TMAC deal "almost" finalized!!!

smokes

Huge Member
The Knicks and Rockets are reportedly finalizing a trade to send Tracy McGrady to New York.

The Knicks have agreed to give the Rockets the right to swap first-round picks in 2011 and the Knicks will send the Rockets their 2012 first-round pick. Details on protections attached to the two picks is the sole issue remaining to be resolved.

The trade creates approximately $9.5 million additional salary cap room this summer and likely gives the Knicks the ability to offer two maximum contracts.

New York would package Jared Jeffries, Jordan Hill and the expiring contract of Larry Hughes to Houston.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...c_to_new_york_almost_finalized/#ixzz0flnQ5jeD

Niiiiiiice Hughes and not Harrington, that leaves the Bulls trade open :D

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea man im pretty hyped by this, i been wanting Thomas also so we could still possibly get him these next 2 days will be interesting

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah I bitched on the Tyrus trade at first but that was before I knew we were gonna free up all this cap... now it makes more sense for us since we can probably retain him and his defense is gonna replace the loss of Jefferies defense :)

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
How is anyone happy with this trade? we give up our first round pick this year, swap picks in 2011 and give them our sure fire lottery pick in 2012. For what? getting Jeffries off the books for next year? This is a horrible horrible trade, in the mold of something Isaiah would do. If this happens i will have a hard time caring anymore. This is a joke,

smokes

Huge Member
How is anyone happy with this trade? we give up our first round pick this year, swap picks in 2011 and give them our sure fire lottery pick in 2012. For what? getting Jeffries off the books for next year? This is a horrible horrible trade, in the mold of something Isaiah would do. If this happens i will have a hard time caring anymore. This is a joke,

What are you talking about? We don't have a pick this year... Houston are not even a playoff team anymore so its potentially a lottery pick swap in 2011... And by 2012 if we get the free agents we are going to have money for we will be a playoff team so that pick won't even be in the lottery.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
What are you talking about? We don't have a pick this year... Houston are not even a playoff team anymore so its potentially a lottery pick swap in 2011... And by 2012 if we get the free agents we are going to have money for we will be a playoff team so that pick won't even be in the lottery.
Agreed. If we Sign LeBron and another max, getting Houston's pick in 2011 might actually be BETTER than keeping our own pick. This is a risky trade, but if Plan A for 2010 goes as planned and we sign LeBron, Bosh and retain Lee and McGrady....then we are looking at a dynasty. I'm willing to part with Jordan Hill for that chance. I understand the arguments against this because its VERY risky. But i'm tired of sucking and this risk could finally bring the Knicks out of mediocrity.

smokes

Huge Member
And hell if our 2010 free agency ends with us getting LBJ/Bosh/Wade even our 2011 pick is unlikely to be lottery... plus they will be protected unlike Isaiah trades lol...

Hitman

Benchwarmer

Think about this.

If this trade goes through, the Knicks can, on July 1, offer contracts to BOTH LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. They can have the owners there and Walt Frazier and Letterman and Jon Stewart and A Rod and Jeter and Donald Trump and Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni can present their vision of the next 5 years, and how they have a chance to do something bigger than anything that has ever been done.

In New York City.

This trade gives them that chance. It is not 100% that it is going to work. Hell, it isn't even 50%. But there is a strong possibility they may weigh the pros and cons and think it is just too much of an opportunity. The opportunity of a lifetime.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
This deal only makes sense if you are bringing in Lebron and another stud like Bosh. If we end up with Joe Johnson and other "almost superstars" I will be pissed. I hope Waslh knows that this move gets us Lebron.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Agreed. If we Sign LeBron and another max, getting Houston's pick in 2011 might actually be BETTER than keeping our own pick. This is a risky trade, but if Plan A for 2010 goes as planned and we sign LeBron, Bosh and retain Lee and McGrady....then we are looking at a dynasty. I'm willing to part with Jordan Hill for that chance. I understand the arguments against this because its VERY risky. But i'm tired of sucking and this risk could finally bring the Knicks out of mediocrity.

we would never be able to retain both Lee and Mcgrady if we signed both Lebron and Bosh.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This deal only makes sense if you are bringing in Lebron and another stud like Bosh. If we end up with Joe Johnson and other "almost superstars" I will be pissed. I hope Waslh knows that this move gets us Lebron.
Same here dude.....

But without the trade that'd be virtually impossible.

It's a double ended dildo that could either pleasure NY and it's fans (so much homo) or violently rape everyone's anus.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
I meant Hill, he was our first round pick. I should have said last years.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
Think about this.

If this trade goes through, the Knicks can, on July 1, offer contracts to BOTH LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. They can have the owners there and Walt Frazier and Letterman and Jon Stewart and A Rod and Jeter and Donald Trump and Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni can present their vision of the next 5 years, and how they have a chance to do something bigger than anything that has ever been done.

In New York City.

This trade gives them that chance. It is not 100% that it is going to work. Hell, it isn't even 50%. But there is a strong possibility they may weigh the pros and cons and think it is just too much of an opportunity. The opportunity of a lifetime.

There's too many ifs there for me. I realize it gives us enough cap to sign 2 stud guys, but there is no guarantee any of them will come here. I don't even think they should come here if i were them. Bron doesn't gain much by living in NYC over Cle. He already has all the endorsement deals he could possibly get. I don't see Wade coming here either, especially if he gets Bosh or Amare on the heat. So i fear we are going to do all this for Joe Johnson, who is nice, but not worth this risk. Im just a little surprised more people don't see this like i do.

metrocard

Legend
LeBron and Wade on the same team is retarded.
Not enough ball to share.

Grab one, and give him good players to play with.
Both guys have proven they can carry their teams to the Finals.

Kiyaman

Legend
Another RealGM trade proposal LOL

I stopped many many years ago on checking with RealGM trades on the February Deadline.

This is looking like one of Owner Dolan's kids fantasy trades again.

The Knicks offering a 2nd round draft pick is alright, but being a 33 win team at best the past 5 seasons can not afford to swap or give up any first-round draft picks for the next 6 years, or when they make the playoffs for 3 years straight.

The only teams that could afford to trade first round draft picks are playoff-teams that made the playoffs the last 3 to 5 seasons. Or maybe the Thunder whom selected 3 future All-Star draft picks the last 3 seasons in Westbrook, Harden, and Durant, they could afford to trade a future first rounder for a strong rebounder, shotblocker, and low-post scorer.

There's too many ifs there for me. I realize it gives us enough cap to sign 2 stud guys, but there is no guarantee any of them will come here. I don't even think they should come here if i were them. Bron doesn't gain much by living in NYC over Cle. He already has all the endorsement deals he could possibly get. I don't see Wade coming here either, especially if he gets Bosh or Amare on the heat. So i fear we are going to do all this for Joe Johnson, who is nice, but not worth this risk. Im just a little surprised more people don't see this like i do.

It's LeBron or Bust! That's how I see it.

Walsh's plan for LeBron sounds familiar (Nelson proposed it in 1995)

In 1995, Nelson would begin his stint with the Knicks, which lasted from July 1995 until March 1996. Despite coaching the Knicks to a respectable 34-25 record, Nelson had many personal problems with the players: e.g., he tried to convince management to trade Patrick Ewing in order to be in a position to make an offer to rising free agent Shaquille O'Neal.

Suss

Rookie

It would be Houston's option to swap picks in 2011. They would only do it if the Knicks have the higher draft pick.

Just because we have been burned in the past trading our first round picks doesn't mean that this deal doesn't make sense. If we land Lebron, nothing else matters. Every draft pick that we get after that won't even be a top 20 pick. Have a little faith that Walsh knows what he is doing. If getting rid of Jefferies is the key to landing two big free agents, then do whatever it takes to get rid of him.

Kiyaman

Legend
This THREAD was destroyed by all the DREAMERS

This thread was destroyed big-time by all the dreamers who respond with the next team "SUPER-STAR-PLAYERS".
Are they Dreamers or Assume'ers?

So what the Knicks got MONEY $$$ for two max-players, what else do the Knicks have to offer? who can best answer that question? try Patrick Ewing, Sprewell, Marbury, and Zach Radolph, or the 2010 FA players and their agents could always ask the Knicks past managers and coaches

It's time to wake-up and
Be For REAL...

Starks

Starter
It's LeBron or Bust! That's how I see it.

Walsh's plan for LeBron sounds familiar (Nelson proposed it in 1995)

In 1995, Nelson would begin his stint with the Knicks, which lasted from July 1995 until March 1996. Despite coaching the Knicks to a respectable 34-25 record, Nelson had many personal problems with the players: e.g., he tried to convince management to trade Patrick Ewing in order to be in a position to make an offer to rising free agent Shaquille O'Neal.

To bad they did this when he lost his value and started the trend of taking on gigantic contracts. I wish the Knicks would have listened to Nelson