Knicks vs Chicago Bulls game thread 2-17

tiger0330

Legend
The guys lost but at least it wasn't by 33. They at least ran the play that was drawn up when they were down by 3, Gallo taking the 3 coming off a Lee screen, Gallo just missed it. Tough loss but at least it was a decent effort.

Kiyaman

Legend
He looked fine in the first half. Ok lets say he does have a sore knee, but what's the explanation for Hughes?

I been asking myself that same question about Hughes vs Chicago all season, Hughes has yet to play against Chicago all season long.
I doubt if it is a trade tonight, but Hughes not being on the bench had Dantoni worried all 2nd half.
Another loss at MSG to a poor road team...

Gallo is not a finisher or anywhere near being a CLOSER

johnstarky

Rotation player
A loss is still a loss.As bad as the Knicks were last year, the 2008-09 Knicks look like the '72 Lakers next to the 2009-10 Knicks.

mafra

Legend
A loss is still a loss.As bad as the Knicks were last year, the 2008-09 Knicks look like the '72 Lakers next to the 2009-10 Knicks.

I've been following the Knicks since the late 70s.... Seen some BAD teams. I've never seen a team this pathetic. Nothing worse than watching a team with no heart, sit there and brick 25-foot shots night after night. Fail to even step in and play help defense, pass the ball....

Even if this team is close, they'll just choke down the stretch. Right now, there is no hope, no future, nothing.

We have a false sense of calm.... presently.... because we're all buying into the fantasy that some magic elixir await us this summer. Boy I hope so. Otherwise we toss out the last decade... we have to move beyond the BS we were sold the last 2 years.... and we'll be left with this!

Gallo is no Gordon or Lopez, we got Hill when EVERYONE on the planet begged for anything but him. Yikes!

Actually, Gallo is 17-58 (10-36 from 3), 18 rebounds this year against CHI in 4 games (NY is 1-3).

Last edited:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Bad Bad loss. And I'd rather have Gallo miss clutch shots this year, than next year. Give him the oppurtunity, hes missed a couple, and made a couple, he'll be fine.

Chandler was impressive. But he doesn't get to the free throw line all that often. Great scorers will get at least 7-8 attempts at the free throw line. Will only got 2 attempts. But seeing him score a 3 pointer was riveting, and horrifying at the same time. Riveting if he can somehow get a consistent 3 pointer, but horrifying if he still sucks at them but starts to fall in love with them. Hopefully it's the first choice.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I've been following the Knicks since the late 70s.... Seen some BAD teams. I've never seen a team this pathetic. Nothing worse than watching a team with no heart, sit there and brick 25-foot shots night after night. Fail to even step in and play help defense, pass the ball....

That's what you call being in the moment. The 2007-2008 year was so much worse than this year. We have no talent this year, we had a good amount of individual talent in 07-08. Unfortunetely we were coached by Isiah Thomas who sucked. The talent he did bring together didn't mesh whatsoever. And teamwork was taboo during that season. This season is not nearly as bad as that year. Don't you lie, you know Isiah's last year was the most PATHETIC team in Knicks history, maybe even NBA history.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Sad to learn again that Gallo can't hit the cluch shot. Oh well.
CHI announcers crack me up. Gallo is like 10-60 shooting against CHI this year and they'll ripping him apart.

I would've luv to listen to the Bulls commentators than our fake a..ss phoney-Breen and whomever is with him. Mark Jackson is announcing the Phoenix vs Dallas game. This Knick organization can not help from hiring phoney people.

Gallo is a 3-point-shooter, and has never hit a clutch-shot this season, and the reason why is his uncle Dantoni has not written-up plays for him or taught him anything the last two seasons.
Clutch-shooters dont miss 2-open shots in a row.
The Knicks clutch-shooters are Harrington, Nate, and Chandler.

Kiyaman

Legend
That's what you call being in the moment. The 2007-2008 year was so much worse than this year. We have no talent this year, we had a good amount of individual talent in 07-08. Unfortunetely we were coached by Isiah Thomas who sucked. The talent he did bring together didn't mess whatsoever. And teamwork was taboo during that season. This season is not nearly as bad as that year. Don't you lie, you know Isiah's last year was the most PATHETIC team in Knicks history, maybe even NBA history.

Mafra mention he been watching the Knicks since the 70's, which means he watched 40 straight years of hard hustling defense from a team....Isiah did change the team into an all offensive-player team but.....but to hire a one-dimensional offensive coach that is clueless of defense....is worse than Isiah

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Mafra mention he been watching the Knicks since the 70's, which means he watched 40 straight years of hard hustling defense from a team....Isiah did change the team into an all offensive-player team but.....but to hire a one-dimensional offensive coach that is clueless of defense....is worse than Isiah

I'd much rather labor through this year, where I can at least see Gallo, Chandler, and Lee grow rather than have to watch Eddy McFlurry and Z-Bo in the same frontcourt....brings back nightmares

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Could anyone explain to me why Brad Miller has his best games against the Knicks? For the past decade this guy has murdered the Knicks.Why do the Knicks always have to be victims to a player with the last name Miller?

Ick can't even remember the amount of times the last fews years someone has a "career" game against us. Wow, he's only scored 3 points before but has 38 tonight against the Knicks!!! WTF. Who was the guard, maybe in Houston or something last year can't even remember but never heard of him at the time and he lit us up and Nate said our scouting report had him as a 7 foot center and not a 6 foot guard.

Kiyaman

Legend
Bad Bad loss. And I'd rather have Gallo miss clutch shots this year, than next year. Give him the oppurtunity, hes missed a couple, and made a couple, he'll be fine.

Chandler was impressive. But he doesn't get to the free throw line all that often. Great scorers will get at least 7-8 attempts at the free throw line. Will only got 2 attempts. But seeing him score a 3 pointer was riveting, and horrifying at the same time. Riveting if he can somehow get a consistent 3 pointer, but horrifying if he still sucks at them but starts to fall in love with them. Hopefully it's the first choice.

Originally Posted by johnstarky
Could anyone explain to me why Brad Miller has his best games against the Knicks? For the past decade this guy has murdered the Knicks.Why do the Knicks always have to be victims to a player with the last name Miller?

I been a die-hard Knick-fan for over a half a century, and I would've develope Rookie Jordan Hill's defensive presence in the paint with plenty of playingtime and a personal training coach at each game this season, before I took any interest in a bad dribbling 3-point shooter Gallo.
The Knicks lost this game and last night game b/c they could'nt make any stops in the 2nd half of the game
The Bulls scored practically on every offensive posession, I thought the Bulls had Harper, Jordan, Pippin, Kukoc, and Super-Defense Rodman on the court. LOL
What happen to the Reed & Debu, Cartwright & King, Ewing & Oak, Camby & Kurt, bigman philosophy that was used on the Knicks???

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Someone spoke about D'Antoni's lack of in-game awareness. It's hard to tell whether he has this, because this is the type of thing you have to be with him, on a team bench, to notice. He seems quick to pull players, which is the main thing a coach does to maintain control.

However, when you pull a player, it's important to do it with a strategy in mind, with a plan you would like the sub to implement, as opposed to just doing it out of emotion. This is so because you usually only pull a player if he is not implementing your plan. The sub then should come in with your plan in mind.

When I have pulled players, usually guards and sometimes bigs, it has been in regard to their refusal to execute what I have asked the team to do. I then call time, get my sub in line with what I want. Tell the other guys that we are going to now go ahead, etc.

The main culprits, in my experience, have been the guards. I don't know for sure if that is the case with the Knicks. I do think that getting Duhon permanently out of the lineup would be worth a try.

paris401

Starter
I been a die-hard Knick-fan for over a half a century, and I would've develope Rookie Jordan Hill's defensive presence in the paint with plenty of playingtime and a personal training coach at each game this season, before I took any interest in a bad dribbling 3-point shooter Gallo.

i thought its only me who thinks that zepole is out of control while dribbling.. my bro says maybe he should turn it down a notch when dribbling... he is already a sloooow white boy... me thinks he is overmatched on this side of the pond...

jimkcchief88

All Star

CHI announcers crack me up. Gallo is like 10-60 shooting against CHI this year and they'll ripping him apart.

Nice to see my guy Taj light up the Knicks. Too bad we passed on him.

Yeah Stacey King is hilarious. I was talking to my best friend when Jordan Hill shot that doorknob in first quarter that barely drew iron. I yelled "what are you doing" and as soon as I said it Stacey King said the exact same thing. Stacey keeps it real either way and they have been roasting Gallo the WHOLE season like" well we hear he's a good shooter, but we haven't seen it..." like that you know. Hilarious.

clumsy

Rotation player
At least the ball movement was much better this game..haha....jared jeff is a huge liability on offense haha

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I told everyone that dude was a bust. At number 6? Chosen over Brook? Compared to Dirk? I mean, they even had a commercial, recently, on MSG, where they showed highlights of both Dirk and Gallo and played some song with the lyrics "anything you can do, I can do better." Wow! Just Wow!

If he had been 15 or 16, I would be cool with it. But I'm still full of regret at not having drafter Brook. I saw Brook play for Stanford, and I could tell he would be a "great center," as Dwight Howard put it during the rookie-sophomore game. Gallo, in his highlights, however, looked slow, out of control and like a pure bust.

The Gallo lovefest is over.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Nice to see my guy Taj light up the Knicks. Too bad we passed on him.

Oh yea and Taj has been a real find for the Bulls. Taj has already made Tyrus Thomas expendable. Pax is a great GM.....

clumsy

Rotation player
i hope we get tyrus thomas tho....could be an inside defense presence this team needs even tho he'd be undersized....He's also a bonehead....but hey better than anyone we have now.

CoolClyde

The phenomenal Chris Duhound does it again

Wow! Another amazing career performance by the Knicks starting PG, 35 minutes, 2 points, exact same numbers as last game. Unfrackingbelievable! I guess those 8 assists are what keeps him being the D'anteaters love of his life.

At least Douglas got some run. He looks much better than the hound, if only he was getting consistent minutes this season... I'd rather see Douglas start, and the hound coming off bench, instead of being in game as same time.

The well under-rated Wil the Kill Chandler is getting better and better! For some reason, he decided to shoot more 3's this game than in recent months, and he hit most of them! His drives to the hoop are a sign of greatness to come! Under-rated!!

What's up with Gallo? he looks clumsy and lacking confidence. He is becoming the airball king. Prego!

It was good to see Harrington scoring some points, only for Chicago to see first hand what he can do, and make that Tyrus-saurus trade... now I see that might not happen. too bad. who knows? wtf? another loss for No-D'Antoni!

My mind was on N8 being gone the whole game, and how much I hate that D'amnfool coach. Is that how you bring out the best in a player, by telling him to "do what you do best", and then benching him and forcing the player/agent to trade him, instead of incorporating him into a team concept? N8 could have been 6th man of the year, if used correctly. SMH. It's all spilt milk now, no use talking or thinking about it. We could have used N8 last night...

btw, Derrick Rose is fantastic. Luol Deng and Taj are pretty damn good too.
F*ck Chicago!