Mike James wants to be a Knick

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
Mike James Wants To Play For Knicks

Jan 31, 2010 10:35 AM EST
James_Mike_noh.jpg
Wizards guard Mike James told the New York Post on Saturday that he wants to play for the Knicks.
James is hoping that Washington can find a new home for him prior to the Feb. 18 trade deadline and his expiring contract is appealing to New York.
He has appeared in just three games this season, even with Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton suspended for the rest of the year.
"This isn't how I envisioned it," James said. "I want to get out of here. The coach [Flip Sanders] never had me in his plans. I could see [sitting me] if we're winning, but you can't tell me I can't help now."
James played high school basketball at Amityville in New York.

article came from this link..
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64382/20100131/mike_james_wants_to_play_for_knicks/

how should The Knicks respond to this??

ANU

Starter
I'm only interested if mcgee is included in the deal.we have nate and douglas.if its al for james and mcgee, then i'd do it.other than that, we have no use for james, but but i will commend him for wanting to play here.

smokes

Huge Member
Damn you for making this thread first and not coming up with a teasing thread title... "JAMES SAYS HE WANTS TO PLAY IN NEW YORK!" was begging to be used :lol:

New New York

Quiet Storm
I would love for Mike James to be a Knick! That because his contract matches perfectly with Jared Jefferies', who by the way had the best game I have ever seen him have! I could certainley see a use for him with the Wizards

CoolClyde

yessiree

i say yes, trade Jefferies for James. this season is starting to smell real bad, thanks to doo-doo's incompetence, no-confidence play. Mike James would be a major upgrade to PG position, has an expiring contract, and we'd lose Jefferies 6M salary for 2010-2011. Is this not ideal? deal donnie deal!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
His contract matches Jefferies right down to the dollar. Easy trade for both teams, and Washington has expressed interest in Jefferies.

Whether or not they can void Arenas' contract plays a massive part.

tiger0330

Legend
A seemingly no big deal trade like Jeffries for James might be huge if it frees up enough money to sign DLee. Don't know how the rest of you feel but to me a STAR minus DLee team is not much better than what we have today.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Washington has expressed interest in Jefferies.

You sure about that one? I'd need to see a source to buy that one. Washington is trying to become players in the free agent market in 2010, so are you sure they'd be willing to take on another year of a 6 million dollar commitment for player that isn't going to help them win? Not to mention they don't exactly have any reason to take on Jeffries to help them win this year, considering they aren't even in the playoff picture. This will probably not happen.

New New York

Quiet Storm
You sure about that one? I'd need to see a source to buy that one. Washington is trying to become players in the free agent market in 2010, so are you sure they'd be willing to take on another year of a 6 million dollar commitment for player that isn't going to help them win? Not to mention they don't exactly have any reason to take on Jeffries to help them win this year, considering they aren't even in the playoff picture. This will probably not happen.

The Wizards are sitting at 53.3 million dollars in contracts -and thats if they only sign Randy Foye for the Qualifying Offer- so if the caps comes in at the highest projected figure of 54 million that would put them just 700k under the cap

unless they trade Jamison and Butler for expiring deals that is the only way they become 2010 FA players, but who wants to come to Washington then?! I mean if they did that they would have more holes to fill then us and with less money!

I dont know if The Wizards are actually interested in Jefferies or not, but with Gilbert's court appearence coming after the trade deadline -meaning no chance they deal him by feb 18- and 25 million dollars in expiring deals, if The Wizards make moves it will be them trading expiring contracts for longer term deals and the fact that Jefferies only occupies one more year on his deal after this one it could be considered a low risk move for Washington.

And no trade Washington makes this season will change the fate of their season, any move they make would be in the interest of improving next year!

Still not to say this deal will get done

ANU

Starter
i'd gladly grant them cap space if they run that pick.gimme that wall turner backcourt and all is gravy(or wall aldrich).other than that, pass.

Last edited:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Washington is one of the few teams I could see taking Jeffries. Himf or James straight up would be fine, although I'd throw in something for McGee as well if it were likely

jpz17

Starter
How is he that much of an upgrade to Duhon?

He can't even get playing time on the Wizards.. He is old.. He seems to have a history of injuries.. and assists? Forget about it.

ANU

Starter
Duhon is a solid backup point guard. I will forever stand by that statement. Stop using him as your scapegoat. When you insult him, you insult the team. The only exception was Jerome James and Frederick Weis
:teeth::teeth::teeth:

p0nder

Starter
the value of the trade is all in James' expiring contract and how well it matches jeffereies contract. I don't think James is THAT huge upgrade at PG that we need, but this deal represents another ~7 mill off the books for the FA market this summer for the Knicks.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
the value of the trade is all in James' expiring contract and how well it matches jeffereies contract. I don't think James is THAT huge upgrade at PG that we need, but this deal represents another ~7 mill off the books for the FA market this summer for the Knicks.
Which may mean an upgrade at the point guard position once we hit free agency. That extra cap space is crucial to our future success. More so than finding a temporary upgrade for Duhon.