Futbol*appreciation*thread

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
For who doesn't know the shirt says "Dani Jarque forever with us" in tribute to Jarque the Espanyol captan and defender who passed away from a heart attack at age 26 last year.

Animo Jarque.

It happened in Italy...
Iniesta was a great man doing that, also because Espanyol is the rival team of Barcellona.

milchshake

Benchwarmer
probably at 11th July every football fan was waiting for the world cup final but not those who are watching second league in Iceland - They were screaming and supporting their teams. Those two football event have sth common :D A tricky ball, do you remember all that jabulani crazy moves and for example robert green parade.... so take a look on that :D hahahhaha

what more can I say ? It was 6:3 for home players :D

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I dont really watch futbol, hell i dont watch it at all, but i found this interesting, its from newsday:
In June, the North Korean soccer team dropped ignominiously out of the World Cup without a point after conceding 12 goals in three games. Since the players returned home, they have been publicly shamed, according to reports. The manager has been forced to become a construction worker, and there are fears for his safety.

smh @ commies

milchshake

Benchwarmer
ehh sadistic koreans...they are like saddam... football is a friendly game, amusing and fun like that :D

more interesting then news about korean team :teeth:

I've been reading in RED BULL BULLETIN that football became or becoming already very popular in NY, is it true new yorkers ?

WrongIslander

Rotation player
It's pretty simple, an isolated incedent vs a player who has a reputation his entire career of having a terrible attitude, of cheating and being immature and disrespectful.

Behave, he bit someone, that's the only really bad thing he's ever done and when Keane was going round breaking people's legs your lot were in love with him as a gifted visionary.

Ok since you don't want to leave it alone lets just break it down simple shall we?

LUIS SUAREZ IS NOT RACIST?

SUAREZ IS NOT A CHEAT?

I must have missed the memo where he was cleared to play as GK in the World Cup...

He did what he had to do to win. I applaud him for it. He knew he'd get caught and he sacrificed himself for the greater good. Nothing is made of it when other players have done it (of which there have been plenty but when Suarez does it it's the crime of the century.

Uruguays-Luis-Suarez-Hand-Of-God.gif

SUAREZ DOES NOT DIVE MUCH MORE THAN OTHER PLAYERS?

suarezg6ujn.gif

Fair enough but I could show as many incidents from a lot of players including your beloved Evra. Even the most honest players in the world have dived including GARY LINEKER a man who was never booked in his life. The idea of going after Suarez (who gets kicked all over the park and dives like Ronaldo did to try and level the field) is again just seeing what you want to see.

9scu3a.gif

That's a disgraceful challenge and I've never seen it before to be honest. I hope he was sent off for it and banned.

suarezbeingsuarezmkvei.gif

Very dangerous tackle and should have been at least a yellow whether there was contact or not. I've seen it before slowed right down and while he doesn't make contact at first when his studs are up he clearly does on the slowed down version with the bottom of his boot.

suarez2yd0v.gif

Not sure what your point is with this one as it is clearly a foul whether the player intended it or not.

suarezzxo00.gif

If you watch the beginning of that attack and not just hte part you want to see Suarez does well to stay on his feet as he's being dragged back. In the end he trips himself up but he's claiming for the earlier foul.

SUAREZ SHOWS MATURITY ON THE PITCH?

Why don't we ask the guy he headbutted/bit on the chest?

The one incident that is serious enough for him to be reprimanded for and banned, which I believe he was. It's hardly Cantona kicking a fan in the head in the stands is it? It's not Keane breaking Haaland's leg.

Or how Scott Parker feels after Suarez returns from his 8 match ban?

14bp2lx.gif

His eyes are on the ball, it's a stupid clumsy attempt and Parker said so himself after the game but hey it's Suarez so the death penalty should be the only recourse.

SUAREZ IS A CLASSY PLAYER?!?!

You know full well I meant his play and I meant his play is mature as well.

Yes Suarez was wrong. Whether or not it was wrong not to shake his hand is immaterial. Suarez told the Liverpool management that he would shake Evra's hand then refused to do so when the game came. He lied and let down his team. He got his manager involved in the dispute because Kenny though Suarez would shake his hand and thus lashed out at a reporter.

Actually you'll find that at first Dalglish didn't care, he only apologised on behalf of Suarez and then himself because Ian Ayre our Marketing Director got involved and he did so for two reasons. One the political pressure that is mounting due to the fever around "Racism" and because "it's bad for business." As usual, as with everything there is a bigger picture here and you're not seeing it.

Riddle me this Batman, if Suarez didn't racially abuse Patrice Evra then why did Liverpool not appeal his ban? Because he did, and everybody knows it, except Liverpool supporters :lol:

Seriously? Liverpool backed him 100% they didn't appeal because to risk having him out for what may as well have amounted to the rest of the season was a risk not worth taking. I've been arrested for no reason then physical and verbally abused. My choice was to plead my case and risk a criminal record or to pay the fine and just accept it. Sometimes the sensible thing to do is to back down, right or wrong. That's exactly what Ayre will have explained to Dalglish and what Dalglish will have in turn said to Suarez.

Now take your hands off the keyboard before you get hurt.

Before I get hurt? Shut up you funboy, was that some pathetic effort to intimidate me?

That Suarez transcript, where did you get it from because there's nothing to say that any part of it is factual and Suarez vehemently denies Evra's testimony.

Oh before I'm done let's look at the character of the man making the accusations.

1) Was involved in a mutiny against his own country's national team

What did Anelka say?

Different sources have reported different versions of Anelka's rant, which came at halftime of France's match with Mexico. According to L'Equipe, Anelka said, "Go get yourself ****ed in the ass, you dirty son of a whore." Le Parisien's version: "You and your system can go get ****ed in the ass." And according to other sources: "Go **** your mother." Did Anelka say all of this to Domenech's face, as L'Equipe reports? Domenech and French Football Federation President Jean-Pierre Escalettes say no—that Anelka said it under his breath somewhere in the locker room. During a press conference on Saturday afternoon, team captain Patrice Evra said he had put an end to the altercation by saying, "What are you playing at? We have a game to win." In any case, the coach didn't let it fly and put Anelka on the bench in the second half.

Would the French Football Federation have sent Anelka home if the insults had not been made public?

No.

This may actually be the clearest part of the whole story. Domenech said he got overAnelka's outburst quickly and wasn't asking for a public apology. Football federation Secretary Henri Monteil explained it to regional daily La Charente Libre: "Nothing would have filtered out if L'Equipe hadn't reported it. I only learned of it on Saturday. President Jean-Pierre Escalettes knew since the day before that. He thought it wouldn't leave the room."

After the remarks became public, Escalettes got together with Domenech, team captain Patrice Evra, and Anelka. Anelka agreed to apologize in front of the team and staff, but not in public. In his hotel suite, Escalettes gathered the federation's leaders, and they opted to dismiss Anelka. "I'm sorry," Escalettes told Anelka when he announced the ruling.

This reactive decision enraged the team's senior players. Thierry Henry, William Gallas, Eric Abidal, Patrice Evra, and Franck Ribery resented the federation for yielding to a media frenzy they felt was unjustified. This is one of the big paradoxes of the whole scandal: On the one hand, Evra and Ribery have called the insult "unacceptable" and "intolerable."

Hmm doesn't make much sense that Pat, started off quite sensible and reserved until of course you were easily led like you have been by Ferguson through this whole incident. Ferguson knows he can't stop Suarez on the pitch.

This man has the nerve to tell us who we should and shouldn't play after he continued to back the likes of Keane and Cantona? **** right off you two faced whiskey nosed twat.

2) When there was an altercation between United and Chelsea's training staff the F.A. found his evidence to be (and I quote) "over exaggerated and unreliable"

Three years ago this month, Patrice Evra was damned by an FA regulatory commission for supplying “exaggerated and unreliable” evidence following allegations of racism during the infamous ‘Battle of the Bridge’ with Chelsea ground staff in April 2008.
On that occasion, Evra was fined ?15,000 and hit with a four-match suspension as punishment for his part in the post-match brawl at Stamford Bridge, following United’s defeat against Chelsea, which resulted in United's coaching staff claiming the Senegal-born defender was called a “------- immigrant” by Chelsea groundsman Sam Bethell.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...fter-FA-rule-in-his-favour-in-racism-row.html

So apparently one man's word is enough to convict someone and have them labelled a racist the rest of their life? This one man of course who was defended by everyone who has ever played with him who laughed off the idea that he could be racist, himself of course having a black grandfather.

The only thing Luis Suarez admits to (which he didn't have to) is saying "porque negro" which as any spanish speaking person will tell you is NOT racist.

Final word? Let's give that to John Barnes shall we as he put it better than anyone else I've heard on the subject and he was a victim of REAL RACISM not this pseudo racist bullshit that is taken way out of context and gives people like you a cause to fight based not on the issue but on the fact you don't like the man who was accused and even more laughably found "guilty".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16309990

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4_Im6kq7uY

Last edited:
Soccer(Futbol) is softer than flag football these days :teeth:

About 95% of Futbol players are huge pussies....it's quite annoying to watch to be honest.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I'm a die hard Ajax fan and there are not enough words to describe what a relief I felt when we traded Suarez to Liverpool, this guy was the biggest shame of the AFCA in its 112 years history.

@SH: soft? I know there isn't a lot bumping into each other and tackling, but soft? Bro, have you ever heard of formations, team strategy and game plans? I know fighting with each other takes 50% of an American football game (the remaining 50% are commercials) but c'mon...

Last edited:
I'm a die hard Ajax fan and there are not enough words to describe what a relief I felt when we traded Suarez to Liverpool, this guy was the biggest shame of the AFCA in its 112 years history.

@SH: soft? I know there isn't a lot bumping into each other and tackling, but soft? Bro, have you ever heard of formations, team strategy and game plans? I know fighting with each other takes 50% of an American football game (the remaining 50% are commercials) but c'mon...

Man I live in Germany for about 8-9 months a year, due to my job.
I watch a football (soccer) match on TV from time to time, they're flopping and diving like crazy way too often. Sometimes they get barely touched and act like they've suffered a broken ankle....I don't like that at all.

It's not all of them, but quite a lot.

I can understand that you don't like American Football (It's not everyone's cup of tea in Europe), but fighting is the last thing it's about.

I personally think it's the best sport in the world cause it combines all elements, tactics, team work, athleticism, toughness, concentration, skill, finesse, cleverness, focus, determination, instincts, power etc.

I'd say there isn't a sport in the world that includes more tactics than Football (American).

Is Suarez the racist?
I've read something a couple of days ago about a Liverpool player beeing punished and exposed for racism, disgusting and annoying if true.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
IMO "your" football has nothing to do with cleverness or toughness. Firstly, quarterbacks are always in contact with offense coordinator, secondly there is always plenty of time to consult with your coach and last but not least many quarterbacks use cribs, it seems it doesn't require any cleverness to execute a play. In "our" football there are almost no in game adjustments made by the coaching staff, no cribs, no timeouts to figure out what to do next. Players are supposed to decide which play is going to be exectued, what adjuments can be made etc. Toughness: mouthguards, helmets, chestguards, ballsguards and plenty of other stuff to protect your body and you're talking about toughness? Athleticism, "your" football players are just pumped, guys are playing max. 30-40 minutes/game and you're saying this is the most athletic sport? In "our" football you have 11 starters and just 3 subs, no different squads for offense/defense, guys are playing 90 minutes/game and running at least 7 miles/game (sometimes even 10). Besides, "your" players have max 20 games/season (if they get to the Super Bowl), a top team of "our" football play around 60 games/season.

For us, "your" football is just fake rugby. It isn't even football because guys mostly carry the ball in their hands.

The thruth is "your" football and "our" football are two totally different games that require different skill sets and background. I agree "your" football inlcludes more tactics or team work, but it doesn't make "your" football any better than "ours", like playing more heavy minutes doesn't make our football better than "yours".

And no, I don't hate "your" football, I really enjoyed the Super Bowl, but for us it just looks fake with all the pauses and paddings.

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
It's pointless to continue this discussion WrongIslander. You're a biased Liverpool fan and I'm somewhat biased United fan.

You'll never find me denying that Ronaldo, Nani, Cantona, Keane etc have all had torrid moments in their football careers be it diving, fouling or whatever. The fact of the matter is you act like Suarez didn't do anything wrong and is a good example of a player. He's not.

While I respect his football skills a great deal his attitude and conduct are terrible. If he could resolve these he may go down as a Premiership great. If not he'll waft away like so many bad smells have in the past.

And about the GIF you mentioned you hoped he had been sent off and banned, what's even more hilarious is that after committing a potentially leg breaking tackle he then goes rolling off on the ground as if he's been fouled :teeth: