The Official "I'm a Frustrated Knicks Fan" Thread

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I'm SO ****ing tired of losing its insane. I mean yeah, we won tonight....against the TWOLVES. That's what Knicks basketball has come to? A once proud franchise in thee most proud city in the entire United States is excited about beating the Minnesota Timberwolves??? PATHETIC!!! We need to make moves, and make moves fast. Why would even want to make the playoffs? We'd just embarrass ourselves out of it as the 8 seed. We should be letting go of EVERYONE who is not part of the 2010 plan. Yes, David Lee included. I love Lee's hustle, but s***...we need talent. If we could trade his expiring contract to get rid of JJ or McCurry I would do it in a HEARTBEAT. We could probably get some good talent in return. F***, I just want to ****ing win already... I think a frustration thread was necessary considering we last made the playoffs when Dwight Howard was in high school and weighted less than 200 pounds...s***. F***, f***, f***! I'm frustrated. Sick. Tired. Any melancholy word can be inserted to describe my emotions toward my Bockers.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
A change gonna come my friend! The last two years were our low points but we are finally on the upswing. We are competing with a mediocre cast of players and tons of cap relief coming in the next 1-2 years. These bitter years will make our revival that much sweeter!

milchshake

Benchwarmer
it only the third time when they get such blowout, one thing hurts me so much, the other two times was with top nba teams: lakers and boston:cool: i'm tired for 10 years almost but like my home football team fans, they are with team for good and bad moments ( or little longer than moment )

LeFlume

All Star
I'm not frusterated, I was when Isiah was in charge, No matter what happens this off season, we will have the best Knicks team since 2000. How could you guys be frusterated after all we been thru the past decade?

p0nder

Starter
it's the past 10 years that make me frustrated and not having SOLID proof that things are going to get better is scary. I beleive in the plan and haveing cap room is very important, but it's still not a sure thing...

JayJ44

Starter
I don't get what there is to be so frustrated about. Obviously we've had some tough losses this year, but it's still a vast improvement than any other Knick season in recent memory. We're finally on the right track and rebuilding the right way. Even if we don't sign Lebron or Wade or anybody this offseason, we can rebuild through the draft and use our cap flexibility in trades.

Kiyaman

Legend
Stand in line

I'm SO ****ing tired of losing its insane. I mean yeah, we won tonight....against the TWOLVES. That's what Knicks basketball has come to? A once proud franchise in thee most proud city in the entire United States is excited about beating the Minnesota Timberwolves??? PATHETIC!!! We need to make moves, and make moves fast. Why would even want to make the playoffs? We'd just embarrass ourselves out of it as the 8 seed. We should be letting go of EVERYONE who is not part of the 2010 plan. Yes, David Lee included. I love Lee's hustle, but s***...we need talent. If we could trade his expiring contract to get rid of JJ or McCurry I would do it in a HEARTBEAT. We could probably get some good talent in return. F***, I just want to ****ing win already... I think a frustration thread was necessary considering we last made the playoffs when Dwight Howard was in high school and weighted less than 200 pounds...s***. F***, f***, f***! I'm frustrated. Sick. Tired. Any melancholy word can be inserted to describe my emotions toward my Bockers.

There is a very long long line u have to get in back of.....this line started growing in 1999-00, when the Knicks FIRED G.M. Ernie Grunfield. An ex-Knick player that new our city and all the in's and out's of the Knick Organization.

Kiyaman

Legend
Layden-Plan to get rid of "ALL" Grunfield's players did not work.
Isiah-Plan to get rid of "ALL" Layden's players did not work.
Walsh-Plan to get rid of "ALL" Isiah's players ...................

Some how this philosophy has'nt been working in any bussiness in New York.
Down-grading an entire company takes away the essential method of the company....the Knicks used to win on their defense for 30 years....the past 7 seasons the Knicks been "trying" to win from their offense.
The things we were built-on (our foundation) is gone in our mangement, coach, and player.

I recall a time when Fans used to say, "Walt Clyde Frazier could steal a hub-cap off a moving car", those were the daze of Knick B-Ball...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The glory days of Knick defense IMO, were when a player would see a combination of either: Starks, Big Pat, Oak, Mase, X McDaniel or even Doc Rivers standing between them and the basket and imagine the repercussions of attempting to get too close to the paint.

No other team EVER (once Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant found their niche) took it to Jordan and company's Championship team like we did. That is the sole reason why I strayed from the global herd of Bulls fans and went with NY.

Charles Oakley and X could box out a wounded water buffalo.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
A change gonna come my friend! The last two years were our low points but we are finally on the upswing. We are competing with a mediocre cast of players and tons of cap relief coming in the next 1-2 years. These bitter years will make our revival that much sweeter!

Well said man. It's going to happen. The good times are ahead of us and the bad hopefully behind. This is going to be a huge off season, which is going to dictate the future of our franchise. I have faith that Donnie will do what it takes to make this team a force in the league.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
their are plenty of things that need of be changed as far as I'm concerned.

donnie was hired as the pres.of basketball ops, and since then he's been the defacto gm; i think he needs to hire someone young and willing with a great basketball mind and eye for basketball talent as this team's gm.i want sam presti.

secondly, he needs to fire every scout on this team.don't give a shit about how long they've been with this team.the knicks have been one of the worst drafting teams in the last 20 years.

thirdly, if get mike d'antoni gets a chance to get another job, let him walk.he is not the best fit for this team, in this teams current state, and most likely for the foreseeable future.the hawks would be an ideal fit for his style of play.

forth, bring back jeff van gundy.yeah, i said it.he's got unfinished business here.i don't care on what terms he left.

also, he needs to start making moves to set this team up better for the future.young talent and or picks, to make this team a more complete team.harrington needs to get dealt, because he won't be here next year.get what you can for him.same with the rest of our power forward situation.lee, gallo, hill,at least 2 of those guys need to get dealt(perry jones ftw in '11 if no james!) i thinks that's obvious, i just hope he isn't too patient.

not trying to be greedy but, in my mind a presti-van gundy-james off season would put us in better shape than simply getting james.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
their are plenty of things that need of be changed as far as I'm concerned.

donnie was hired as the pres.of basketball ops, and since then he's been the defacto gm; i think he needs to hire someone young and willing with a great basketball mind and eye for basketball talent as this team's gm.i want sam presti.

secondly, he needs to fire every scout on this team.don't give a shit about how long they've been with this team.the knicks have been one of the worst drafting teams in the last 20 years.

thirdly, if get mike d'antoni gets a chance to get another job, let him walk.he is not the best fit for this team, in this teams current state, and most likely for the foreseeable future.the hawks would be an ideal fit for his style of play.

forth, bring back jeff van gundy.yeah, i said it.he's got unfinished business here.i don't care on what terms he left.

also, he needs to start making moves to set this team up better for the future.young talent and or picks, to make this team a more complete team.harrington needs to get dealt, because he won't be here next year.get what you can for him.same with the rest of our power forward situation.lee, gallo, hill,at least 2 of those guys need to get dealt(perry jones ftw in '11 if no james!) i thinks that's obvious, i just hope he isn't too patient.

not trying to be greedy but, in my mind a presti-van gundy-james off season would put us in better shape than simply getting james.
I'm going to reiterate this point.this season is shot to shit.

i wish we could get that pick back.
okur and our pick for lee hill and chandler.(okur makes 10.5 mill next year, but if we keep lee 11+ a year, there total cap hold would be around 15 mill)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzqghle

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
I'm going to reiterate this point.this season is shot to shit.

i wish we could get that pick back.
okur and our pick for lee hill and chandler.(okur makes 10.5 mill next year, but if we keep lee 11+ a year, there total cap hold would be around 15 mill)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzqghle

I feel your frustration and having a pick this year would be the light at the end of the tunnel, but it is likely going to only be the 9th pick in the draft and I dont think that is worth losing both Lee and Chanlder over.

Plus D Lee will likely make less than 10 mill next season, Because to preserve cap Walsh will backload is contract so the big bulk of it comes after the 2010 season.

I'd give Utah Chandler and Nate for Kover and our pick back tho! The cap saved in moving Chandler for an expiring deal would even out the rookie we draft first season salary. But no way Utah makes a deal until they know their draft position and by then the deal would have to be just for Wilson straight up.

Truth be told, John Wall looks like the only incoming rookie who could reverse our fortunes and we have no shot at him!

johnstarky

Rotation player
Why do you even watch the Knicks or have any expectations for them? This team isn't getting better any time soon.They'll probably make the playoffs some time in the near future but Knick fans have to come to the realization that the golden years of watching their team be a winning organization are long gone and are probably never returning.The day that Jim Dolan took over them was the day that they died.When a team is dead for more than 9 years they're dead for good.The Clippers suffered a tragic death 29 years ago and the few fans that follow them know that their team will never come back to life.Maybe this is the right time for fans like us to follow in the steps of those faithful Clipper fans who have nothing to look forward to.We need to learn how to let go of our desires of wanting the Knicks to succeed just like how some people are forced to give up the desires that they have for ex girlfriends.Learning how to move on saves the average fan from feeling frustrated, angry,depressed,exasperated and heart broken.Letting go of something is never an easy thing to accomplish but it is the only possible way that this emotional wound, that the Knicks have caused us these past 9 years, could ever fully heal.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
I feel your frustration and having a pick this year would be the light at the end of the tunnel, but it is likely going to only be the 9th pick in the draft and I dont think that is worth losing both Lee and Chanlder over.

Plus D Lee will likely make less than 10 mill next season, Because to preserve cap Walsh will backload is contract so the big bulk of it comes after the 2010 season.

I'd give Utah Chandler and Nate for Kover and our pick back tho! The cap saved in moving Chandler for an expiring deal would even out the rookie we draft first season salary. But no way Utah makes a deal until they know their draft position and by then the deal would have to be just for Wilson straight up.

Truth be told, John Wall looks like the only incoming rookie who could reverse our fortunes and we have no shot at him!
9th pick in the draft RIGHT NOW.their is half a season left and this team will lose plenty of games by then.

the worst teams in the nba are:

nj 4-41
minn 10-38
gsw 13-32
phil 15-31
det 15-31
ind 16-31
wash 16-30
sac 16-29
ny 18-28

there is plenty of time to for all but the nets and the wolves to be better than the knicks.if push comes to shove and gallo has to replace someone else in that deal, so be it **** it.the lotto puts teams futures at risk in gamble, so we gotta gamble in order to be great.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! so many frustrated fans....I wish we would've traded for Kurt Thomas to bring the morale-up on this team and get Dantoni phony-ash fired.

Having Kurt Thomas and Herb Williams coach this Knick roster is 100 times better than all the confusion inwhich Dantoni is bringing to the players on this team.

Very Important Notice

There is no reason why 6 expiring-contract players on a team, whom will be playing proffesional basketball next season has not orchestrated a way to stay above the .500 record this season....unless the headcoach Dantoni forbids their method, playintime, and hunger to raise their FA value together with WINS.

Darko...Lee...Harrington...Hughes...Nate...and 6th-man Duhon, the expiring Starting Lineup with young depth off the bench in Chandler, Gallo, Jefferies, Hill, and Douglas.
By not starting Curry or Darko at center in 46 games should let us know headcoach Dantoni is not the coach for the Knicks...