July 2010: If We Don't land Lebron, can we please...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
i agree that ugly (jeffries) suxs...big time... so why start him???... why not start hill to see what u got ...is he in your long term plans or not...

i think 'toni is getting a back-hander from utah to tank the season...

You start him because sadly he is our best defensive player and can guard every position. With him and Duhon playing at the same time you are only left with 3 players who can score and none who are super star level talent. That is why we blow.

paris401

Starter
You start him because sadly he is our best defensive player and can guard every position. With him and Duhon playing at the same time you are only left with 3 players who can score and none who are super star level talent. That is why we blow.

i think his "D" is way over-rated... and he is def not part of our future (do we have a future..that's for another thread)...now hill appears from his short stints in various games to be pretty active (def a bit raw), and maybe (just maybe) is part of our future... we ain't going anywhere this year, so let the rook's play , and lets see what they got.

and no need to showcase 'ugly'... cause that's impossible.. with every shot he attempts, with every shot stuffed back into his face, his value diminish's even further... boy he blows....

clumsy

Rotation player
Don't agree Jeffries has real NBA value and fills a need. Every good team has a player like him. The Thunder for example have Thabo Sefalosha, Rockets have Battier & Ariza. Ariza's offense blows too he's is only marginally better than jeffries offensively cuz he can hit an open jay. In fact a great place for Jeffries would be the lakers czu as much as i love Artest is prone now, lost a step, and no longer gets good elevation on his J (he's not a B offensive player anymore).

Jeffries blows for the money as his contract should be 3 or 4 mil, but more imporantly for this team. We don't have a real #1 yet. We should hope Gallinari becomes one, but either he is playing hurt or he's not developing because of how crap our squad is. I would rather play jeffries than duhon however. I have no clue how duhon is our captain.....how do you make the worst player on your squad captain....he's should mascot or something.

paris401

Starter
i would not mention battier/ariza in the same sentence as 'ugly.

i agree neither are great players, but come on those two can hit an open shot, and if they get the ball underneath they are not going tobe stuff'd 75% of the time...

metrocard

Legend
Just get rid of D'Antoni.

This has nothing to do with the last game performance but moreso my on going opinion of the whole situation with the team.

It's going to be a turning point for this team. Complete roster revamp. Therefore if you're going to tutor the young guys like Gallo, Chandler, Hill, Douglas. They need to be taught the importance of defense. The importance of winning basketball inside the paint. The importance of TEAM BASKETBALL. Something IMPOSSIBLE with a 7 seconds or less system.

Can we get a coach who understands and doesnt shy away from these concepts? That coach will have the CLEANEST slate there is of the past 6 head coaching hires by the Knicks this summer. The opportunity to REALLY start from scratch and assemble a defensive team that is fit for battle.

If we get stuck with D'Antoni and no LeBron and we sign non-defensive players, Im officially giving up as a Knicks fan.

This summer is our opportunity to score some defensive talent and a coach who can turn this franchise around. Please, please don't let me down.....

Thank You.

Sincerely, a disgruntled Knicks fan.

This is a great post.

I don't even have an opinion on D'Antoni because I told myself I would give him a chance when he has a quality team to coach.

I just can't think of any coach in the NBA who can do anything with this roster.

Jefferies and Duhon are starting.

CoolClyde

Defense D'ammit!

I respect this post. You backed up your points well and you didn't make outrageous statements like d'antoni should be fired or that he is a terrible coach. Earlier I saw a d'antoni comparrison to Isiah. If we have gone to that resort then we have failed as fans. You can't be a fan by hating everything about the team. Personally I wasn't much of a fan of by in isiah's last year but this team is perfect and I love an offensive team. Defense is quite boring

jpz17, you've done it again. your love for this D'amnfool coach blinds you to the reality of what it takes to win in the NBA, or ANY professional sport! Walt Frazier, Johnny Hoops, just about every analyst in the sport will tell you, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! BORING???!!!?!?!?!?! SMFH, c'mon now!

"This team is perfect"?... hahaha...because why? Because D'amndickhead is running the squad? OMFG, HELP ME SOMEBODY!!!! PLEASE!!!

D'amntoni said from the very beginning that a high-powered offense will offset defense, and scoring more points than the other team is what wins games. He is correct in that logical retarded assumption, but in the real world of sport, Defense wins. Cases in point, NY Giants, Boston Celtdicks, and of course, the Champion NY Knicks of 69-70 and 72-73.

In those championship seasons, Clyde will tell you that DEFENSE was the key! Red Holzman was a defensive coach. When Knicks traded for defensive-minded Dave Debush, and allowed Willis Reed to move to his natural position at center, the Knicks became the proficient, significant defensive champions 2 out of 4 seasons.

No-D'antoni is a good coach for superstars, as he allows the players to be themselves without any real plays or defensive mindset. However, with a mediocre (at best) team like the Knicks are now, he is a sh*t coach. The way he treats his benched players is bullsh*t (Marbury, N8, Hughes, Milicic, Douglas, Hill) and the way he favors Duhound (the worst starting PG in the history of the franchise), and the OVERATED defense of the starting Giraffe, is a sign of a mental moron. F*ck him and his brother and his whole staff of yes men.

I say FIRE D'AMNTONI!!!!! I wanted Mark Jackson anyway.

Peace.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That's your opinion. I just haven't heard anything or seen anything from Patrick Ewing, or from anybody else, that would make me think that we would have gone after Brook Lopez. There's just no proof that with Ewing or any other coach we would have gotten Lopez...If there is then please cite to it.

Also, it seems like you are hating on Gallinari. I don't know what your opinion is on him, but based on your tone it seems like you don't like him. I'm not sure I agree with your assessment were this the case. I think the Knicks likely would have taken Gallinari at 6 regardless of who was the coach, he was touted as a high-level scorer with NBA-like toughness and great athleticism. I feel like whoever made the decision felt like we first and foremost needed a scorer and an outside threat. I think he's made life slightly easier on David Lee, teams respect Gallo's jumper a D-Lee can get one-on-one a lot easier (which probably has accounted for his improvement this year). Brook Lopez might have done the same (in a different manner), but there was some skepticism with Lopez, moreso than I think there was with Gallo.

If you think they should fire D'Antoni, that's your decision...but I haven't seen from you (or anybody else) who you would get to coach THIS roster (forget about the past), and how that coach's particular experience would help boost this team and make them significantly better than they are right now. It's easy to say "Fire him," but you have to propose a reasonable solution in light of it.

Edit: My bad, I forgot you said something about a defensive-minded coach. I just don't agree that this team has the defensive talent right now to be a solid defensive stopping team. Also, who out there on the market is a defensive minded coach? Patrick Ewing has not taken his system into the limelight, are we SURE he'd be a defensive-minded coach? I'm not. You want to fire D'Antoni, but who do we get to replace him? I've seen suggestions of Herb Williams, but we've been down that route, and it was horrible enough.

The number 1 reason the Houston Rockets and the Orlando Magic signed Patrick Ewing was to work with Yao Ming and Dwight Howard(NBA centers).

If Ewing was the coach of the Knicks, they would have gotten Lopez.
End of discussion.

Knicks' potential lineups, had the Knicks gotten Lopez
PG Robinson
SG Chandler
SF Harrington
PF Lee
C Lopez

or
PG Marbury
SG Crawford
SF Chandler
PF Randolph
C Lopez

Knicks' current lineup
PG Duhomo
SG Chandler
SF Gallinari
PF Jeffries
C Lee

"Pat's a very good coach who's ready to do it, " Van Gundy said. "Like a lot of people, he just needs an opportunity."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-orlando-magic-notes-1203-20091202,0,7119224.story

"Patrick was able to teach me a lot," Yao says. "He's been very good for my career."
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...t_patrick_ewing_working_-1.html#ixzz0fSeEinGa

I'll take their word over yours. The fact that you keep using all of the skepticism with Ewing shows that you don't know what you're talking about. There is so much evidence that supports he would make a good coach, it's not even funny.

Both Ming and Howard's numbers increased, when Ewing was hired to work with them. Both teams improved, when Ewing was hired to work with them.

The Magic made the finals in 09, with Ewing as their assistant coach, and the Rockets won over 50 games twice, with Ewing as their assistant coach.

Stop hating on the Knicks' G.O.A.T, sucka.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PLy5DFR7NM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
Ariza has inane athletic moves, is sick at dunking, and is a competent shooter from behind the arc for his position, and has a decent jumper. And he is young.

He shoots too much, but that's bc of the team he's on mainly.
I miss that kid. Oh well, we got Stevie Franchise for a few games....:barf:

KBlack25

Starter
The number 1 reason the Houston Rockets and the Orlando Magic signed Patrick Ewing was to work with Yao Ming and Dwight Howard(NBA centers).

If Ewing was the coach of the Knicks, they would have gotten Lopez.
End of discussion.

Again, do you have a quote, an article, a statement by anyone to back up this assertion? If you do not answer this, you admit that you do not, and are just making up random thoughts and saying they are fact.

abcd said:
"Pat's a very good coach who's ready to do it, " Van Gundy said. "Like a lot of people, he just needs an opportunity."
abcd said:

So, because Stan Van Gundy says it it's gospel? Let's look at other Stan Van Gundy quotes:

"I emerged from summer league feeling that I would have no trouble, no problem playing Wayne Simien. And I think that's the first step for any player. ... Can a coach put you in the game and feel OK about it? I think he has the skills and the smarts and the toughness where you would have no problem." - Stan Van Gundy on WAYNE ****ING SIMIEN...

By your logic, this means Wayne Simien is a quality NBA player with the ability to play in this league, because Stan said so. Wayne Simien, after being drafted in 2005, last played professional basketball at the SECOND LEVEL (not even top level) in SPAIN!!!!

“I expect Shaq will be the most dominant force in the NBA. I've got a little bit of history to back that up.” and then later..."“Shaquille obviously looked rusty offensively."

Talk about flip-flopping.

Look, just because Stan Van Gundy says something, doesn't make it true. There are head-coaching vacancies every year. Has Patrick been interviewed for one of them? Just one? Maybe those REALLY in the know know something we don't...that this guy might NOT be ready to coach an NBA team.

abcd said:
"Patrick was able to teach me a lot," Yao says. "He's been very good for my career."
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...t_patrick_ewing_working_-1.html#ixzz0fSeEinGa

Both Ming and Howard's numbers increased, when Ewing was hired to work with them. Both teams improved, when Ewing was hired to work with them.

You present quite the logical fallacy here. Just because two things happened in close temporal proximity to each other does not mean that the first thing caused the second thing. That is, just because X happens and then Y happens does NOT mean X caused Y. It's the same fallacy you Team Starbury people pointed out when those against Marbury said, "Every time he leaves a place, the place he left gets better," an argument I have never and will never make. It's correct to point out that fallacy.

The problem with this argument is that it fails to account for external factors. When Patrick got to Yao, Yao had been in the league a mere 2 years, was only 24, and still learning the game at the NBA-pace. During Ewing's tenure there, Yao also got requisite experience at the NBA pace to become a better player. I'm not saying Ewing had NOTHING to do with it, but he wasn't necessarily THE cause even if he was A cause.

Same with Dwight. You fail to account for the fact that when Ewing got there, Dwight had just turned 21, and was finally developing into a player that was adjusted to the NBA game. Ewing MIGHT have helped him, no doubt, but it wasn't the be-all, end-all cause. And even still, Dwight Howard's offensive game remains extremely limited. You still haven't accounted for the fact that Dwight Howard STILL has only one low post move, despite Ewings tutelage, and relies heavily on the fact that he has out-of-this-world athleticism.

abcd said:
I'll take their word over yours. The fact that you keep using all of the skepticism with Ewing shows that you don't know what you're talking about. There is so much evidence that supports he would make a good coach, it's not even funny.

I don't know, that Rookie-Soph game he didn't look like a good coach. A friend of mine from Chicago texted me during the game actually saying "Stan Van Gundy was wrong, this guy can't coach." That's not me, that's a friend of mine who doesn't come on this board and read what anyone has to write. He is an impartial observer.

Maybe coaching an NBA-team would be a better experience, he'd have more time with his players. But his in-game decisions left something to be desired, and this was a nice audition for him. And he dropped the ball.

At the end of the day...might Ewing make a great coach? Perhaps...but, I'll break it down for abcd to respond to nice and easily:

1) If Ewing was our coach, the record is devoid of any evidence that Ewing would have definitely taken Brook Lopez.

2) Ewing has not been interviewed by any team to be head-coach, maybe the league knows something we don't.

3) Stan Van Gundy does not always speak the Gospel.

4) The one game Ewing has head-coached, he looked lost.

5) Saying that Ewing's arrival caused improvement in Howard and Ming fails to account for several external factors, including age and natural player development.

6) How does one explain, if Ewing is as amazing a coach as claimed, the lack of development and diversity in Dwight Howard's offensive game?

7) This is not to say Ewing CAN'T be a great head coach. On the contrary, he can be. You are right to say that the Magic made the NBA Finals with Patrick Ewing as assistant coach...but that diminishes the role of OTHER assistants. How can you just assume, and again, bring up the temporal fallacy, that just because Patrick Ewing was there he CAUSED the team to go to the finals. Are we saying Brendan Malone and Bob Beyer did nothing as assistant coaches? I'm not ready to make that logical leap over a gap of missing information. Should we hire or give interviews to Brendan Malone? Bob Beyer? Any other Magic assistant coach?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

Again, do you have a quote, an article, a statement by anyone to back up this assertion? If you do not answer this, you admit that you do not, and are just making up random thoughts and saying they are fact.

The gringo fails again.

I presented 4 pieces of evidence to back up my statements.

All KBlack has is his words. I have sources and links. He has words.

Fact # 1: The Houston Rockets hired Ewing to work with Yao Ming(an NBA center). The Orlando Magic hired Ewing to work with Dwight Howard(an NBA center).

Had the Knicks gotten Ewing, it would have been after he proved he knew how to develop two of the NBA's best centers, so why wouldn't have they gotten Lopez?

Seriously, KBlack, you are a manipulator.

Fact #2: Stan Van Gundy is an experienced head coach. I am going to take his word over your word, if he says Ewing is ready to be a head coach. Why? Because no head coach in the history of the NBA coached from the day they were born. Someone down the line gave them an opportunity, before they got hired as a head coach.

Your boyfriend D'Antoni coached in Italy and was an assistant before he got a head coaching spot.

Fact #3: Yao Ming is one of the best centers in the NBA. He said Ewing helped him a lot with his career. Again, I'll take his word over yours.

Fact #4: During the Rookie Sophomore game, the announcers asked Howard what was something he did over the summer to improve his game. They mentioned nothing about Ewing, yet he said "Ewing has been great for me. He really helped me a lot."

lol at this gringo bringing up a rookie sophomore game. Does Patrick Ewing coach a team of sophomores?
No, it was a pickup game.

And using your logic, Ewing must be an excellent coach, based on his win against the Western Conference All Stars, last night.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,7119224.story

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz0fSeEinGa

Stop hating on the Knicks' G.O.A.T., sucka.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1dQgocqy2s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
Still waiting on one shred of evidence that if we had Ewing as head coach we definitely would have Lopez, not conjecture that "Ewing was brought in to help centers so we would have drafted one"...Still waiting for abcd to backup his assertion that this definitely would be the case.

Note: abcd did not respond to anything else I said, debunking his "theories", and instead just reposted the stuff that he already posted and I already debunked.

Obviously this fool is scared to actually have a good debate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw1MOkWl-YY

edit: In an effort to get this racist to actually debate, I will repost exactly my points. If he does not answer them, we all know he is a scared little girl. In caps, I make it real easy for abcd to have an actual debate and prove he is not a moron by outlining what his argument should be.

<table id="post112267" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_112267" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(255, 255, 255);">
1) If Ewing was our coach, the record is devoid of any evidence that Ewing would have definitely taken Brook Lopez. GIVE ME AN ARTICLE THAT SAYS WE WOULD HAVE!

2) Ewing has not been interviewed by any team to be head-coach, maybe the league knows something we don't. GIVE ME AN ARTICLE THAT EWING HAS BEEN SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED, EVER, FOR A HEAD COACHING JOB

3) Stan Van Gundy does not always speak the Gospel. I GAVE THREE QUOTES SHOWING STAN VAN GUNDY IS NOT ALWAYS THE MOST TRUSTWORTHY. IF YOU TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT ON EWING YOU MUST THINK WAYNE SIMIEN IS A GOOD BALLER.

4) The one game Ewing has head-coached, he looked lost. AS I SAID, IT MAY NOT BE DISPOSITIVE! BUT IT IS REVELATORY!

5) Saying that Ewing's arrival caused improvement in Howard and Ming fails to account for several external factors, including age and natural player development. ELIMINATE THE EXTERNAL VARIABLE FACTORS OF AGE AND EXPERIENCE!

6) How does one explain, if Ewing is as amazing a coach as claimed, the lack of development and diversity in Dwight Howard's offensive game? EXPLAIN TO ME HOWARD'S LIMITED OFFENSIVE GAME!

7) This is not to say Ewing CAN'T be a great head coach. On the contrary, he can be. You are right to say that the Magic made the NBA Finals with Patrick Ewing as assistant coach...but that diminishes the role of OTHER assistants. How can you just assume, and again, bring up the temporal fallacy, that just because Patrick Ewing was there he CAUSED the team to go to the finals. Are we saying Brendan Malone and Bob Beyer did nothing as assistant coaches? I'm not ready to make that logical leap over a gap of missing information. Should we hire or give interviews to Brendan Malone? Bob Beyer? Any other Magic assistant coach? EXPLAIN WHY WE SHOULDN'T HIRE OR INTERVIEW MALONE OR BEYER!

<!-- / message --> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(255, 255, 255) rgb(255, 255, 255); border-width: 0px 1px 1px;">
</td> <td class="alt1" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(255, 255, 255) rgb(255, 255, 255) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;" align="right"> <!-- controls -->
progress.gif
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The gringo fails again.

I presented 4 pieces of evidence to back up my statements.

All KBlack has is his words. I have sources and links. He has words.

Fact # 1: The Houston Rockets hired Ewing to work with Yao Ming(an NBA center). The Orlando Magic hired Ewing to work with Dwight Howard(an NBA center).

Had the Knicks gotten Ewing, it would have been after he proved he knew how to develop two of the NBA's best centers, so why wouldn't have they gotten Lopez?

Seriously, KBlack, you are a manipulator.

Fact #2: Stan Van Gundy is an experienced head coach. I am going to take his word over your word, if he says Ewing is ready to be a head coach. Why? Because no head coach in the history of the NBA coached from the day they were born. Someone down the line gave them an opportunity, before they got hired as a head coach.

Your boyfriend D'Antoni coached in Italy and was an assistant before he got a head coaching spot.

Fact #3: Yao Ming is one of the best centers in the NBA. He said Ewing helped him a lot with his career. Again, I'll take his word over yours.

Fact #4: During the Rookie Sophomore game, the announcers asked Howard what was something he did over the summer to improve his game. They mentioned nothing about Ewing, yet he said "Ewing has been great for me. He really helped me a lot."

lol at this gringo bringing up a rookie sophomore game. Does Patrick Ewing coach a team of sophomores?
No, it was a pickup game.

And using your logic, Ewing must be an excellent coach, based on his win against the Western Conference All Stars, last night.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,7119224.story

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz0fSeEinGa

Stop hating on the Knicks' G.O.A.T., sucka.<object width="425" height="344">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1dQgocqy2s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Everything I bolded is evidence. KBlack is just mad, because he is a D'Antonisexual and I exposed him.

Keep crying. I'll be laughing.

LMAO!!! KBlack reposted his own words and passed it off as a source.

I used links from credible websites and he uses his own words. What a fail. :lol:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3o_IfcTRwT0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
abcd said:
How does this PROVE that EWING would have DRAFTED a Center? How does this PROVE that EWING would look at our roster and say "Brook Lopez, in particular, is the guy I want"? The fact that some teams hired Ewing to be a Centers-coach does not mean that Ewing wants to draft centers!!!

abcd said:
Stan Van Gundy is an experienced head coach. I am going to take his word over your word, if he says Ewing is ready to be a head coach. Why? Because no head coach in the history of the NBA coached from the day they were born. Someone down the line gave them an opportunity, before they got hired as a head coach.
Stan Van Gundy may be experienced, but as I showed he has a tendency to spout hyperbole...are you a Wayne Simien fan too?

abcd said:
Yao Ming is one of the best centers in the NBA. He said Ewing helped him a lot with his career. Again, I'll take his word over yours.

But this does not mean that Ewing was SOLELY responsible for Yao's improvement. You are ignoring other very relevant factors.

abcd said:
During the Rookie Sophomore game, the announcers asked Howard what was something he did over the summer to improve his game. They mentioned nothing about Ewing, yet he said "Ewing has been great for me. He really helped me a lot."
Obviously they went for comment about the game, and chose Dwight because his assistant coach was a head coach. And what is Dwight going to say? "Ewing is horrible and has done nothing for me, I still have a limited offensive game"? Obviously, they were going for him to comment, and he made a comment about the coach.

Next? In an effort to get abcd to debate, I will repost my points that abcd has ignored, again because he is a scared little cry baby...I made it easy on him. If he ignores again, we know he is scared to have an actual debate.

<table id="post112267" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_112267" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(255, 255, 255);">
1) If Ewing was our coach, the record is devoid of any evidence that Ewing would have definitely taken Brook Lopez. GIVE ME AN ARTICLE THAT SAYS WE WOULD HAVE!

2) Ewing has not been interviewed by any team to be head-coach, maybe the league knows something we don't. GIVE ME AN ARTICLE THAT EWING HAS BEEN SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED, EVER, FOR A HEAD COACHING JOB

3) Stan Van Gundy does not always speak the Gospel. I GAVE THREE QUOTES SHOWING STAN VAN GUNDY IS NOT ALWAYS THE MOST TRUSTWORTHY. IF YOU TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT ON EWING YOU MUST THINK WAYNE SIMIEN IS A GOOD BALLER.

4) The one game Ewing has head-coached, he looked lost. AS I SAID, IT MAY NOT BE DISPOSITIVE! BUT IT IS REVELATORY!

5) Saying that Ewing's arrival caused improvement in Howard and Ming fails to account for several external factors, including age and natural player development. ELIMINATE THE EXTERNAL VARIABLE FACTORS OF AGE AND EXPERIENCE!

6) How does one explain, if Ewing is as amazing a coach as claimed, the lack of development and diversity in Dwight Howard's offensive game? EXPLAIN TO ME HOWARD'S LIMITED OFFENSIVE GAME!

7) This is not to say Ewing CAN'T be a great head coach. On the contrary, he can be. You are right to say that the Magic made the NBA Finals with Patrick Ewing as assistant coach...but that diminishes the role of OTHER assistants. How can you just assume, and again, bring up the temporal fallacy, that just because Patrick Ewing was there he CAUSED the team to go to the finals. Are we saying Brendan Malone and Bob Beyer did nothing as assistant coaches? I'm not ready to make that logical leap over a gap of missing information. Should we hire or give interviews to Brendan Malone? Bob Beyer? Any other Magic assistant coach? EXPLAIN WHY WE SHOULDN'T HIRE OR INTERVIEW MALONE OR BEYER!

<!-- / message --> </td></tr></tr></tbody></table>

KBlack25

Starter
Everything I bolded is evidence. KBlack is just mad, because he is a D'Antonisexual and I exposed him.

Keep crying. I'll be laughing.

LMAO!!! KBlack reposted his own words and passed it off as a source.

I used links from credible websites and he uses his own words. What a fail. :lol:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3o_IfcTRwT0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Translation:

abcd said:
I lost, I have no credible sources to prove my points. I am just making logical leaps without any evidence to support it and passing it off as fact. I know it's not fact, I know I'm an idiot. I have no argumentation skills. I lost.

I WIN I WIN I WIN
ETHER OH SNAP YOU SUCK

****ing moron.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
What a worm!!! The hate you have for our greatest player ever is disgusting. You, and your kind, are not Knick fans. At most, you're all johnny-come-lately. Ewing has not been gone that long for any real, proven Knick fan to sh1t on him with such glee.

You're saying Ewing is a bad coach because his players didn't win a glorified pick-up game, with no real value to those playing in the game? Please, dude... save yourself from yourself.

You're not a fan of this team, unless we're talking about you serving as an instrument used to cool off Knick players or its real fans.

Ewing= pure, true Knicks (what real fans want to get back to): grit, heart, in the face of adversity and haters. If that's not clicking with you, then you're not a real Knick fan.

D'Antoni= an anti-Isiah reaction, with no command of respect from true Knick fans. Your, and your like's, allegiance to his every word and decision proves you have no history or roots with this team. As such, you jump from one dude to another, like the proverbial common whore.

You and your KOL lovers fail, as always.

Ewing, Jr., not Anthony Roberson, Gallo, or any other dude that is only now being heard of, deserved a shot at playing for the Knicks. All true, 82-game-watching, depressed after playoff elimination, long time Knick fans know and feel that.

Ewing, Sr., our greatest player ever, deserved, at minimum an interview followed by an assistant job. True Knick fans know he should have been our head coach.

You can't show up to a family, buddy, and say you're family, without recognizing the people in that family.

So... you fat gringo, go jump off a ledge-o.

KBlack25

Starter
What a worm!!! The hate you have for our greatest player ever is disgusting. You, and your kind, are not Knick fans. At most, you're all johnny-come-lately. Ewing has not been gone that long for any real, proven Knick fan to sh1t on him with such glee.

You're saying Ewing is a bad coach because his players didn't win a glorified pick-up game, with no real value to those playing in the game? Please, dude... save yourself from yourself.

You're not a fan of this team, unless we're talking about you serving as an instrument used to cool off Knick players or its real fans.

Ewing= pure, true Knicks (what real fans want to get back to): grit, heart, in the face of adversity and haters. If that's not clicking with you, then you're not a real Knick fan.

D'Antoni= an anti-Isiah reaction, with no command of respect from true Knick fans. Your, and your like's, allegiance to his every word and decision proves you have no history or roots with this team. As such, you jump from one dude to another, like the proverbial common whore.

You and your KOL lovers fail, as always.

Ewing, Jr., not Anthony Roberson, Gallo, or any other dude that is only now being heard of, deserved a shot at playing for the Knicks. All true, 82-game-watching, depressed after playoff elimination, long time Knick fans know and feel that.

Ewing, Sr., our greatest player ever, deserved, at minimum an interview followed by an assistant job. True Knick fans know he should have been our head coach.

You can't show up to a family, buddy, and say you're family, without recognizing the people in that family.

So... you fat gringo, go jump off a ledge-o.

Here's my issue with that OG...you say he deserved, at minimum, an interview? Fine, but would you have been happy if he got a cursory interview with no shot at landing the job?

That is, in the NFL right now, there's the Rooney Rule. It's well known that teams interview black coaches to get the Rooney Rule complied with even though they are not truly considered for the job. Dolan is Dolan, he wants an established guy as coach, look at our last few: D'Antoni, Isiah (who had past experience in Indiana), Brown, Wilkens...

Dolan wanted to hire a guy with experience, if Ewing got interviewed he would have stood NO chance at getting the job. To me that's worse than not getting an interview at all.

You seem to be stating you'd satisfied if Ewing got a cursory, glancing interview for aesthetic sake (clarify if this is not what you are saying), just as long as he GOT an interview. If Ewing is getting an interview, I want him to be seriously considered. But with Dolan there, there's no way he would have gotten truly serious consideration. To me, a cursory interview like coaches get in the NFL is worse than not getting one at all.

I'm a D'Antoni lover? Really? I guess you just ignore when I've criticized a ton of his decisions as of late...I just don't think anyone could win with this roster, and see no real use in firing him. It just would make us worse off because Dolan would still have to pay D'Antoni AND a new coach, and Dolan is a cheap piece of shit.

Patrick Ewing, JR. > Gallo? Please...get a grip dude.

And again, I'm not shitting on Ewing as a player. But what evidence do we really have that this guy would be a solid head coach? Stan Van Gundy saying so? That's it? All I'm saying is that his "resume" can easily be explained by external factors...His lone head-coaching experience, in a pick-up game, was ugly...and that's being nice about it.

I understand Ewing is pure grit in the face of adversity. I remember those Knicks teams from Oakley-Ewing even to Sprewell-Houston-Camby, they played rough, they didn't let you in the paint, and if you got into the paint they made sure you didn't want to go back. I remember 1994...But the rules have since changed, refs have become extremely protective of the offensive player, that kind of bumping doesn't fly any more. Do I like it? No. But that's the nature of the game nowadays. It's become less physical and more finesse. Those Knicks teams would get into quick foul trouble if their games were called today. I don't like it, but that's the way it is in the face of recent rule changes.

We have no evidence of HOW Ewing would act as a head coach, really. That's my point. So to say he definitely would draft Brook Lopez and he definitely would make this horrid roster a winner is making too many logical leaps. If you can't see that, you have failed.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Wouldn't being a diehard Knicks fan make you not want Ewing as our headcoach? Would any Knicks fan want to give the worst roster in the NBA to Ewing and thereby destroy his legacy? If Ewing was our headcoach we would have won the same amount of games (maybe a few more or maybe a few less) and everybody would be screaming for him to be fired.