D'Antoni should not be coaching in the NBA

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

tiger0330

Legend
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/new_starting_point_mwFKCo6AKZ7LJFNFGvudVN

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

you can't make this shit up.I'm done with this season.see you fellas in the off season.......
F***ing D'Antoni, what is with this dude's decisions. Why did he even bother making N8 the starting PG, N8s game hasn't changed the last time I checked. I would have had more respect for him if he stuck with his guns and said N8 is not a PG rather than start him for 2 games and do a 180 and demote him again.

Paul1355

All Star
People wake up...the fact that Mike D still sees skill in Jeffries and Duhon is sad on all levels. The only excuse is that he is obsessed with the idea that rookies need to sit on the bench and veterans should always start no matter how bad they are.

I don care if Nate has 5 turnovers a game....he helps this team more than Duhon has this entire year! How can you bench Nate for 14 games straight and then start him...Mike D is the most confused coach in the NBA. He can not figure out his players for shyt. How long did it take him to start writing up plays for Gallo? And now Gallo is playing like garbage and Mike D plays him over 30 min a game still. Bench the guys that are having these horrible shooting streaks and play guys who actually WANT to play.

skisloper

Starter
People wake up...the fact that Mike D still sees skill in Jeffries and Duhon is sad on all levels. The only excuse is that he is obsessed with the idea that rookies need to sit on the bench and veterans should always start no matter how bad they are.

I don care if Nate has 5 turnovers a game....he helps this team more than Duhon has this entire year! How can you bench Nate for 14 games straight and then start him...Mike D is the most confused coach in the NBA. He can not figure out his players for shyt. How long did it take him to start writing up plays for Gallo? And now Gallo is playing like garbage and Mike D plays him over 30 min a game still. Bench the guys that are having these horrible shooting streaks and play guys who actually WANT to play.

You guys amaze me with the constant whinning. Look at the Nets and tell me how much more talent the Knicks have ..........You speak of Lopez well he is one of those Nets.......They have a true point guard in Harris and they cannot win..........

Maybe its time to stop complaining and realize D'Antonio took a job knowing he would have to eat crap for 2 years..........

Lets wait until next season to see where we stand. I guess if Lebron chooses NY it will have zero to do with a coach he admires leading him on the bench.

We have waited this long and sat through the Isiah Disaster why not just be patient...

As for Jeffires playing time lets not be foolish.........He is having his best season yet and this may allow us to get rid of him.........Remember that clears up close to 6 million more.....

That leave enough for a MAX contract and 14-15 million more to spend. Then Curry comes off the next year and we have another 11 million..........Translates........to Lebron, Lee and enough the following season for another MAX contract,,,,,,,,,,,,

You all knew this was the case when he was hired so why Bitch and Moan.........Just maybe he is making the best of a bad situation.

Reactions: pat

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
You guys amaze me with the constant whinning. Look at the Nets and tell me how much more talent the Knicks have ..........You speak of Lopez well he is one of those Nets.......They have a true point guard in Harris and they cannot win..........

Maybe its time to stop complaining and realize D'Antonio took a job knowing he would have to eat crap for 2 years..........

Lets wait until next season to see where we stand. I guess if Lebron chooses NY it will have zero to do with a coach he admires leading him on the bench.

We have waited this long and sat through the Isiah Disaster why not just be patient...

As for Jeffires playing time lets not be foolish.........He is having his best season yet and this may allow us to get rid of him.........Remember that clears up close to 6 million more.....

That leave enough for a MAX contract and 14-15 million more to spend. Then Curry comes off the next year and we have another 11 million..........Translates........to Lebron, Lee and enough the following season for another MAX contract,,,,,,,,,,,,

You all knew this was the case when he was hired so why Bitch and Moan.........Just maybe he is making the best of a bad situation.

Agreed with most of what your saying...can't understand the constant bitching...we knew we would suck guys! just look at our roster!

OGKnickfan

Enlightened

Hey, new jack, Lopez is a top center, period. The fact that his team has essentially no scoring has nothing to do with his dominance as a big. He blocks shots, intimidates penetration, is able to muscle bigs out of the paint, can post up and shoot. We haven't had anyone that fits that description since Patrick Ewing, and we know what he did for us.

As I, and others, have said, we need a big to win in this league, to correct defensive mistakes, set strong picks, get easy buckets, etc. It's not about the 1. We had a top PG: Stephon Marbury. It didn't save us from being nailed nightly.

Anyone with a memory knows that our team looked promising, back when we had a competent center: Nazr Mohammed, and Lenny Wilkens as our coach. The minute our team was torn apart, because of a losing streak, the vacuum in the middle was created and the team became a perennial piece of trash.

Until we strengthen the middle, not with experiments, like Milicic, Hill or any other unproven individual, but with a proven center, we will continue to suck. If you don't get that, you'll be very surprised when 2010 fails to fulfill your dreams of a championship contender: even Lebron James, if our center position is trash, will fail to make us an elite team.

And D'Antoni's weird behavior is giving him a reputation that any employee, when seeking a job, would avoid like the plague. Good luck at using the benchings, lack of communication skills, lying etc., as a means to attracting guys that basically have their pick of teams to play for.

Paul1355

All Star
Hey, new jack, Lopez is a top center, period. The fact that his team has essentially no scoring has nothing to do with his dominance as a big. He blocks shots, intimidates penetration, is able to muscle bigs out of the paint, can post up and shoot. We haven't had anyone that fits that description since Patrick Ewing, and we know what he did for us.

As I, and others, have said, we need a big to win in this league, to correct defensive mistakes, set strong picks, get easy buckets, etc. It's not about the 1. We had a top PG: Stephon Marbury. It didn't save us from being nailed nightly.

Anyone with a memory knows that our team looked promising, back when we had a competent center: Nazr Mohammed, and Lenny Wilkens as our coach. The minute our team was torn apart, because of a losing streak, the vacuum in the middle was created and the team became a perennial piece of trash.

Until we strengthen the middle, not with experiments, like Milicic, Hill or any other unproven individual, but with a proven center, we will continue to suck. If you don't get that, you'll be very surprised when 2010 fails to fulfill your dreams of a championship contender: even Lebron James, if our center position is trash, will fail to make us an elite team.

And D'Antoni's weird behavior is giving him a reputation that any employee, when seeking a job, would avoid like the plague. Good luck at using the benchings, lack of communication skills, lying etc., as a means to attracting guys that basically have their pick of teams to play for.

:agreed:yup i def agree with u

Paul1355

All Star
The bottom line

the problem is that we could have won so many games if it were not for Mike D's philosophy that these sucking players will eventually get our of their funks and play better.....everything the fans say is the solution and Mike D does not make a move until the season is almost over and we are out of the playoffs.

Don't you get frustrated watching bum players getting over 30 min a game? Because I am. We have decent players on the bench that are not being used.

And how long did we just chuck up shots until we realized that we are a better team when we drive towards the hoop and draw fouls?

I feel like whoever is not upset just hasn't watched enough Knick games to understand.

Look skisloper...if you've watched enough knick games then you should have some frustration whether its the substitution methods by Mike D, the lack of play by these players, the inconsistency that has been prevalent since Mike D came here, or the fantastic games like when we lost by 50 to the Dallas mavericks or better yet getting blown out by the Minnesota Timberwolves, I have a long list of horrible moments.....Do you know how many records have been set by other teams and players because of this Knicks joke of a team???

I am just tired of the boo's and the problem is that they could have been avoided so many times if Mike D would just play certain guys in certain situations. Mike D never strategies against the opposing teams weaknesses...he has plan A and sticks with it no matter what and Plan A has sucked. period.

Whoever thinks that Duhon and Jeffries are starters is not a good coach, he is a political coach with favorites. He needs great players to succeed.
Everything we say on this site, honestly, Mike D does not realize until a month later. His fans have more common sense than he does...its sad.

skisloper

Starter
the problem is that we could have won so many games if it were not for Mike D's philosophy that these sucking players will eventually get our of their funks and play better.....everything the fans say is the solution and Mike D does not make a move until the season is almost over and we are out of the playoffs.

Don't you get frustrated watching bum players getting over 30 min a game? Because I am. We have decent players on the bench that are not being used.

And how long did we just chuck up shots until we realized that we are a better team when we drive towards the hoop and draw fouls?

I feel like whoever is not upset just hasn't watched enough Knick games to understand.

Look skisloper...if you've watched enough knick games then you should have some frustration whether its the substitution methods by Mike D, the lack of play by these players, the inconsistency that has been prevalent since Mike D came here, or the fantastic games like when we lost by 50 to the Dallas mavericks or better yet getting blown out by the Minnesota Timberwolves, I have a long list of horrible moments.....Do you know how many records have been set by other teams and players because of this Knicks joke of a team???

I am just tired of the boo's and the problem is that they could have been avoided so many times if Mike D would just play certain guys in certain situations. Mike D never strategies against the opposing teams weaknesses...he has plan A and sticks with it no matter what and Plan A has sucked. period.

Whoever thinks that Duhon and Jeffries are starters is not a good coach, he is a political coach with favorites. He needs great players to succeed.
Everything we say on this site, honestly, Mike D does not realize until a month later. His fans have more common sense than he does...its sad.

So basically what you are saying is that you are better coach then D"antonio. Not only are you questioning his moves but you actually believe that you a better game plan then he does........... I am sorry but I would have to put my koney on D"antonio and not you.

Listen I am a die-hard fan and like you have hated many of the moments of the season and YES I too question what D'antonio has done. I also questioned what Larry Brown did but now he has a team that seems to be playing very good ball. My point is these coaches know better then us what they are doing.....

Listen after each game I see Jennings stats and cannot beleive with a simple pick of him in the draft we would have our point guard for years to come. This kills but you know what it is what it is....

BTW ( not u ) I was not putting Lopez down but the talent on the Nets is not so much worse on the Knicks...Yet we manage to stay competitive at times and have posted a decent amount of wins...

I never in a million years thought we would be a play-off team this year and this has not changed....We have the same team we had last year....Yes we could have Jennings and that would have made a difference.....

What blows me away is a guy who has a huge winning record as an NBA coach, Coached Team USA and now has been handed a losing mentality in NY with the same players is being blamed and on this board saying he should be fired...Have a little faith....

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/new_starting_point_mwFKCo6AKZ7LJFNFGvudVN

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

you can't make this shit up.I'm done with this season.see you fellas in the off season.......

Duhon back starting? And also as a what? How can he demote Robinson so quick?

This is by far the most bizarre and clueless coach in Knicks history, I ****ing wish Hughes pulls a Spreewell and chokes the hell out this bitch!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

I agree. There is no exuse for D'Anphony playing Chris Duhomo and Jared Jeffries in the starting lineup.

Nate Robinson >>>>>> Duhomo

Jordan Hill >>> Jared Giraffries

And as for D'Anphony inheriting a losing team, it is partially his fault why the team is where it is at.

Had the Knicks gotten Brook Lopez, they would have low post scoring, shotblocking, and a bigman that can shoot midrange jumpers and rise over his opponents for easy dunks.

A lineup of PG Robinson SG Chandler SF Harrington PF Lee C Lopez is greater than a lineup of PG Duhomo SG Chandler SF Gallinari PF Jeffries C Lee.

Let's give you a closer look at the difference:
PG Robinson 15 ppg, 4 assists
SG Chandler 15 ppg, 5 rebounds
SF Harrington 18 ppg, 5 rebounds
PF Lee 19 ppg, 11 rebounds, 3 assists
C Lopez 19 ppg, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 assists, 82% FT

PG Duhomo 8 points, 33% fg, 6 assists, 2 turnovers, 72% FT
SG Chandler 15 ppg, 5 rebounds
SF Gallinari 14 ppg, 5 rebounds
PF Jeffries 5 points, 44% fg, 1 block, 62% FT
C Lee 19 ppg, 11 rebounds, 3 assists

The lineup D'Anphony used for the first half of the season makes the Knicks a liability on offense, with Duhomo and Jeffries, and it makes the Knicks a liability on defense with Lee at center.

The Knicks are 51-81 with D'Anphony(.386). Like I said before, D'Anphony has to prove himself, because his current record with the Knicks is far from impressive.

ANU

Starter
Duhon back starting? And also as a what? How can he demote Robinson so quick?

This is by far the most bizarre and clueless coach in Knicks history, I ****ing wish Hughes pulls a Spreewell and chokes the hell out this bitch!
:teeth::teeth:

Paul1355

All Star
So basically what you are saying is that you are better coach then D"antonio. Not only are you questioning his moves but you actually believe that you a better game plan then he does........... I am sorry but I would have to put my koney on D"antonio and not you.

Listen I am a die-hard fan and like you have hated many of the moments of the season and YES I too question what D'antonio has done. I also questioned what Larry Brown did but now he has a team that seems to be playing very good ball. My point is these coaches know better then us what they are doing.....

Listen after each game I see Jennings stats and cannot beleive with a simple pick of him in the draft we would have our point guard for years to come. This kills but you know what it is what it is....

BTW ( not u ) I was not putting Lopez down but the talent on the Nets is not so much worse on the Knicks...Yet we manage to stay competitive at times and have posted a decent amount of wins...

I never in a million years thought we would be a play-off team this year and this has not changed....We have the same team we had last year....Yes we could have Jennings and that would have made a difference.....

What blows me away is a guy who has a huge winning record as an NBA coach, Coached Team USA and now has been handed a losing mentality in NY with the same players is being blamed and on this board saying he should be fired...Have a little faith....
Mike D angers me with his questionable moves but I don't think he should be fired because his main achievement is making this team a "team oriented" team when we were the most selfish team in basketball when Crawford, Randolph and Curry were starting.

I knew Mike D would improve the team, which he has done. But along the way its as if he doesnt care about wins or losses until it mounts up to the point were he has to change things.

He will start guys that have been playing so bad until he goes on a horrible losing streak....his strategies last for a week and then fade out. I seriously think he is over rated because a "brilliant offensive mind" would have realized by now that Duhon and Jeffries ruin your chance for an offensive game. Duhon has shot under 35% most of the season..and under 30 % for half of it. jeffries in the starting five is like having only 4 offensive players because Jeffries is embarissing to watch on offense.

I hope that next year, with less one year contracts and having Douglas and Hill developed, that he will realize who actually contributes and who doesn't. He is wasting Douglas, Bender, Hughes and Hill all season. A waste.