How good will Lee, Chandler, and Gallinari be.

How good do you feel Danilo Gallinari will be, once he fully develops?

• Better than Dirk Nowitzki

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Dirk Dowitzki

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Andrea Bargnani

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Tim Thomas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Bust

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
David Lee, Wilson Chandler, and Danilo Gallinari are the three players with the highest chance of remaining in a Knick uniform and in D'Antoni's rotation, for the start of the 2010-2011 season.

That is, unless you include Duhomo. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How good do you think David Lee, Wilson Chandler, and Danilo Gallinari will be, once they fully develop?

Here is each player's current numbers.
david_lee_2.jpg

19.1 points on 55.8% fg, 11.2 rebounds, 3.4 assists, .3 blocks
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/david_lee/index.html

Wilson Chandler
Chandler.jpg

14.7 points on 46.6% fg, 5.5 rebounds, 2.1 assists, .8 blocks
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/wilson_chandler/index.html

danilo_gallinari.jpg

14.8 points on 42.9% fg, 4.9 rebounds, 1.6 assists, .8 blocks
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/danilo_gallinari/index.html

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Lee: totally depends on where he will be. If he is on a stacked team, his numbers would be around 15 and 10. I think his defense can improve, but not by much. Playing for us where he is basically our best option is the only way he can get an enormous paycheck. His numbers would be nowhere where they are now on, say, a healthy Blazers squad.

Gallo: Somewhere between Bargnani right now and Dirk's MVP year, although I might be homering a little bit. 23/8 sounds about right. If he gets injured a little, then 18/7. Has the highest ceiling of the three. Most likely to stay a Knick. Imo, our only untradable piece.

Chandler: Again, depends. Could be a third scoring option on a championship team if he exceeds potential. His personality is a lot like Tim Duncan, real humble and quiet-ish. Only Duncan is a GOAT player.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Lee is already VERY GOOD.

GALLINARI will be GREAT.

CHANDLER has the potential to be great but he just seems a little lazy in the court to me.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Lee: If he resigns with the knicks, he will put up similar numbers for at least 3 or 4 years; after that I see his numbers decline when he loses some athletism

Gallo: I think 18/7 is very likely, longside 3 assists, 1 block and 1 steal, scoring numbers might go up a little, depending on which free agents we're going to get. Assuming we get LBJ, I see Gallo as our third option on O.

Chandler: same as above, his numbers depend on who we'll sign. His D might be more import than his offensive output, so I think his numbers will be stagnant.

Kiyaman

Legend
I already see where this thread is going....

I already see where this thread is going....

All 3-players were drafted as SF

Watching 7.0 Dirk career in Dallas.....when Playoff time comes for a 7 game series....as a fan or coach, would I want Dirk as my center? NO!
would I want Dirk as my PF? Hell NO!
The game change when it's time for the "Playoffs" where simple strategies has been used to beat the Dallas Mavericks in a series the last 6 years.
In the regular season Dirk can bring bigmen out of the paint area, but in the playoffs oponents dont care if Dirk score 50 points just as long as the Mavs dont WIN.

In last season playoffs with Cavs vs Magic, if the Cavs would've traded either player "Big Z, or Varejao, or Ben Wallace" for a 30 minute hustling David Lee, do u think the Magic would've beat the Cavs in a series?

The same question could be asked about trading "Wally or Pavolic" for a Wilson Chandler whom add something on both ends of the court.

Kiyaman

Legend
Watch all of Gallo's performance before commenting on it with all the HYPE

I like Gallo, but I dislike all his FANS and his DUM-Coach Dantoni for giving him minutes of playingtime he still is not ready for.
Gallo is a 18 to 26 minute player this season.

Gallo has to many FLAWS, inwhich none of his fans ever mention.
And all of Gallo-fans refuse to admitt that Gallo's 33 minutes per game through the 1-9 start had alot to do with all those loses. Or the Knicks 4 game winning streak started with a DNP Gallo, and a 21 minute Gallo in the 2nd game.

1) This is his first full NBA season making him a rookie, inwhich oponents screen us to take the ball to the rookie.
2) Gallo defense may block or defend 1 or 2 oponents while 6 oponents score on him.
3) Gallo dont favor the right hand in his dribble he only dribbles with his right hand.
4) Gallo do not know how to move without the ball, causing his teammates several turnovers throwing him the ball.
5) Gallo plants him self behind the 3 before receiving the ball, so u have to throw him a direct-pass where he is allowed to only move one foot to catch the pass or it results in a turnover.
6) Gallo being such a good peremeter shooter averaging 11 shot attempts per game while shooting 7 of those shots from the 3-point line in 32 mpg at 40% shooting....is a flaw.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

p0nder

Starter
1) Agreed, he is a rookie and people should understand that
2) Gallo's been playing decent defense for some time, both on the perimeter and in the paint on help D
3) Something to be worked on in the offseason, but yes, it is a limitation
4) This compounds the limitation from 3
5) This is something that develops as you play in the NBA. By the end of the season look for him to be a catch and shoot type of player.
6) I would like to see him get more touches around the basket, It is probable that they keep him out of the paint this year because he is coming off of back surgery. No need for him to bang around on the inside in a throw away year.

Gallo has a lot of potential. I could see him as a Kirilenko/Dirk type of player with some time. The handles and moving without the ball will come with time. He will develop his catch and shoot technique.

All of his limitations I see as places a player can improve on with training. Gallo has a high basketball IQ for a rookie and with motivation and determination he'll work out the flaws and will be a good player in a year or two. Right now I liken him to a younger, more versatile Turkoglu.

I will agree that Gallo is in need of development and we knew he was a project player when we drafted him. There was a set back with the back surgery, putting his development behind by a year. I am hoping that next year we'll have a 25 pt/7 reb/4 assist/2 block 2-way player. He's got a better stroke then Ray Allen and he's taller, giving him the edge on a lot of sf's that will be guarding him.

ANU

Starter
i don't want d'antoni to be the coach of this team for long.i think he's crazy overrated as a coach.

lee:david lee is ass defensively.their is no way of getting around that.i don't care how good he's become offensively, you can't expect to have a pussy in the interior and win a championship.it just doesn't happen.if he doesn't show some defensive skill soon, he needs to get dealt.preferably to portland for rudy Fernandez or to gsw for randolph; whether some think lee is worth more than that is irrelevant.he is going to be a free agent and no matter his offensively exploits, few teams would be willing to give up a pick or prospect for lee.if he stays i see 19-10 for a couple of seasons.

gallinari:imo, the only way that gallinari will have the chance to blossom is if david lee and chris duhon are gone.the guy needs to be the focal point of the offense now.he's way to skilled to just park on the three point line.caoch mike d'antoni, does not have his best interest at heart, even though some conspiracy theorist think otherwise.I'm afraid d'antoni is making him a dumber player.if the team remains as constructed now, 14-4-4 sounds about right to me.if lee and duhon are gone, i say 17-8-6.

chandler:I'm really not that enamored with chandler to be honest.i don't think he's a bad player, but i just think that if lebron is coming here, he's a bad fit.i want this team to have balance, and i think that only gallinari will be the only one who fits well with lbj.lbj needs to be the small forward of this team, though i was with th schoool of thought that thought he should be the pg,but now i believe that would be under utilizing all of his skills.

ideally, chandler, lee, hill, and perhaps douglas would net us a couple of players that fit better in return.

also, the one guy donnie needs to try and get is deandre jordan.he's going to be a free agent after next season, and he would be a great addition at the 5.

skisloper

Starter
How can one complain about the minutes Gallo gets. Remember this guy does not have a floor leader on the court at anytime to teach him anything. Put a player like Lebron with him and how much better will Gallo get. He is 22 years old and plays with a chip on his shoulder. From what I have seen he has only improved upon every weakness he began the season with.

Yes he missed key foul shots at the end of a game he did not put his head down and quit. He came down and blocked the go ahead shot and we won the game. No medal for that but everyother knicks player including Lee would not have been that focused.

Any weakness you are seeing in Gallo now is he has no superstar on the court with him teaching him the ropes. He will only get better.

I think its time to use Chandler as trade bait. I do think he can play but his spaced out look sometimes on the court is stange....there is no constant fire.

Lebron is coming next season.

Kiyaman

Legend
How can one complain about the minutes Gallo gets. Remember this guy does not have a floor leader on the court at anytime to teach him anything. Put a player like Lebron with him and how much better will Gallo get. He is 22 years old and plays with a chip on his shoulder. From what I have seen he has only improved upon every weakness he began the season with.

Yes he missed key foul shots at the end of a game he did not put his head down and quit. He came down and blocked the go ahead shot and we won the game. No medal for that but everyother knicks player including Lee would not have been that focused.

Any weakness you are seeing in Gallo now is he has no superstar on the court with him teaching him the ropes. He will only get better.

I think its time to use Chandler as trade bait. I do think he can play but his spaced out look sometimes on the court is stange....there is no constant fire.

Lebron is coming next season.

Did u by chance read anything that "Ponder" wrote......we all know Gallo have potential, but this is his first-full season in the NBA where u dont want him to hit the wall early in the season trying to grasp everything at one time (Only two players in NBA history ever done that "Magic & Bird".).
Let him learn gradually receiving playingtime in all 82 games on a .500 record team.

The Knicks should've been playing a 9-man rotation in everyone of their first 41 games...

u hav'nt posted here much so I dont know if u are a Knick-Fan or a Gallo-Fan but after last season.....
Lee, Harrington, Chandler, Nate, and slow-poke Duhon, with Jefferies & Hughes defensive effort makes the Knicks a .500 team with Herb Williams as the headcoach this season in the Eastern Conference.
Expiring contracts has alot to do with it too

Paul1355

All Star
possible futures

Gallo will be a Hedo Turkoglu....Dirk type...maybe not as good as Dirk but better defensively.

Chandler is honestly skies the limit....a better Shawn Marion for now

Hill....has some really nice post moves but we haven't seen him enough to really compare him to anyone...but he is ferocious rebounder and has good awareness but gets into too much foul trouble..his athleticism gives him an advantage

Douglas...good outside shot and tough defender...name me a PG who is as fast as him, has a shot and play B+ defense.

Duhon....either completely over rated or puts too much pressure on himself and fails...the 2nd theory is what Mike D thinks 24/7...eventually he will have to realize that Duhon is a D+ PG

Paul1355

All Star
i don't want d'antoni to be the coach of this team for long.i think he's crazy overrated as a coach.

lee:david lee is ass defensively.their is no way of getting around that.i don't care how good he's become offensively, you can't expect to have a pussy in the interior and win a championship.it just doesn't happen.if he doesn't show some defensive skill soon, he needs to get dealt.preferably to portland for rudy Fernandez or to gsw for randolph; whether some think lee is worth more than that is irrelevant.he is going to be a free agent and no matter his offensively exploits, few teams would be willing to give up a pick or prospect for lee.if he stays i see 19-10 for a couple of seasons.

gallinari:imo, the only way that gallinari will have the chance to blossom is if david lee and chris duhon are gone.the guy needs to be the focal point of the offense now.he's way to skilled to just park on the three point line.caoch mike d'antoni, does not have his best interest at heart, even though some conspiracy theorist think otherwise.I'm afraid d'antoni is making him a dumber player.if the team remains as constructed now, 14-4-4 sounds about right to me.if lee and duhon are gone, i say 17-8-6.

chandler:I'm really not that enamored with chandler to be honest.i don't think he's a bad player, but i just think that if lebron is coming here, he's a bad fit.i want this team to have balance, and i think that only gallinari will be the only one who fits well with lbj.lbj needs to be the small forward of this team, though i was with th schoool of thought that thought he should be the pg,but now i believe that would be under utilizing all of his skills.

ideally, chandler, lee, hill, and perhaps douglas would net us a couple of players that fit better in return.

also, the one guy donnie needs to try and get is deandre jordan.he's going to be a free agent after next season, and he would be a great addition at the 5.
Lee needs a Center who can block atleast 2 shots a game so Lee is not stressed on defense...but i do agree that he needs to improve but if we ever had a good Center then Lee would be so much better

I like Gallo, but I dislike all his FANS and his DUM-Coach Dantoni for giving him minutes of playingtime he still is not ready for.
Gallo is a 18 to 26 minute player this season.

Gallo has to many FLAWS, inwhich none of his fans ever mention.
And all of Gallo-fans refuse to admitt that Gallo's 33 minutes per game through the 1-9 start had alot to do with all those loses. Or the Knicks 4 game winning streak started with a DNP Gallo, and a 21 minute Gallo in the 2nd game.

1) This is his first full NBA season making him a rookie, inwhich oponents screen us to take the ball to the rookie.
2) Gallo defense may block or defend 1 or 2 oponents while 6 oponents score on him.
3) Gallo dont favor the right hand in his dribble he only dribbles with his right hand.
4) Gallo do not know how to move without the ball, causing his teammates several turnovers throwing him the ball.
5) Gallo plants him self behind the 3 before receiving the ball, so u have to throw him a direct-pass where he is allowed to only move one foot to catch the pass or it results in a turnover.
6) Gallo being such a good peremeter shooter averaging 11 shot attempts per game while shooting 7 of those shots from the 3-point line in 32 mpg at 40% shooting....is a flaw.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

you are the most prevalent and worst poster on this site. gallo is an 18-26 minute player.

I will let the rest of our fans eat you up for that statement, please hang yourself with an orange and blue colored rope. pure sadness enters my reading every time I come across one of your posts.

NYK 33 TaVe

Benchwarmer
Those options in your poll are horrible... You saying a guy who is the most elite PF in the league and then a guy who is not proven and then you mention bust twice.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
you are the most prevalent and worst poster on this site. gallo is an 18-26 minute player.

I will let the rest of our fans eat you up for that statement, please hang yourself with an orange and blue colored rope. pure sadness enters my reading every time I come across one of your posts.

That really isn't very nice. Kiya can get a tad carried away though can't he. One thing you can't deny though, is that he loves his Knicks.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened

You mean Gallinari's fans? I'm sure they'll be mad at Kiya for his statement. Knick fans? Not so much.

And Kiya is actually one of the best on this site. You, on the other hand, only just got my attention, after spending your day riding his coattails.