New York Knicks vs. Sacramento Kings Game Thread 2/9/2010

Who on the Knicks should start at point guard?

• Toney Douglas

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Larry Hughes

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Nate Robinson

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Chris Duhon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jared Jeffries

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Danilo Gallinari

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

mafra

Legend
NY is 19-32 and we stick with Duhon, because we're told he's the only one who can run D'ant's offense. HEY MIKE, your offense isn't that special anyway. Chucking up a 3 -pointer within 5 seconds of crossing halfcourt and that difficult.

Let the kids play, or let the vets play street ball. Duhon should be benched. We can lose having the offense run like a chicken w/out a head, just as easily as we can lose with Duhon leading the way.

Walsh better pray we land LJ or something.... b/c he'll be forever tainted if he sold the city this crap faith the last 2 years and then fail to deliver. It'll be worse than the IT era.

KBlack25

Starter
This is one of the worst losses I can remember. As a Knicks fan, I am embarrassed by the lack of effort, the sloppy play, the just overall horrible.

They had this game, up 12 7 minutes left. And then Tyreke Evans looked like he was running layup drills all over the place.

The hate for Jefferies, though, I believe is misplaced. Say what you want about him, but I feel like the guy does give effort. He's not the best player in the world, but on the defensive end, when he isn't hurt, he plays smart. He doesn't really make stupid plays, and he came in hurt tonight.

The loss falls on Mike D. Nate and Duhon weren't getting the job done, the team was just playing sloppy. Then you throw an injured Jefferies on a guy that has been burning everyone on the floor. Guess what? You have a defensive PG on the team, he wears #23 and his name is Toney Douglas. Nate couldn't stop Evans. Duhon couldn't stop Evans. Jefferies (who you normally get to do this sort of work) was hurt. Put in Douglas. I understand he was cold, but then that's all the more reason to get this guy minutes.

Look, Duhon is not playing well right now. I don't know what that play call was at the end, but Duhon has to make a better play there (and someone has to make a cut, in fairness). Nate is not a true PG, no matter how much some people here want to go down that route. GIVE TONEY DOUGLAS A TRY FOR CHRISTS SAKE! He can't be worse than Duhon's recent play.

As for Gallo, Paul I hear your complaints. He has been embarrassing lately. I think he might be hurt, or it might be the wear of an 82 game season getting to him. Remember, this guy didn't play really at all last year. I don't know what the season is like in Europe, but I bet the NBA is more demanding. It's something that will come with time, his body needs to adjust still. I have faith in Gallo.

Also, people are jumping to conclusions that we will sign Duhon. I really don't think this is the case, and Donnie certainly won't forego signing a max player to get Duhon back. I understand what you guys are saying, that they see him as a franchise player. I don't think that they do. My only explanation is this team (as in those on the roster) might think they have a better chance to win when Duhon runs the point.

I know guys, it's hard to be a fan right now. It seems like Walsh is doing nothing...But we have suffered through worse (Isiah). Isiah made trades just to make trades, we tried that way. If Walsh can't make a move that makes sense, then for goodness sake don't make it. I know, it's a hard pill to swallow, but sometimes things just don't work out the way you want them to. Sometimes the best move is to make no move. If we miss out on LeBron and other big free agents, yes that will be shitty. Yes, it will be another year of suffering. But it will also be a year closer to hopefully rebuilding this team through the draft (if that's what needs to be done).

Sometimes things need to get really bad (or seem really bad) before it gets better. And when they are bad, it seems like it will never end. But we can do it. Look at the Thunder, a team that was in dire straights only a few years ago that made the right picks and now has a team on the rise. It can be done. It will be done. If you are here, on this board, you have an insane dedication that band-wagon jumpers just won't understand. Call me crazy, say I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, but at the end of the day, believe. I know this team can pull out of it, one of these days.

mafra

Legend
This is one of the worst losses I can remember. As a Knicks fan, I am embarrassed by the lack of effort, the sloppy play, the just overall horrible.

They had this game, up 12 7 minutes left. And then Tyreke Evans looked like he was running layup drills all over the place.

The hate for Jefferies, though, I believe is misplaced. Say what you want about him, but I feel like the guy does give effort. He's not the best player in the world, but on the defensive end, when he isn't hurt, he plays smart. He doesn't really make stupid plays, and he came in hurt tonight.

The loss falls on Mike D. Nate and Duhon weren't getting the job done, the team was just playing sloppy. Then you throw an injured Jefferies on a guy that has been burning everyone on the floor. Guess what? You have a defensive PG on the team, he wears #23 and his name is Toney Douglas. Nate couldn't stop Evans. Duhon couldn't stop Evans. Jefferies (who you normally get to do this sort of work) was hurt. Put in Douglas. I understand he was cold, but then that's all the more reason to get this guy minutes.

Look, Duhon is not playing well right now. I don't know what that play call was at the end, but Duhon has to make a better play there (and someone has to make a cut, in fairness). Nate is not a true PG, no matter how much some people here want to go down that route. GIVE TONEY DOUGLAS A TRY FOR CHRISTS SAKE! He can't be worse than Duhon's recent play.

As for Gallo, Paul I hear your complaints. He has been embarrassing lately. I think he might be hurt, or it might be the wear of an 82 game season getting to him. Remember, this guy didn't play really at all last year. I don't know what the season is like in Europe, but I bet the NBA is more demanding. It's something that will come with time, his body needs to adjust still. I have faith in Gallo.

Also, people are jumping to conclusions that we will sign Duhon. I really don't think this is the case, and Donnie certainly won't forego signing a max player to get Duhon back. I understand what you guys are saying, that they see him as a franchise player. I don't think that they do. My only explanation is this team (as in those on the roster) might think they have a better chance to win when Duhon runs the point.

I know guys, it's hard to be a fan right now. It seems like Walsh is doing nothing...But we have suffered through worse (Isiah). Isiah made trades just to make trades, we tried that way. If Walsh can't make a move that makes sense, then for goodness sake don't make it. I know, it's a hard pill to swallow, but sometimes things just don't work out the way you want them to. Sometimes the best move is to make no move. If we miss out on LeBron and other big free agents, yes that will be shitty. Yes, it will be another year of suffering. But it will also be a year closer to hopefully rebuilding this team through the draft (if that's what needs to be done).

Sometimes things need to get really bad (or seem really bad) before it gets better. And when they are bad, it seems like it will never end. But we can do it. Look at the Thunder, a team that was in dire straights only a few years ago that made the right picks and now has a team on the rise. It can be done. It will be done. If you are here, on this board, you have an insane dedication that band-wagon jumpers just won't understand. Call me crazy, say I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, but at the end of the day, believe. I know this team can pull out of it, one of these days.

Here's the deal though.... BOTTLE THIS ANGER, b/c Walsh deserves a beheading if he fails to deliver this summer. We were sold this crap b/c of a false faith.... I mean, if Walsh brings in a star.... Then this was worthwhile, but he shouldn't be forgiven if he fails to bring in a stud.

What's plan-B?

The Walsh era will be worse than IT's if this summer passes and we're left with this crap.

AS FOR CHRIS DUHON.... the dude is shooting under 20 percent in 2010.... and he decides to dribble out the clock and chuck a 3? Not to mention he just misses a 3 prior to that, was also 0-5 on the night from 3.... And he shoots an airball? If that doesn't get you benched, what will?

ANU

Starter
people complain about gallinari, but the air got sucked out this team when he hurt his elbow.this team is straight ass.

johnstarky

Rotation player

great post...Duhon has failed in every way and thensome.

This game was just as bad as when he played at Milwaukee and had that game wee he passed to Harrington's back when he wasn't even looking at him.

Duhon, Jeffries, and recently Gallo have been an EMBARRISMENT complete utter stupidity on all levels and no hustle or skill is possessed by these players.

Mike D is the head of this circus. Mark Jackson would never allow this atrocious defense. Just think knick fans. Mike D is getting paid 4-6 million for the next 3 years...and he still has no clue why his team is losing.

START DIFFERENT PLAYERS!

The Knicks are not a basketball team, they're just a group of individuals who are talented enough to play in the NBA but lack the IQ's to compete on a nightly basis.

Paul1355

All Star
Here's the deal though.... BOTTLE THIS ANGER, b/c Walsh deserves a beheading if he fails to deliver this summer. We were sold this crap b/c of a false faith.... I mean, if Walsh brings in a star.... Then this was worthwhile, but he shouldn't be forgiven if he fails to bring in a stud.

What's plan-B?

The Walsh era will be worse than IT's if this summer passes and we're left with this crap.

AS FOR CHRIS DUHON.... the dude is shooting under 20 percent in 2010.... and he decides to dribble out the clock and chuck a 3? Not to mention he just misses a 3 prior to that, was also 0-5 on the night from 3.... And he shoots an airball? If that doesn't get you benched, what will?
I guarantee you that Duhon will be benched for a few games, have one decent game and then start again....Mike D is obsessed that Duhon will be the same Duhon from the first half of last year...it will never happen...he isnot playing the same, never drives towards the hoops or draw fouls anymore...he is a different player this year, a horrible one in fact.

Mike D benching Duhon and then starting him after one decent game is a consistent pattern...watch for it because it will happen. It doesn't matter if Nate or Douglas have amazing games, if Duhon comes off the bench and plays decent, he will start next game. Its sad.

KurtThomas

Rookie
What a pathetic loss. They blow a 15-point 4th quarter lead at home against the freaking Kings. What makes it sad is that I'm not even the least bit surprised. Oh and Jeffries chucking up that 3 in overtime will be in my nightmares tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
What a pathetic loss. They blow a 15-point 4th quarter lead at home against the freaking Kings. What makes it sad is that I'm not even the least bit surprised. Oh and Jeffries chucking up that 3 in overtime will be in my nightmares tonight.

Another easy Knick win turned into a Knick overtime loss by headcoach Dantoni's 7-man rotation.
Dantoni actually played 8 players (Hill 6 minutes in this game) but the game went into an overtime game vs the weak...ss Kings who played 11 players for the win.
It sure would've been nice to see Toney Douglas vs Evans for a few minutes in this game.

The Kings had a rookie inbound the ball at the most crucial moment in regulation which was the deciding factor of a Kings win or overtime. The game went to overtime ............. a rookie inbounding the ball in crunchtime mean the team wants a loss

paris401

Starter
we lost?? holy shit... i turned the game off with 7mins left, we were up double digits... read where ugly took a late 3 pointer... did he at least hit the rim...

CoolClyde

d'ammit!

D'ammit!
pringle_houndlove.gif

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
I went to the Game Last night.....And God Knows if I will ever go again to the Garden with our team looking like this.

The garden has turned into something else. Not to be racist, but there were more Jewish Sacramento Fans with Israeli flags than NY Knicks fans.

Whats happening in the Garden is that the opponent team almost always has more fans. that sucks. I hate that shit.

If this was in Europe this wouldnt happen, Because we would **** them up. \

BTW, how are u going to let DUHON shoot ur last clutch SHOT ??
U know what This is a horrible team.

Paul1355

All Star
I went to the Game Last night.....And God Knows if I will ever go again to the Garden with our team looking like this.

The garden has turned into something else. Not to be racist, but there were more Jewish Sacramento Fans with Israeli flags than NY Knicks fans.

Whats happening in the Garden is that the opponent team almost always has more fans. that sucks. I hate that shit.

If this was in Europe this wouldnt happen, Because we would **** them up. \

BTW, how are u going to let DUHON shoot ur last clutch SHOT ??
U know what This is a horrible team.

I am sorry that you had to go through that horrible loss in person, and pay money to see it.

I am being dead serious, If i had seats near the players locker room, I would have thrown something at MIke D and cursed him out as he left the arena...i dont care if I got fined or put in jail for a night...my anger was over the top last night.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
If that airball shot by duhorrible was plan B (plan A getting the ball to some one else), then d'antoni should be decapitated.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
The Big Cock gets injured and we collapse.... Our best clutch shooter had to sit on the bench while we fans screamed in horror as Chris DUDONKEY and Jared GIRAFERIES tried to be the hero.WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF??????????????? I'm going to murder DuDonkey one of these days. Chandler had the hot hand he should have demanded the ball! How can you let Giraffe and Donkey take the final shots??? It's like we want to lose now, just a horrible game. I'm disgusted, and I haven't hated DuDonkey this bad ever (and I already hated him a lot). Where's Rubio? Augustin? SOMEONE?????????????????????????????????????? Just get DuDonkey out of a Knicks jersey PLEASE

I would gladly provide you with a gun. :thumbsup:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
The last possession of regulation, with the game tied? It was nuts. Chris Duhon(notes) is passed the ball, he's easily the worst Knick on the court, and he doesn't pass it to anyone else. Just dribbles, aimlessly, for most of the 22 seconds, before launching a semi-step-back three-pointer shot from 25 feet that made it nearly 21 feet.
I haven't seen dribble-dribble-dribble nonsense like that since the heyday of Steve Francis(notes), or Travis Best. Problem was, those guys made shots, occasionally. Duhon missed eight of 10 shots on Tuesday, all six from three-point range, and he's shooting below 35 percent on the year.

via Yahoo.com

How embarrasing....this is the reputation of our STARTING PG. The most integral position for Mike D's system. Your 2009-2010 Knicks folks...when does next year start again?