How good will Lee, Chandler, and Gallinari be.

How good do you feel Danilo Gallinari will be, once he fully develops?

• Better than Dirk Nowitzki

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Dirk Dowitzki

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Andrea Bargnani

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Tim Thomas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Bust

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

jimkcchief88

All Star
You mean Gallinari's fans? I'm sure they'll be mad at Kiya for his statement. Knick fans? Not so much.

And Kiya is actually one of the best on this site. You, on the other hand, only just got my attention, after spending your day riding his coattails.

Oh OG, DFDH has been posting for a long time and is usually pretty sane. But most of the board has just "fallen" for this Gallinari thing. I am trying to see what everybody sees in Gallo, but I just don't get it. Is Gallo big and athletic??? Sure. But he is supposed to be as the 6th pick overall in the draft 2 years ago. But for the 6th pick overall in the draft, you should get more than a 3 point set shooter. Gallo can't get his own shot, as seen at the end of the Lakers game. If Gallo puts the ball on the floor, he is getting his rock taken. So you would think a guy that has no handles would figure out how to get into the paint without the ball, esp at 6'11''. Nope. Gallo parks out there from 25 and if he gets a touch, he is pullin. And you wonder why the others look Gallo off all the time, BUT 25 FOOT THREE'S ARE LOW PERCENTAGE SHOTS. I can't understand how a guy that big has no low post game. NONE. And he played proffessional ball??? Than his coaches weren't ****. I realize the Euro game is different, but you have to know that a guy that big with no post game will get eaten alive by US players out on the floor. Gallo would have been a good pick in the 2nd round, not at 6th overall.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Gallo

I still have hopes for Gallo's development, but he definitely needs help on his first step and his handle in tight spaces. He stands on the perimeter -- and I believe that is what he is instructed to do -- and a defender gets in his face. He can not move unless someone sets a pick and that rarely happens. He should be coming off screens because he needs space and time to take his shot.

He will get bigger, he seems to have the frame, but he is hardly blessed with quickness and he has to improve his handle substantially in order to compensate. He loses the ball too much when he tries to drive.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Those options in your poll are horrible... You saying a guy who is the most elite PF in the league and then a guy who is not proven and then you mention bust twice.

I put Dirk Nowitzki in the poll, because a lot of people compare him to Nowitzki. I put better than Nowitzki, so that people who feel he will be
Kobe Bryant like can choose that.

I put Andrea Bargnani, because people also compare the two players.

I put Tim Thomas, because Tim Thomas is a good role player who can knock down threes, and Gallinari has shot the three well this season.

I put a bust, so that people who don't feel Gallinari will be worthy of the #6 pick could also vote.

I think the poll was fair, and the options were good. I could be wrong.
I respect your opinion.

ANU

Starter
I still have hopes for Gallo's development, but he definitely needs help on his first step and his handle in tight spaces. He stands on the perimeter -- and I believe that is what he is instructed to do -- and a defender gets in his face. He can not move unless someone sets a pick and that rarely happens. He should be coming off screens because he needs space and time to take his shot.

He will get bigger, he seems to have the frame, but he is hardly blessed with quickness and he has to improve his handle substantially in order to compensate. He loses the ball too much when he tries to drive.
mike d'antoni is under developing him.if I'm correct d'antoni's system consists of a pg and a post player running a pick and roll, while everybody else stands on the wings.if that's the case, his system is the problem.

metrocard

Legend
Oh OG, DFDH has been posting for a long time and is usually pretty sane. But most of the board has just "fallen" for this Gallinari thing. I am trying to see what everybody sees in Gallo, but I just don't get it. Is Gallo big and athletic??? Sure. But he is supposed to be as the 6th pick overall in the draft 2 years ago. But for the 6th pick overall in the draft, you should get more than a 3 point set shooter. Gallo can't get his own shot, as seen at the end of the Lakers game. If Gallo puts the ball on the floor, he is getting his rock taken. So you would think a guy that has no handles would figure out how to get into the paint without the ball, esp at 6'11''. Nope. Gallo parks out there from 25 and if he gets a touch, he is pullin. And you wonder why the others look Gallo off all the time, BUT 25 FOOT THREE'S ARE LOW PERCENTAGE SHOTS. I can't understand how a guy that big has no low post game. NONE. And he played proffessional ball??? Than his coaches weren't ****. I realize the Euro game is different, but you have to know that a guy that big with no post game will get eaten alive by US players out on the floor. Gallo would have been a good pick in the 2nd round, not at 6th overall.

You're a f*cking moron.
I want to fight you.
Give me your address.

clumsy

Rotation player
I agree that playing with good players develops you faster. It's why i feel rondo became pretty damn good

Gallinari is probably a premier #2/good #1 option on offense in his prime. Don't think he'll be a good man defender ever due to his poor lateral movement, but he can be a pretty good help. Highest ceiling for sure.

Lee has peaked in my Opinion. He is Carlos Booze. I actually like him to stay with the knicks but everybody is saying we can't get a max contract and him so trade him for picks now. His defense does not look like it will ever improve however....Drew Gooden makes sense of the Mavs cuz he plays next to Dampier....together they make 11 mil. No way we should sign him for 10.

Chandler is Tim Thomas...he can do a little bit of everything and is pretty athletic. I think that is good considering where he was drafted. He's a nice roleplayer.

ANU

Starter
You're a f*cking moron.
I want to fight you.
Give me your address.
:teeth:

I agree that playing with good players develops you faster. It's why i feel rondo became pretty damn good

Gallinari is probably a premier #2/good #1 option on offense in his prime. Don't think he'll be a good man defender ever due to his poor lateral movement, but he can be a pretty good help. Highest ceiling for sure.

i agree with this, but that's why if he is going to be a part of the future of this team, he needs to be groomed as our pf, and strictly our pf.

Lee has peaked in my Opinion. He is Carlos Booze. I actually like him to stay with the knicks but everybody is saying we can't get a max contract and him so trade him for picks now. His defense does not look like it will ever improve however....Drew Gooden makes sense of the Mavs cuz he plays next to Dampier....together they make 11 mil. No way we should sign him for 10.
its funny how everybody always talks about the ny bias, and how overrated the media makes players here, but if anything, its the opposite.amare isn't a better player than lee.aside from being more explosive, his contributions do not exceed lee's.yet the guy gets the sorta pub that the kg's and the duncan's of the game get.

Chandler is Tim Thomas...he can do a little bit of everything and is pretty athletic. I think that is good considering where he was drafted. He's a nice roleplayer.
i think a lot of us overlook chandler because he's quiet as a mouse.we forget the guy is 22.i mean, look at how much better lee has gotten, should we not expect the same from a guy like chandler? look at wesley johnson for instance.nba draft.net has him going two, and the guy is 2 months younger than wil.so what would make him better than wil? I've seen him play, and aside from being a slightly better shooter, there is not much difference.wil also has 3 years experience in the nba in comparison to johnson.but again, because he's a knick he's a nobody.the problem with this team is that we have too many players at a certain position, and not enough in others.

if we could disperse the talent that lee, wil, gallo, hill, and nate have through out an ideally sized starting 5, this team would be on the come up like the thunder and the the blazers.but we don't.our three best players are power forwards.and that is and will always be a problem for us.donnie took the bpa's according to him, now it is time to make the pieces fit.

clumsy

Rotation player
Nah i don't see Chandler ever breaking out ....he's a prototypical nba swingman. 15/5/5 and a player that gives you a decent to good defensive effort every night.

Toons

is the Bo$$
LEE IS A 4....LEE IS NOT A SHOT BLOCKING CENTER....NOR IS BOOZER, MILSAP, SCOLA, ..... THESE ARE THE LEAGUE LEADERS IN BLOCKS

Dwight Howard , ORL
45 35.0 117 163 2.6 3.57 .72
Andrew Bogut , MIL
36 32.6 79 127 2.19 3.23 .62
Josh Smith , ATL
43 33.2 94 125 2.19 3.16 .75
Samuel Dalembert , PHI
44 25.6 96 147 2.18 4.1 .65
Brendan Haywood , WAS
42 33.7 90 123 2.14 3.05 .73
Kendrick Perkins , BOS
42 29.4 89 130 2.12 3.45 .68
Marcus Camby , LAC
43 31.5 87 87 2.02 3.08 1.0
Brook Lopez , NJN
43 36.2 85 140 1.98 2.62 .61
Tim Duncan , SAS
40 32.4 75 82 1.88 2.77 .92
Chris Andersen , DEN
42 22.4 76 102 1.81 3.88 .74
Roy Hibbert , IND
45 23.6 79 159 1.76 3.57 .5
Emeka Okafor , NOH
44 30.4 76 127 1.73 2.73 .6
Joakim Noah , CHI
42 33.1 72 141 1.71 2.49 .51
Andrew Bynum , LAL
42 32.1 69 125 1.64 2.46 .55
Marc Gasol , MEM
43 35.4 70 151 1.63 2.21 .46
Joel Anthony , MIA
43 15.2 61 92 1.42 4.48 .66
Andrea Bargnani , TOR
43 34.4 59 134 1.37 1.91 .44
Chris Kaman , LAC
40 36.4 53 118 1.32 1.75 .45
Al Horford , ATL
43 34.4 55 123 1.28 1.78 .45
Gerald Wallace , CHA
42 42.0 52 114 1.24 1.42 .46
* Hasheem Thabeet , MEM

HOW MANY PF'S ARE ON THAT LIST?
GET OFF LEE'S NUTSACK

If we get a shot blockin center, and lee moves to his natural position, we cant help but win more games. Thats why i wanted us to draft hasheem thabeet....

imagine the offense and defense

thabeet
lee
gallo
chandler
duhon

then

thabeet
lee
lebron
gallo
douglas

clumsy

Rotation player
Toons i agree...But Shot blocking/defensive centers cost a lot of money....and D'Antoni doens't seem to like giving players with no scoring ability a chance.....