Ninja Turtle for Tyrus rumours resurfacing...

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Honestly Smokes, we can use Tyrus. He can play the C position. Oh on top of that he's a good DEFENDER, which we so need. I wouldn't mind this at all. I mean I understand your rotation argument but he can probably contribute more than other players we have.

smokes

Huge Member
Honestly Smokes, we can use Tyrus. He can play the C position. Oh on top of that he's a good DEFENDER, which we so need. I wouldn't mind this at all. I mean I understand your rotation argument but he can probably contribute more than other players we have.

I understand what you're saying but at this point in the season we should throw Hill in at C and give him as much development time as possible. Tyrus is even shorter than Lee so having him at C is bleh even though he can play good D. Point is we don't need Tyrus as much as they need Harrington, and they are also players in the 2010 FA market so why would we want to help them out?

Paul1355

All Star
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ying_to_hook_knicks_on_thomas_for_harrington/

Don't really understand this... Tyrus is good sure but he's expiring and we don't need yet another forward to try to fit into the rotation. If Chicago don't want to take back salary then why on earth would we trade with them? They need Harrington to fill their scoring void but we don't need Tyrus so just another example of the Bulls trying to rape us in a trade.
Tyrus plays defense, is athletic and rebounds at a high rate with alot of playing time. I know Harrington's offense can carry us at times but he is inconsistent and we dont know what he is going to ask for. We have David Lee and Jordan Hill, which means that Harrington is useless unless he starts at SF with Wilson at the 2 guard.

Having Tyrus Thomas wil help this team on defense and rebounding, which Harrington lacks, and by hpeoflly using Hill as a Center, Thomas can be our main big man off the bench. It's really not a bad idea if we can pull it off.

Tyrus Thomas just has to stay healthy.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I understand what you're saying but at this point in the season we should throw Hill in at C and give him as much development time as possible. Tyrus is even shorter than Lee so having him at C is bleh even though he can play good D. Point is we don't need Tyrus as much as they need Harrington, and they are also players in the 2010 FA market so why would we want to help them out?

That's the thing. If we do get rid of Harrington, it would free up more minutes for our younger players. Whenever Harrington is on the court he takes every shot, no matter if he's on or off. With him gone I see players like Gallo stepping up and contributing more. Tyrus is 6'9 but he plays like he's 7'2. His wing span and ability to block is something we need. I understand your point on it's late in the season but this trade will give other players a bigger role, especially Gallo.

ANU

Starter
if its a straight up deal, i want to swap a second rounder for their first rounder.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Why not huh? Harrington is the better player but hes so Jamal Crawford-like that its aggravating. Some of the shots he takes are just retarted. Thomas is another nutcase who could have been the next generation Matrix, but like I said about Mike Beasly before, he continues to squander his talent. Will Mike D get more out of him? I doubt it, but it's worth a shot I guess.

mafra

Legend
Al is a good guy and all that; it's just that Harrington isn't a great fit for D'ant's offensive system.

Tyrus Thomas brings defense and rebounding. He blocks shots. He's insurance in case Lee flees. Thomas and Hill gives NY a respectable front court... especially if Lebron is running the show.

Bottom line: Best to get something for AL. He wont be back next year. Thomas is wearing his welcome out in CHI. Has tremendous upside. There's a reason why he's available... but you hope a change of scenery does him good. Look at his rebounds-blocks, and imagine if he was playing 30 minutes.

Not saying Thomas will be an all-star, but why not roll the dice? What else do we have to lose?

smokes

Huge Member
Al is a good guy and all that; it's just that Harrington isn't a great fit for D'ant's offensive system.

Tyrus Thomas brings defense and rebounding. He blocks shots. He's insurance in case Lee flees. Thomas and Hill gives NY a respectable front court... especially if Lebron is running the show.

Bottom line: Best to get something for AL. He wont be back next year. Thomas is wearing his welcome out in CHI. Has tremendous upside. There's a reason why he's available... but you hope a change of scenery does him good. Look at his rebounds-blocks, and imagine if he was playing 30 minutes.

Not saying Thomas will be an all-star, but why not roll the dice? What else do we have to lose?

While I agree Thomas brings things to our team that we lack, we aren't in need of another forward. Chicago desperately needs a scorer to catapult them to a true playoff calibre team. Harrington would be their Ben Gordon this year. Why should we give them a piece they desperately need for a guy who brings a few things to our team but is also out of contract at the end of the season. Unless there was a draft pick thrown in I wouldn't pull the trigger on this personally...

The more we help the Bulls the better position they are in to steal a free agent away from us.

mafra

Legend
While I agree Thomas brings things to our team that we lack, we aren't in need of another forward. Chicago desperately needs a scorer to catapult them to a true playoff calibre team. Harrington would be their Ben Gordon this year. Why should we give them a piece they desperately need for a guy who brings a few things to our team but is also out of contract at the end of the season. Unless there was a draft pick thrown in I wouldn't pull the trigger on this personally...

The more we help the Bulls the better position they are in to steal a free agent away from us.

I believe TT has an option we can pick up.... A cheap option. 4-5 mil? If we can't dump JJ, then Knicks can only sign 1 max free agent (which means no LJ & DL). SO, this move is insurance. If Lee walks, then we could use a PF.

Let's face it... we aint resigning Al no matter what. SO, if we're stuck with JJ, and we lose both AL & Lee... then isn't TT a decent option?

I mean, at least JJ, TT & Hill provide LJ with some support. Hear what I'm saying?

Who cares about CHI and their playoff chances? MAYBE... a BIG maybe.... we take both games against CHI after the all-star break... maybe we have hope.... BUt odds of this team even making a run at the playoffs is a LONG shot.

Tyrus Thomas is young enough, and has potential, to be a steal. He's insurance in case we lose Lee, or are unable to lure a LJ or Bosh.

Thomas would also compliment David Lee, if our only option is to retain Lee and sign a Rudy Gay or Joe Johnson.

Basically, Al Harrington is worthless right now. Let's get something for him.

smokes

Huge Member
Nah he doesn't have an option, this is the last year of his rookie contract. His qualifying offer is 6 million.

And I agree on a few of the points but the main point I'm trying to make is, why should we make Chicago better when they are our competition in 2010 FA? The better they are the more attractive they are.

mafra

Legend
Nah he doesn't have an option, this is the last year of his rookie contract. His qualifying offer is 6 million.

And I agree on a few of the points but the main point I'm trying to make is, why should we make Chicago better when they are our competition in 2010 FA? The better they are the more attractive they are.

Hear that... But Al Harrington doesn't make them more attractive.

I doubt LJ goes to CHI anyway. Joe Johnson? Perhaps. Wade? Maybe.

Still, they already have Rose-Noah as their pieces. Wade will either play there or stay in MIA... NY is not an option.

NY will either get LJ (if he leaves CLE) or make a run at Joe Johnson (and keep Lee). I don't see CHI hurting our chances either way.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

The last thing we need to do is get another sub 7 foot PF playing center in NY. We need a real 5 not a faux 5.

Paul1355

All Star
The last thing we need to do is get another sub 7 foot PF playing center in NY. We need a real 5 not a faux 5.

this is true but Jordan Hill can play a 5 role due to his strength, athleticism and rebounding abilities.

for now....

but signing a legit Center or trading for one is the #1 goal.

CoolClyde

Tyrus for Harrington, OK

I agree with Mafra's post, Tyrus-saurus is a better defender than Lee, and just like Hill became our draft pick IN CASE we couldn't sign DLEE, I think Donnie would make this trade for the same reason, as DLEE's value just went thru the roof with ASG selection.

2nd reason: why lose Harrington for nothing?
3rd reason: Tyrus is a better defender than anyone we now have, he towers over Girafferies, defensively-speaking, and he BLOCKS SHOTS. If Donnie can rid us of the Giraffe, Tyrus will fill his defensive void as well.
4th reason: he's younger than Al, and will fit in with our youthful core of Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, Hill
5th reason: why not? all other arguments don't hold water :2cents: