The Official "I'm a Frustrated Knicks Fan" Thread

johnstarky

Rotation player
What is D'antoni's phony ash? Is it suppose to be a replica of his future bodily remains? And why would the Knicks play an injured Eddy Curry who gets injured by just sitting on the bench? I don't even want to ask about Darko who is the biggest draft error since Sam Bowie.

Kiyaman

Legend
What is D'antoni's phony ash? Is it suppose to be a replica of his future bodily remains? And why would the Knicks play an injured Eddy Curry who gets injured by just sitting on the bench? I don't even want to ask about Darko who is the biggest draft error since Sam Bowie.

I can see u never seen Sam Bowie play or Sampson play before they caught a career injury.

This Knick team needed a foundation....Center...PF...SF...SG...PG...not a Dantoni-circus.
We needed a coach that can build-up the talents of Curry & Darko to give this team a center for at least 20 minutes per game, so other players can perform at their natural-position for at least 20 minutes a game.

We been faking it at the center position (Lee), PF (Jeff), SG (Nate), and PG position (Duhon LOL).

Kiyaman

Legend
kiya, you had me here, than you lost me with that other shit, as usual.

I didnt lose u.....Dantoni lost us all.
Last season was one thing, but this season we should've had a foundation in our front-court using at least one of our two weak centers to start games. Is David Lee a Center? is Jefferies & Harrington a PF? NO! NO! NO!

What was the reason the Knick organization had Curry work-out all summer to lose 30 pounds for?

We traded for Darko early in the offseason, if Dantoni had no plans of using him like Detroit, Magic, and Grizz, in their "practice-sessions" as a center to work-out with the team starting center (Gasol, Howard, and Mcdyess), than we should've traded him (Q.Richardson got traded 4 times).

Alot of starting centers in the NBA has been averaging 20 to 28 minutes per game, but they give their teams a "FULL" starting lineup to work with.
Look at the starting minutes of Dampier, Dalembert, Ben Wallace, Big Z, Shaq, Mcdyess, Barg, Tyson Chandler, and Perkins.

Curry= $10.5M
Darko= $7.5M
Hill= $2.5M
Total = $20.5M wasted this season b/c they dont fit into Dantoni's system....ha ha ha ha LOL

gregfrey1

Rookie
I agree with trillion. We have to hang in there and keep believing. the idea of accepting that this is how it will always be for the Knicks doesn't make sense. Just my 2 sense.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
We have to save threads like these for when we finally win... you can blame whoever you want for our recent play of basketball in the past 10 years.. But the fact of the matter is, OUR team-The New York Knicks have been the gum on the bottom of the NBA's shoe the past few years.. Its our job as fans to defend our team. I wear Knicks stuff everytime I leave my house. I DARE someone to talk shit to me about my team. I LOVE the Knicks, I'll always love the knicks. no matter how many games they lose PERIOD. I have faith in the Knicks... Dont ask me why, but I do. I know in my heart, We'll get this thing turned around. Keep the Faith!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
We have to save threads like these for when we finally win... you can blame whoever you want for our recent play of basketball in the past 10 years.. But the fact of the matter is, OUR team-The New York Knicks have been the gum on the bottom of the NBA's shoe the past few years.. Its our job as fans to defend our team. I wear Knicks stuff everytime I leave my house. I DARE someone to talk shit to me about my team. I LOVE the Knicks, I'll always love the knicks. no matter how many games they lose PERIOD. I have faith in the Knicks... Dont ask me why, but I do. I know in my heart, We'll get this thing turned around. Keep the Faith!

Just the fact that we are on a Knicks forum speaks volumes bout how much we support the Knicks. All of us here are the hardcore of the hardcore. But i can't hate on someone when frustration settles it. That's what losing does, but your right, we gotta keep the faith.

Kiyaman

Legend
knickzrulezH20
Hopefully Jordan Hill turns into something decent. If he does, I could care less about how this season ends up.

Hill, Douglas, and Chandler will be in the NBA a very long time if they dont bumb into any serious injuries....I said the samething about Ariza, Frye, and Balkman b/c their talent screams potential in covering two positions.
I dont like the way Dantoni is developing Chandler, Hill, and Douglas.

Just the fact that we are on a Knicks forum speaks volumes bout how much we support the Knicks. All of us here are the hardcore of the hardcore. But i can't hate on someone when frustration settles it. That's what losing does, but your right, we gotta keep the faith.

Spoken like a true "Die Hard Knick-Fan" ............

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Thats right your not a frustrated knicks fan, your a lonely knicks fan
Exactly. How could you not be frustrated? Even if we sign a max contract and Lee/Bosh we wont even have 6 million dollars to sign the rest of the 5 players that are needed to fill out a roster. We have no bianual exception and mid-level exception this year. The frustrations continue until we actually see a change. We do NOT look impressive right now and things don't seem to be looking up as of late. Lee will be named to the All-Star team most likely as well, seeing as Paul Pierce won't play because of his injured foot.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks decade of Frustration has no ending .....

I'm not a Frustrated Knicks Fan

Damn! I been a frustrated Knick-Fan since we traded for Isiah's pet-player Marbury, and then this hiring of celebrity coach Dantoni (in hope he draws 2010 star FA's) only lifted my frustration into the 4th clueless (developing) headcoach sequel.

Dantoni making Gallo the "Man" of this team (32 minute starter) turned my stomach up side down during the preseason games.
Marbury finally made sense commenting with big-jokes on Dantoni's (50 3-point shot attempts) preseason games.

This season belonged to the Knicks "Rental-Players" to raise their FA value by WINS....not to some undevelope Euro-league player trying to find his way in the NBA....Frustration b/c only Duhon agree and went along with Dantoni's decision-making...

jimkcchief88

All Star
This is a nice thread because it kinda details where the franchise started to head downhill for individual fans. I agree alot with Kiya here. The "disgruntled" fan line started a long time ago. Things started to head downhill for me when we passed on Artest for Fredric Weiss. Then we continued looking for the "Great White Hope" in bringing in Keith Van Horn. I am NOT trying to turn this into a racial issue, but its a shame a true talent like Kevin Durant is putting in work in a small expansion market like OKC while we are stuck with Gallinari being the face of our franchise.

I am not as fustrated as most others here because I don't see most of the games. I watch when on my local TV, but I am not shelling out for the league pass when our team is this bad.

Its funny when I watch other games and I hear Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy commentating and I wonder "what if" we had hired one of those guys instead of D'antoni.

Bottomline is you root for your team through thick and thin. My KC Chiefs have been bad for 3 years now, but I still get up for the games on Sundays. Our Knicks have been bad for a bit longer, but as stated above, all the sweeter when we come back. The Celtics were dead and buried for years, and have since made it back. We can do the same thing. Patience.