Espn.com insider has Knicks going for Joe Johnson

Paul1355

All Star
http://twitter.com/NBARumorCentral

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors#14446

So i have been saying that the most realistic move is for Joe Johnson to come to NY in 2010. He gave Mike D credit for playing him starter's minutes and developing his game. Johnson has rejected a deal from the Hawks this year. I have always seen Johnson in a Knicks uniform for some weird reason.

Now ESPN insider, which is usually the best rumor central news, is saying that the Knicks are the #1 buyer for Johnson and/or that Johnson just wants to come to NY...if i had the insider this would be great but I don't.

Does everyone buy this rumors and think that Johnson would fit nice with this team? He can be our main scorer and is a good passer. Thoughts?

knicksin60

Starter
http://twitter.com/NBARumorCentral

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors#14446

So i have been saying that the most realistic move is for Joe Johnson to come to NY in 2010. He gave Mike D credit for playing him starter's minutes and developing his game. Johnson has rejected a deal from the Hawks this year. I have always seen Johnson in a Knicks uniform for some weird reason.

Now ESPN insider, which is usually the best rumor central news, is saying that the Knicks are the #1 buyer for Johnson and/or that Johnson just wants to come to NY...if i had the insider this would be great but I don't.

Does everyone buy this rumors and think that Johnson would fit nice with this team? He can be our main scorer and is a good passer. Thoughts?

Will these move happen this season or after this season?

New New York

Quiet Storm
I've always like Joe Johnson

but without a PG or a true Center Joe Johnson would be of no use. He is better off in ATL and we are better off spending the money we would use on a Max FA on filling some gaps.

jrdrny

Benchwarmer

but without a PG or a true Center Joe Johnson would be of no use. He is better off in ATL and we are better off spending the money we would use on a Max FA on filling some gaps.
thats the thing joe johnson can run point the line up would be
joe
wilson
gallo
jj
lee
and joe will be a great defener because of his size and the size of an average point guard

paris401

Starter

he rejected an extention of some 65m over 4year, so he is a max FA...or looking for a max contract... nice player, not worth 15/16m per...

milchshake

Benchwarmer
johnson, fernandez, camby, mcgrady even ridnour who else only in this week ? who got someone for the knicks ?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Great. We dumped 2 years and have pinned our hopes on Joe Johnson.

I don't know why he would leave Atlanta for the worst roster in the NBA. This franchise is cursed forever.

Paul1355

All Star
Great. We dumped 2 years and have pinned our hopes on Joe Johnson.

I don't know why he would leave Atlanta for the worst roster in the NBA. This franchise is cursed forever.
lol we have to break that curse...if the piece of dirt red sox can break a huge curse like they had...then the knicks can do it...have faith!

iSaYughh

Starter
Man, it sickens me when I see people give potential lineups that include Jared Jeffries. The layers of pathetic if that man is still on our roster after this season can't be overstated.

Can we even sign Lee and Johnson? I don't think so.

If we could (bigbigBIG if) and we add another year of slavery to our fandom, we could look forward to a potential contender if Gallo and Hill develop the year after, barring a couple trades:

C Hill
PF Lee
SF Gallo
SG Chandler
PG Johnson

Jeffries' expiring, 1st --> Devin Harris

C Hill
PF Lee
SF Gallo
SG Johnson
PG Harris

Key Bench: Chandler, Douglas, CurryExpiring.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
Man, it sickens me when I see people give potential lineups that include Jared Jeffries. The layers of pathetic if that man is still on our roster after this season can't be overstated.

Can we even sign Lee and Johnson? I don't think so.

If we could (bigbigBIG if) and we add another year of slavery to our fandom, we could look forward to a potential contender if Gallo and Hill develop the year after, barring a couple trades:

C Hill
PF Lee
SF Gallo
SG Chandler
PG Johnson

Jeffries' expiring, 1st --> Devin Harris

C Hill
PF Lee
SF Gallo
SG Johnson
PG Harris

Key Bench: Chandler, Douglas, CurryExpiring.
I don't think Jeffries is that bad. He's IMHO top 5 DPOTY.
Honestly I would sign up to have your projected lineup.

iSaYughh

Starter

I honestly don't think Jeffries is that bad either! But that actually underscores my pt. of disgust with Donnie Walsh *if* he isn't traded/dumped!

Jeffries is actually a pretty serviceable player; you consider him top5 DPOTY, and you aren't alone. He clearly has value, and clearly would have measurable value for contending teams, or teams on the brink, in particular.

That said, this entire franchise -- by the work, words, and wisdom -- of the front office, has designated our lifeline on Plan 2010.

Plan 2010 can, realistically, only be positioned to truly work *if* Jeffries is traded.

His relative value for our team is -100000000000000000 because of this, even though his actual value to many other teams would be +10000000000, because he is indeed pretty solid, and has some interesting value. This is especially true since we are *simply* trying to dump him, and won't even expect to get back *any* value.

I actually wouldn't mind the roster I mentioned above, either. but, to get that, it would take initiative on the part of our franchise -- the very same initiative they seem to be perplexed by in executing in even the most rudimentary (and fundamental) aspects of the single biggest plan we have been told: Plan 2010.

Paul1355

All Star

Top 5 defensive player of the year?????

wow Jeffries is so overrated on this forum.

Take away his ability to take a charge and you have nothing. I can't believe some people honestly feel he is that good on defense. He gets dominated against Centers.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Consolation Prize: McGrady and Johnson

So, we'll basically have the same roster plus Joe Johnson (if this is true) providing we get Lee back along with a few cheap players to round out the roster.

Is this why we're pursuing McGrady? As a plan B to another declining SG?

And still, we sputter along with no real center or PG.

In all honesty, how much is Joe Johnson really worth? More than Lee?

If we were to sign Johnson at $10m and Lee the same for example, we'd have $6m to spare to round out the roster with 4 more players. An average of $1.5m/player.

****ing Donnie. You catatonic old cunt.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
if the wizards land the first pick, the fact that we can't move jeffires and curry might be a blessing in disguise.grunfeld doesn't shy away from dealing picks for expirings as he did with the 5th pick last year.curry and jeffires deals match up perfectly to arenas's deal.if they want to get rid of arena's deal all they gotta do is send that first pick this way and its a done deal.you got wall, cousins or whomever the **** donnie thinks will make us a better team.

the issue will be lee's situation.

as far as the roster is concerned out of the players that will most likely be here

pg-? (sorry toney, you ain't no pg )
sg-?
sf-chandler
pf-lee gallinari hill
c-?

we have legitimate question marks at 3 positions.if the wizards hypothetical is realistic by the end of the lotto, and such trade takes place, we'd have wall,turner, aldrich and cousins to fill one of those question marks, if lee is going to be re-signed, then hill and gallinari need to get dealt (obviously for equal value) to fill the other 2 question marks.

so are situation would be
pg-? wizards draft pick, or player from gallinari, lee or hill trade
sg-? wizards pick ot player from gallinari, lee or hill trade
sf-chandler
pf- gallinari, lee or hill
c- wizards pick, or player from lee, gallinari or hill trade.

then when arena's crazy ass gets out of jail, he'll be the 6th man.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Joe Jonson is aight...

He isn't a franchise player and at best will be another Alan Houston. If he is in the 10mil range and we get Bosh and an upgrade at point I could I live with that.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
So, we'll basically have the same roster plus Joe Johnson (if this is true) providing we get Lee back along with a few cheap players to round out the roster.

Is this why we're pursuing McGrady? As a plan B to another declining SG?

And still, we sputter along with no real center or PG.

In all honesty, how much is Joe Johnson really worth? More than Lee?

If we were to sign Johnson at $10m and Lee the same for example, we'd have $6m to spare to round out the roster with 4 more players. An average of $1.5m/player.

****ing Donnie. You catatonic old cunt.

So Joe Johnson turns down a 4 year/60 million extension to sign and stay with an up and coming Atlanta Hawks and you think he will sign with us for less. What planet are you living in?

paris401

Starter
I honestly don't think Jeffries is that bad either! But that actually underscores my pt. of disgust with Donnie Walsh *if* he isn't traded/dumped!
Jeffries is actually a pretty serviceable player; you consider him top5 DPOTY, and you aren't alone. He clearly has value, and clearly would have measurable value for contending teams, or teams on the brink, in particular.

pretty servicable??? what games are u looking at... 'ugly' can't shoot for shit, 9 times out of 10 he gets stuff'd underneath... imo his "D" is waaay overrated... he just plain sux's..

and he is servicable... maybe at a couple of million, but if he gets traded, his cap space next year is 9.8m... is that servicable???

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I'm all for Joe Johnson!! I've said it over the past years that I wanted him on this team. He can score and more importantly he can pass! He has a point guard mentality and I like that. He is fundamentally strong and that is something that this team lacks!! Nate is a perfect example of this; he is a 1 man show and the team suffers for it. If we get Joe Johnson and Bosh we will be in pretty good shape. Keep in mind with Curry's and Jefferson's expiring contracts; we might be able to pull off a key trade in the off season or during next season. If Walsh get's Joe Johnson, this would show me that they are finally making smart signings and/or trades!!!