Jeffries getting traded can make LBJ come to NY

Paul1355

All Star
Think about it people...i dont like trading Hill and picks but if trading Jeffries can give LBJ a reason to come to NY, knowing that we'd get him and another top player, than trading Jeffries is a MUST.

If we don't make this move, keep Jeffries and only afford one FA, possibly not getting Lebron, then how mad will we all be about this trade not going down?

We only have MSG and the city of NY to get LBJ.

So is if Jeffries getting traded can free up enough space to make LBJ think that it's worth coming to NY, then we should do this...trade Hill and the picks and get two max guys.

ANU

Starter
i agree.if its just him, he aint comin.but if we can bring bosh with him, than i think its more likely he comes.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
It's a big IF that Lebron is coming to NYC. If we make this trade and end up with Bosh and J Johnson I don't think it was worth it. Yes, we will be leaps and bounds better but we will have mortgaged our future and don't think that duo can get us to the promised land. I really think we need to know where Amare is going. If he goes to Miami, great! That means Bosh is more likely to come to NYC and attract Lebron. It also means Lebron will look to upgrade in order to compete with the Heat and may find NYC desirable alongside Bosh. If Amare goes to the Cavs we can forget Lebron leaving his home town.

The looming Amare trade has HUGE implications for our 2010 plan and needs to be monitored very closely.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks have no chance of getting Lebron James or Dwyane Wade in 2010. They need to go after something more realistic like Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay. And Donnie Walsh needs to stop trying to buy a championship and keep his young talent.

Torp

Benchwarmer
The Knicks have no chance of getting Lebron James or Dwyane Wade in 2010. They need to go after something more realistic like Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay. And Donnie Walsh needs to stop trying to buy a championship and keep his young talent.

You make the assumption that our "young talent" is actually very talented... If we make this assumption and are wrong, we've wasted another decade.

The past decade has been full of wrong assumptions. Walsh is here to make sure we have a sure thing. Or at least a sure a thing as possible with the least amount of wrong assumptions.

The best way to do this is go after players with proven track records, and THEN start to develop some youth when we have a strong base.