New York Knicks vs. Washington Wizards Game Thread 1/30/2010

Which Knick player has the best chance of being an All Star in 2011?

• Al Harrington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • David Lee

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Wilson Chandler

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Danilo Gallinari

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
New York Knicks vs. Washington Wizards Game Thread
logo_229.jpg
logo_washingtonwizards.gif

18-27(.400) 15-30(.333)

David_Lee_saf.jpg

David Lee and the Knicks
19.6 points per game, 55.6% fg, 11.6 rebounds, 3.4 assists

vs.

jamison.jpg

Antawn Jamison and the Wizards
21.5 points per game, 46.9% fg, 8.6 rebounds, 1.3 assists

logo_229.jpg

The Knicks are coming off a 2 point loss to the
Toronto Raptors
. In the loss, David Lee had one of the best games of his early career, putting up 29 points and grabbing 18 rebounds.

logo_washingtonwizards.gif

The Wizards are coming off a 2 point win over the Nets. Boykins delivered the game winning jump shot, with under a second remaining, to put away the 4-41 Nets.

Key Matchup
key_bank.jpg

medium_new-york-knicks-danilo-gallinari.jpg

Danilo Gallinari

vs.

act_caron_butler.jpg

Caron Butler

Gallinari is one of the best sophomores in the NBA.
His 3 point shooting remains to be among the best in the league.

Butler is a former All Star who can score in a variety of ways. He is still among the best small forwards in the Eastern Conference.

Starting Lineups
Knicks
PG Duhon
SG Chandler
SF Gallinari
PF Jeffries
C Lee

Wizards
PG Foye
SG Miller
SF Butler
PF Jamison
C Haywood

Music Video of the day
<object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A_vrzuh0xKU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

Starbury Video of the day
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ta8tng8uFtw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Well at least we don't have to worry about Arenas tonight. The Toronto loss was credited to us giving them a lead early in the game and not executing the last inbound play (it was bad). But hey let's rebound from it and move on and beat the Wizards.

Oh and did anyone else find it hilarious that the Wizards wanted Rudy and Batum for Haywood. I mean what were they smoking. Portland is not that desperate for a C to trade two young talents. But then again more crazier trades have happened.

ANU

Starter
Well at least we don't have to worry about Arenas tonight. The Toronto loss was credited to us giving them a lead early in the game and not executing the last inbound play (it was bad). But hey let's rebound from it and move on and beat the Wizards.

Oh and did anyone else find it hilarious that the Wizards wanted Rudy and Batum for Haywood. I mean what were they smoking. Portland is not that desperate for a C to trade two young talents. But then again more crazier trades have happened.
actually the knicks were bustin they ass early in the game.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Right on Knicks actually looked good early before the ball movement fizzled out. Will Jeffries be playing today? I was under the impression he might mis a few from the injury

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Jamison has been beasting of late, hopefully he doesn't score the lights out today. I don't think Haywood can really contain Lee, so Lee should have a big game. I just hope Lee doesn't make Haywood look like the second coming of Patrick Ewing lol.

Go Knicks!

jpz17

Starter
For the poll I say Gallinari because I think Lee has reached his potential but Gallinari still has room to grow

JayJ44

Starter
Harrington and Jeffries are questionable for tonights game. If they're both out, we're gonna have a hard time winning. Jeffries really anchors our defense. But the Wizards have sucked this year, so we still have a great chance to win, even without them. On the brightside, maybe this means more minutes for Jordan Hill.

mafra

Legend
So nice to see us taking advantage of the schedule.... I see we're up to our old tricks.... Trying to fall behind by 20 in the 1st quarter.

I saw this stretch.... the final 8 games heading into the All-Star wknd... as HUGE.... Only 2 games seemed tough (Tor & @ CLE), while the other 6 were winnable...

MIN, WAS, MIL & Sac at home & 2 road games in WAS & MIN.

After a mini-losing streak (dropping 6 of 8; losing 3 of those 4 at home).... I thought Knicks needed to go 6-2.... Get within shouting distance of .500 (5 games under). THEN, come out of ASB and play TWO games against CHI... Win both and away we go.... Play catch up. Silly me.

Here we are 1-1, and about to be blown out in WAS. So much for us "taking care of biz" ... Forget playoffs.... now I just hope we break 30-win barrier.

You know we're losing to CLE.... NO way we go 6-2 heading into the break. Lucky if we go 4-4, right?

ANU

Starter
lol.its crazy how d'antoni stumbles unto good play from players he blackballs for no apparent reason.first hughes is not even in the rotation, than nate gets hurt; hughes comes in and plays well.nate gets blackballed for a stupid mistake; hughes gets hurt, nate plays, and nate balls out like crazy;meanwhile duhon and harrington might be just as bad as bender is, and yet they almost certainly got minutes guaranteed.al gets hurt, and d'antoni has no other remedy than to play hill, and hill plays well.

seriously, mike d'antoni wants to get fired.that's the only reason i can think of him insisting on playing his pets in duhon and harrington.

ANU

Starter
i can understand if its hill gallo chandler landry and nate that are losing all these games, but its not.its the dudes who won't be here next year that are.

Kiyaman

Legend
We been playing on hustle and individual-offense for to long

Do Dantoni have a playbook-plan other than shoot the 3-ball
Or is he saving his playbook for the 2010-11 season

johnstarky

Rotation player
As soon as the Knicks fell behind by 7 points in the 1st quarter I turned this game off.I didn't even have to watch a full quarter to realize that this team didn't want to compete tonight.

dlee420

Banned
nate

I love how nate comes up with the huge plays to cut it to single digits.. big steals.. and then they refrain to give him the ball.. gallo just CHUUCKS up shots.. do they not understand to give it to the hot hand.. do these cats want to try to win the right way?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
What an embarrasing night... How the **** do we lose to the Wizards? This Knicks team is reverting back to the 3-14 form earlier in the season.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I love how nate comes up with the huge plays to cut it to single digits.. big steals.. and then they refrain to give him the ball.. gallo just CHUUCKS up shots.. do they not understand to give it to the hot hand.. do these cats want to try to win the right way?

Gallo's 3 when the game was 101-94 was ill-advised. Awful shot selection. Especially when Nate was cruising like you said. I thought Gallo had bad game tonight, hopefully he bounces back tomorrow.