Donnie talks free agency and more

ANU

Starter
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/player?context=podcast&id=4867423

Donnie Walsh on the Michael Kay show on ESPN 1050.

This guy should run for office. He sugar-coats everything. He talks about free agency, cap space, bird rights and current Knick players.

Also interesting debate after Donnie about why Lebron would come to the Knicks. It's a good question. At this point, all the Knicks have to offer Lebron is New York. That's it. Is that enough?
smh.he's not gonna make any moves.i for one am not gonna torture myself with this shit.come trade deadline, and no deals get made, I'm done with this season.ain't no ****ing way I'm watching duhon for the rest of the year.

you will watch. lol
we all will watch.
the knicks will reel off 5 out of 6 in games watch.
Its what they do, they hit rock bottom you hate them , and then they reel of a streak to get you amped again.

its the nature of a young inexperienced team

I mean I know we all bitccch and complain
but realistically
our team is incredibly young and inexperienced

I think we are blaming our current squad through impatience for the last decade.

meanwhile the majority of these guys have been a nucleus for only 2-3 seasons

Reactions: pat

jpz17

Starter

This guy should run for office. He sugar-coats everything. He talks about free agency, cap space, bird rights and current Knick players.

Also interesting debate after Donnie about why Lebron would come to the Knicks. It's a good question. At this point, all the Knicks have to offer Lebron is New York. That's it. Is that enough?

Thanks!!! I appreciate the link! This was very very interesting. Donnie really knows what he is talking about

tiger0330

Legend

Thanks for the link. Good hearing it from the the guy making the decisions rather than the reporters and writers that are just speculating. Sounds like DLee will be a Knick next year if Donnie has his way and the rest of guys that are FAs will be gone.

I have to disagree with him on D'antoni not telling Duhon not to shoot because it would ruin his confidence, to me a coach should be like Gene Hackman in "Hoosiers" when he tells one of his players to not shoot unless he's under the basket alone.

iSaYughh

Starter
At this point, all the Knicks have to offer Lebron is New York. That's it. Is that enough?

Exactamundo. This is why actual initiative must be shown -- kinda like the same initiative that should have been show in the draft....

Also, even if nothing is done really, and it (proves) to be enough to lure Lebron....it's trashy management, and we'll be lucksacks if it works, still helmed by management with little clue. It seriously is like the stank of Isiah still wafts through MSG and kills peoples' brain cells.

pat

Starter
Exactamundo. This is why actual initiative must be shown

Like signing Marbury, Zach, Larry Brown, Penny Hardaway, Crawford ...

Just kidding. I just believe that the Knicks as a franchise have seen too much initiative and not enough patience over the last decade. We should definitely try to ship Jeffries and/or Curry but as of now I am all against aimless activism. This is exactly what Isiah did: all the time his statement to the media and the fans was "Look, I am doing something."

skisloper

Starter
We have had to watch these past few seasons in horror....The Isiah disaster ends in 2011 with Curry's contract coming to an end.

Donnie is confident that Lebron will come to NY and he should be. Yes Lebron is king of Ohio and its where he has spent his entire life. We all know at some point one needs to move forward in life and Lebron's time is now. There is a reason why he did not extend his contract.

The knicks offer lebron a clean slate. In 2011 Jeffries and Curry both drop off the payroll thus freeing up another 16 million plus just what we need for another superstar. We have 9 million in 2010 to sign Lee.

In 2011 we will have Gallo, Lee, Lebron and whoever is left after some of Donnie's moves and hopefully Brandon Roy to run the point with the 16 million we have in 2011....Thats a sweet team.

ANU

Starter
you will watch. lol
we all will watch.
the knicks will reel off 5 out of 6 in games watch.
Its what they do, they hit rock bottom you hate them , and then they reel of a streak to get you amped again.

its the nature of a young inexperienced team

I mean I know we all bitccch and complain
but realistically
our team is incredibly young and inexperienced

I think we are blaming our current squad through impatience for the last decade.

meanwhile the majority of these guys have been a nucleus for only 2-3 seasons
no, no, i won't.trust me.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We have had to watch these past few seasons in horror....The Isiah disaster ends in 2011 with Curry's contract coming to an end.

Donnie is confident that Lebron will come to NY and he should be. Yes Lebron is king of Ohio and its where he has spent his entire life. We all know at some point one needs to move forward in life and Lebron's time is now. There is a reason why he did not extend his contract.

The knicks offer lebron a clean slate. In 2011 Jeffries and Curry both drop off the payroll thus freeing up another 16 million plus just what we need for another superstar. We have 9 million in 2010 to sign Lee.

In 2011 we will have Gallo, Lee, Lebron and whoever is left after some of Donnie's moves and hopefully Brandon Roy to run the point with the 16 million we have in 2011....Thats a sweet team.

We don't have $10 mil to offer Lee. We have around $7-8 mil.