Bandwagon Fans

Would you mind bandwagon fans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
We cant determine on join date. I joined recently but ive been a fan all my life. I honeslty dont care for bandwagon fans all i care about is our team bieng great again and winning some championships. i cant waste my time on who might be a true fan or not.

petescud

Starter
It happens all the time, so who cares. Today i was going to the supermarket, and 3 guys are staring at my front license plate and laughing and giving me a thumbs up. I have a #1 Knicks fan plate ands live in Florida, so I stick out like a sore thumb. I'm guessing these guys are Lebron fans and waiting to jump the Knicks wagon as they were all in the late teens....Go Knicks

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
Well put!
The real fans are the ones who can recall the dead years when our saviors were Frank Williams,Kieth Van Horn,and Antonio McDyess. They remember our off season flirtations with Eric Dampier. They remember the hope that we had when Larry Brown was hired!

We remember the first round playoff sweep that gave us hope, only to see us near the bottom of the Conference the next year!

The real fans can tell you about Maciej Lampe, Mike Sweetney and that tall doofy cat we took in the second round that draft!

We remember the day Isiah took over, we remember everyone of his bad moves from his first that sent Weatherspoon for Hou for Moochie Norris, to his last for Zach Randolph!

We all remember the Anucha Brown Saunders case!

These are the fans that deserve a winner and if you are apart of that bro, then you deserve it too:gony:

You resurrect such nightmares here...
To be complete you have to mention Howard Eisley running the point and passing to Shannon Anderson and Junk Yard Dog.... yuck :( and we were also paying Luc Longley's salary.

And the 3rd guy in this draft was Slavko Vranes !!

knicksin60

Starter
There was a Knick commercial that use to appear on MSG in the late 90's, the commercial asked Knick fans if they woke up in the middle of the night to yell the word, "Yes" and if they had their bedroom painted in orange and blue.There were more questions asked in the commercial but my memory isn't really that strong.I remember how that commercial questioned the loyalty of Knick fans and how in those days it was difficult for many people to tell the difference between real Knick fans and bandwagoners.

I remember in 93-94 I wore a knicks t shirt to school every day for an entire year
I even had a t shirt that had no 20 and no 33 jerseys on it

not houston

rolando blackman

yeah thats right

KingCharles34

All Star
In some ways its good because its even more exposure for us. I do think we should gang up on the Ledikk riders that join here and have lebronze as part of their name, assuming he signs with us.

lol @ slavko vranes, i never thought he would amount to anything...guess i was right. I thought Frank Williams was gonna be nice though.

New guy here.I recently found out about this site. I've been a fan since the mid 80's so I don't consider myself a "bandwagon" fan. But to those that are...welcome aboard. The Knicks need more fans, thats for sure.

dan1608

Benchwarmer
As phony and annoying as bandwagoners are, I don't really mind them. They are a part of franchise rejuvination, when people are jumping on your bandwagon it's because they want to become part of something on the up and up. It's a sign of success. Bandwagoners bring new money and interest into the franchise.

A reality in the NBA is the majority of fans are bandwagoners and will stop supporting their teams when they are no longer successful. 90% of Lakers fans will ditch them once Kobe retires and the team innevitabley declines. Once the Knicks get good, bandwagoners will likely hop onto the forum. It's an unfortunate reality we have to deal with, if we want our franchise to succeed, having a majority bandwagon fanbase is the price of success.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Only Walt, others needs the CASH, have to be politically correct

Totally off topic (The picture of Clyde got me thinking) how amazing are the knicks broadcasters? Breen (as you can tell I am a HUGE fan), Walt, Gus Johnson. Two great play-by-play and the best color man in the business. I do, though, hate Kelly Trabuka (spelling?)

Walt is # one in my book, just for the big picture, not actual color or any play by play.

My thoughts (which are useless) are that D'Antoni screwed us out of the playoffs this year, worse yet, he screwed the Knicks of three players he is going to need if they sign two money is #1 objective and play in New York.
Lee is just going to try to no injure himself, he already proved the Knicks wrong in giving him only a one year. He does not seem as happy here and somebody is going to offer big $$$. Two to tier players and Lee? Knicks can't swing that and fill two more positions. Duhon will probably be back as the starter (just kidding, I hope).

His treatment of Marbury, Curry, Robinson, Hughes, Harrington, etc. All these guys were history anyway, why get all the press with the big story on Robinson, your benching a good player and taking losses (with Duhon) in an effort to show your the boss. That is high school crap. You get that shit over in the preseason, not a month of the season when you should play to win.
Lebron does not fit the mold, Cleveland is going to take care of him and he is already the face of the NBA with Kobe. Anymore press, I am tired of seeing him now. Watch a game, they televise Lebron on the bench than show the game in progress.

Walt is the only one that called this during the season, numerous times saying he would do this, or that (most was getting the bench players playing time, over and over). I remember D'Ant played every single player but Hughes on a blowout win and Walt said, if you want the playoffs, you should get everyone some minutes. The month pine benching was questioned by Walt does it smooth, but not afraid to challenge anyone in the organization because no one F's with Walt. The great picture of Walt in the big hat and basketball says it all.

MJ is now a wild card in this off season, how many players are going to want to play for Jordan? I think many, cause they know he does not like to loose and has a great coach already with Brown. Hughes will be there next week, since he started with MJ at Washington and Brown drafted him out as 76's first pick 12 years ago. Would love to see Hughes and Robinson play New York this year "live". You would see a lot not televised. Looks, fingers, stares, etc. Jordan is going to want that playoff spot now and so does Brown. D'Ant threw in the towel, and him and Walshy did a shell game with the fans focusing on this summer. Wow, Knicks season over? Not what my schedule shows? Now the season is supposed to be fun and the Knicks gave up. How would you like to be a season ticket holder and your coach and GM so obviously blew a chance for playoff games? Plus tried to sell T-Mac as trying to still give a shit for this year, what a poor con job. 7 games on the court this year and he is supposed to lead the Knicks to the playoffs, ya right. Now Duhon is benched, why, he played the same crap all year. Hell, I felt like I need a Direct T.V. 15% refund. Still will enjoy other games like Denver @ LA tomorrow. The playoffs are fantastic, players play as a team and play with everything they got, hence the upsets.