomes a useful tool. When it is not controled it kills both chemistry and "fluidity" <-- insert Clyde's voice there.

peace

Last season (2008-9) after the 82nd game.....whom was your candidate for the Knicks MVP???

p0nder

Starter
I think this was trade audition. Perhaps for something with the pacers? hard to say tho. I maintain that I don't see nate returning next year... but anything can happen!

richtree

Rotation player
Nate Robinson reportedly vetoed a trade that would have sent him from the Knicks to the Grizzlies.

A deal for Marcus Williams and a draft pick had been agreed to in principle, but Nate didn't sign off on it. He's settled back into a substantial reserve role in New York, where his fantasy value is safe for the moment. The Grizzlies continue to look for a way to bolster their bench.
Source: Memphis Commercial Appeal