New York Knicks vs. Washington Wizards Game Thread 1/30/2010

Which Knick player has the best chance of being an All Star in 2011?

• Al Harrington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • David Lee

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Wilson Chandler

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Danilo Gallinari

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ANU

Starter
I love how nate comes up with the huge plays to cut it to single digits.. big steals.. and then they refrain to give him the ball..
they did the same to gallo.

gallo just CHUUCKS up shots.. do they not understand to give it to the hot hand.. do these cats want to try to win the right way?
when the knicks are down at this point in the game, they pass gallinari the ball to bail the team out.

johnstarky

Rotation player
At least the Jazz will have a nice #1 draft pick if these dismal performances continue.You got to feel happy for those Jazz fans who are very passionate about the organization that they root for.

mafra

Legend
Gallo's 3 when the game was 101-94 was ill-advised. Awful shot selection. Especially when Nate was cruising like you said. I thought Gallo had bad game tonight, hopefully he bounces back tomorrow.

Especially ill-advised when you're cold... 30% from 3 and he's chucking? Come on Gallo... I hate nights when he plays like this: takes 12 shots (10 of them 3s). ZERO offensive rebounds!

Anyway.... Now that we're 10 games under .500 we can expect the "good" Knicks to emerge for a whille. They'll get it back to around 4 game sunder .500 and then collapse again. More meaningless March-April basketball.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Nate, half the minutes of Duhon, twice the points

There has to be an explanation why Danphony supports Duhon so much

I can not figure it out, Robinson steals, plays better defense, had a chance to bring it back, but then, Duhon must go in and F it up, not one contribution in the 4th. Duhon can't cover Boykins, he gets 9 points in the fourth quarter and outscores Duhon. I believe Boykins could be his Dad age wise. I just can't see how Duhon gets 30 plus minutes. This is the Wizards without Arenas, we blow. Hughes could have even covered Jamieson, hell D'Ant had him on Lebron and Kobe, he knows his moves from playing with him three almost 250 games ,this coaching staff sucks and D'Ant is the highest paid coach in the NBA, he needs to give it back to the charity he is hawking.

Maybe Hughes get's out of the dog house after doing his month on pine like Nate in December. It's going to get real ugly, players are throwing in the towel and saying, hell with it, I am not playing injured for this guy, I already shown I can score and play in this league this year, D'Ant screwed up great chemistry in Dec early Jan. Duhon, covered Miller and Boykins, should be ashamed of himself playing that many minutes.

Prediction: Huhghes, Jamieson and Arenas back together (if Arenas not in the prison league with Delonte West) will be on the Wizards next year, if Hughes doesn't retire and the ripe old age of 30. I am sure he wised he never left for Cleveland, but 70 Mil, who wouldn't.

Salaries are going down with attendance and corporate cash, will be interesting summer, otherwise, think I will tune back in for the play-offs in April.

Stay warm boys, this is not worth a couple hours of our lives....

Out

Kiyaman

Legend
I love how nate comes up with the huge plays to cut it to single digits.. big steals.. and then they refrain to give him the ball.. gallo just CHUUCKS up shots.. do they not understand to give it to the hot hand.. do these cats want to try to win the right way?

I come to the conclusion that Dantoni is not a "Crunch-Time" coach....but then again, I been writing that same conclusion when Dantoni was coaching Phoenix Playoff games.

I'm sure Gallo's father is saying WTF! "why has'nt Dan taught my son how to be a closer!".
I'm sure alot of us is saying the samething, the 3-point shot was design to bring more excitement at "Crunch-Time" in a game.
In Gallo's first full season in the NBA....he should've been develope as a 20 to 24 minutes of playintime-Finisher....not a 32 minutes of playintime Starter.
Headcoach Dantoni is Backwards.....

Last night when one of Gallo's 3-point shots could have got the Knicks within 3 points of the Wizards (54-60), the shot was so way off I thought Gallo was shooting for the moon, and the next two 3-point shots he took were the same way.
I had to check how many minutes Gallo played before he took those shots to understand he was aghausted, and the Knicks without any screen-play design written up to block & pick for the 3-point shooter to be clear for a decent shot, mean Gallo had to apply alot of energy that was not there.

We could keep blaming the Knick-players and Duhon consistent poor performance and let the big-cheese (Dantoni) callin all the shots get no blame for the 78 losses from 128 games.
A headcoach without any strategy other than the 3-point shot and running the ball up court for easy shots...

assistant coach Herb Williams could do better than that
what are we paying Dantoni for....Celebrity Coach

Last edited:

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I watched the first quarter this morning on my NBA league pass then forwarded the game to midway through the first quarter. After the first I knew that the Knicks would lose.

I am incredibly anxious that all our plans are unravelling. There is no way that Curry can be traded and there doesn`t seem to be any interest in Jeffries from anyone - unless I`ve missed any rumours, please feel free to correct me if that`s the case -

At this moment in time the only player I would keep is David Lee - although I`m sure when my frustration at the result abates I will like to keep Chandler and Gallinari -

Get a bloody point guard D`Antoni. If you think about it we don`t have single decent point guard. Duhon is rubbish. Nate is a good scorer off the bench but he will never be able to run the team because he is too selfish, I like Nate and his scoring but he can`t run the team, and Douglas is a combo guard who might be able to run the offence but he never gets a chance.

Kiyaman

Legend
I can not figure it out, Robinson steals, plays better defense, had a chance to bring it back, but then, Duhon must go in and F it up, not one contribution in the 4th. Duhon can't cover Boykins, he gets 9 points in the fourth quarter and outscores Duhon. I believe Boykins could be his Dad age wise. I just can't see how Duhon gets 30 plus minutes. This is the Wizards without Arenas, we blow. Hughes could have even covered Jamieson, hell D'Ant had him on Lebron and Kobe, he knows his moves from playing with him three almost 250 games ,this coaching staff sucks and D'Ant is the highest paid coach in the NBA, he needs to give it back to the charity he is hawking.

Maybe Hughes get's out of the dog house after doing his month on pine like Nate in December. It's going to get real ugly, players are throwing in the towel and saying, hell with it, I am not playing injured for this guy, I already shown I can score and play in this league this year, D'Ant screwed up great chemistry in Dec early Jan. Duhon, covered Miller and Boykins, should be ashamed of himself playing that many minutes.

Prediction: Huhghes, Jamieson and Arenas back together (if Arenas not in the prison league with Delonte West) will be on the Wizards next year, if Hughes doesn't retire and the ripe old age of 30. I am sure he wised he never left for Cleveland, but 70 Mil, who wouldn't.

Salaries are going down with attendance and corporate cash, will be interesting summer, otherwise, think I will tune back in for the play-offs in April.

Stay warm boys, this is not worth a couple hours of our lives....

Out

Great Summary....because Duhon, Hughes, Nate, Douglas.....Chandler, Harrington, Gallo, Jefferies.....Lee, Hill, Curry, Darko....all 12 players should have been "Happy-Campers" receiving playingtime in a 9-10 man rotation from the start of the season to work a no-star 12 man roster into a 9-man strong rotation by midseason with all 12-players ready to contribute a strong performance (physically & mentally) in each game.

I wander while I wonder what happen to an expiring-contract team being under .500

paris401

Starter
i have never seen a player more out of control driving to the basket then zepole cannoli... out of control... and i luv at crunch time, down by 8-10, the 24sec clock expiring and they pass it to.... jeffries... amazing...

ANU

Starter
i have never seen a player more out of control driving to the basket then zepole cannoli... out of control...
lol.you gotta be kidding.what do you go blind the thousand times al gets the ball? when he gets the ball dude attacks the basket like he's being attacked by bees.

paris401

Starter
i missed where i stated al is the 'shit'... i checked and rechecked my post, but can't find that statement... please reply and point out where i was talking about al, cause honesty i can't find it... now if u are talking about zepole...

CoolClyde

Call The Zoo!

Wizzers had 24 Offensive Rebounds?!? Whaaaat?
59 total 'bounds to Knicks 40... no wonder we lost.
girafferies_pole.gif

fantastic game for girafferies, playing hurt. 17 points, 4 rebounds in 48 minutes.... wait, 4 rebounds?!? call the zoo!

another career game for Duhound: 37 minutes, 8 points, 6 assists... not total sh*t, for his tired droopy ass. but still....
HE SUCKS, and D'amntoni can't do nothin about it.
pringle_hound.jpg

puh-lease, Donnie, get us a new PG ASAP.
Mike James wants to come here, go get him!

ANU

Starter
i missed where i stated al is the 'shit'... i checked and rechecked my post, but can't find that statement... please reply and point out where i was talking about al, cause honesty i can't find it... now if u are talking about zepole...

you said you have never see a player more out of control than "zepoli canoli" going to the basket.if that's the case, than you clearly have not been watching al play.dude is a thousand times worst.

paris401

Starter
you said you have never see a player more out of control than "zepoli canoli" going to the basket.if that's the case, than you clearly have not been watching al play.dude is a thousand times worst.

ok fair enough... then i will restate the comment ..al n zepole are two peas in a pod... both r out of control... tho i will admit that al is way more of a 'chucker' then zepole...

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
actually the knicks were bustin they ass early in the game.

My fault. I confused myself. This game was horrible. Jamison set career numbers in rebounds and was on with his offensive game. Miller just flat out killed us with shot after shot after shot. Donnie needs to do something asap about this PG and C situation if we want to keep our playoff hopes alive.