Half season standings

milchshake

Benchwarmer
NBA is heading to the half of the regular season, for knicks there is only 3 games left to play. After 38 they got 16 wins and 22 loses, the bottom line is that one season ago we got 15 - 23 at this time, so there is no visible progress in game records. I wonder why ? It's quite ridicolous because it seems that NYK best players are playing better and improving statistics and our worst players did not play worser than year ago. In the other hand we are near 8th spot in the east... How could it be ? Maybe despite slow start ( after 5 - 15 in first 20 games and a lot lost in 4th quarter now we are 11-7 in next 18 and that is obviously good sign ) knicks could end season over 0.5 PCT :crossfingers:

GetRealistic

Starter
While the records are similiar i'd take the performance of this years team over last years team any day. We still are lacking a star player and without a star player you can't compete in the NBA but for the most part all the players we wanted to see progress have progressed.

David Lee, Wilson Chandler, and Gallo have all progressed and continued to improve. Also last season we simply outscored teams to win this year we are a better basketball team. We compete on defense (most nights) and run a fluid offense.

The 1-9 start killed us. Say we went 4-5 in those first 5 games we would be 19-18 and people would be extremely excited. Barring a major trade (a salary cap move where we dump lee or Harrington to get rid of Curry or JJ) this team should stay competitive throughout the season and possibly compete for the 8th spot in the playoffs.

As Knick fans, seeing the roster from opening night we should be happy to be a competitve team that sneaks into the playoffs. The more meaningful late season games we play the better it is for Gallo, Chandler, and Lee (if he comes back).

I also expect to see Hill squeak into the rotation later in the year and if David Lee is traded i'd expect Hill to play atleast 25 minutes a night. It's only limited minutes but Hill has shown me that he may not be a star player but he will certainly be a useful piece in the next few seasons. You can never have enough athlethic 7 footers on your roster.

Starks

Starter
Record wise its not much of a jump from last season, but I am worlds beyond my feelings from last year's team.

the 1-9 start really was an abberation. It was a residual effect of last season.

I'm happy. Theres been about 3-4 games I really wanted that the Knicks blew (NJ, Houston, Miami) but other than that its been an entertaining season with meaninglful games being played. Thats all we could ask for.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
I'm much happier this year, at this stage, than last year. Gallo was out, Curry got as fat as his contract, and the whole Marbury thing and the scandal were a huge distraction for the Knicks. I remember ESPN making jokes about NY all the f'ing time!

The 11-7 in the last 18 itself is better than the entirety of last year.

As mentioned above, that 1-9 start really had me reeling too, and it seemed like last years f'd up season was in perpetual motion.

But at this stage, I'm enjoying the optimism of being a Knick fan. Not in the case of 2010s FA madness so much as what was to be a throw away season that's suddenly become a playoff possibility.

If we had a real PG that would go from possibility to probability.

Gotta be glad we didn't sign Sessions though right?

dave2138

Rotation player
Of course this year is better than last year...you know why? because we are closer to the 2010 off season now than we were last year. Nobody expected this team to be better than they are now. They have clearly overachieved more than anyone could have predicted since the 1-9 start.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Don't forget the start of last season. We had Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph on major hot streaks. We started the season 6-3 and kind of took the league by surprise. Then we traded them and started going downhill. So technically we have gotten much better.

milchshake

Benchwarmer
Don't forget the start of last season. We had Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph on major hot streaks. We started the season 6-3 and kind of took the league by surprise. Then we traded them and started going downhill. So technically we have gotten much better.

I was almost crying when they go back loosing after this surprising start..., but to pay attention to the future this move was righteous. If they get to the play-offs now ( probably just for playing first post season games since years or maybe they'll move to the final from 8th place and history will happen again :teeth: just kidding ) it could be finally visible proof that team go back on the right way after years... I got friends: boston, lakers and atl fans... and they always shit on MY TEAM cause NYK is behind them ( even when atl lost games with us ), they're to stupid to understand that it's rebuilding, so over technically improvement I would be glad to see some visible progress. Everything about knicks is still so unpredictable in my opinion, wins with good teams, lost with crap teams and still waiting for the 2010 saviour :gony:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
bitches(women) don't know shit about basketball.

I think we're on the right track. the youngsters are huge contributors to this team, which is great. Chandler, Lee, Gallo, and Nate are the future (as of now) and they are the ones taking this team in the right direction.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Look at how we started and the level we've been playing at since... Wins against Phoenix, ATL... I was at the game last Friday V.S. Toronto, yes we got blown out, trailed by 28 at the half, Cut it to 8 in the fourth... We've been playing respectably.... Im happy with the team for the level of talent we have... Always room for improvement...

p0nder

Starter
That bitch can't even use proper punctuation marks let alone break down the half season standings in a way that is informative or critical. She really should not be published on Yahoo at all. Nate is our second best player? That's news to me.

I am enjoying the teams performance thus far because coming into this season I had us closer to the Nets record then anything. We started off terribly but have bounced back nicely and the young guys are contributing and getting involved.

I am happy to see Jordan Hill getting involved at the half way point, rather then after the trade deadline. I hope Tony Douglas can crack the rotation more often as well.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
The whole point is moot when you factor a 1-9 start. If we started the season playing like we have since December it would be easy to see the improvement.

dave2138

Rotation player
That bitch can't even use proper punctuation marks let alone break down the half season standings in a way that is informative or critical. She really should not be published on Yahoo at all. Nate is our second best player? That's news to me.

I am enjoying the teams performance thus far because coming into this season I had us closer to the Nets record then anything. We started off terribly but have bounced back nicely and the young guys are contributing and getting involved.

I am happy to see Jordan Hill getting involved at the half way point, rather then after the trade deadline. I hope Tony Douglas can crack the rotation more often as well.

Agreed, I hope its only a matter of time before Douglas and Hill take Harrington and Nate's minutes.

Kiyaman

Legend
I been a Knick-Fan to long......

I'm very disapointed in our 17-24 record b/c Lee, Nate, and Chandler overall-talent could do much better than that, the trio been together for 3 seasons.
Plus the thousand and something minutes of playingtime they put in alongside of Harrington, Jefferies, and Duhon lastseason in a 6-man rotation that won 32 games without a pinch of defense.

The 6-player (rotation) above going into their 2nd season together was automatically a .500 team their first 41 games (Houston Rockets).

The 1-9 start and the 3-14 record was dum-dum Damntoni throwing a wrench into the mix as early as the Preseason games.
Having every NBA sports announcer questioning his coaching ability.
Even Marbury finally made some sense joking on Damntoni to the press.
And Donnie Walsh was'nt to bright his damn self waiting untill a week before training camp to resign Lee & Nate, while never once this season making time to question Damntoni about his coach to player relationship.