Would you trade for Rudy Fernandez?

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I was watching a Portland game last week and the commentators were saying that the Blazers were in the market to trade Rudy Fernandez.

I really like this player, he brings tons of energy, can drive to the basket, has a good jump shot and can knock down threes, thus making him good for the system applied by the Knicks.

I was wondering if anyone could work out any kind of trade that we could make for him. My opinion is that if htere is chance then the Knicks should attempt to aquire him but in reality I don`t know who of our players Portland would be interested in.

What do you think guys? Go for him and if so who could we send to Portland?

richtree

Rotation player
I don't think he is that great...he isn't a great defender and not a top player at any position.

We have guys as good or better.

You will probably get the same answer from everyone. We will take him if they take Jefferies or Curry's contract.

ANU

Starter
hell yes.imo, he's a sg version of gallo with better hops.

ideally, i would like to have a 2 and a 4 who can shoot the long ball to strech the floor for post player(s) and players who drive to the basket.if i could net fernandez and outlaw for lee, i'd do it, even though lee is a better player than both.fact is if we get lebron we lose him for nothing, and if we sign him, we won't get lebron.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
the thread question is idiotic.

In the last 6 months, every thread that has talked about trading or acquiring someone has included Rudy Fernandez in some way, shape or form.

It's getting old. Get off it.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
the thread question is idiotic.

In the last 6 months, every thread that has talked about trading or acquiring someone has included Rudy Fernandez in some way, shape or form.

It's getting old. Get off it.

Pull your head out of your own backside SLY. If my thread is idiotic then why bothering reading it and replying?

johnstarky

Rotation player
I am starting to suspect that Rudy Fernandez has relatives who post on Knicks Online.How else could you explain all the love that he receives from Knick fans here? I'm not denying that Fernandez has talent but why do so many Knick fans treat this guy as though he were Larry bird? What did he do to earn this kind of anointment? Since he is such a great player do you think that Walsh should give him the max contract when he becomes a free agent?

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I am starting to suspect that Rudy Fernandez has relatives who post on Knicks Online.How else could you explain all the love that he receives from Knick fans here? I'm not denying that Fernandez has talent but why do so many Knick fans treat this guy as though he were Larry bird? What did he do to earn this kind of anointment? Since he is such a great player do you think that Walsh should give him the max contract when he becomes a free agent?

Stop the sarcasm and actually watch Fernandez play and you'll see a world class athlete. Did you watch the 2008 Olympic Gold Medal Game? I don't think so, he was by far the best Spaniard in that game and has great potential. We Knicks can't just go after made commodities, we have to go for the unknown and steal great players away and Rudy Fernandez is one of them.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Stop the sarcasm and actually watch Fernandez play and you'll see a world class athlete. Did you watch the 2008 Olympic Gold Medal Game? I don't think so, he was by far the best Spaniard in that game and has great potential. We Knicks can't just go after made commodities, we have to go for the unknown and steal great players away and Rudy Fernandez is one of them.

I watched Rudy Fernandez play many times but I didn't see a potential NBA superstar.I saw a very good 3 point shooter with a solid field goal percentage who could be a very valuable 3rd scoring option on a championship team.He might have looked like the best player on the Spanish team but how many players fail to have the same kind of success in the NBA that they had overseas? I'm not comparing Darko to Rudy but didn't Darko Milicic lead Serbia and Montenegro at the 2006 Fiba World Championship? How did he fair up against NBA talent? To call Rudy Fernandez a great NBA player sounds like an overstatement.I know the guy might have a special place in the hearts of many basketball fans who are a part of the Latino community but let's not over hype a player based on what he has accomplished in another country.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Don't get too smart about it cock.

It's called separation anxiety.

We haven't had a real 2 guard for a LONG ****ing time.

I'd still be very down with acquiring Fernandez along with the other half of Portland's disbanded Spanish Armada, the kings Sergio Rodriguez.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I watched Rudy Fernandez play many times but I didn't see a potential NBA superstar.I saw a very good 3 point shooter with a solid field goal percentage who could be a very valuable 3rd scoring option on a championship team.He might have looked like the best player on the Spanish team but how many players fail to have the same kind of success in the NBA that they had overseas? I'm not comparing Darko to Rudy but didn't Darko Milicic lead Serbia and Montenegro at the 2006 Fiba World Championship? How did he fair up against NBA talent? To call Rudy Fernandez a great NBA player sounds like an overstatement.I know the guy might have a special place in the hearts of many basketball fans who are a part of the Latino community but let's not over hype a player based on what he has accomplished in another country.

If you actually think about it, or know anything about it, there are a few reasons Fernandez is yet to emerge as far as his high talent level can take him.

He plays behind Brandon Roy.

Portland was SO stacked at the 2 & 3 spots that PT was hard to come by.

He's only in his sophomore season really after a debilitating injury.

And that whole Latino comment is borderline rude.

Paul1355

All Star
I was watching a Portland game last week and the commentators were saying that the Blazers were in the market to trade Rudy Fernandez.

I really like this player, he brings tons of energy, can drive to the basket, has a good jump shot and can knock down threes, thus making him good for the system applied by the Knicks.

I was wondering if anyone could work out any kind of trade that we could make for him. My opinion is that if htere is chance then the Knicks should attempt to aquire him but in reality I don`t know who of our players Portland would be interested in.

What do you think guys? Go for him and if so who could we send to Portland?
we would have to trade Lee, Hill and Douglas to get Fernandez....everyone else on our team is useless.

ANU

Starter
we would have to trade Lee, Hill and Douglas to get Fernandez....everyone else on our team is useless.
no we wouldn't.i think lee is more than enough.

and starky, the guy was competing against wade and kobe, the 2 best shooting guards on the planet, and he held his own.even played some pg when rubio got hurt.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Don't get too smart about it cock.

What's with the name calling? Are you emotionally 12 years old? Or were you taught how to act dysfunctional growing up? Sorry, but I don't debate topics with people who are disrespectful,nasty,rude,vulgar and who lack the civility to have regular discussions with other human beings.You might find it normal to talk that way with your homies but I've learned how to shun people who don't know how to control the things that come out of their tongue.Have a nice night and learn how to be a little more courteous before you decide to engage yourself in a debate with me next time.

Last edited:

johnstarky

Rotation player
and starky, the guy was competing against wade and kobe, the 2 best shooting guards on the planet, and he held his own.even played some pg when rubio got hurt.

I've always said that the guy was one of the most internationally talented basketball players to ever wear an NBA uniform.There is no denying that he is a Class A Olympian with a lot of unproven potential.But we shouldn't over hype him just yet.Until he is eligible to be put in the same list as Dwayne Wade and Kobe Bryant, not just by a few people, but by every NBA analyst, his ceiling will remain at the same height that it is now.

Paul1355

All Star
I've always said that the guy was one of the most internationally talented basketball players to ever wear an NBA uniform.There is no denying that he is a Class A Olympian with a lot of unproven potential.But we shouldn't over hype him just yet.Until he is eligible to be put in the same list as Dwayne Wade and Kobe Bryant, not just by a few people, but by every NBA analyst, his ceiling will remain at the same height that it is now.

he can also be like Gallo...only good with great players around him...Gallo will never shine with these players...and he has sucked recently

johnstarky

Rotation player
he can also be like Gallo...only good with great players around him...Gallo will never shine with these players...and he has sucked recently

I was going to ask why many Knick fans covet Fernandez so much when the Knicks already have Gallo, who could be a very solid scorer for them in a few years.Both Gallo and Fernandez have a very similar way of playing.Gallo might not play on a winning team but if he had a cast of Brandon Roy,Lamarcus Aldridge, and Andre Miller he would be putting up better numbers.Although having Fernandez and Gallo on the same team would be a deadly combination from behind the 3 point line, I wouldn't see the Knicks being a playoff team if they had both players.

Paul1355

All Star
I was going to ask why many Knick fans covet Fernandez so much when the Knicks already have Gallo, who could be a very solid scorer for them in a few years.Both Gallo and Fernandez have a very similar way of playing.Gallo might not play on a winning team but if he had a cast of Brandon Roy,Lamarcus Aldridge, and Andre Miller he would be putting up better numbers.Although having Fernandez and Gallo on the same team would be a deadly combination from behind the 3 point line, I wouldn't see the Knicks being a playoff team if they had both players.

Fernandez is no savior. He is very skilled and has high upside but until he is exposed and scores 20 ppg consistently...then he is like Gallo in my eyes.

having him as our SG would be awesome. He would fit right in this joke of a system...which is let your worst player in Duhon take over the team and just chuck up shots"

Fernandez is a good shooter...that would be his best reason to come to this team. We need shooters.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
theres no harm in calling portland and ask him what is needed for a possible deal.........Fernandez is a great player and has potential and is a good piece on any winning team he plays with heart and can light it up from anywhere on the court