Nate Robinson was going to be traded?

Paul1355

All Star
This website said that a source said that the Grizzlies were going to take Nate Robinson, or that the Knicks wanted to trade him a few weeks ago but Nate shut it down.

Prokhorov's next moves remain a mystery
Comments: 2
NETS BLOG
Last Updated: 8:09 PM, February 14, 2010
Posted: 3:22 AM, February 14, 2010
PRINT EMAIL
RSS
Peter Vecsey
HOOP DU JOUR
* I have it on impeccable authority the Mavericks and Wizards will complete the following consequential trade before the Feb. 18 deadline:
Dallas will get Caron Butler (owed $10.56 million next season) and free agent-to-be Brendan Haywood, who immediately upgrade its currently wobbly chances of advancing more than a round in the playoffs.
Washington gets cap space. Josh Howard's $11.9 million salary is at the team's option (so he will become a free agent) and Drew Gooden's contract terminates on July 1.
Dallas also gets DeShawn Stevenson (owed $4.1M next season), and Washington takes Quinton Ross who has an additional year guarantee (1.146M) and James Singleton ($l.03M).

Based solely on this season's numbers, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, already exceeding the luxury tax by roughly $21M, this deal costs him an extra $3.34M in order to renovate on the run.
Don't think the Wizards are satisfied just to clear $15M off next year's cap. They continue to shop Antawn Jamison, who has two years left at $13.3M and $15M for an expiring contract, namely belonging to Zydrunas Ilgauskas ($11.5M). The Cavaliers are weighing Jamison's acquisition against the financial/personnel impact of obtaining Amar'e Stoudemire. A third option is Indiana's Troy Murphy.
Yesterday, after the All-Star practice, there was a media session. Seemed like Stoudemire and LeBron James purposely were doing their interviews alongside each other to fuel the idea they would soon be playing together and perpetually grinning at the prospect.
* Allen Iverson withdrew from the All-Star game (he missed the Sixers' last four) because his 3-year-old, Messiah, has a heart infection. I'm told doctors can't figure it out and her condition is worsening. . . . Another hospital report from Philadelphia: Earl Monroe underwent sinus surgery last week. He has gone under the knife 26 times in his life and needs two more in upcoming months to alleviate neck/vertebrae problems. Man, am I glad I couldn't play at Earl's level.
Sources say the Knicks could have moved Nate Robinson to the Grizzlies a few weeks ago, but he told them he wants to remain in New York. His contract gives him the right to make that call. . . . This just in from column contributor Richie Kalikow: Karen Sypher has endorsed Rick Pitino to Nets. Says he brings a lot to the table.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets...ystery_HH6iuhSwsucbJklZMmoJbI/1#ixzz0fZILyNqE

WE CAN ASSUME THAT NATE WILL NOT BE BACK NEXT YEAR IF THE KNICKS WANTED TO TRADE HIM A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO.

iSaYughh

Starter
Prolly sucks for us, but can't say I blame N8.

Just a shame he wasn't playing legit minutes long ago....nothing like watching Hill & Co. ride the bench while Christopher DuDonkey bastardizes our team.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
I hope D'Antoni benches Nate for the rest of the season but it wont happen. Before Nate, they atleast were in the playoff picture. After Nate came back, they won a few games then fell of the map....thanks to the return of "The Nate Robinson Show" among other things.

Nate blows. It was painful to show his ass to the ASW, winning with his lame, recycled dunks - knowing a clown like that with his fake hustle symbolizes this lame era and decade of lousy Knicks basketball.

Us real Knicks fans know who the winners are and who the losers are. Let the little kids enjoy Nate for the rest of the season and kick his ass to the curb

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I hope D'Antoni benches Nate for the rest of the season but it wont happen. Before Nate, they atleast were in the playoff picture. After Nate came back, they won a few games then fell of the map....thanks to the return of "The Nate Robinson Show" among other things.

Nate blows. It was painful to show his ass to the ASW, winning with his lame, recycled dunks - knowing a clown like that with his fake hustle symbolizes this lame era and decade of lousy Knicks basketball.

Us real Knicks fans know who the winners are and who the losers are. Let the little kids enjoy Nate for the rest of the season and kick his ass to the curb

You gotta be humming my balls! Nate blows?!!! I know he's not Chris Paul, D Rose, etc. Look at our team, is this Nate's fault? Nate probably isn't an NBA starter, but he's a great scorer off the bench. Nate is used poorly because D'Antoni is worthless with gauging substitutions. It's pretty simple, when Nate is great he should get 30 minutes, when he's looking mediocre he should get 12. Also, yes, crappy dunk contest, but Nate was the most exciting there and won. Bitch at G-G-G G-Force and Shannon Brown if you want but Nate outdid the competition, can't complain about that. Dude is shorter than me, I'd give him a 10 for a basic dunk so yeah, he still impresses me dunking. I have criticized Nate quite a bit because he's not much more than a good bench player and I don't think plays consistently to his potential. That said you say "us real knicks fans know who the winners are and who the losers are". Well I certainly consider myself a true knicks fan as I've endured watching every game of the past 7 years or so of awfulness, often giving up better entertainment, because it's my favorite team in all of sports. Do I think Nate is a stud, nope, but winners vs losers, brother you got a lot of people on this roster you could and should point to before Nate.

Kiyaman

Legend

The game before Nate came off of DNP was against the Nets inwhich the Knicks lost.....the next 3 games with Nate the Knicks won.
u need to check Dantoni's rotation of players, and minutes played.

Paul1355

All Star
You gotta be humming my balls! Nate blows?!!! I know he's not Chris Paul, D Rose, etc. Look at our team, is this Nate's fault? Nate probably isn't an NBA starter, but he's a great scorer off the bench. Nate is used poorly because D'Antoni is worthless with gauging substitutions. It's pretty simple, when Nate is great he should get 30 minutes, when he's looking mediocre he should get 12. Also, yes, crappy dunk contest, but Nate was the most exciting there and won. Bitch at G-G-G G-Force and Shannon Brown if you want but Nate outdid the competition, can't complain about that. Dude is shorter than me, I'd give him a 10 for a basic dunk so yeah, he still impresses me dunking. I have criticized Nate quite a bit because he's not much more than a good bench player and I don't think plays consistently to his potential. That said you say "us real knicks fans know who the winners are and who the losers are". Well I certainly consider myself a true knicks fan as I've endured watching every game of the past 7 years or so of awfulness, often giving up better entertainment, because it's my favorite team in all of sports. Do I think Nate is a stud, nope, but winners vs losers, brother you got a lot of people on this roster you could and should point to before Nate.

great response...kiya you are slaughtering Mike D...i wish he could read these post and get a wake up call lol