Jordan Hill is the snag in the T-Mac deal....really?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok, I am not saying that Jordan Hill may not turn out to be a decent player in this league, but is he projected to be so good that he is worth us not being major players in the 2010 FA market?

It boils down to is he better than any player we could potentially sign this summer? I dont see it!

Look we dont know how true the reports were that we had an opportunity to dump Jefferies to Sac. last year, but these reports seem pretty accurate this year and Hill has not showed me he is worth us not getting some more cap room.

You know what? I could even understand if the unprotected 2012 pick was the snag more than Jordan Hill being the hold up! The unprotected pick in 2012 has more potential!

And I kinda like Hill, but I dont see an All Star in him!

Jordan Hill and Jefferies pretty much represent what you could pay Lee next year...... meaning you could resign Lee for 10 million and then add a player like Joe Johnson for14 million next year and have could still have up to 13 million dollars left to play with!

Look I am not totally sold on the swapping of picks and the 2012 unprotected pick, so again I could understand that being the hold up.... but I do know that I would personally fly Hill to Houston -when I get my G-6 out the shop LOL- to make this deal work.

To make an omelette you have to break a few eggs Donnie!

iSaYughh

Starter
Agreed 100%

How ironic this could be. Donnie aborts our draft by playing the game as deft as a gimp 1-legged mule; and now, the brilliant selection he sat on @ 8 will be the holding block in turning this entire franchise around.

I can see wanting to keep Hill, because he will help us trade for a C....but if push comes to shove, Donnie better boot his ass astat.

Could Jordan Hill be so good that he rode the bench like a cowgirl because his skillz would have blinded MSG?

LeFlume

All Star
Any deal that gets rid of the Giraffe is a good deal. No matter the cost. Lets pray for a Giraffe-less Knicks on Thursday.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
This article says it all!!

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/Knicks-Have-Come-Too-Far-to-Turn-Back-Now-84481422.html

Look we gave up two All Star caliber players in Crawford and Zach for the sake of clearing cap, but we are trying to hold on to Jordan Hill!

Not to mention, Hill's contract off the books helps out with cap!

Agreed but if I were Donnie I would insist on not trading our 2012 1st rounder unless it's top 15 protected. Ultimately if he can't play hardball and has to trade the pick I would do it but reluctantly.