LeBron & DWade

Hitman

Benchwarmer
Do you think there is any chance that Donnie offers both of them contracts on July 1 & makes the case-

"Fellas....this is a once in a lifetime chance. A chance to make history & do what has never been done before..."

1. Will they bite?
2. Would it work? LeBron, Wade, Gallinari, Chandler, possibly Curry but whatever other minimum vets to round out the roster. What kind of success do you see that team having?

LeBron & Bosh seems to be the more sound strategy, but I am not sold that Bosh's max money wouldn't be better spent on David Lee AND another solid player.

But LeBron AND Wade would be something too big to imagine. Imagine the hype the Knicks would get.

JayJ44

Starter
Honestly, Lebron and Bosh seem like a much better combo. Lebron and Wade pretty much play the same way. They're both elite slashers who can't really shoot. They both need the ball in their hands at all times, and I don't think it would work out as well as some people are imagining. With Lebron + Bosh, we would get a post player to pair with Lebron, and forms a more well rounded team.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't be a huge proponent of Lebron/Dwade for several reasons:

1) First of all, and this is probably the most obvious reason, I don't think any team could flourish with two players who have as big of an ego and who demand the ball as much as those two guys. I only think there is room for one of those guys on a team for a full 82 game season.

2) This may be quite controversial and I may get flamed for writing it, but I'm not sold that giving D-Wade a max contract would be the best idea. Why not, you ask? Because the guy has a propensity to get injured and I fear his body breaking down. Remember, he will be 29 years old already next season (don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that is close to old or anything) and he has had a major knee injury and has a history of nagging injuries, in general. I'm not saying that I definately wouldn't offer Wade a max contract, I'm just saying that I would be hesitant to do it because I would fear his body breaking down.

3) To me, the ultimate combination would be Lebron and Bosh. Dominant wing player + Dominant Low post player = gold. (Also, I think Bosh is a bit underrated. I really think he has a chance to be an all-time great power forward when all is said and done)

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Amare and Wade > James and Bosh

I must respectfully disagree, I'd strongly prefer James and Bosh to Stoudemire and Wade. I think Bosh could be considered a top 10 player maybe. I don't rate Amare as highly but maybe that's just me. Guys I'd rather have on my team than Amare:
Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Carmelo
Durant
C Paul
D Williams
and Chris Duhon

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
too much ego, if you guys seen LBJ reaction to wade winning the mvp at the all star game, you know what i mean.

th3realicon

Rotation player
LeBron and D-Wade can be our Jordan and Pippen.

They would decide who would be Jordan first couse they ain't that different.

Anywayz i say DWade because he already has one a ring he has no presure whatsoever.

Although him being from Chicago i think he will be the one going there and we end up with James and Amare. The Bulls with Wade and Rose would be one of the best teams of years to come.

Lets revamp the rivalry with them insstead but this time aroung lets go get Lebron so we do have the best player in the planet not them (Sorry Ewing worshipers but Jordan was in a league of his own.)

Stavrogin

Rookie
I wouldn't be a huge proponent of Lebron/Dwade for several reasons:

1) First of all, and this is probably the most obvious reason, I don't think any team could flourish with two players who have as big of an ego and who demand the ball as much as those two guys. I only think there is room for one of those guys on a team for a full 82 game season.

2) This may be quite controversial and I may get flamed for writing it, but I'm not sold that giving D-Wade a max contract would be the best idea. Why not, you ask? Because the guy has a propensity to get injured and I fear his body breaking down. Remember, he will be 29 years old already next season (don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that is close to old or anything) and he has had a major knee injury and has a history of nagging injuries, in general. I'm not saying that I definately wouldn't offer Wade a max contract, I'm just saying that I would be hesitant to do it because I would fear his body breaking down.

3) To me, the ultimate combination would be Lebron and Bosh. Dominant wing player + Dominant Low post player = gold. (Also, I think Bosh is a bit underrated. I really think he has a chance to be an all-time great power forward when all is said and done)

I agree with pretty much everything you said

Goodfella

Rookie
Who are all of the big names anyway for the 2010 free agency beside LJ23 Bosh Wade Amare Nash? Can't think of anyone else, having a brain fart.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Amare and Wade > James and Bosh

Yo I used to like D-Wade more than Lebron to. I still "root" for Wade more than Lebron, but its official, Bron Bron is better than him. Lebron is an athletic specimen, a freak of nature. He can score at will, and add to that his amazing court vision, he's just a beast. Wade can score with Lebron, but Wade isn't the athletic freak Bron Bron is, nor is he a better passer. Plus the Akron Hammer is younger and less injury prone. Amare is also injury prone, while Bosh isn't. It's a scary thought to be handing two max contracts to TWO injury prone players.

James>Wade (even though I like Wade better)
Bosh> STAT

If we had the option we would have to pick LeBrick and Bosh. That with Gallinari, Chandler, and maybe TMac? would be amazing.

But don't get me wrong, "settling" for Wade and Amare is still amazing. I'm just saying if we had the choice you gotta go with the King and the Craptor.

Torp

Benchwarmer
I'm pretty sure I've read in multiple places that Bosh wants to be the franchise player of a team. He wants a team to be built around him, he doesn't want to build around another superstar.

I mean, from all the stuff I've read, it seems like Bosh has one of the lowest possibilities of coming to New York. The only way would be if him and another superstar somehow talk and plan it together.

Wade is the same way really. He wants to be the man, and he has no real desire to be in NY.

Lebron is the only one who has a motivation to come to New York. He wants to be the man. He wants to be the richest athlete in the world. He wants the spotlight. He loves NY unlike Wade and the others.

Then who will co-star? As I said I highly doubt bosh coming to backup lebron. I highly doubt wade teaming up with Lebron. It is almost unnecessary really.

Amare has publically stated he would love to come to NY. And of course he loves Coach D. He has spent his childhood here and would love to come play in NY. He would play well with Lebron.

Joe Johnson has a history with coach D and would love to come play for Mike D. He also likes NY. If LBJ, Wade, or bosh don't come to NY there is a 95% chance Joe Johnson will be a Knick.

So I don't know really. If Lebron decides to come to us, then I'd have to go with Amare coming together. These players both like the coach, both love the city, and both play different positions so they would work better together than a Wade/Lebron pairing.

I guess I'll go ahead and call it. Summer 2010, Lebron/Amare will arrive.

LeFlume

All Star
I think you are offside Torp. Bosh and Wade wanna win championship. I don't think they would say NO if LeBron asked any of them to join him in NYC. I think every player in the NBA wanna be a part of that journey. I doubt that Bosh rather sign with The Kings for ex because he wanna be The Man. Come On now. These guys are professionals, They wanna win, and what better place to do it than in New York? The Capitol of the world..

Hitman

Benchwarmer
I'm pretty sure I've read in multiple places that Bosh wants to be the franchise player of a team. He wants a team to be built around him, he doesn't want to build around another superstar.

Bosh has said he wants the Raptors to build around him. He hasn't said he wouldn't play with LeBron James. That would be silly. Why wouldn't he want to play with LBJ? Because LBJ is "better" than him? That is insane.

who will co-star? As I said I highly doubt bosh coming to backup lebron. I highly doubt wade teaming up with Lebron. It is almost unnecessary really.

How is "unecessary?"

I
guess I'll go ahead and call it. Summer 2010, Lebron/Amare will arrive.

I would rather keep DLee than sign Amare.

20 points, 11.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists

and no defense
vs.

21 points, 8.7 rebounds, 1 assist

and no defense. DLee is better than Amare and will come cheaper.