I'm So Happy That Even This Came Across My Mind

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Would you offer Kobe a four-year max contract if we don't get LeBron and Wade?He still hasn't signed an extension.And really, 30 year old Kobe is still > then the other FAs.This is just talking offer wise, not the likelyhood of it actually happening.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I'd rather get LeBron or Wade because they can play the next 7/8 years at the highest level and Kobe will be rockin for 2 more years at best.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
No way it's going to happen. Kobe will retire as a Laker and if not the greatest, one of the greatest. He's not going anywhere. LA is his kingdom and he's not leaving it for anything.

p0nder

Starter
Would I? hell yes. Kobe is a great player and would bring a ring no doubt.

But would He? not a chance in hell. He loves LA

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I'd rather get LeBron or Wade because they can play the next 7/8 years at the highest level and Kobe will be rockin for 2 more years at best.

I'm not sure that I buy this. Jordan was the best player in the league through ages 35/36. Kobe is only 31. Now, to be fair, Kobe has more miles on him than Jordan did at his current age because Kobe came straight out of high school.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I'm not sure that I buy this. Jordan was the best player in the league through ages 35/36. Kobe is only 31. Now, to be fair, Kobe has more miles on him than Jordan did at his current age because Kobe came straight out of high school.
Kobe is still the best player in the NBA. One of the only players EVER to have the killer instinct to put games away like Jordan did. It would make my dreams come true if Kobe signed with the Knicks. But this is completely out of the question. Kobe won't leave LA, but damn it would be nice.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Kobe is still the best player in the NBA. One of the only players EVER to have the killer instinct to put games away like Jordan did. It would make my dreams come true if Kobe signed with the Knicks. But this is completely out of the question. Kobe won't leave LA, but damn it would be nice.

Oh, I completely agree. NO CHANCE Kobe leaves LA. I was just saying . . . I think the dude has more than two top years left.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I agree. I grew up in orange county so im also a fan of the lakers out west. I dont see kobe burning out anytime soon. He wont allow it.

ANU

Starter
it still boggles my mind that he hasn't signed an extension yet.i suppose its possible as small as the possiblity is.kobe has always been fond of msg, mny and the knicks.it would not surprise me if he came here at all.so yeah, if the cavs win the ship, and kobe decides to leave, then i prefer him to wade.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
And, unlike other players who love D'Antoni, but didn't want to sign here, Kobe's favorite player growing up is D'Antoni.That's why he wore the number 8.Not saying this means anything, but yeah.