Jordan Hill and the Knicks

Kiyaman

Legend
This is a long read note on the Knicks training-camp to their 37th game of the season. Please correct me if I am wrong in any area of this research.
The Knicks start a "Back to Back" Game tonight at home vs Toronto and tommorow at Detroit using a 6-7 man rotation.
Should David Lee be made to make it back from mourning his grandfather death to play in this "back to back" game?

When we drafted "Jordan Hill", I was so happy b/c this would be the chance to prove me "Right or Wrong" about celebrity coach Dantoni.
I been saying, "Dantoni is clueless of coaching Bigmen", since Chambers, Hunter, Brian Grant, Kurt Thomas, and Shaq.
The Phoenix Suns was the "Kidd & Marion" show when Dantoni was assistant coach in Denver.

The developement of rookie Jordan Hill was supposed to get his first 600 minutes of playingtime alongside of David Lee....there is no excuse.
Dejuan Blair got his first 600 minutes of playingtime alongside of Tim Duncan.
I'm sure if rookie Blake Griffin was healthy to play he to would have received his first 600 minutes of playingtime alongside of either Kaman or Camby.
The Knicks has played 37 games and not one minute of any of those games has coach Damntoni put "Lee & Hill" on the court together.....rookie Toney Douglas was getting his groove-on in the preseason playing alongside of Nate, and in the regular season alongside of Duhon or Hughes. Why did his playingtime stop? after being put in the starting lineup several times???

Coach Dantoni took the tandem of Darko & Gallo out of the rotation after the preseason games to DNP Darko....while giving Gallo his first 800 minutes of playingtime within the line-up of "Lee, Chandler, and Duhon".
Which lead to the Knicks worst start in NBA history a 1-9 start and a 3-14 record, untill President Donnie Walsh pulled the plug to scare the entire Knick roster on the mourning of the 18th game vs Atlanta by having all the sports news channels keep announcing the Knicks are in discussion of a multiple trade with the Chicago Bulls by the end of this day.
No trade took place that day, but Walsh plan was very effective that night when the Knicks beat Atlanta to start a winning streak that lasted 4 games.

This is not a HATE on Gallo vs Hill, but rather a note on why the two were not prepared carefully to be a inside/outside combination by midseason incase we do lose David Lee to the 2010 FA market, plus what all took place from preseason to the 37th game of the season (16-22).

Members could add, correct, or place their reasons why???

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
Kiyaman-Go post on the Celtics site. You hate the Knicks and know nothing about basketball anyway. Good bye

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiyaman-Go post on the Celtics site. You hate the Knicks and know nothing about basketball anyway. Good bye

Lets get this right, before u ever print my name again in this forum or the next Knick-forum.......I been a Fan Favorite of Rookie Sugar Ray Richardson, Ray Williams, Toby Knight, Cartwright, Ewing, Mark Jackson, Strictland, Ward, Ariza, Nate, Lee, Balkman, and Chandler the first time I seen them perform in their rookie season as Knicks.

The Kiya situation lies within Owner Dolan decade of incompetence at selecting G.M.'s

NO! I do not agree with the hiring of Walsh and Dantoni
Which are only two-people making miserable decision-making that affects the Knicks organization.

Answer this question: out of all the players Donnie Walsh traded for how many received steady playingtime under coach Dantoni?
only Al Harrington (Walsh Pet-Player he drafted out of H.S. and traded back for twice).
How many players have Walsh traded starting with Balkman?

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
Kiya-well I do agree with one thing you said. Dolan is an incompetent. That's why the league recommended Walsh to him. D'Antoni dropped in our lap and we should be grateful. I like these guys and know given time they will improve the team. They are already doing it. Hill isn't good enough to get playing time. As a rookie he will learn plenty in practice. Could he learn more by playing, maybe, but what this team most needs is a professional attitude. That only comes from winning and trying to win. Take Curry, he was unprepared to play last year. Now he is in somewhat better shape and is complaining he should be playing. Too bad. When he realized he let the team and the organization down, he'll understand that professionalism means being ready everyday. It also means the team comes first. Be quiet, be ready and when your time comes produce. That is all that matters. He doesn't get it and never will get it so he will be gone shortly. Dlee's attitude of playing even with a death in the family is what moves a team to become better. When everyone gives that much and expects that much from their teammates, the team will have turned the corner. If you cannot see D'Antoni instilling that in this group, then you won't understand why we will have become contenders in the future.

Go Knicks. And by the way, I go back to Reed and Frazier so I can say what I want.

ANU

Starter
mike d'antoni could careless about the knicks future.he is letting his ego dictate his coaching.i honestly cannot understand why the **** this dude is our coach.we didn't have a playoffs caliber roster before he got here, nor has donnie assembled one.he wants to get into the playoffs, and then we get into the playoffs and get blown the **** out people will want to say, "well its not the coach they just don't have a talent".

he could careless about the progress of hill and gallo.all he cares about is his reputation as a coach.he is a horrible game manager and he's a bad player manager.

i would like to know, why the **** was hill drafted if lee was going to be re-signed, and gallinari was supposed to be the pf of the future.it makes zero sense. our gm is a bad prognosticator, and our coach is an asshole.

great combo.though i will say, it still better then the Isiah era.

CoolClyde

Hill No

Hill was drafted by Knicks just in case Walsh couldn't come to terms with
DLEE superduper agent John Barleycorn (must die).

Now that DLEE signed for 1 year, D'amntoni doesn't need to play Hill.
If Knicks trade or lose DLEE as unrestricted F.A., Hill will get some run.
Maybe not. Who knows?

If Knicks decide to trade Duhound, maybe Douglas will see some minutes.
For now, it's all about winning for D'amntoni, he's going with slimmest rotation
possible to find best players who play hard, even if that entails overplaying
entire starting lineup so 2nd half of season looks like end of last year.

Trade deadline's coming up in a month, let's see what happens. don't hold your breath...

ANU

Starter
Okay. So what available coach would be doing a better job?
a better job of what? average? these are throw away seasons. i don't care how many ball games he wins.they are fools gold.sacrificing the development of gallinari and hill is not worth salvaging his rep as a "good" coach.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Jordan Hill is too athletic to be a bust in the NBA and I will be laughing with all the idiots that said he isn't good enough. Same idiots that said that Gallinari was too slow and ready for the NBA. Both Gallinari and Hill are the perfect combination forwards pair to start for a team. Gallo is finesse while Hill is vicious. Damn what kind of fans you people are that give up on such a young player so soon. 50% of posters on this site have no clue on how players project given time, conditioning and skills development. Hill is still raw but a smart fan will see the little things he could do to help us win basketball games hopefully in a near future. I project Hill to be a much better pro than DLee and post 20 and 12 numbers in three seasons.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
a better job of what? average? these are throw away seasons. i don't care how many ball games he wins.they are fools gold.sacrificing the development of gallinari and hill is not worth salvaging his rep as a "good" coach.

Exatly, the growth of those two playing together is more important than making the playoffs and losing in the first round. I love my Knicks and want them to win, but if we don't develop our own players we will never win a championship. We need that orange and blue blood on that championship.

nyk_nyk

All Star
This is a long read note on the Knicks training-camp to their 37th game of the season. Please correct me if I am wrong in any area of this research.
The Knicks start a "Back to Back" Game tonight at home vs Toronto and tommorow at Detroit using a 6-7 man rotation.
Should David Lee be made to make it back from mourning his grandfather death to play in this "back to back" game?

When we drafted "Jordan Hill", I was so happy b/c this would be the chance to prove me "Right or Wrong" about celebrity coach Dantoni.
I been saying, "Dantoni is clueless of coaching Bigmen", since Chambers, Hunter, Brian Grant, Kurt Thomas, and Shaq.
The Phoenix Suns was the "Kidd & Marion" show when Dantoni was assistant coach in Denver.

The developement of rookie Jordan Hill was supposed to get his first 600 minutes of playingtime alongside of David Lee....there is no excuse.
Dejuan Blair got his first 600 minutes of playingtime alongside of Tim Duncan.
I'm sure if rookie Blake Griffin was healthy to play he to would have received his first 600 minutes of playingtime alongside of either Kaman or Camby.
The Knicks has played 37 games and not one minute of any of those games has coach Damntoni put "Lee & Hill" on the court together.....rookie Toney Douglas was getting his groove-on in the preseason playing alongside of Nate, and in the regular season alongside of Duhon or Hughes. Why did his playingtime stop? after being put in the starting lineup several times???

Coach Dantoni took the tandem of Darko & Gallo out of the rotation after the preseason games to DNP Darko....while giving Gallo his first 800 minutes of playingtime within the line-up of "Lee, Chandler, and Duhon".
Which lead to the Knicks worst start in NBA history a 1-9 start and a 3-14 record, untill President Donnie Walsh pulled the plug to scare the entire Knick roster on the mourning of the 18th game vs Atlanta by having all the sports news channels keep announcing the Knicks are in discussion of a multiple trade with the Chicago Bulls by the end of this day.
No trade took place that day, but Walsh plan was very effective that night when the Knicks beat Atlanta to start a winning streak that lasted 4 games.

This is not a HATE on Gallo vs Hill, but rather a note on why the two were not prepared carefully to be a inside/outside combination by midseason incase we do lose David Lee to the 2010 FA market, plus what all took place from preseason to the 37th game of the season (16-22).

Members could add, correct, or place their reasons why???

Interesting post. Now let's start at the beginning. Walsh went into the draft with his sights set on Curry. The Warriors draft our guy and Walsh goes into panic mode. At the time, the general concensus was that Hill was the best bigman available at #8. Because Walsh was at risk of losing Lee, it made sense to draft this 6'10" kid. Although, had more homework been done we could of had Jennings, but that's a different story. A few months later Lee signs a one year deal which no one thought would happen and the lineup starts to come together.

Dantoni initially was supossed to play Lee and Curry together but since fatman couldn't play, Lee became the center. Here's where things start to get wierd. Walsh drafted Hill but Dantoni preferred Jeffries at PF. Dantoni loves Gallo (connection) and likes the versatility of Harrington. Walsh needed JJ to play for trade reasons and Dantoni wasn't going to take minutes away from Harrington or Gallo for a rookie when his team was losing every night.

Fast forward a few weeks and the team starts winning. Dantoni now has another reason not to play Hill. Doesn't want to disrupt the chemistry. Now comes the AI situation. Walsh backs out of the signing because it would disrupt the development of our young players. Hmmm... ok that sounds good but him nor Dantoni never prove that to be true. Kiya calls Dantoni a "celebrity coach" and he is right. Dantoni is a showtime coach that's known for putting an exciting team on the floor as long as he has the right players. All that losing they were doing in the beginning wasn't good for his rep even if it was expected. He wasn't goinig to sacrifice his coaching record any further by having Hill learn and make mistakes allong the way to another long losing streak.

Hill was an insurance pick in light of the Lee free agent situation. Other than that, the Knicks really never seriously had him or too many other players on their radar. I personally didn't like the pick. I thought all the stuff he was doing in college was pretty standard for a guy his size. Nothing special.

The 2010 plan is altering alot of situations on the team. You can't give heavy minutes to the guys you want to trade plus develop rookies and try to win all at the same time.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
Jordan Hill is too athletic to be a bust in the NBA and I will be laughing with all the idiots that said he isn't good enough. Same idiots that said that Gallinari was too slow and ready for the NBA. Both Gallinari and Hill are the perfect combination forwards pair to start for a team. Gallo is finesse while Hill is vicious. Damn what kind of fans you people are that give up on such a young player so soon. 50% of posters on this site have no clue on how players project given time, conditioning and skills development. Hill is still raw but a smart fan will see the little things he could do to help us win basketball games hopefully in a near future. I project Hill to be a much better pro than DLee and post 20 and 12 numbers in three seasons.

I agree with this. Hill has the potential to be a good pro. We shouldn't judge him on how he does in his first 15 minutes in the league. I don't think he needs to play now to reach that level of play though. He's a rookie and will learn in practice and will do well being brought along slowly.

I do disagree with your subsequent post. Making the playoffs even if we lose in the first round will help this team a lot. We need to see what it takes to get to that level. Some are seeing, Curry, Milicic, and will be gone shortly. Hopeful, Hill is seeing and will increase his practice regime.

metrocard

Legend

Danilo is finnese?
Jordan is vicious?

LOL...sounds like total opposites. Hill is soft and fragile.
Danilo is a great shooter, but his best attribute is being around the basket, which hasn't be utilized because D'Antoni is a dick.

20 and 12..wow guy.

Do you realize that is Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan status?

You're confirming to the Knicksonline.com forum that Jordan Hill will be an All NBAer, All star, top 3 big man, MVP canidate in 3 seasons?

All sacarsm aside, I'm going to be honest with you.

YOU'RE A ****KINGFOOL.

Jordan Hill was never good in college, he was what he is now, a raw prospect.

Remember Jackson Vroman? Thats who Jordan Hill plays like.

GoD-LLiNari

Rookie
haha, man i have been reading knicksonline forums for a long time, this being the first time ive posted anything i have to say metrocard has to be one of the worste posters on this site. He obviously has an extreme lack of knowledge pertaining to basketball. Jackson Vroman being compared to Jordan Hill.....if this was a serious comment please save yourself further embarrasment and never post again. How can you even start to critique Jordan when he hasnt even had the chance to play yet? Thats like measuring the talent of a minor league baseball player before he gets to the majors. I cant wait for this guy with his feminine little glasses on his head eats his words when Jordan Hill become a solid contributor for the knicks. You have over 5000 posts and im guessing maybe 2 have had relevent points, watch the games, learn the game and come back to KO.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
haha, man i have been reading knicksonline forums for a long time, this being the first time ive posted anything i have to say metrocard has to be one of the worste posters on this site. He obviously has an extreme lack of knowledge pertaining to basketball. Jackson Vroman being compared to Jordan Hill.....if this was a serious comment please save yourself further embarrasment and never post again. How can you even start to critique Jordan when he hasnt even had the chance to play yet? Thats like measuring the talent of a minor league baseball player before he gets to the majors. I cant wait for this guy with his feminine little glasses on his head eats his words when Jordan Hill become a solid contributor for the knicks. You have over 5000 posts and im guessing maybe 2 have had relevent points, watch the games, learn the game and come back to KO.

Well said GoD-LLiNari,

Welcome on board, good post! Didn't David Lee averaged like 5 pts his rookie season so I must believe that Metrocard said that Lee was the next Maciej Lampe, lol. Point is Hill should of played last night with a 30 point deficit and see what he can do in the second quarter of a game. Hill is not ready for prime time but he should at least play versus second units. With time and proper coaching Hill will be a 20 and 10 player, mark my words!

Torp

Benchwarmer
not sure about 20 and 12. But he sure did contribute very well tonight and I am excited to see how he progresses if coach D ever gives him more play time.

CoolClyde

:agreed: Metrocard = worst poster on site. He puts the anal in analysis.
He disses Chandler and Hill, and starts sissy fights with everyone.
Then again, he does come up with some thought-provoking threads...
for Trillion to poop on!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Hill finally looked decent. First time all season I saw signs from him. I'm curious to see what D'antoni does with the lineup now. Idk if Bender was benched because of performance or injury but it'll be curious to see who gets minutes Monday against Detroit.

nd dang this thread went to talking about hill to bashing metro...in all fairness though its kind of stupid to admit ur a lurker nd then bash some1 whose made a repuation on the site, post here a lil more than start bashing ppl, but im loving the user name lol.

in time gallo will prove hes god lol

GoD-LLiNari

Rookie
Hill finally looked decent. First time all season I saw signs from him. I'm curious to see what D'antoni does with the lineup now. Idk if Bender was benched because of performance or injury but it'll be curious to see who gets minutes Monday against Detroit.

nd dang this thread went to talking about hill to bashing metro...in all fairness though its kind of stupid to admit ur a lurker nd then bash some1 whose made a repuation on the site, post here a lil more than start bashing ppl, but im loving the user name lol.

in time gallo will prove hes god lol

ummmm first of all it says lurker already and shows i havent posted on the side regardless if i "admit" im a lurker haha....so save it.....and who cares how many posts u have, if the reputation youve made on this site is that youre a complete fool (metro)?

thanks for the love on the name tho:beer: ANDIAMO GALLO!!