Possibility of Bringing Camby Back!

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
This was on ESPN's rumor mill today:

"We noted at the end of last week that with the Clippers seemingly out of playoff contention, there was a chance Marcus Camby might get traded.

The thinking goes that teams that have inquired about Camby's availability previously were quickly rebuffed, but now that Mike Dunleavy is out as coach and it looks like another lost season for the Clips, they could be open to something now.

If that's the case, CBS Sports' Ken Berger reports today that both the Knicks and Nuggets "are intrigued by the possibility of bringing him back for an encore."

But Berger is quick to note Camby will likely only get dealt under two scenarios: if the Clippers get a solid talent in return, or they free up some more cap space to sign a max free agent this offseason.

If that's the case, a possible scenario would be the Knicks sending over Darko Milicic. Both Camby and Milicic are making in the 7-million range this season, and Milicic has an expiring contract.

Milicic has also asked for a buyout this season, so the Clips could buy him out once they trade for him, which could save them a little money.

But if the Clippers wanted to free up some serious cap space, they'd likely need to involve another player on their team that has at least one year left on his deal, and trade him along with Camby for expiring contracts, since Camby's deal is up at the end of this season."

I would LOVE this. Camby is an expiring contract and we would possibly be able to resign him in the offseason for a dismally small amount. This makes Lee a bit more expendable and we could even put a lineup of Duhon, Chandler, Gallo, Lee and Camby out there. That would be a nice way to finish up the season. Not to mention Camby is a noticeable player that we could use to HELP draw in LeBron (he's not even close to enough to make the whole difference but he could help if we resign him in the offseason). He also has great leadership skills and was awesome for us during that magical 1999 run. I love this guy and would love to add him for the rest of the year. Especially if it means getting rid of Darko

Paul1355

All Star
This was on ESPN's rumor mill today:

"We noted at the end of last week that with the Clippers seemingly out of playoff contention, there was a chance Marcus Camby might get traded.

The thinking goes that teams that have inquired about Camby's availability previously were quickly rebuffed, but now that Mike Dunleavy is out as coach and it looks like another lost season for the Clips, they could be open to something now.

If that's the case, CBS Sports' Ken Berger reports today that both the Knicks and Nuggets "are intrigued by the possibility of bringing him back for an encore."

But Berger is quick to note Camby will likely only get dealt under two scenarios: if the Clippers get a solid talent in return, or they free up some more cap space to sign a max free agent this offseason.

If that's the case, a possible scenario would be the Knicks sending over Darko Milicic. Both Camby and Milicic are making in the 7-million range this season, and Milicic has an expiring contract.

Milicic has also asked for a buyout this season, so the Clips could buy him out once they trade for him, which could save them a little money.

But if the Clippers wanted to free up some serious cap space, they'd likely need to involve another player on their team that has at least one year left on his deal, and trade him along with Camby for expiring contracts, since Camby's deal is up at the end of this season."

I would LOVE this. Camby is an expiring contract and we would possibly be able to resign him in the offseason for a dismally small amount. This makes Lee a bit more expendable and we could even put a lineup of Duhon, Chandler, Gallo, Lee and Camby out there. That would be a nice way to finish up the season. Not to mention Camby is a noticeable player that we could use to HELP draw in LeBron (he's not even close to enough to make the whole difference but he could help if we resign him in the offseason). He also has great leadership skills and was awesome for us during that magical 1999 run. I love this guy and would love to add him for the rest of the year. Especially if it means getting rid of Darko

This would be the final solution to ending Jeffries playing time as the starting Center on this team. Anybody but Jeffries would help this team at Center...Camby would be a drastic improvement.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It'd be so awesome to have Camby back. I've missed him the whole time.

But as LJ said. That catatonic old ****er won't do anything. Even if it is a straight trade.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I want Camby, would love Darko for Camby straight up, but if Camby is expiring also how does that trade help the Clippers to make them go for it? Also someone noted getting Jeffries out of the line-up, hell Jeffries can start as far as I am concerned he's doing useful things, I realize I am beating a dead horse but the one starter I want gone in the worst way is Duhon, guy shatters my hopes and dreams every time he steps on the court. Awful watching the guards other teams have game after game then seeing what we suffer with:barf:

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I want Camby, would love Darko for Camby straight up, but if Camby is expiring also how does that trade help the Clippers to make them go for it? Also someone noted getting Jeffries out of the line-up, hell Jeffries can start as far as I am concerned he's doing useful things, I realize I am beating a dead horse but the one starter I want gone in the worst way is Duhon, guy shatters my hopes and dreams every time he steps on the court. Awful watching the guards other teams have game after game then seeing what we suffer with:barf:
The Clippers are looking to move someone in their crowded front court (Kaman, Camby, Griffin, Thorton and a lottery pick next year possibly). They also want to clear some cap space for next year so they can be players in bringing in a player like Josh Howard, Carlos Boozer, or maybe even LeBron. Thats the only reason they make this trade. They could move Camby and get some cap relief for it.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
No thanks. I love Camby but he is too old and I believe his contract would hurt us next year. we need to concentrate on young guys. If we were contending this year and were a veteran or two away from being elite I would pull the trigger. To bring Camby here at this point is a short term feel good move that does not bring us closer to a title.

ANU

Starter
No thanks. I love Camby but he is too old and I believe his contract would hurt us next year. we need to concentrate on young guys. If we were contending this year and were a veteran or two away from being elite I would pull the trigger. To bring Camby here at this point is a short term feel good move that does not bring us closer to a title.
he's a free agent next year.this is the sorta deal donnie needed to make when the knicks began struggling.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i would LOVE to bring MC back hes the defensive minded center we need that can actually hold down the paint, not having a 6'9 Lee as our last line of defense

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
he's a free agent next year.this is the sorta deal donnie needed to make when the knicks began struggling.

Yea but the Clips are dealing to clear space so it would not be a straight up swap of expiring players.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well considering that The Clippers didnt want to part with him in The Zach Randolph deal, I doubt they would do it now!

If we have any shot at him it will be during the off season

ANU

Starter
Yea but the Clips are dealing to clear space so it would not be a straight up swap of expiring players.

well i don't think they can get much for camby if he's expiring, they have about 15 mill in capsace; the only long term 10 mill plus deal on the books for them are kaman and davis, kaman is pretty good, and nobody is taking on davis, if they think they're going to get rid of davis with camby dunleavy is crazier than i thought.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sign on Camby and the Nets former big man Sean Williams to be tutored by Camby on both basketball and character.

If that loose mother****er Williams could straighten himself out, he'd come in handy as a low salary defender.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Sign on Camby and the Nets former big man Sean Williams to be tutored by Camby on both basketball and character.

If that loose mother****er Williams could straighten himself out, he'd come in handy as a low salary defender.
I'd like that a lot.Camby and Williams could be very good additions for now and the future.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't mind signing Williams but he has to change a lot. The last thing we need is a headcase. But his defense is undeniably good. Which we need on this team. The only thing about getting Camby is how long can he help us? He still is a good player but he only has a few good years left in him. He could be a great back up no doubt. Shouldn't we be looking for a long term C ? That and PG would solve a lot of issues on this team.

ANU

Starter
nothing like he used to be? dude averages 12 boards a game and almost 2 block per game.that's not far away from what he used to be.you stick him in at the 5 and put lee at the four, and this team would be better for it.