D'antIDIOT blows another game

nyk_nyk

All Star
I have to be honest with you when i say if you looked at the expression on mike D's face, you have to wonder whether or not these players are just that bad. There is no way, I am sorry that the play was for Duhon to chuck a three, nor jefferies. These players cannot execute hands down.

but saying that Mike D can only coach a team with superstars is unfair
I say this only because if you look around the league we are the only team in the league with out a legitimate go to player.

I refuse to trash mike D until management does their jobs and puts talent on the floor.

we have to clean house.

only gallo and chandler can stay, every one else can let the door hit em on the way out.

If you all think the coach is the problem, then you havent been watching every game from tip off to buzzer this year. They are just that bad, you look at Mike on the side line and you know he has had it up to here with these players.

NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE CAN COACH THESE PLAYERS TO A WINNING SEASON

GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS, IT IS NOT THE COACH IT IS THE TEAM

THEY SUCK

WE HAVE THE WORST DEFENDING CENTER IN THE NBA
WE HAVE THE WORST POING GUARD IN THE LEAGUE
WE HAVE A SHOOTING GUARD WHO IS 5 9 WHO BY LIMITED SCORERS ON THE BENCH IS FORCED TO PLAY AND GUARD PLAYERS LIKE KEVIN MARTIN WHO STAND ALMOST A FOOT OVER THEM
WE HAVE JEFFERIES STARTING BY DEFAULT BECAUSE THE REST OF THE TEAM IS REALLY THAT BAD AT DEFENSE
GALLINARI IS ONLY 21
AND CHANDLER IS A ROLE PLAYER BEING FORCED TO TAKE STAR SHOTS WHICH HE HAS DONE WELL WHICH IS WHY I SAY KEEP HIM
HARRINGTON EVERY TIME HE TOUCHES THE BALL HAS DOLLAR SIGNS IN HIS EYES
AND THE REST OF THESE GUYS WOULDNT EVEN CRACK A GAME ON ANY OTHER ELITE TEAM

WE ARE QUITE FRANKLY THE WORST TEAM IN THE NBA.

THE ONLY REASON WE ARENT EQUAL TO THE NETS IN WINS AND LOSSES IS BECAUSE OF MIKE D.

Nah, I'm gonna stick with Dantoni sucks. I hear what your saying about the team but Damntoni constantly fails to make the most important coaching moves during close games. There are so many times when he fails to put the team in a position to win. His playbook is seemingly limited and he doesn't understand how to coach from possession to possession.

Now if he did all these things and the team still lost then I would say he is a good coach but the players just can't execute. Unfortunately this is not the case. When you go from a really good team to a mediocre team it really exposes your coaching ability. Just look at Larry Brown in Charlotte or Adelman in Houston. These guys were able to improve the play of the team on the strength of their coaching. In Adelman's case he took a team without ANY superstars or go to players and still made them winners. Larry Brown did what he does best and teaches basketball to young players which improves their game.

Paul1355

All Star
Mike IS to blame

I have to be honest with you when i say if you looked at the expression on mike D's face, you have to wonder whether or not these players are just that bad. There is no way, I am sorry that the play was for Duhon to chuck a three, nor jefferies. These players cannot execute hands down.

but saying that Mike D can only coach a team with superstars is unfair
I say this only because if you look around the league we are the only team in the league with out a legitimate go to player.

I refuse to trash mike D until management does their jobs and puts talent on the floor.

we have to clean house.

only gallo and chandler can stay, every one else can let the door hit em on the way out.

If you all think the coach is the problem, then you havent been watching every game from tip off to buzzer this year. They are just that bad, you look at Mike on the side line and you know he has had it up to here with these players.

NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE CAN COACH THESE PLAYERS TO A WINNING SEASON

GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS, IT IS NOT THE COACH IT IS THE TEAM

THEY SUCK

WE HAVE THE WORST DEFENDING CENTER IN THE NBA
WE HAVE THE WORST POING GUARD IN THE LEAGUE
WE HAVE A SHOOTING GUARD WHO IS 5 9 WHO BY LIMITED SCORERS ON THE BENCH IS FORCED TO PLAY AND GUARD PLAYERS LIKE KEVIN MARTIN WHO STAND ALMOST A FOOT OVER THEM
WE HAVE JEFFERIES STARTING BY DEFAULT BECAUSE THE REST OF THE TEAM IS REALLY THAT BAD AT DEFENSE
GALLINARI IS ONLY 21
AND CHANDLER IS A ROLE PLAYER BEING FORCED TO TAKE STAR SHOTS WHICH HE HAS DONE WELL WHICH IS WHY I SAY KEEP HIM
HARRINGTON EVERY TIME HE TOUCHES THE BALL HAS DOLLAR SIGNS IN HIS EYES
AND THE REST OF THESE GUYS WOULDNT EVEN CRACK A GAME ON ANY OTHER ELITE TEAM

WE ARE QUITE FRANKLY THE WORST TEAM IN THE NBA.

THE ONLY REASON WE ARENT EQUAL TO THE NETS IN WINS AND LOSSES IS BECAUSE OF MIKE D.
How can you not blame Mike D for this?

HE IS THE ONE STARTING THESE HORRIBLE PLAYERS: duhon, Jeffries, and Gallo recnetly....these three guys should not even see playing time because they have been playing so bad.

I feel like whoever backs up Mike D is brainwashed in thinking that Duhon and Jeffries are really the best options at PG and C.

Be honest with me....would Douglas be as bad of a PG as Duhon has shown to be? Do you remembe when Douglas played....great defense, always hustled, and hit most of his shots...Duhon is the exact oppisite and yet he gets all this playing time.

Lets go to the Center position...Jeffries. Jordan Hill would do a jobon Jeffries. Hill can rebound at a high level...whenever he is in the game he gets a couple of defensive and offensive rebounds. He hustles and looks to block shots all the time were Jeffries only blocks guys that are 6'6. Hill can finish under the basket were Jeffries obviously has a hard time doing, such a hard time that he messes up an easy shot every single game that makes you shake your head.

Gallo being 21 is an excuse that can only go so far. He has shown that he can play at a high level...the problem is that once teams start pressuring him up close he doesnt know what to do! The obvious answer is to drive towards the hoop which he was known for back in Italy...why is he not doing it? Odds are that Mike D is not telling him to adjust his game. Gallo only does good when he plays aggressive.

Chandler has been asked to do alot but him and Lee are our only consistent players on offense. NOW EXPLAIN TO ME WHY CHANDLER AND LEE WERE NOT THE LAST GUYS SHOOTING DURING CLUTCH TIME AGAINST THE GAME IN SACRAMENTO. That is Mike D's fault. Lee was not even in the game and Chandler did not even see the ball.

Harrington is inconsistent but he is better than Jeffries. Atleast Harrington can score along with his poor defense...Jeffries cant do anything except take the charge.

YOU REALLY DONT THINK THAT A SIMPLE LINEUP CHANGE OF STARTING DOUGLAS, HUGHES, CHANDLER, LEE AND HILL WOULD NOT CHANGE THIS TEAM COMPLETELY? There are 4 guys in that lineup that can play defense and yet MIke D always has no clue why his player dont play defense....HE STARTS PLAYERS THAT DONT HAVE ANY SKILL ON DEFENSE!

What can you explain to me that does not put blame on MIke D? Everything that has happened has been due to his coaching decisions. His substitutions have been absolutely horrible...he starts horrible players that have been bad all year and benches good players that are getting restless without playing time...he is going from a players coach to a hated coach in one season!

The worst about all of this...if you have ever watched a post game show...is that Mike D STILL HAS NO ANSWER FOR HIS TEAMS LACK OF WILL TO PLAY. How can you have a team that has no "will" to play"???? Bench these guys if they dont want to hustle! It's simple...MIke D has favorites that is the bottom line. He is a classic political highschool type of coach.

mafra

Legend
Well, we can give D'ant a pass for now.... But, the moment the trading deadline passes.... Our 7-or-8 man rotation better circle around these 6 players (Douglas, Chandler, Lee, Gallo, Hill, Landry). If this isn't the case, then he's messing with our future.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Paul I agree with you that watching DuDonkey get any minutes at all is extremely aggravating. I'm pissed at D'ant for giving him this much of an oppurtunity to. Giraffe should not be getting as many minutes as he has. For that spurt when we were winning, Giraffe was the leader of our defense, but now we are going back to our ATROCIOUS defense. We should give Hill more minutes. So those two points are valid.

Your point of not giving minutes to Gallo is wrong imo. Gallo is our future. I dont care he if gets 40 min and scores nothing, we GIVE him minutes. We make sure he gets used to playing 82 games. He is going to learn the nuances of this game. The more minutes we give Gallo now, the better it will help in next year, when THINGS MATTER. Chandler should also keep seeing very good minutes. Gallo is going to use this year to learn moer about the game. I want to see him be selfish. I want to see him PLAY. Whether you like him or not, fact is he is going to be a Knick for a while. Gallo needs those minutes. And use everything he learned this year, and get better in the off-season...much better. Then no one will complain once he comes out guns blazing next year, hopefully with a max player and a fully developed Wilson Chandler.

Paul1355

All Star
Paul I agree with you that watching DuDonkey get any minutes at all is extremely aggravating. I'm pissed at D'ant for giving him this much of an oppurtunity to. Giraffe should not be getting as many minutes as he has. For that spurt when we were winning, Giraffe was the leader of our defense, but now we are going back to our ATROCIOUS defense. We should give Hill more minutes. So those two points are valid.

Your point of not giving minutes to Gallo is wrong imo. Gallo is our future. I dont care he if gets 40 min and scores nothing, we GIVE him minutes. We make sure he gets used to playing 82 games. He is going to learn the nuances of this game. The more minutes we give Gallo now, the better it will help in next year, when THINGS MATTER. Chandler should also keep seeing very good minutes. Gallo is going to use this year to learn moer about the game. I want to see him be selfish. I want to see him PLAY. Whether you like him or not, fact is he is going to be a Knick for a while. Gallo needs those minutes. And use everything he learned this year, and get better in the off-season...much better. Then no one will complain once he comes out guns blazing next year, hopefully with a max player and a fully developed Wilson Chandler.
I agree with you about Gallo but the dude has been so bad recently i feel like he is not the same player. I was saying the same thing months ago about Gallo forcing himself to be selfish and just taking over games. But now he doesn't even use his brain on offense, he is in a fog.

You know what I honestly feel is the reason for Gallo messing up so much the past couple weeks? Pressure. Even though he said he loves the pressure, I think being the top 12 sexiest guys in NY that he got by the newspapers, the commercials, the rookie-sophmore game/three point contest...i think he is putting huge amounts of pressure on himself.

Either that or he is just in a complete slump and does not know how to get out of it....something is wrong with him and its not this stupid fore arm injury.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I agree with you about Gallo but the dude has been so bad recently i feel like he is not the same player. I was saying the same thing months ago about Gallo forcing himself to be selfish and just taking over games. But now he doesn't even use his brain on offense, he is in a fog.

You know what I honestly feel is the reason for Gallo messing up so much the past couple weeks? Pressure. Even though he said he loves the pressure, I think being the top 12 sexiest guys in NY that he got by the newspapers, the commercials, the rookie-sophmore game/three point contest...i think he is putting huge amounts of pressure on himself.

Either that or he is just in a complete slump and does not know how to get out of it....something is wrong with him and its not this stupid fore arm injury.

Good points, maybe he's realizing that he's the poster boy of the Knicks? Those same fans who booed him on draft day are starting to love him. It is New York lol. But I'm glad he feels pressure, because as long as hes a Knicks hes going to. I'd much rather him struggle adjusting to being "the Franchise" this year than next year. If he comes out struggling next year, then we got a HUGE problem. And I do think his fore arm hurts him a little, but I doubt it hurt him enough to airball a free throw. I mean that was embarrasing.

Edit: Another thing I forgot to say, was that if he comes in next year throwing jump passes to Giraffe behind the 3 pt line again then we got an even bigger problems lol. I like it when Gallo penetrates and jump passes to Lee, but him passing to Giraffe is quite pathetic.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I'm not worry about gallo cuz even as of today he still leads the team in points per shot at 1.31P/shot. Also lets not forget he only played 78 games so far in NBA.

CoolClyde

How can you not blame Mike D for this?

HE IS THE ONE STARTING THESE HORRIBLE PLAYERS: duhon, Jeffries, and Gallo recnetly....these three guys should not even see playing time because they have been playing so bad.
I feel like whoever backs up Mike D is brainwashed in thinking that Duhon and Jeffries are really the best options at PG and C.

Be honest with me....would Douglas be as bad of a PG as Duhon has shown to be? Do you remembe when Douglas played....great defense, always hustled, and hit most of his shots...Duhon is the exact oppisite and yet he gets all this playing time.

Lets go to the Center position...Jeffries. Jordan Hill would do a jobon Jeffries. Hill can rebound at a high level...whenever he is in the game he gets a couple of defensive and offensive rebounds. He hustles and looks to block shots all the time were Jeffries only blocks guys that are 6'6. Hill can finish under the basket were Jeffries obviously has a hard time doing, such a hard time that he messes up an easy shot every single game that makes you shake your head.

Gallo being 21 is an excuse that can only go so far. He has shown that he can play at a high level...the problem is that once teams start pressuring him up close he doesnt know what to do! The obvious answer is to drive towards the hoop which he was known for back in Italy...why is he not doing it? Odds are that Mike D is not telling him to adjust his game. Gallo only does good when he plays aggressive.

Chandler has been asked to do alot but him and Lee are our only consistent players on offense. NOW EXPLAIN TO ME WHY CHANDLER AND LEE WERE NOT THE LAST GUYS SHOOTING DURING CLUTCH TIME AGAINST THE GAME IN SACRAMENTO. That is Mike D's fault. Lee was not even in the game and Chandler did not even see the ball.

Harrington is inconsistent but he is better than Jeffries. Atleast Harrington can score along with his poor defense...Jeffries cant do anything except take the charge.

YOU REALLY DONT THINK THAT A SIMPLE LINEUP CHANGE OF STARTING DOUGLAS, HUGHES, CHANDLER, LEE AND HILL WOULD NOT CHANGE THIS TEAM COMPLETELY? There are 4 guys in that lineup that can play defense and yet MIke D always has no clue why his player dont play defense....HE STARTS PLAYERS THAT DONT HAVE ANY SKILL ON DEFENSE!

What can you explain to me that does not put blame on MIke D? Everything that has happened has been due to his coaching decisions. His substitutions have been absolutely horrible...he starts horrible players that have been bad all year and benches good players that are getting restless without playing time...he is going from a players coach to a hated coach in one season!

The worst about all of this...if you have ever watched a post game show...is that Mike D STILL HAS NO ANSWER FOR HIS TEAMS LACK OF WILL TO PLAY. How can you have a team that has no "will" to play"???? Bench these guys if they dont want to hustle! It's simple...MIke D has favorites that is the bottom line. He is a classic political highschool type of coach.
:agreed: you took a whole buncha words right outta my mouf, Pablo.
I do like Gallo tho, I think he's getting tired from playing so much, I'd much rather see Hill or Harrington play more when Gallo's doing nothing but standing around or missing shots.

Not only does Mike No-D have favorites (Duhound, Girafferies and Gallo), but his failure to play Douglas and Hill is epic. When N8 was benched for a month, D'anteater complained to inquiring reporters that there weren't enuff minutes for N8, that Douglas was playing better, and Duhound is the only one who can run the offense. blah blah woof woof. So why is Douglas in the dog house now? not enuff minutes for him? Bullsh*t, Duhound's taking up all the minutes with his half-ass play. The hound belongs in the doghouse!! But NOOOOOOOOOOOO...

D'amntoni has stopped the SSOL (= LOSS) because Duhound is a slowpoke sleepyhead with no energy, and there is no Plan B, no plays, no brains. You can see what happens after 7 seconds... 19 wins and 32 losses.

other thoughts on this kingly D'amntoni loss:

Hill played decently in his 6 MINUTES (!), why the bench the rest of game?

It seems that in most losses, Harrington is missing 3's while the other team scores, no?

Why was the freaking giraffe guarding Tyreke Evans? Especially after falling flat on his giraffe-ass!

David Lee disappeared in the 2nd half, the beast is tired...

This short rotation is killing the Knicks, you saw it coming during their December to remember... D'amnfool is reaping what he's sewn.

MUTHAF*CKING PRINGLE!

Paul1355

All Star
:agreed: you took a whole buncha words right outta my mouf, Pablo.
I do like Gallo tho, I think he's getting tired from playing so much, I'd much rather see Hill or Harrington play more when Gallo's doing nothing but standing around or missing shots.

Not only does Mike No-D have favorites (Duhound, Girafferies and Gallo), but his failure to play Douglas and Hill is epic. When N8 was benched for a month, D'anteater complained to inquiring reporters that there weren't enuff minutes for N8, that Douglas was playing better, and Duhound is the only one who can run the offense. blah blah woof woof. So why is Douglas in the dog house now? not enuff minutes for him? Bullsh*t, Duhound's taking up all the minutes with his half-ass play. The hound belongs in the doghouse!! But NOOOOOOOOOOOO...

D'amntoni has stopped the SSOL (= LOSS) because Duhound is a slowpoke sleepyhead with no energy, and there is no Plan B, no plays, no brains. You can see what happens after 7 seconds... 19 wins and 32 losses.

other thoughts on this kingly D'amntoni loss:

Hill played decently in his 6 MINUTES (!), why the bench the rest of game?

It seems that in most losses, Harrington is missing 3's while the other team scores, no?

Why was the freaking giraffe guarding Tyreke Evans? Especially after falling flat on his giraffe-ass!

David Lee disappeared in the 2nd half, the beast is tired...

This short rotation is killing the Knicks, you saw it coming during their December to remember... D'amnfool is reaping what he's sewn.

MUTHAF*CKING PRINGLE!
lol i enjoyed reading this post with all the name calling.

You made point about Gallo and Lee ppssibly being work out with all the playing time. Lee has no help besides Chandler and when Wilson is out, Lee is a one man show...i feel bad for him.

Gallo...I dont know about Gallo. I have my theories about him but honestly I have no clue what is going on in his brain. Could be the pressure, which I think, or it could be that Mike D has him playing a role he does not like. Being the main three point shooter is hurting Gallo's numbes because he never plays aggressive, sits on the three point line, and waits for a pass when his team should be screening his man constantly to get him open for layups, mid range shots, or three's (if he's wide open).