College: Marshall

Pistons Bench:

PG Will Bynum
SG Ben Gordon
SF Austin Daye
PF Charlie Villanueva
C Kwame Brown

Knicks Bench:

Forward- Al harrington, Forward- Jordan Hill, Guard- Nate Robinson, Guard- Toney Douglas, Center- Darko Milicic, F Marcus Landry, Eddy Curry C, F Jonathan Bender, G Larry Hughes

Team Stat Leaders

--------NEW YORK-------- DETROIT
Points- D. Lee 19.0-------- R. Stuckey 18.2
Rebounds -D. Lee 10.9----- B. Wallace 9.1
Assists- C. Duhon 6.4 ------W. Bynum 4.4
Steals- L. Hughes 1.4------ R. Stuckey 1.4
Blocks- J. Jeffries 1.2------ B. Wallace 1.0
Source of thread "still a fan" on PSD, I did not make this thread

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I was anticipating missing some of the game because I had a hunch the Saints-Cards game would be close. Saints are destroying the Cards lol, REGGIE BUSH IS GOD!!!

But Ill be watching the whole game, losing to Toronto didn't make me lose to much sleep because they are a better team than us. But losing to Detroit would definetely cause some alarms. The Knicks gotta win both of these.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The Pistons have been on a mini-run though.They might be starting a little something.Knicks winning would be really good.Gotta beat the teams that are "even" with his to give us some momentum.

Kiyaman

Legend
Detroit is coming off a two game winning streak, and know the Knicks only played a 7 man rotation last night vs Toronto.
Detroit started this game at tip off running the Knicks starters with a 12-6 run, until David Lee 16 points in the first quarter ended the qtr. with Knicks 24 and Pistons 23.

Larry Hughes is back in the rotation..... Nate & Hughes in the backcourt at the start of the 2nd qtr.

jpz17

Starter
Lee is a beast... he is one of the best players in the game now. 18 points in mid-second quarter? man.. if we can resign him we are golden

mafra

Legend
Knicks allow 70 points in the 1st half last game.... They score 37 points in the first half tonight.

A 13-point 2nd quarter. WOW! Is this the DET team that won it all?

Love watching Hughes-Harrington clank 3-pointers, Duhon turning the ball over.... Classic.

Again.... any time NY gets close to .500 (or 8th seed).... it's tank city for a few weeks.

These 2 games are ABSOLUTE MUST WINS, and the Knicks come out and score 39 points in the 1st half. Great ball movement (more turnovers than assists)....

I SO LOOK fwd to the passing of the trade deadline, so we can at least watch the kids play.

Last edited:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i missed the first half contrary to what i said....and i see we are down by 12 in the box....smh....please have a better second half..plz

GoD-LLiNari

Rookie
how come there has been no investigation on duhon still not only playing but starting and playin 40 minutes a game???...Seems to me that anyone else who has played as terrible as duhon and has been the reason for atleast 10 loses single handedly, would not only stop starting, would stop playin completely and maybe even cut. Its getting ridiculous at this point, its as if the coach completely ignores the fact his point guard is a drunk turnover machine!!

mafra

Legend
i missed the first half contrary to what i said....and i see we are down by 12 in the box....smh....please have a better second half..plz

Duhon-Hughes-Nate combine for 0 points (0-7 shooting), with 4 assists and 2 turnovers.

I can handle being "soft" in the paint, but this PG play is getting ridiculous.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Did anyone expect the Stinks to make the playoffs this season? I sure didn't have any hope in them even when they had that lucky mini run during the month of December.The Stinks are an awful basketball team and are at least 4 or 5 years away from being the 7th or 8th best team in the Eastern Conference.The Stinks are basically the Baltimore Orioles and Cleveland Browns of the NBA.Stink fans like myself are forced to face the ugly reality behind all of this.

mafra

Legend
I love how Chris Wilcox is dominating us tonight. Just proving that nobody is really even trying (or cares). Vets (Hughes, Harrington, Duhon) have quit on us. Their play is disgusting.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Most of those guys are playing to collect their money and earn new contracts.Hopefully Nate Robinson,Al Harrington,Chris Duhon, and Larry Hughes will be playing somewhere else next season.

mafra

Legend
Please......stop....playing....effin...duhon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta love Duhon's line after 3 quarters (0-3, 0-2 from 3-point), 4 TOs, 3 assists.

If this isn't the game where he gets beched... not sure anyone will ever be benched for poor play. Seems like Mike D only benched people for poor attitude?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Gotta love Duhon's line after 3 quarters (0-3, 0-2 from 3-point), 4 TOs, 3 assists.

If this isn't the game where he gets beched... not sure anyone will ever be benched for poor play. Seems like Mike D only benched people for poor attitude?
I should start making bets with money that Duhon will still start.

Does GALLO have to be PG?????????????????

Oh, yeah, and there is that guy named Douglas....

I don't get it.D'Antoni benches a guy because he's not taking things seriously, yet he doesn't bench somebody for making foolish plays?Even with me a being a little biased towards Nate since I'm a fan, it's not like he has poor attitude and no heart.Duhon just doesn't have it.Last season I was OK with him as the starting PG simply because he was decent and he did look for his opponents first, but now?Might as well go as far as Gallo, at the very least it'll improve his playing making ability which he has shown.

Who are the decent/in his 30s FAs this summer?I'd take Alston over Duhon.

Oh, speaking of that, is anyone else scared that the regime would be crazy enough to sign Duhon AGAIN?

tiger0330

Legend

I think Coach may have heard you, at least for the rest if this game. Don't think we'll see Dubum for the rest of this game. I don't see him getting benched long term though, n8 ain't going to cut it at PG.

mafra

Legend
I think Coach may have heard you, at least for the rest if this game. Don't think we'll see Dubum for the rest of this game. I don't see him getting benched long term though, n8 ain't going to cut it at PG.

Hughes has at least shown he might be able to handle the duties.... I would try to let him get another chance.

PROBLEM IS.... as bad as Duhon is.... He's the only guard who can run the pick-n-roll.... That says alot about Hughes, Robinson & Douglas right.

Anyway.... at least Hill looked good in "crunch" time tonight.

A rebound, a block, a few buckets.

Bad news.... Any trade value Harrington once had.... well, it evaporated.

NOw that CHI is playing well.... send AL there for Thomas (or find some PG).

ANYWAY... Duhon's 18 points and 12 turnovers in the last 5 games.... WELL, no wonder Knicks are 1-4.

Last edited:

Torp

Benchwarmer
Damn look at my man Hill with a +17 when he was in, while who else leads the negatives except none other than Duhon with -13.

And what in the world has happened to Al lately...

Torp

Benchwarmer
I should start making bets with money that Duhon will still start.

Does GALLO have to be PG?????????????????

Oh, yeah, and there is that guy named Douglas....

I don't get it.D'Antoni benches a guy because he's not taking things seriously, yet he doesn't bench somebody for making foolish plays?Even with me a being a little biased towards Nate since I'm a fan, it's not like he has poor attitude and no heart.Duhon just doesn't have it.Last season I was OK with him as the starting PG simply because he was decent and he did look for his opponents first, but now?Might as well go as far as Gallo, at the very least it'll improve his playing making ability which he has shown.

Who are the decent/in his 30s FAs this summer?I'd take Alston over Duhon.

Oh, speaking of that, is anyone else scared that the regime would be crazy enough to sign Duhon AGAIN?

If knicks sign Duhon again i may need to kill myself.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
The Good: Jordan Hill held his own tonight and contested every shot his way and his defense help us get back into the game. I must say that it was neat too see all Knicks draft picks lineup at one time: Nate, Chandler, Gallo, Hill, Lee. :peace:

The Bad:
****ing Duhon is a hater, he didn't even cheer when we made the comeback. I have never hated a Knicks player so much but my dislike for him grows everyday. Its incredible how predictable how he starts the offense by handing the ball to Lee 25 feet from the basket in each possession. Doesn't he have to start the offense by breaking defenses apart? If he is just giving the ball to Lee each time up he's is not doing his job. Damn this guy is not even a freaking backup in any team.