Knicks at Pistons 1/16 7:30

tiger0330

Legend
D'antoni is always talking about making the playoffs, let's see how serious he is with the trade deadline coming up. He has to recognize that he has a big hole at pg named Duhon that hurts his chances to make the playoffs. He needs to make a change at the position or the Knicks will have no hope of making the playoffs.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The Good: Jordan Hill held his own tonight and contested every shot his way and his defense help us get back into the game. I must say that it was neat too see all Knicks draft picks lineup at one time: Nate, Chandler, Gallo, Hill, Lee. :peace:

The Bad: ****ing Duhon is a hater, he didn't even cheer when we made the comeback. I have never hated a Knicks player so much but my dislike for him grows everyday. Its incredible how predictable how he starts the offense by handing the ball to Lee 25 feet from the basket in each possession. Doesn't he have to start the offense by breaking defenses apart? If he is just giving the ball to Lee each time up he's is not doing his job. Damn this guy is not even a freaking backup in any team.
+1

(ha, first time saying that)

CoolClyde

oh look Jordan Hill!

Knicks looked lethargic the entire game, up until 4th quarter run, thanks to N8 coming alive and the arrival of JORDAN HILL with a +17 (+/-). The rook played great, contesting shots, decent D, and looked good in the paint. Of course he clunked a few, but damn, what do you expect with no play?

How can you win when your starters can't score?
Jared Girafferies = -12 (+/-), 33 minutes, 4 points, 5 rebounds
Piss Poopon = -13 (+/-), 19 minutes, 0 points.

Hello David Lee, All Star: 26 points, 13 rebounds, 9 assists.
This man is a keeper, the ONLY consistent player on this team, and we stand a very good chance of losing him to free agency. huge mistake if that happens, Donnie!

Hey, Larry Hughes made an appearance! 8 minutes, 0 points, -10 (+/-). wtf? a waste of space, once again.

PLEASE TELL ME, WHY ISN'T DOUGLAS PLAYING????? D'AMNTONI!

Look how well Knicks played with Duhon on bench. Perhaps D'amntoni should try benching him for a few games, and see what happens?

Detroit Pissed-ons = 21 Offensive Rebounds.... game over.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Lame posters on Knicksonline hating on Chris DuDonkey. This guy is a stud. A superstar. The best PG in Knicks history. I'm telling you guys he is the reason we are Knicks fans. Sign him up to a 6 year 100 million dollar deal pronto. We need this guy as a Knicks for years to come. Forget Gallo. Forget Lee. Forget Hill. Forget Douglass. Forget Lebron. Its the Chris Dudonkey show...on your local MSG Network Baby!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The Chris Duhon Show - Earth, Wind, And Fire

Knicks fan enter the stands
Orange and blue playing for you, we're havin' fun
Turning the franchise around
lead my Mr. Number 1

Behind the back, no look pass, then finishes the night getting the girls in the sa...

Sayyyyy it's *Knicks Announcer* Chrisssss Duuuuuhhhhhhooon

Yeah he's the godfather of the citayyyyyyyyy

Women singer: Yeahhh Yeahhh Duhhhhoooon

Chris Duhooooon

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
+1

(ha, first time saying that)

Thanks!

I really liked our front court of Gallo, Hill and Lee. I would like to see this three more often in the lineup together. Hill can do what Jeffries can do in the defensive end and he showed it today. Now is time to trade Harrington, Hughes, Duhon but seriously who the hell will trade for any of them?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Doesn't look like they will be traded, but we really should just get a hungry D-League or overseas PG.What do we got to lose?

metrocard

Legend
Our starting SG played 40 minutes tonite folks.

33% FG shooting
5 turnovers
and get beat on defense.

Epic performance.

Kiyaman

Legend
Where is the BUST?

The more I watch Jordan Hill.....the only thing Hill is lacking is NBA playingtime (Hill, Douglas, Hughes, Curry, and Darko have alot of "RUST" to shake off), Hill is a damn good "role-player" as a rookie.....the Knicks have the roster that could've beat both Toronto & Detroit in a "back to back"....our fowards are to long for the average NBA oponent, we have decent versatile ball handling from Nate, Douglas, or that pick n role guy Duhorn at the point.
We should be taking advantage of "Larry Hughes" defensive presure on our oponents top two starting guards each game, we dont need Hughes scoring or a reason (Dantoni) for him not to give us 110% of his defensive talents night after night during his contract season.

Wilcox made a strong statement shooting above 70% fga in 16 minutes of playingtime with 14 pts, 10 rbd, 1 ast, 1 blk, and 2 turnovers for the win...
it would'nt have meant anything without the win...

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Our starting SG played 40 minutes tonite folks.

33% FG shooting
5 turnovers
and get beat on defense.

Epic performance.

You want to know an epic performace? How about Chris Dudonkey? The more this guy plays the more highly I think of him.

@ Toons: get dudonkey off your sig, your making dlee look bad that he has to share the spotlight with him

Torp

Benchwarmer
Even with horrible streakyness in his offense, I think I MUCH prefer Larry Hughes than Duhon. Larry at least gives us consistent 110% effort on D. Everytime a big man gets ready to back someone down, you can gaurentee larry will sneak up on him to go for that steal. You don't need to put him on for offense, since its not like duhon provides any offense on a consistent basis anyway. Bench Duhon for good, give douglas some play time with nate and larry.

And for gods sakes, start using Douglas, even for short periods of time.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Even with horrible streakyness in his offense, I think I MUCH prefer Larry Hughes than Duhon. Larry at least gives us consistent 110% effort on D. Everytime a big man gets ready to back someone down, you can gaurentee larry will sneak up on him to go for that steal. You don't need to put him on for offense, since its not like duhon provides any offense on a consistent basis anyway. Bench Duhon for good, give douglas some play time with nate and larry.

And for gods sakes, start using Douglas, even for short periods of time.
Yeah, people compain about lack of D, but then complain about Hughes' streakyness.Duhon provides nothing.Anybody guard who plays decent can play the pick and roll with David Lee.Lee is pretty much the only reason why Duhon even gets those assists.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
No game thread for todays game but Knicks win!!

Coincedence how the Knicks do amazing in the fourth quarter without chris dudonkey? great game by gallo, nate and lee.

I thought Hill was good in the first half, but resorted back to his soft and passive ways in the second half.

Overall great win, and hopefully we'll see more of Chris Dudonkey rotting on the bench come clutch time:thumbsup:

CoolClyde

game thread dead head pissed-on poop-on knicks win!

yeah man, where's the thread? ...guess this is back to back pissed-on thread...

We're at halfway point, great that we got win, thanks to N8 Gr8ness, once again taking over (twice in one game), where starters could not make it happen... I'm talking Poopon and Girafferies.

Duhound on bench again for more than 1/2 of game, yields Knick win...coincidence? 20 minutes, 4 TO's, 0 points... pathetic dog!
N8 is getting back in groove after 14 game benching with +14 (+/-), winning game with his spark, ample scoring, driving, dishing: 27 pts, 4 assists, and 1 Turnover(!) More N8, less Duhound, that is the solution.
Hell, I'd be happy to see N8 start at this point, until Poopon shows he's got SOMETHING to give... off the bench!

and why in the world is Duhon once again guarding a 6'10" G/F (Daye/Durant)...? the rookie ate him up! D'amn(toni) fool!

2nd Half of Season

N8 - Duhound - Hughes
Chandler - Douglas
Gallo - Hill
Harrington - Bender
DLEE - Jefferies

And still we wait for Douglas...

Another good game for under-rated Chandler (4 blocks were key).

DLEE, a little off due to foul trouble, was clutch with key 'bounds, and another 5 dimes. Add those dimes to his 11 points, that's contribution... All-star quality +12 (+/-)

Less Girafferies, More Hill. The Giraffe did make a decent showing in 4th quarter with offensive rebound power, a surprise jumper, and clutch foul throws...

Go Knicks!
girafferies.jpg
Hound_Duhon.jpg

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
yeah man, where's the thread? ...guess this is back to back pissed-on thread...

We're at halfway point, great that we got win, thanks to N8 Gr8ness, once again taking over (twice in one game), where starters could not make it happen... I'm talking Poopon and Girafferies.

Duhound on bench again for more than 1/2 of game, yields Knick win...coincidence? 20 minutes, 4 TO's, 0 points... pathetic dog!
N8 is getting back in groove after 14 game benching with +14 (+/-), winning game with his spark, ample scoring, driving, dishing: 27 pts, 4 assists, and 1 Turnover(!) More N8, less Duhound, that is the solution.
Hell, I'd be happy to see N8 start at this point, until Poopon shows he's got SOMETHING to give... off the bench!

and why in the world is Duhon once again guarding a 6'10" G/F (Daye/Durant)...? the rookie ate him up! D'amn(toni) fool!

2nd Half of Season

N8 - Duhound - Hughes
Chandler - Douglas
Gallo - Hill
Harrington - Bender
DLEE - Jefferies

And still we wait for Douglas...

Another good game for under-rated Chandler (4 blocks were key).

DLEE, a little off due to foul trouble, was clutch with key 'bounds, and another 5 dimes. Add those dimes to his 11 points, that's contribution... All-star quality +12 (+/-)

Less Girafferies, More Hill. The Giraffe did make a decent showing in 4th quarter with offensive rebound power, a surprise jumper, and clutch foul throws...

Go Knicks!
girafferies.jpg
Hound_Duhon.jpg
LOLLLLLLLLL

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
I believe they played Detroit's D League team

<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Date: January 16, 2010
Time: 7:30PM
TV: MSG

nyk.gif
vs
det.gif

Knicks at Pistons
-----W-L PF PA HOME ROAD STK L10
NYK 16-23 101.1 102.5 9-11 7-12 L1 5-5
DET 13-25 92.2 97.2 9-9 4-16 W2 2-8

Projected Starters:

Chris Duhin #1 vs. Rodney Stuckey #3
2377.jpg
3235.jpg

Wilson Chandler 9#21 vs. Richard Hamilton #32
3194.jpg
294.jpg

Jared Jeffries #20 vs Chris Wilcox #9
1717.jpg
1731.jpg

Danilo Gallinari #8 vs Jonas Jerebko #33
3428.jpg
3998.jpg

David Lee #42 vs. Ben Wallace #6
2772.jpg
885.jpg

Mike D'Antoni
30066.jpg

Pos: Head Coach
Born: May 9, 1951, Mullens, WV
Experience: 8 years
College: Marshall

Pistons Bench:

PG Will Bynum
SG Ben Gordon
SF Austin Daye
PF Charlie Villanueva
C Kwame Brown

Knicks Bench:

Forward- Al harrington, Forward- Jordan Hill, Guard- Nate Robinson, Guard- Toney Douglas, Center- Darko Milicic, F Marcus Landry, Eddy Curry C, F Jonathan Bender, G Larry Hughes

Team Stat Leaders

--------NEW YORK-------- DETROIT
Points- D. Lee 19.0-------- R. Stuckey 18.2
Rebounds -D. Lee 10.9----- B. Wallace 9.1
Assists- C. Duhon 6.4 ------W. Bynum 4.4
Steals- L. Hughes 1.4------ R. Stuckey 1.4
Blocks- J. Jeffries 1.2------ B. Wallace 1.0
Source of thread "still a fan" on PSD, I did not make this thread

Wow, Hughes still leads Duhon and he has an extra 300 minutes.
Wonder if Duhon will ever average double digits in points in a year?
Assist are easy when you bring the ball down every play.
Play Robinson, Douglas, Hughes, Duhon is the Knicks problem, D'Ant is the real problem starting him 41 out of 41 games. Imagine if Hughes went 34 minutes without a single basket? Think he would start the next night.
Chris does. Wonder if Robinson did not score a point and had 5 turnovers, would he start, no, Chris does. Wonder if Tony scored 4 points over three games would he start. Chris does. 30 plus minutes 99% of the season.

sawfer

Rookie
NATE ROBINSON to Smack Kobe on Friday

Nate Robinson was awesome versus Pistons! Since his 41 points in January against the Hawks, Robinson has not been so agressive onto the basketball court... he just gave us a new victory.
Furthermore, i hope he would teach Kobe Bryant a good lesson on friday during the Lakers V knicks live on Friday

p0nder

Starter
Good win for us. Should of had 3 wins in the last 3 games however. This season is kind of schizo so far. I know we weren't expecting much coming into the season, But after flashes of brilliance from gallo, lee, harrington, etc. in games against good teams like PHX, POR, ATL, etc. Those games we drop against Detroit and Toronto hurt a lot more then they probably should.

We're flirting with the 8th spot but that is just a tease. Personally I would like to see more games like yesterdays where we get our rooks and young guys good minutes to develop NBA legs. Hill was impressive in limited minutes, I think the news of Curry's surgery has the team looking to develop Hill earlier then they had expected.

Still good win and it does seem like every 1 of 4 games Nate will just go off on a team. I wish he was more consistent.