Jordan Hill and the Knicks

ANU

Starter
as i said before,i think hill has the makings of a really good two way player. which is why i want avi off this team.hill needs to actually play to get better.a gallo/hill frontline would be hell to deal with.with gallo's versatility, and hill's speed and athleticism, we will be in good hands.he's shown plenty of flashes.anybody see that dream shake yesterday? the fade away j?come on.how can you not get excited.

GoD-LLiNari

Rookie
pick and roll

I can see hill be an absolute monster on the pick an roll. His quickness and agility plus the fact he seems to be a great finisher, has all the ingredients to kill it on the P&R. Also how come they never run the P&R with gallo, who could either drive to the hoop, finish or dish, or pull up for the immediate shot? I would even like to see gallo run the point for a few times on Off., and see how he does with the P&R in the PG role.

:gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
Gallo

Gallo is a steady right hand dribbler not a dribbler that favors dribbling with his right hand.....so leading the point or being a "point-foward" is not in his talent or caliber of performance.
He is best as a Big-SG (Allan Houston type of catch n shoot), that need to learn how to move toward the pass thrown to him, rather than planting his foot and waiting for an exact pass to where he stands.
Teammates has picked-up alot of turnovers passing to a non-moving Gallo.
Recall early in the season, when everyone kept complaining about teammates not passing to Gallo, b/c Gallo is still learning how to move without the ball.

This offseason Walsh should say F.... Dantoni training Gallo, and let ex-Pacer player Reggie Miller train Gallo this offseason.

Kiyaman

Legend
Jordan Hill

What was assistant coach Herb Williams doing this summer?

In the Summer League Games it was so obvious at the few things Jordan Hill needed training in a month before training-camp to become a 18 to 24 mpg rookie....keeping the ball over his shoulders at all times, after a rebound, and when he is outside of the paint area to pass the ball.
Heavy training on throwing any and every kind of pass to his teammates with the ball above his shoulders.
Coming out and setting-screens for "certain" teammates, while turning to head back to the paint.
No taking any outside jumpshots his first 4 to 5 months of rookie playingtime, inside shots only with his back to the basket or hustle put-back, back door play, pick n role, or alley-oop baskets.
And never ever-ever-ever take a 3 point-shot!

The Knicks coaching-staff is worst than Isiah's coaching-staff.
b/c assistant coach Mark Aquire "bigman training" layed these facts and rules of performance down to all bigmen rookies starting with Trevor Ariza.

When these little things are inplanted in a rookie Bigman performance in training camp.....all his teammates know what to expect from him. b/c they know what he is allowed to do and what he is not allowed to do.

Kiyaman

Legend
Why Jordan Hill gets no playingtime

Jordan Hill never had a chance of getting any playingtime since draft night.

We all knew the fowards inwhich celebrity coach Dantoni were going to give playingtime to this season......Gallo was the only face on the Knicks 2009-10 billboard, and all Knick comercial advertisement this season.
Chandler played all 82 games last season averaging 14 pts, 5 rbds, 2 ast, and 1 blk.
Harrington was our highest scorer last season.
Jefferies became a coach favorite in the 2008 preseason.
David Lee is the only consistent rebounder on the team.

So far that is 5 fowards in Dantoni's rotation:
1) Gallo
2) Chandler
3) Harrington
4) Jefferies
5) Lee

With 5-fowards already added to the rotation, u have to add 3-guards and 1 center, which would add-up to a 9-man rotation.
Does celebrity coach Dantoni have the experiece to control, train, and plan such a large amount of players (9) in his "play-book-plan" for a 82 game season? he hav'nt did it yet in the NBA.

A rookie have no-wins in Dantoni's rotation.....Hill, Douglas, Jennings, and especially Blair, whether its the Knicks, Suns, and dont forget the Nuggets...

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Jordon Hill has not played because he is a bust. A number 8 pick plays minutes on a bottom 10 team in the NBA, if you know the game.
Why did Jordon not participate in the squad games at the combines (it would show how poor he is compared to the other top 10 picks). Lot of players taken after Hill with better teams with plenty of minutes. If your not getting minutes with this team why? Word is, not too hard of a worker in practice, no early starts, no playing late. Maybe recently someone told him to get busy, but three years of high school ball (one he had to sit out due to poor grades) and three years of college ball is all he has. Big difference with the top 400 players in the world. Doubt he will make 3 years in the league. Knicks, bad pick. You don't play your number one draft pick at number 8, come on?

dave2138

Rotation player
Jordon Hill has not played because he is a bust. A number 8 pick plays minutes on a bottom 10 team in the NBA, if you know the game.
Why did Jordon not participate in the squad games at the combines (it would show how poor he is compared to the other top 10 picks). Lot of players taken after Hill with better teams with plenty of minutes. If your not getting minutes with this team why? Word is, not too hard of a worker in practice, no early starts, no playing late. Maybe recently someone told him to get busy, but three years of high school ball (one he had to sit out due to poor grades) and three years of college ball is all he has. Big difference with the top 400 players in the world. Doubt he will make 3 years in the league. Knicks, bad pick. You don't play your number one draft pick at number 8, come on?

Patience...I'm predicting that some team will take Al Harrington off our hands by the trade deadline with Hill taking his minutes the rest of the season. Still way too early to call Hill a bust. He'll get his chance this year don't worry. I'm hoping for a March-April starting lineup of Douglas-Chandler-Gallinari-Hill-Lee.

pat

Starter
Making the playoffs even if we lose in the first round will help this team a lot.

Also, as of yet we don't have a first round pick anyway and if we play to badly nobody will be willing to give us an unrestricted first round draft pick which could land us Wall.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
ummmm first of all it says lurker already and shows i havent posted on the side regardless if i "admit" im a lurker haha....so save it.....and who cares how many posts u have, if the reputation youve made on this site is that youre a complete fool (metro)?

thanks for the love on the name tho:beer: ANDIAMO GALLO!!

Yea boy! Dont listen to H20 he's just Jets hater. Metrodick is a terrible poster, keep speaking your mind bro!

Kiyaman

Legend

u sound like Jordan Hill would not be getting steady playingtime on the teams with the first to 15th pick in the draft.
Do u actually think Celebrity Coach Damntoni would have chose "Jennings" over Duhon as a starter? Damntoni would've gave Jennings the same treatment he is given Toney Douglas.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Youth movement now

Jordan Hill is beginning to show the promise that led to his drafting. His defense is already ahead of Harrington, and while his offense is not, he has a better overall team attitude - and ironically: greater maturity.

IMHO, Douglas, Landry, and Bender should be utilized more, along with Hill.

The reduction in minutes should mostly come from Harrington, Jeffries, and Duhon - but even Gallo, Lee, and Chandler should be maxing out at 30-35 minutes per game, not regularly playing in the 40s.

I would start Lee, Hill, Gallo, Chandler, and Duhon. Bring in Bender, Nate, Douglas, Harrington, and Jeffries towards the end of the first period depending upon matchups; but more or less in the order indicated above. Bender for shot-blocking and rebounding, especially when the opposing guards are breaking us down (against tall lineups [a rarity] I might sometimes start Bender at center and move Lee to starting PF). I might also start Douglas when the super-fast opposing PGs are the starters, but bring him off the bench when they are the subs (more often the case). I would mostly play Nate at SG so he would relieve Chandler in a normal rotation, not play the point. Harrington and Jeffries would relieve Hill and Gallo, depending on whether the need is for defense or offense.

BTW, I like Douglas more than Duhon. However, Duhon is better at the pick-and-roll with Lee; which is why I would start him anyway.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Hill is getting better and it seems with every game he plays hes growing as a player, and getting better i dont feel he was a bust and i feel with the time and minutes he'll show us why we drafted him