Ray Allen complains about all-star rules

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
QUOTE FROM USATODAY.COM:

Ray Allen would like to change the All-Star rules
By Reid Cherner, USA TODAY

Celtics superstar Ray Allen thinks those who watch the NBA All-Star Game should not pick who they want to see in the game.

He says fan voting has "watered down" the game.

Not that he doesn't have a point with Tracy McGrady and Allen Iverson on the verge of being voted in this year.

"I like the fact that the fans get the opportunity to vote and pick who they'd like to see in the All-Star Game, but I don't think it should be 100 percent," said Allen, who would like fans to have 50% of the vote and the media and players having the other 50%.

----------------------------0-------------------------------

To me, it sounds like he's bitching. The all-star game is an exhibition match, created for the fans, so why shouldn't they decide who they want to see??

Thoughts?

Toons

is the Bo$$
phuck ray allen, if he wants to be at all star weekend, go in the 3 pt shoot out. every night we have to see lineups we cant control. all star weekend is not about the players, its a gift to the fans. we see who we want to see. point blank.

pat

Starter
phuck ray allen, if he wants to be at all star weekend, go in the 3 pt shoot out. every night we have to see lineups we cant control. all star weekend is not about the players, its a gift to the fans. we see who we want to see. point blank.

I can see his point though. It is was really annoying when Yao had just entered the NBA and straight away became a starter although he was not the best center in the NBA by far. They should go back to the old mode when the fans in the arena voted for the starters. They know more about basketball and national pride does not play such an important role.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
I also can see his point. You can't keep everybody happy at once though. Iverson and T Mac don't deserve an appearance this year. If McGrady got the spot ahead of Kevin Durant, then it should be called the NBA MJSG - Most Jersey Sales Game.

Also, I think an appearance at the ASG should be earned within the year prior to the game itself.

David West and Tony Parker are great players, but did they deserve a spot over Deron Williams last year? And should Mo Williams and Rashard Lewis have been there for the East?

So I agree that fans should be able to vote, but it's gotta be true to the players who deserve their ASG birth. Altogether...... Impossible.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
The starters for the East squad:

z_as2010-T1-start5-east-2.jpg

I'm glad Ray "He Got Gay" Allen isn't a starter. Props to Iverson for getting the starting spot.

Check out the new unis:

allstar_iverson1.jpg