PG Problem will be Solved if....

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Our PG problem will be solved if we sign Lebron! I wrote this weeks ago in response to the PG problem thread: (I should be an NBA coach! :cool:)

If we get Lebron, why not start him at PG? He likes to dominate the ball anyway and would cause horrific match up problems for opposing teams:

PG- Lebron
SG- Chandler
SF- Harrington
PF- Gallo
C- Lee

(That's if we only get Lebron and resign Lee in the off season)

Now that the Cavs have started Lebron at PG and he dropped 36 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds it's clear he can be the Knicks Magic Johnson. The guy is the Knicks one and only hope at saving us from more years in the abyss. The fact that he can run the point makes it even more likely he signs with the Knicks because we have a solid core of young role players that would compliment Lebrons game nicely. Combine that with Dant's PG heavy offensive scheme and Lebron must be jumping at the chance to play in our system at PG in the biggest basketball market in the world.

The plan is simple...trade Jefferies, sign Lebron and resign Lee. If you can accomplish that, more cap relief comes in 2011 and veterans will flock to NY to ride the Lebron train to glory. At that point we need to get a young big like Deandre Jordan, Marc Gasol or even Sean Williams. My ideal 2011 lineup:

PG- Lebron
SG- Rudy Fernandez (i'll settle for Chandler but think we can pick this dude up)
SF- Gallo
PF- Lee
C- M. Gasol

At various times during his career, LeBron James has been compared to both Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson.

There are statistics, highlights and comments from esteemed observers that back it up. It makes for nice arguments and comparisons. But rarely is it pointed out that James can play, at times, like both Hall of Famers within the same game.

He had such a game Thursday night when the Cavs extended their winning streak to 10 games with another rout, this one 102-86 over the fading Miami Heat.

James always handled the ball a great deal. But over the last three weeks, with both Mo Williams and Delonte West out with injuries, he's played stretches of each game truly at point guard. Against the Heat, though, he really did a Magic impression when he started at point guard.

That was the first time it's happened since James was a rookie and the then dreadful Cavs were at the start of their rebuilding process and trying to fit their No. 1 overall pick in with wings Ricky Davis and Darius Miles.

"I haven't played this much point guard since my first or second year in the league when I had to really dominate the ball for us to be successful," James said. "So it isn't something I'm used to but it is something I can do."

This time James was pressed into duty because Daniel Gibson was at the hospital with his fianc?e, R&B singer and reality show star Keyshia Cole (who says there isn't glamour in Cleveland). It turned out to be false labor, but at tip off Gibson, who has been filling in nicely at point guard, was still thinking he may become a father on this night.

So into the point guard spot went James, the Cavs' de-facto fourth-string point guard for this night.

He didn't play like a fourth-stringer, leading the Cavs offense by putting up eight assists by repeatedly setting up big men J.J. Hickson (12 points) and Shaquille O'Neal (13). He got the Cavs into sets when in transition, their so-called "early" offense that is vital for a team whose weakness is getting bogged down in the halfcourt.

He has been doing this effectively for awhile now, actually giving up some shots so the offense can run better. In the eight games Williams has been out -- West has been out seven of them -- James is averaging 10.1 assists, indeed Magic-type numbers.

"I make a sacrifice on my shot attempts for us to get easy baskets, for us to push the ball and get into our sets," James said. "Right now, I'm just trying to will us to some wins."

But that wasn't it. There was the Jordan aspect, too. It will never be totally fair to compare James to Jordan, they come from different eras, play differently and Jordan still has six titles on him. That often can cut the conversation short. But just like with Magic, James has some striking similarities and he's showed it in a big game against a major rival, Dwyane Wade.

While being an effective point guard, James regularly dipped into his more familiar Jordan-esque qualities. He scored 36 points on 9-of-16 shooting, doing it with brute force at times. Since Jan. 1, James is averaging 30.5 points a game, indeed Jordan-type numbers.

With O'Neal battling a headache for much of the first half, James had to take control and be aggressive. He bulled his way into the paint and challenged the Heat big men, drawing foul after foul. When it was over, he had made 17-of-21 free throws and beat Wade at his own game.

Then in the fourth quarter when the Heat were attempting to block his paths, James started hitting mid-range jumpers. He nailed four of them in the stretch run to turn the game into a blowout, reminding the Heat that he's shooting a career-best 51 percent this season for a reason.

"He gets better every year," said Wade, who had 24 points and nine assists as the Heat lost for the fifth time in six games, of his friend and rival.

"It seemed like he didn't miss a shot. He was very aggressive and very accurate. He's playing phenomenally, he's playing MVP basketball. That's what you expect out of him."

Doing it part Magic and part MJ, two MVPs themselves.

James can see it, not that he'll talk directly about it. He just knows that when he's playing point guard and the Cavs are using a super big lineup with Anthony Parker at 6-6, Jamario Moon or Jawad Williams both at 6-8 and big men Anderson Varejao and O'Neal the Cavs are as long as any team in the league. Or, as some of those Magic and Michael title teams.

"When I'm out there at the "1", that's an unbelievable lineup to have that type of size," James said. "It's kind of like when the Bulls had (Ron) Harper starting at the "1" with MJ or the Lakers had when Magic was out there with (Michael) Cooper and (James) Worthy. Any time you can have that kind of size advantage, it's good."

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
BTW, I find it fitting that Lebron started at PG for the first time in years while wearing the Cavs throwback that happens to be orange and blue! I hope that is a glimpse of whats to come!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
BTW, I find it fitting that Lebron started at PG for the first time in years while wearing the Cavs throwback that happens to be orange and blue! I hope that is a glimpse of whats to come!

I thought precisely the same thing.

Still, we're yet to see Lebron play with a pure PG. If we were to have that opportunity here in NY, it'd be a far better scenario and would be now for Cleveland.

LBJ is essential to have within 8 feet of the basket as much as possible on defense. Blocks + D + boards + intimidation + deflections.

Without a competent PG to receive the ball going in to a break or transition, James' unparalleled foot speed is immediately hindered if he has to take on the role of receiving the initial pass off a rebound, TO, deflection whatever. Keep that boy on the wing and have a fast moving little man open the floor.

Showtime returns to the NBA.

His numbers seem to remain the same at the 1, but his game becomes instantly more predictable and considerably slowed.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Damn Lebron averages 11.6apg the last 5 games and 8.2apg for the seasson. His lowest assists for a game this seasson was 4 and only happened few times. If we get him we dont need a CP3 type a PG but one that can shoot and put 5-6 assist average.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks never had any PG problems this season....the Knicks have a poor head coaching problem.

Toney Douglas is a great STEAL out of the draft, he is a decent combo-guard in the NBA (deserve playingtime).

Nate Robinson speed and creativabilty to score is a great transition combo-guard in the NBA.

Larry Hughes is still one of the top-5 defensive guards in the NBA, who happen to be a great transition combo-guard with 12 years of experience under his belt.

Duhon is a decent pass-first PG when his legs are fresh and minutes are short.

Where do u see a PG problem in having the above guards?
Our problem lies in not having a scoring Big SG...

iSaYughh

Starter
Love this idea and plan. Trill was/is right on the $. I personally love:

C Hill
PF Lee
SF Gallo
SG Chandler
PG Lebron

6th Man -- Douglas

It truly is relatively easy, too.

Jeffries is playing well. N8 is playing well. Harrington is playing OK and has numbers. If Walsh honestly can't trade Jeffries to a contending team, and throw in N8/Harrington/picks...if he can't get it done. It will simply be an epic-fail of profound proportions.

Assuming he is able to perform that which is well within the realm of possibility, we simply sign Lee, and offer Lebron the above starting 5, with Douglas as our 6th man.

We then pray that + NYC is enough. I think it is, and will be. We then have Curry's expiring the next year, too.

Last edited:

gavo

Rookie
what about the defensive end?
Lebron should guard CP3, Deron W., Rondo, Parker, Ellis, Westbrook...
uhm...too tiring
LBJ will have the ball in his hands anyway

Kiyaman

Legend

C Hill
PF Lee
SF Gallo
SG Chandler
PG Lebron

6th Man -- Douglas

Jeffries is playing well. N8 is playing well. Harrington is playing OK and has numbers. If Walsh honestly can't trade Jeffries to a contending team, and throw in N8/Harrington/picks...if he can't get it done. It will simply be an epic-fail of profound proportions.

Assuming he is able to perform that which is well within the realm of possibility, we simply sign Lee, and offer Lebron the above starting 5, with Douglas as our 6th man.

We then pray that + NYC is enough. I think it is, and will be. We then have Curry's expiring the next year, too.

Will u guys stop DEAMING.... and start sticking to the topic at hand.

there will be no Lebron in a Knick uniform, and Gallo's talent is not a Starter on any team in the NBA, maybe a crunchtime finisher.

jrdrny

Benchwarmer
this could happen
Ny
brandon jennings
rudy fernandez

Bucks
Bayless

Portland
Chandler
Hill

Its not perfect but we get young and solve the pg problem

dave2138

Rotation player
this could happen
Ny
brandon jennings
rudy fernandez

Bucks
Bayless

Portland
Chandler
Hill

Its not perfect but we get young and solve the pg problem

2 questions..

Why would Milwaukee want to trade Brandon Jennings?

Why would Portland want to trade 2 young players that every team in the league wants for 2 young players that every team in the league does not want?

ANU

Starter

C Hill
PF Lee
SF Gallo
SG Chandler
PG Lebron

6th Man -- Douglas

i just can't get down with hill or lee at c and gallo at sf next year.i can't.lebron in the backcourt with douglas with lebron running the point on offense is a good idea.

jrdrny

Benchwarmer
2 questions..

Why would Milwaukee want to trade Brandon Jennings?

Why would Portland want to trade 2 young players that every team in the league wants for 2 young players that every team in the league does not want?
i know what u mean but they get chandler whos good. Portland gets a big man that they need and bucks get a better pg then jennings

Paul1355

All Star
Our PG problem will be solved if we sign Lebron! I wrote this weeks ago in response to the PG problem thread: (I should be an NBA coach! :cool:)

Now that the Cavs have started Lebron at PG and he dropped 36 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds it's clear he can be the Knicks Magic Johnson. The guy is the Knicks one and only hope at saving us from more years in the abyss. The fact that he can run the point makes it even more likely he signs with the Knicks because we have a solid core of young role players that would compliment Lebrons game nicely. Combine that with Dant's PG heavy offensive scheme and Lebron must be jumping at the chance to play in our system at PG in the biggest basketball market in the world.

The plan is simple...trade Jefferies, sign Lebron and resign Lee. If you can accomplish that, more cap relief comes in 2011 and veterans will flock to NY to ride the Lebron train to glory. At that point we need to get a young big like Deandre Jordan, Marc Gasol or even Sean Williams. My ideal 2011 lineup:

PG- Lebron
SG- Rudy Fernandez (i'll settle for Chandler but think we can pick this dude up)
SF- Gallo
PF- Lee
C- M. Gasol
By the way...we dont need Lebron to solve a PG problem....

WE NEED DUHON TO STOP PLAYING!!!

Duhon has done nothing to help this team but eat up minutes were Hughes, Douglas, and Nate could have been playing at a higher level.

I use to think that Duhon was a good pass first PG but now I see that the only thing he has his mind set on is passing and trying to look good to MIke D. Even his passes are embarissing.

Nate and Douglas should get most of the PG minutes.

jrdrny

Benchwarmer
thats a trade thats could happen or even boost it up a bit by add someone else and no i dont somke

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
thats a trade thats could happen or even boost it up a bit by add someone else and no i dont somke

The Bucks will trade Brandon Jennings for Jaryd Bayless huh? Oh yea your right you don't smoke...you do something much worse for your brain. Bayless isnt near as good as Jennings. Jennings is gonna bring the Bucks a LOT of money in the future. He's flashy, hes fun to watch, hes their STAR. Jaryd Bayless is NOT. And I highly doubt the Trailblazers to that. Another highly unrealistic trade that only benefits us. Kevin Pritchard, and the Bucks GM arent Isiah Thomas...meaning they're not retarted as **** to make that deal

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
The Bucks will trade Brandon Jennings for Jaryd Bayless huh? Oh yea your right you don't smoke...you do something much worse for your brain. Bayless isnt near as good as Jennings. Jennings is gonna bring the Bucks a LOT of money in the future. He's flashy, hes fun to watch, hes their STAR. Jaryd Bayless is NOT. And I highly doubt the Trailblazers to that. Another highly unrealistic trade that only benefits us. Kevin Pritchard, and the Bucks GM arent Isiah Thomas...meaning they're not retarted as **** to make that deal
Hah I agree there is no way in hell any gm in the league makes that deal. What do you gain from trading away your best player for an above average player. Bradon Jennings is a stud and you dont get studs for backups.

Last edited:

jrdrny

Benchwarmer
ok ur right but we can do the trade but for bayless instead of jennings we get someone thats ok and anything is better than chris