madison-square-garden-1.jpg

nate-robinson-and-david-lee.jpg

David Lee and the Knicks
19 points per game, 10.9 rebounds, 3.0 assists, .3 blocks

vs.

hidayet_turkoglu_chris_bosh_raptors.jpg

Chris Bosh and the Raptors
24.0 points per game, 11.3 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 1.1 blocks

The Raptors are currently on a 2 game losing streak. With a win, they will reach .500. The Eastern Conference is so weak, a .500 record will likely guarantee a playoff berth.

The Knicks are currently 1.5 games out of 8th place. A Knick win and a Chicago loss will get the Knicks within .5 games of the 8th and final playoff spot.

Starting Lineups
Knicks
PG Duhon
SG Chandler
SF Gallinari
PF Jeffries
C Lee

Raptors
PG Jack
SG DeRozan
SF Turkoglu
PF Bosh
C Bargnani

Music Video of the Day
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1j7TlA50sAs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1j7TlA50sAs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Starbury Video of the Day
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kzor92LdtjA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kzor92LdtjA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

New New York

Quiet Storm
I hate The Celtics a little more today

Last night I cheered for Boston for the first time in my life because they were playing The Bulls and a Bulls loss and a Knick win tonight would have given us the 8th spot, and The Celtics let me down so I hate them even more today!

Go Knicks!

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Good game thread. I'm thinking that Gallo is going to drop a career high tonight. I mean it is Italian Heritage Night. Lol. We really need to come out with this win tonight. Let's go Knicks !

johnstarky

Rotation player
Whoa! I never knew that the Raptors were this good of a basketball team.How come people never mention them as one of the top 3 teams in the Easten Conference?

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Because the Knicks are playing the worst defense in a long time and can't hit a shot for their life. Very disappointed with this start. This is horrible.

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like the only Italian celebrating Italian Heritage night is Bargnani. What is it with these big Italians that shoot 3s better than they can dunk.

johnstarky

Rotation player
There are a few positives to look at in this performance so far.

1.The Raptors are making the country of Canada feel proud.

2.Chris Bosh will sleep well tonight after this blow out.

3.The Utah Jazz will be one step closer to getting a good first round draft pick.

4.Andrea Bargnani is shining for the people of his country on Italian heritage night.

5.The Knicks could start worrying about the Pistons at half time.

tiger0330

Legend
Never realized Duhon was that slow. I think I could stay in front of him one on one. He's got to be gone next year, D'ants of all people has to see that Duhon is 2nd rate after coaching Steve Nash.

johnstarky

Rotation player
I wish that letting go of Duhon was an option.But the truth is that acquring a replacement point guard in the NBA is a rare commodity.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Now the coach is being a D&^%

Can Douglas please come in for defense?

If you can't play Curry, Hill, Douglas, Hughes when your going down by 30 at halftime, your just being a jerk. One, fans don't like to hear all the problems a coach is having, it's like 4th grade and he can't control the classroom. Walsh is going to have a hard time. Other GM's don't want to get a player that is getting into it with a coach, and DA is growing the list every week. Robinson, Curry, Hughes, soon Hill, hey, your getting half the bench.

I sort of liked the guy, when he was trying everything and with some defense, he mastered a good December, but as I thought, he has lost this team for the year with the head games, DNP's, sitting players when they could and want to contribute. You don't even give them a chance. This guy, and his high school basketball coach brother need to head back to WV. He is not going to be too attractive to players boys, if your looking for 2010, you don't get arguments in the press and they are coming big time. Agents are making quotes, trades asked for and we are not even at the All Star Break.
Lee is driving his price up, Gallo is the only one that may develop, but not into the best shooter a pro head coach ever saw, please.

He said his brother was great addition, with all his high school experience with the young players like Hill and Lee. One, Lee had a better coach with KV at Chaminade in high school, a tad better coach with Billy D in Florida, I don't think he needs the head coaches brother with only a career high school coach. Yes, that was a quote from coach DA, wonder what the brother pulls down?

Two, I don't see our top draft pick averaging over 5 minutes a game this year. First you screw up the team chemistry, next it will be the media (and New York dishes out better than anywhere), then, like us fans, we will tune out. Watching a group that doesn't get along our has tension all over it is not entertainment. Look at the faces during the time outs and down the bench. Some are talking to each other and laughing, he has lost his troops. Curry, Hughes, Robinson, Harrington, Jeffries, Hill they are thinking about, who will I be for next year. Hill is wondering if this is it. All got miles left on them though, no, not superstars, but surely off the bench players that many teams will use. The older guys may play for a couple million, not bad work if you can get it. Look want A.I. is making, the just want to play and win.

Time for Datline, then read the boxscore, I am sure Duhon got his 30 plus minutes, Gallo also, even if they are having a terrible night. Don't want to be fair weather, but this year is getting more ugly by the week.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Taxes, nobody stays long

Whoa! I never knew that the Raptors were this good of a basketball team.How come people never mention them as one of the top 3 teams in the Easten Conference?

Players don't stay there long, 60 plus % taxes on your salary (but free healthcare like we are going to get, except NBA players get free healthcare, don't usually do not take the teams physician, most top orthopedic physicians will operate for free for their name in the paper, going to want to be a pro athlete physician, a couple million minimum, that means you pay the team and treat for free, Canada or U.S.). Even if your making 50K a year, 40% gone. Yankee's team physicians probably pay over 5 million to treat for free. Then all the normal patients say, I go to the Yankee's team physician. Sports dirty secret!

Going to Canada, is like taking a big cut in pay, no major league baseball or NBA basketball player doesn't want to be there very long, so team turnover rates are the highest.

I believe the Blue Jays one a world series, with some veterans back in the nineties, Andre Dawson rings a bell. Hockey, well they own that, but even the superstars will come south for the salary boost sometime in their career. Back to 48 hours, I can't watch. Sorry about the long rant.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Players don't stay there long, 60 plus % taxes on your salary (but free healthcare like we are going to get, except NBA players get free healthcare, don't usually do not take the teams physician, most top orthopedic physicians will operate for free for their name in the paper, going to want to be a pro athlete physician, a couple million minimum, that means you pay the team and treat for free, Canada or U.S.). Even if your making 50K a year, 40% gone. Yankee's team physicians probably pay over 5 million to treat for free. Then all the normal patients say, I go to the Yankee's team physician. Sports dirty secret!

Going to Canada, is like taking a big cut in pay, no major league baseball or NBA basketball player doesn't want to be there very long, so team turnover rates are the highest.

I believe the Blue Jays one a world series, with some veterans back in the nineties, Andre Dawson rings a bell. Hockey, well they own that, but even the superstars will come south for the salary boost sometime in their career. Back to 48 hours, I can't watch. Sorry about the long rant.

Well that explains why Tracy Mcgrady and Alonzo Mourning didn't want to play there.I don't blame them though, who would want to play in a country in which hockey is the number one sport?

duhon doesn't pass the ball to gallinari if he misses a shot. he goes minutes at a time without touching the ball. the best shooter on the team. explain that.

and lol@lee's reaction after that dunk in the 1st

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I hate the fact that we gave up such an early lead, but I do give us some props for clawing our way back to single digits. Gallo's numbers were real solid.

I love how as soon as there is a "Chandler is overrated" thread, he has one of the worst games he's had all year.

BTW anyone see the Hawks-Suns game? Crawford just hit a Game winning 3. Dude is doing magic for the Hawks.

CoolClyde

why is duhon playing at all?

Another Knick loss attributable to Chris Duhound's remarkable PG play:
37 minutes, 4 points... wtf?

David Lee: 48 minutes, 25 points, 14 rebounds, 9 assists = all star stats

Gallo, Lee and Harrington = only players in double figures. SMH

what happened to Jared Jefferies and his great defense?
too bad Wilson got into foul trouble, that guy is over-rated (wink)...

Demar DeRozan looked pretty damn good... another starting rookie we passed over, making an impact... so much for Jordan DNP Hill.

Why is Douglas sitting while Knicks are getting blown out on Dee?
C'mon D'amntoni!!!

oh sh*t, Crawford just won game for Hawks vs Suns with last second 3. that guy is over-rated too...

crap.